Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    my2hands said:
    https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/reports/2017/11/01/441926/voter-trends-in-2016/

Interesting read for those hoping to move past the russian red scare smokescreen... pretty exhaustive study by a liberal leaning group

In the study it states if black turnout remained static between 2012-2016 in each state that Hillary would have won Wisconsin & Michigan, and therefore the election
    Are you seriously trying to distil why a person votes for candidate A vs candidate B by referencing one fact with throngs of variables? Say, a four year difference? Different candidates? Different circumstances? Different cultural times? Diminished faith in the establishment and increased hope in outsiders' presence in Washington? Clinton's past referring to black people as superpredators (a highly publicized event)? Clinton's relationship with Bill whose crime bills passed in '94 led to further mass incarcerations?

Your claims that the black vote decreased because of X are equally invalid, unsubstantiated, and unprovable as those on here claiming that the election was won because of Y. 
    This is a correct assessment. 
    So you're saying it's possible and accurate to distill the voting incentives and disincentives if an entire group of people into one statement?
    Ok, you tell me why black voter turnout dropped nationwide in 4 years... i'm all ears... i don't think it's that complicated

Funny how people have no problem calling everyone a racist or sexist or a Trump voter every name in the book... but seem afraid to speak the truth when it comes to black voter drop off........ it's because the black guy wasn't on the ticket, and the person on the ticket sucked and takes the black vote for granted, saying she carries hot sauce in her bag is going to connect her to black voters? Lol, fucking shameful. That's the worst fucking pandering I've ever seen! 

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama had deleted endorsements of Hillary Clinton from their Twitter accounts after FBI director James B. Comey announced the discovery of new Clinton emails. 

Is that real? Maybe it was a russian hacking! Lol

There is more:

“Fox News Exposes Traitor Megyn Kelly, Kicks Her Out for Backing Hillary.” The Denver Guardian, a phony website that bills itself “Denver’s oldest news source,” recently published “Breaking: President Obama To Issue Hillary a ‘Blanket Pardon’ To Avoid Future Prosecution.”

• Options
    my2hands said:
    Am i the only person that found Trumps Biden video tweet to be hilarious? Complete with sniffing sounds??? Bwahahahahaha, i'm sorry, but that shit is funny

Man you set the bar low for yourself. The video is unsettling- just like everything else about the twat. A world leader should not act like that. Especially one from the greatest country on the planet (according to you). Period.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,183
    I thought the video was funny but inappropriate from the president.

But then again I’m also not willing to give Biden a pass for him being a creep unlike many others because they agree with his politics.

Honest question - my2hands refers to the moving goalpost. Do people really not see this? The narrative keeps changing to try and find something to nail trump with. I’m ok with it as his failing to protect our elections from a foreign enemy is reason enough he should be gone....but it’s certainly a continually moving of the goalposts. I always thought collusion was likely bullshit, and while I’m unsure if it meets the legal definition trumps obstruction activities were the bigger deal. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

But then again I’m also not willing to give Biden a pass for him being a creep unlike many others because they agree with his politics.

Honest question - my2hands refers to the moving goalpost. Do people really not see this? The narrative keeps changing to try and find something to nail trump with. I’m ok with it as his failing to protect our elections from a foreign enemy is reason enough he should be gone....but it’s certainly a continually moving of the goalposts. I always thought collusion was likely bullshit, and while I’m unsure if it meets the legal definition trumps obstruction activities were the bigger deal. 
    So you disagree that people have been talking about collusion AND obstruction for months? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    my2hands said:
    Am i the only person that found Trumps Biden video tweet to be hilarious? Complete with sniffing sounds??? Bwahahahahaha, i'm sorry, but that shit is funny
    Yeah if it was posted by a 15yr old man you tell me how this video would of been received if HRC had posted a similar one of the Baffoon grabbing women’s genitalia? I find nothing funny about this , like I’ve stated he has taken the country right into the toilet of society! 
    Speaking of memes and Hillary Rodham Clinton, I'm surprised there were no memes in 2016 of Hillary RODMAN Clinton. Like, photoshopping Dennis Rodman's hair and tattoos onto Hillary. A missed opportunity I guess. 
    I guess you like these sorts of videos posted by the president ..
    The video Trump posted is mildly funny. You being upset over it is hilarious. You know that's what he wants right? He plays you all like a fiddle. 
    So you're advocating for fight fire with fire? Think back to the time before Trump entered the presidential race and tell me, would you have found it acceptable for a president or presidential candidate to post things like that and in response to it would you have encouraged the other party to go on the attack? Some of you think it is TDS for liberals to be upset by this, but I actually think TDS means you've succumbed to this behavior being the norm, which is pathetic. If in order to win the presidency, we are going to advocate for this behavior, then fuck this country.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

So you disagree that people have been talking about collusion AND obstruction for months? 
     Why didn’t you answer my question is you want me to answer yours?

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

My answer is in my question, but if you want it spelled out, no, I disagree, because I see that people have been talking about all of this, not just collusion. The goal posts haven’t moved, because these have always been the goal posts. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited April 2019
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    Yeah if it was posted by a 15yr old man you tell me how this video would of been received if HRC had posted a similar one of the Baffoon grabbing women’s genitalia? I find nothing funny about this , like I’ve stated he has taken the country right into the toilet of society! 
    Speaking of memes and Hillary Rodham Clinton, I'm surprised there were no memes in 2016 of Hillary RODMAN Clinton. Like, photoshopping Dennis Rodman's hair and tattoos onto Hillary. A missed opportunity I guess. 
    The video Trump posted is mildly funny. You being upset over it is hilarious. You know that's what he wants right? He plays you all like a fiddle. 
    So you're advocating for fight fire with fire? Think back to the time before Trump entered the presidential race and tell me, would you have found it acceptable for a president or presidential candidate to post things like that and in response to it would you have encouraged the other party to go on the attack? Some of you think it is TDS for liberals to be upset by this, but I actually think TDS means you've succumbed to this behavior being the norm, which is pathetic. If in order to win the presidency, we are going to advocate for this behavior, then fuck this country.
    I just think you have to fight back. It doesn't have to be with memes or videos, but replying "Well I can see you're being presidential as always" or whatever Biden said isn't fighting back. It's letting him walk all over you...just like Hillary did. But I guess when "they go low, we go high."

Concerning Trump Derangement Syndrome, I think both instances you listed could be considered two different types of TDS. Yes, it's TDS for liberals to get upset over video ("The President is so immature and mean!"). And yes, it's TDS for people to have succumbed to or normalized this sort of thing (What an awesome, hilarious tweet by the President!") And you know what? Neither of those two groups are going to decide the 2020 election. The former will vote for the democrat, and the latter will vote for Trump.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

My answer is in my question, but if you want it spelled out, no, I disagree, because I see that people have been talking about all of this, not just collusion. The goal posts haven’t moved, because these have always been the goal posts. 
    Well then I disagree. People did nice to obstruction fairly early but they started with collusion, talked about trump jr and kushner and even the president being indicted. Talked about the campaign working with Russia.....then they moved to taxes and people being bad peoples in other aspects of life. I think the goalpost have definitely be moved...and pretty far.  Looking for anything at this point. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Well then I disagree. People did nice to obstruction fairly early but they started with collusion, talked about trump jr and kushner and even the president being indicted. Talked about the campaign working with Russia.....then they moved to taxes and people being bad peoples in other aspects of life. I think the goalpost have definitely be moved...and pretty far.  Looking for anything at this point. 
    Sorry, I'm going to intercede here and just mention that I think part of the problem is that there were waaaaay too many directions the whole investigation could go and each piece you mentioned was tossed around, but the problem is that the only way any of this could even be considered is if special counsel was appointed to look in to the Russia collusion story as a matter of national security and voting protections. The call for taxes, fraud, and financial crimes preceded the ones for collusion, but everything got pushed under the rug while the focus changed in order for an investigation to even move forward in to any of it. I also never really thought much was going to be determined on the collusion front, but then stupid lies by the Trump team (the whole meeting at Trump tower) and the mention of a Russian pee tape made people start getting sucked in to that hole being dug.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    I just think you have to fight back. It doesn't have to be with memes or videos, but replying "Well I can see you're being presidential as always" or whatever Biden said isn't fighting back. It's letting him walk all over you...just like Hillary did. But I guess when "they go low, we go high."

Concerning Trump Derangement Syndrome, I think both instances you listed could be considered two different types of TDS. Yes, it's TDS for liberals to get upset over video ("The President is so immature and mean!"). And yes, it's TDS for people to have succumbed to or normalized this sort of thing (What an awesome, hilarious tweet by the President!") And you know what? Neither of those two groups are going to decide the 2020 election. The former will vote for the democrat, and the latter will vote for Trump.
    I get what you're saying and do think there could be a more tactful response without being just a trolling jackass. I believe many have responded to his tweets and statements with a dose of reality about real issues, but again, it seems that type of informed and articulate response only matters to those who already don't support Trump. The entrenchment is astonishing.

I also agree, TDS can go both ways. They are the extremes of both parties.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:

I get what you're saying and do think there could be a more tactful response without being just a trolling jackass. I believe many have responded to his tweets and statements with a dose of reality about real issues, but again, it seems that type of informed and articulate response only matters to those who already don't support Trump. The entrenchment is astonishing.

I also agree, TDS can go both ways. They are the extremes of both parties.
    Sure. I think if I was in Biden's shoes yesterday, I would have pointed out the hypocrisy of Donald Trump (of all people) commenting on creepy behavior towards women. Even if that sort of reply didn't resonate with voters, it could get Trump thinking to himself "Hmm...maybe this isn't a battle I want to fight," forcing the conversation away from "who's creepier?" and back towards policy...which will almost always favor Trump's opponents. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    my2hands said:
    Oh boy yeah ok how ever you see it ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    A lot of the people i see talking/lecturing about low bars, immaturity, inappropriate behavior yada yada yada are the same ones in here every day talk about Trump supporters/voters that they disagree with politically like they are scum, name calling and taking the low road, all day, every day.... buffoon, cleetus, morons, racists, etc... I've even seen people call them subhuman... 

This is the point I've been trying to make, poorly lol...... we are fucking hypocrites and have become what we claim to hate.... we now demonize those we disagree with, name call them, shame them, etc..... and then act mortified over a fucking tweet 

Hypocrisy
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    edited April 2019
    Gotta love the whole "don't be intolerant of intolerance" kind of mindset, and its many different iterations. /s
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,831
    my2hands said:
    A lot of the people i see talking/lecturing about low bars, immaturity, inappropriate behavior yada yada yada are the same ones in here every day talk about Trump supporters/voters that they disagree with politically like they are scum, name calling and taking the low road, all day, every day.... buffoon, cleetus, morons, racists, etc... I've even seen people call them subhuman... 

This is the point I've been trying to make, poorly lol...... we are fucking hypocrites and have become what we claim to hate.... we now demonize those we disagree with, name call them, shame them, etc..... and then act mortified over a fucking tweet 

Hypocrisy
    You don't think there's a different bar for the president than an average American? The president is responsible for the safety,  well being and future of  every American,  regardless of politics or what the citizen thinks of the president.  The president should not act like Dane Cook. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Oh boy yeah ok how ever you see it ..
    Yeah cause your logic makes perfect sense. I suggest Hillary with Rodman hair would be funny and you equate that to me liking Trump’s videos. Anyone that dislikes Hillary must love Trump. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,591
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501

This is a correct assessment. Since Day 1 there has been a lengthy list of items that can bring him down. Collusion is one of them. Obstruction is another. There’s quite a bit more too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,005

This is a correct assessment. Since Day 1 there has been a lengthy list of items that can bring him down. Collusion is one of them. Obstruction is another. There’s quite a bit more too. 
    Gotta love revisionist history.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Walt,  he thinks windmills cause cancer?
  • Options
    Y’all see the plaque commemorating Team Trump Treason on the border wall, I mean fence? I can’t wait for the statue in front of the White House to be erected before he leaves office.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fact-check-trump-heads-border-tout-his-wall-actually-plans-n991376
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    More specifically, the noise from windmills causes cancer. :lol:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I can't even process that. 
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Unbelievable 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    I used to work in the wind turbine industry, building them onsite. You can have a conversation whispering standing underneath one as it runs.
  • Options
    Seems it might be Julian Asstrange's time in the barrel. Its going to be an interesting summer, to say the least.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    At the end of this long national nightmare,  we will see some new anti corruption laws ala Watergate and Teapot Dome.  There will be a move to reign in presidential power considerably as well.  Congress has abdicated so much of its authority,  it's pathetic. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    How quixotic. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,564
    Never heard a windmill make a noise ever.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.