Donald Trump

Comments

• slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Jason P said:
    My biggest problem is that Trump is not a smart person.  Obama, Bush, Romney, Hillary ... liars and deceivers and we were happening for new order   ... you may not believe in their motives buy at least I can believe they have some idea of how to conduct business.  Trump is a name caller and calls people dummies.  I guess that can get you elected ...

The dumb Tweets will be outstanding ...  
    I honestly believe every other president in my lifetime, in his heart of hearts, wanted to do what he thought was best for the country. I believed that even about presidents with whom I disagreed wholeheartedly.

I do not believe that about Trump. I believe he cares only about Trump and Trump's bank account. Period. He doesn't want to drive the country over a cliff per se, but he doesn't mind if he does.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Jason P said:
    My biggest problem is that Trump is not a smart person.  Obama, Bush, Romney, Hillary ... liars and deceivers and we were happening for new order   ... you may not believe in their motives buy at least I can believe they have some idea of how to conduct business.  Trump is a name caller and calls people dummies.  I guess that can get you elected ...

I honestly believe every other president in my lifetime, in his heart of hearts, wanted to do what he thought was best for the country. I believed that even about presidents with whom I disagreed wholeheartedly.

I do not believe that about Trump. I believe he cares only about Trump and Trump's bank account. Period. He doesn't want to drive the country over a cliff per se, but he doesn't mind if he does.
    Agree 100% with this. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    the only part I caught was the McCain section at the end.

what the fuck?  I just wanted for Comey to explain to him how each investigation is different from one another, and just because one investigation is concluded, it doesnt mean the entirety of the FBI's caseload is therefore concluded with no wrongdoing.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Jason P said:

Agreed....tRump was as surprised to win as everyone else.  He didn't want this job.  He wanted to lose so that he could keep his old job and complain about everything on Twitter.  This White House gig is a pain in the ass for him.  

No doubt he is still calling all the shots on his other businesses.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Jason P said:

I tend to agree.  There were times I thought W was in it to make some people rich, but for the most part, yeah.  

This whole notion that "he gave up his billionaire lifestyle for America" is nauseating.  He gave it for the novelty of being President.  To be only the 45 (44th) name on list that's been building for over 200 years.  He gave up his billionaire lifestyle for his ego.  He is neither trying to destroy America nor trying NOT to destroy America.  That more people don't recognize this is sad.  SAD!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

Agree 100% with this. 
    Yep.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Image may contain 1 person smiling sunglasses
    Image may contain one or more people and text
    Image may contain 3 people people smiling text
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    OnWis97 said:
    Jason P said:

I tend to agree.  There were times I thought W was in it to make some people rich, but for the most part, yeah.  

This whole notion that "he gave up his billionaire lifestyle for America" is nauseating.  He gave it for the novelty of being President.  To be only the 45 (44th) name on list that's been building for over 200 years.  He gave up his billionaire lifestyle for his ego.  He is neither trying to destroy America nor trying NOT to destroy America.  That more people don't recognize this is sad.  SAD!
    That sums it up nicely. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    He didn't give up any part of his billionaire lifestyle.  Now he has the government paying him for use of his properties and gets free transportation to FL just about every fucking weekend.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, I was going to say... he's still a billionaire with a billionaire lifestyle. Now he just also has to grudgingly go to meetings and shit that he obviously doesn't want to go to, because too many of them aren't specifically held in order to make him more money. I think the main reason he hates this job (and I do firmly believe that he hates it), is because he doesn't give a flying fuck about anything but himself, and the presidency is about doing stuff for the sake of other people (for better or worse). I think this is also the reason most of his ideas and decisions are shitty - he isn't invested in any of them because they aren't specifically about or for him and his business/bank account, so he doesn't give a shit if what he does sucks or not. I think most of his ideas and decisions are really just based on spite, revenge, and petty paybacks.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Don't worry, he'll have plenty to tweet about once those congressional and independent counsel investigations kick into high gear. That said, I'm not sure he has emphatic bone in his body.

I am sure we will read a similar post in six months, and then 12 months, and then 18 months from now.   Waiting for the smoking gun. I am not saying there isn't an issue but doubt that there will be a smoking gun that gets Trump in real trouble.   There really hasn't been any real Russia news in months.  
    I wonder why Kushner is lying so low? Sessions apparently met a third time with Kyslyck and for a third time failed to disclose it. Putin now publically claims Russian "patriots" may have hacked the election. Nunes was requesting unmasking while Trump was claiming that Obama was unmasking for political purposes. More subpoenas issued for an ever widening circle of trump campaign officials with known ties to Russians, including Trump's personal attorney. Comey scheduled to testify before congress on Thursday. Yup, nothing new here, nothing at all. Those brilliant headlines will be disappearing any day now. Any day. 
    No, nothing new.  We already know that  people on the Trump team talked to Russians.  We have known this for months.   We have known that Kushner talked to the Russians and didn't disclose this months ago.   Can't wait to hear Comey testify for the 1,000th time.   Someone send me a private message when some actual damning news gets released and not bullshit political maneuvering by both sides.

I believe Russia influenced the election.  I believe the Trump team is corrupt.  I am not arguing with you except am disagreeing with you that anything major will come from this and there will be a smoking gun.  Everything you sais in your post has been the same narrative for months now.  People talked to each other.  Big fucking deal.

Well I called it.  No PM today from anyone with any damning info for Trump.  Another Comey testimony today that tells us what we already know with no smoking gun that will get Trump any closer to  impeachment.  But I can't wait to read on here about how we are just one testimony or investigation away from the truth like a broken record.

I would love Trump to leave office, but it isn't going to happen because of Comey's firing so move on.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,301
    Don't worry, he'll have plenty to tweet about once those congressional and independent counsel investigations kick into high gear. That said, I'm not sure he has emphatic bone in his body.

I am sure we will read a similar post in six months, and then 12 months, and then 18 months from now.   Waiting for the smoking gun. I am not saying there isn't an issue but doubt that there will be a smoking gun that gets Trump in real trouble.   There really hasn't been any real Russia news in months.  
    I wonder why Kushner is lying so low? Sessions apparently met a third time with Kyslyck and for a third time failed to disclose it. Putin now publically claims Russian "patriots" may have hacked the election. Nunes was requesting unmasking while Trump was claiming that Obama was unmasking for political purposes. More subpoenas issued for an ever widening circle of trump campaign officials with known ties to Russians, including Trump's personal attorney. Comey scheduled to testify before congress on Thursday. Yup, nothing new here, nothing at all. Those brilliant headlines will be disappearing any day now. Any day. 
    No, nothing new.  We already know that  people on the Trump team talked to Russians.  We have known this for months.   We have known that Kushner talked to the Russians and didn't disclose this months ago.   Can't wait to hear Comey testify for the 1,000th time.   Someone send me a private message when some actual damning news gets released and not bullshit political maneuvering by both sides.

I believe Russia influenced the election.  I believe the Trump team is corrupt.  I am not arguing with you except am disagreeing with you that anything major will come from this and there will be a smoking gun.  Everything you sais in your post has been the same narrative for months now.  People talked to each other.  Big fucking deal.

Well I called it.  No PM today from anyone with any damning info for Trump.  Another Comey testimony today that tells us what we already know with no smoking gun that will get Trump any closer to  impeachment.  But I can't wait to read on here about how we are just one testimony or investigation away from the truth like a broken record.

I would love Trump to leave office, but it isn't going to happen because of Comey's firing so move on.  
    I've never said it would be because of Comey's firing or testimony as he is one small thread of the investigation's web. What is more telling is what he didn't say because of the public nature of the hearing, including whether information in the Steele Dossier has been confirmed or continues to be investigated. Despite what the right wing media and the White House want you to believe, this isn't about Comey. "Bring on the tapes."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Jason P said:

Agreed....tRump was as surprised to win as everyone else.  He didn't want this job.  He wanted to lose so that he could keep his old job and complain about everything on Twitter.  This White House gig is a pain in the ass for him.  

No doubt he is still calling all the shots on his other businesses.  

I will also agree with the fact that he's still calling the shots in his business dealings....its what does and what he apparently knows in making millions or in bankruptcy. 

One of the ways I can tell he's in this presidency for himself is that nowhere have I seen him speak out in any about the Russians hacking into our elections. I've not heard him say how were they able to pull this off etc all he seemed to be concerned about was he under investigation. He's ALL about ME, MYSELF and I.

Has there been a weekend he hasn't played golf at one of his resorts if not he's still living the billionaire lifestyle.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2017
    :rofl: Well he's got to either admit he's a liar or admit he's insane. I guess he's made his choice! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    Who hasn't lied based on Trump? Anyone who says something that depicts him as the despicable human being is a liar. If he says someone is honest, we should probably question it right away.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762

You might be right, but Comey has only been fired a month. It took two years to take down Nixon. True, there was no smoking gun in today's testimony -- that's not where you're going to find a smoking gun -- but it's not everyday you learn the President of the Goddamn United States is under investigation for obstructing justice.

That's something, and the investigation is just getting started. 

At the very least, Comey got it on the record today -- not through anonymous sources -- that the President of the Goddamn United States is a big flappy boob who doesn't know how government works and seems to be running the whole thing like a crime syndicate.

That's something, too.

But you're right that we're not going to wake up tomorrow to impeachment proceedings. That's not how these things work.

everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    yeah they have to have a bulletproof case, and they have to have republicans turn on trump. at this point, republicans are too worried about their own job to turn on him right now. wait until they see their own polls falling and their own fundraising drying up like a creek in the summer. it is going to take time, but republicans will turn on him. they are already feeling pressure to do so, why do you think so many of them are blowing off their own townhall meetings?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    yeah they have to have a bulletproof case, and they have to have republicans turn on trump. at this point, republicans are too worried about their own job to turn on him right now. wait until they see their own polls falling and their own fundraising drying up like a creek in the summer. it is going to take time, but republicans will turn on him. they are already feeling pressure to do so, why do you think so many of them are blowing off their own townhall meetings?

I'm not sure why the Republicans aren't all clamoring for Pence to be President so they can actually pass some legislation.  The Republicans are really fragmented now though as evidenced by the House's ineptitude in agreeing on a health care bill.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074

I'm not sure why the Republicans aren't all clamoring for Pence to be President so they can actually pass some legislation.  The Republicans are really fragmented now though as evidenced by the House's ineptitude in agreeing on a health care bill.
    democrats will oppose everything pence supports. he is anti choice, anti gay, anti medicaid, all things that are non-starters for democrats.

i don't see the gop as fragmented. they always vote together when it is time to try to pass something. evidence of how united they are is the house health care vote. they did not even read it or wait for a cbo analysis and all of them voted for it. if that is not united, i don't know what is.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

democrats will oppose everything pence supports. he is anti choice, anti gay, anti medicaid, all things that are non-starters for democrats.

i don't see the gop as fragmented. they always vote together when it is time to try to pass something. evidence of how united they are is the house health care vote. they did not even read it or wait for a cbo analysis and all of them voted for it. if that is not united, i don't know what is.

True, but they did let it crash and burn the first time. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Well if it turns out Trump and his campaign colluded with the Russians, Pence shouldn't be there either.  Time for a revote!
    In the voice of the little old Wendy's lady, "WHERE'S THE TWEETS???"

Brilliantati©
    In the voice of the little old Wendy's lady, "WHERE'S THE TWEETS???"
    Oh don't you worry they will come, one thing Trump has going for him his base certainly strongly are behind him and STILL believe in him.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Jason P said:

Nail on the head. Right here. Bravo.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    i know i shouldn't be surprised because Americans are so self-absorbed by how is there not protests in the street against this administration?  we had large protests because he admitted to grabbing women by their genitals but nothing now?.  Our former FBI director says we were attacked by the Russians during our election and no one seems to give a shit INCLUDING our Presidential administration. Our President is a lying sack of shit and we are too busy cutting our lawns to do anything about it.  at least the hippies in the 60s stopped smoking their dope long enough to protest in the streets.  wtf have we become?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Jason P said:

Nail on the head. Right here. Bravo.
    Completely agree. Very well said.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    pjhawks said:
    i know i shouldn't be surprised because Americans are so self-absorbed by how is there not protests in the street against this administration?  we had large protests because he admitted to grabbing women by their genitals but nothing now?.  Our former FBI director says we were attacked by the Russians during our election and no one seems to give a shit INCLUDING our Presidential administration. Our President is a lying sack of shit and we are too busy cutting our lawns to do anything about it.  at least the hippies in the 60s stopped smoking their dope long enough to protest in the streets.  wtf have we become?
    Too poor to leave work.
    pjhawks said:
    Too poor to leave work.
    I do remember when I lived in MD we could be DC in 15 minutes or less and had a protest March of one sort or another every month or less. 

Could this lathargicness be that we the citizenry are in a sort of shock/stunned haze to get up and voice what's on our minds and heart about what this President is doing or NOT doing.

Peace

This discussion has been closed.