Donald Trump

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    It looks like Comey's testimony is going to be a massive dud. Other then confirming Trump's claim that he was told that he was not under investigation it is once again all recycled news. What a joke. Sure we'll have some #resisters get hung up on the old "loyalty" question that was previously reported on but like everythingn else it will go nowhere. Especially once people remind themselves how Robert Gates pledged loyalty to Obama.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/transcript-face-the-nation-interview-with-former-defense-secretary-robert-gates-may-14-2017/

Pretty amazing that it took Trump's firing of Comey to bring the confirmation of his non-investigation into the public realm. Maybe firing Comey was brilliant after all?
    It is like you are literally wearing blinders.  
    Comey testifying under oath that Trump interfered with the Flynn investigation is a dud??
    Uhhh...the blinders are on you sir. That is not what he said. Comey said that Trump specifically referred to the "phone call" issue only and not the overall investigation into Russia or Flynn on other issues. That is a massive difference. The "phone call" and details during that call were not criminal. Trump fired Flynn for misleading the Vice President and suggested that the firing was punishment enough. Trump went on to say that he has no problem if Comey investigate anybody on his staff who participated in wrongdoing on the Russia issue. Sorry man but Comey's entire statement illustrates a frustrated Trump who knows that he is not under investigation but could not get public confirmation for the #resistance industrial complex.

wouldn't you consider this obstruction?

He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.” I replied only that “he is a good guy.” (In fact, I had a positive experience dealing with Mike Flynn when he was a colleague as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency at the beginning of my term at FBI.) I did not say I would “let this go.” 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    my2hands said:

so I was hanging out drinking with a few buddies... I know a few that voted for Trump... mostly because they don't know shit... so we were talking and the one guy that is there that voted Trump starts saying we are all conspiracy crazy because of the Russians, etc... of course he only gets his info from his foxnews echo chamber... and then he says excitedly,  "but what about that child sex ring, don't want to talk about that, huh?"

I lost it laughing... not worth 2 more seconds of effort... I cracked another beer and just kept laughing...

The chickens have come home to roost America, and honestly, I'm laughing all the way... I don't have kids, not gonna have kids, so honestly, I don't give AF... flush this whole fucking mess right down the toilet for all I care... it would be an improvement

I'd relax. If Jimmy Carter didn't sink the country, I think we'll be ok.  You're way too tied up on shit that doesn't matter trying to prove how much smarter than everyone else (even your friends!) you are.  You know better b/c...why?  What's your qualification over your friends/buddies?  Haven't we been through all this on the other side for 8 years? 

Thanks for your concern, though.

You're way too tied up on being condescending and telling people what matters and what doesn't.  What's your qualification to tell people what matters and what doesn't?
    I did not expect him to go this hard at him out of the gate.

Trump has smoke coming out of his ears
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,301
    I did not expect him to go this hard at him out of the gate.

Trump has smoke coming out of his ears
    Those are flames Cliffy, those are flames.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:

so I was hanging out drinking with a few buddies... I know a few that voted for Trump... mostly because they don't know shit... so we were talking and the one guy that is there that voted Trump starts saying we are all conspiracy crazy because of the Russians, etc... of course he only gets his info from his foxnews echo chamber... and then he says excitedly,  "but what about that child sex ring, don't want to talk about that, huh?"

I lost it laughing... not worth 2 more seconds of effort... I cracked another beer and just kept laughing...

The chickens have come home to roost America, and honestly, I'm laughing all the way... I don't have kids, not gonna have kids, so honestly, I don't give AF... flush this whole fucking mess right down the toilet for all I care... it would be an improvement

I'd relax. If Jimmy Carter didn't sink the country, I think we'll be ok.  You're way too tied up on shit that doesn't matter trying to prove how much smarter than everyone else (even your friends!) you are.  You know better b/c...why?  What's your qualification over your friends/buddies?  Haven't we been through all this on the other side for 8 years? 

Thanks for your concern, though.

I'm pretty damn average if you ask me... my friends would tell you the same lol... some people I know a little more than... some people I dont... I like to think I'm a pretty humble guy...  I do like to pay attention though, which honestly most don't... but I will say this, I know more than the average Trump voter that I personally know, that's a fact, Jack... dude brought up Comet Pizza FFS!!!  lol
    "The nature of the person led me to believe that he might lie about our meetings."

Holy crap I did not see this coming
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    to me, this is just going to result in each side hearing and believing what they want.  
    Roy Blunt is a fucking moron
    MayDay10 said:
    to me, this is just going to result in each side hearing and believing what they want.  
    I don't disagree entirely, though I think this is more damming that I expected.  That said...

Trump is now under obstruction investigation
    There is something big on Sessions
    Comey clearly thinks he obstructed

Tough to argue with those
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    MayDay10 said:
    I don't disagree entirely, though I think this is more damming that I expected.  That said...

the former head of the FBI clearly has indicated Trump obstructed justice.  i can't see a scenario where this doesn't lead to criminal charges against Trump. 
    pjhawks said:
    MayDay10 said:

the former head of the FBI clearly has indicated Trump obstructed justice.  i can't see a scenario where this doesn't lead to criminal charges against Trump. 
    I agree.  These GOP guys keep harping on the fact that he wasn't personally under investigation at the time.  Well guess what....now he is.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    CNN has become unlistenable garbage to my ears more so lately with the coverage of President Trump, the Comey stuff and the tears for impeachment.  They go on and on and on and on hoping that if they say it enough it will happen.  To make it easier and quite comical for myself whenever they interview all those talking left heads and they put up four on the screen at once I name each one with some people from this thread who I think aligns with their thoughts the best. It was very pathetic on election night how despondent the coverage was and now this Comey and Russian stuff has become untenable.  President Trump is here for 8yrs folks.  Just because CNN cries out loud all night every night as do a few on here about impeaching President Trump does not mean it will happen.  It is time for the an alternate choice time is running out to put someone out there.  And for the love of god, the father, the son and holy ghost, jesus too please do not say Bernie Sanders will save you.
    Just as your posts about Trump have become unreadable and how you keep repeating that he is here for 8 years; hoping that if you say it enough it will happen. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    It looks like Comey's testimony is going to be a massive dud. Other then confirming Trump's claim that he was told that he was not under investigation it is once again all recycled news. What a joke. Sure we'll have some #resisters get hung up on the old "loyalty" question that was previously reported on but like everythingn else it will go nowhere. Especially once people remind themselves how Robert Gates pledged loyalty to Obama.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/transcript-face-the-nation-interview-with-former-defense-secretary-robert-gates-may-14-2017/

Pretty amazing that it took Trump's firing of Comey to bring the confirmation of his non-investigation into the public realm. Maybe firing Comey was brilliant after all?
    It is like you are literally wearing blinders.  
    Comey testifying under oath that Trump interfered with the Flynn investigation is a dud??
    Uhhh...the blinders are on you sir. That is not what he said. Comey said that Trump specifically referred to the "phone call" issue only and not the overall investigation into Russia or Flynn on other issues. That is a massive difference. The "phone call" and details during that call were not criminal. Trump fired Flynn for misleading the Vice President and suggested that the firing was punishment enough. Trump went on to say that he has no problem if Comey investigate anybody on his staff who participated in wrongdoing on the Russia issue. Sorry man but Comey's entire statement illustrates a frustrated Trump who knows that he is not under investigation but could not get public confirmation for the #resistance industrial complex.

Oh, I was under the impression that the phone call was part of the Flynn investigation.
    That statement doesn't exist in a vacuum.  You are cherry picking the few acceptable pixels out of a largely disturbing photo.
    Comey's statements also included Trump's unhinged and deranged antics, he stated that Trump's​ behavior was in the scope of the investigation, and he didn't bite on the lame ass "I hope" gotcha.
    Those statements, plus Trump's own admission that he fired Comey to derail investigations is a big deal.
    I'm not talking about specific grounds for impeachment, I am talking about a POTUS which is proving himself to be an inevitable candidate for impeachment.  If the evidence mounts at the rate it has, it is inevitable.
    The ambiguity that comes from his pathetic command of the English language will not save him forever, eventually it will provide the specific evidence needed to bring charges.

The best line from the whole thing "Lordy, I hope there are tapes."
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Trump is experiencing what happens when you encounter smart people and try to sweep them under the rug since you have had the privilege of Yes Man doing your beck and call ... and then you are POTUS
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    Tom Cotton is a tool.  not to namecall
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    CNN has become unlistenable garbage to my ears more so lately with the coverage of President Trump, the Comey stuff and the tears for impeachment.  They go on and on and on and on hoping that if they say it enough it will happen.  To make it easier and quite comical for myself whenever they interview all those talking left heads and they put up four on the screen at once I name each one with some people from this thread who I think aligns with their thoughts the best. It was very pathetic on election night how despondent the coverage was and now this Comey and Russian stuff has become untenable.  President Trump is here for 8yrs folks.  Just because CNN cries out loud all night every night as do a few on here about impeaching President Trump does not mean it will happen.  It is time for the an alternate choice time is running out to put someone out there.  And for the love of god, the father, the son and holy ghost, jesus too please do not say Bernie Sanders will save you.

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    This Clinton/Trump race will never end. She lost like eight months ago and the emails and GOP talking points from the election are on full display today. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2017
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:
    Evil is not too strong a word any longer.

Yes it is. As a moderator you should at a minimum know that.
    Oh please. What, is it beyond your scope of perception to understand that the POTUS could be evil?? It's not like it's beyond the realm of reason, and all evidence points towards it. Also, I'm pretty sure moderators are allowed to have opinions too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Is McCain losing his mind?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I agree, Cliff. That was painful to watch. He had no idea what was going on. When Burr said his time was up, he looked to Burr with a bewildered look as if he couldn't hear the gavel going for over a minute. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    He looked like a man who just popped a bottle of prescription drugs. It was very strange.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    The audacity of Fox News to title their Live Blog on the Trump/Russia scandal the way they did... 

LIVE BLOG: Comey says he considered calling for a special counsel for Clinton server probe

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Losing?  Present tense?  His senility was on full display there.
    edited June 2017
    eddiec said:
    He looked like a man who just popped a bottle of prescription drugs. It was very strange.
    Wtf was he talking about? How can one investigation be over and one still going? 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    eddiec said:
    Wtf was he talking about? How can one investigation be over and one still going? 
    I was listening to this on the radio and felt bad for him
    www.myspace.com
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    BS44325 said:
    Kat said:
    Evil is not too strong a word any longer.

Yes it is. As a moderator you should at a minimum know that.

CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Crazy. What is depressing is that most people aren't even willing to read an article that long to find out exactly how shady this really is. Holy moly. 
    No surprises there, considering how he treats his own family

Donald Trump cut off medical funds to nephew's sick baby because he was 'angry' over family feud

Following the death of Freddy, his son, Fred III, got married and had a child. Shortly after birth, the baby began having seizures which later developed into cerebral palsy.

The Trump family pledged to pay for the child's medical bills, but that came to an end after the reading of Fred Sr's will, which Donald Trump had reportedly helped draft while his father was still alive.

In Fred Trump Sr's will, much of the inheritance, believed to be around $20 million, was divided between four of his five children and their descendants - leaving Freddy explicitly excluded from receiving any of the money.

After this came to light, Freddy's children sued, claiming Donald Trump (their uncle) and his siblings had wielded "undue influence" over Fred Sr, who suffered from dementia in the last years of his life.

It is alleged that a week later Donald retaliated by withdrawing the funds that were meant to pay for the healthcare of his nephew's ill child.

Explaining this decision, Donald told the paper: "I was angry because they sued" 
    Repeating the above: Donald Trump cut off medical funds to nephew's sick baby because he was 'angry' over family feud

Let's get the context in here on why I think our president is evil. This isn't the only reason but it was the straw for me. Anyone who victimizes children is EVIL....completely freaking evil -- and that's how I feel and will always feel. 

Feel free to defend what you like...discussion is a good thing but I find this indefensible...imho. Now have a beautiful day.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    benjs said:
    The audacity of Fox News to title their Live Blog on the Trump/Russia scandal the way they did... 

LIVE BLOG: Comey says he considered calling for a special counsel for Clinton server probe

As they scramble for ways to spin this....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    My biggest problem is that Trump is not a smart person.  Obama, Bush, Romney, Hillary ... liars and deceivers and we were happening for new order   ... you may not believe in their motives buy at least I can believe they have some idea of how to conduct business.  Trump is a name caller and calls people dummies.  I guess that can get you elected ...

The dumb Tweets will be outstanding ...  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Jason P said:
    My biggest problem is that Trump is not a smart person.  Obama, Bush, Romney, Hillary ... liars and deceivers and we were happening for new order   ... you may not believe in their motives buy at least I can believe they have some idea of how to conduct business.  Trump is a name caller and calls people dummies.  I guess that can get you elected ...

Trump makes Bush look like Churchill
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Jason P said:

Trump makes Bush look like Churchill

All of us would look like Churchill compared to Trump.
This discussion has been closed.