Donald Trump

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    So we had the Chief IT guy at my university visit the department today to talk about current initiatives, and he mentioned that, while they were exploring IT development, they decided to specifically avoid using any US data storage companies whenever possible because the current administration makes the USA untrustworthy in terms of privacy. He said that all major universities across Canada are on the same page, and many are going out of their way to pull away from US-based IT companies because of this. The people with these concerns and making these decisions are largely informing private business practices as well. I wasn't surprised, exactly - I completely understand their concerns. I just thought it was interesting and figured Americans might want to know that Trump and his actions and his administration are having a real negative impact on American business and the economy. These "theories" about how Trump is harming the country aren't theories. They are real, and people who truly know what they are talking about are rejecting US companies specifically because of the new government. I suppose that means that those Americans who think he's not having any "real" day to day impact on people are underestimating the effects the Trump government is having. Foreign markets are a very big deal in the USA, and those markets are finding alternatives rather than risk keeping business interests under the Trump regime, mainly because "you never know". There is no trust anymore.
    Isn't that why Blackberry was so secure? They were a Canadian company and refused to bend to US surveillance laws?
    Not so sure about that. Blackberry has/had a huge data center in Atlanta. I think they still do. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    edited June 2017
    fife said:
    Tiki said:
    Did Trump recognize D-Day in any way, shape or form? You know, called the Brits, French and Canadians and thanked them for their sacrifices and contributions? Oh, nevermind.
    he fired off a tweet
    not only did he send off a tweet but it was around 2:30 pm after starting off his day tweet about "fake news" much earlier in the day
    Nothing on TV about it so he DIDN'T KNOW.   Supposedly Ivanka reminded him at 2:14  #fakenews    
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    baa leeeeeebe me
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited June 2017
    my2hands said:
    OnWis97 said:

Trump is thinking about live tweeting Comey's testimony on Thursday.

WHAT.A.FUCKING.IDIOT.

Yeah, but the tweets will just be about what a liar Comey is.
    Nah, he'll incriminate himself. He can't help it.
    Incriminate himself? So now you have three active theories to the collapse of President Trump.
    impeachment, Russian stuff and now by twitter? I am currently looking at the bootleg list now.
    just a few days ago he called the travel ban a travel ban. something his administration worked tirelessly to convince the public it was not. all undone by a simple idiotic tweet. 

the aclu thanked him,and said they will use his tweets against him in court. they urged him to keep tweeting, as it does nothing but help their causes. 

give him time. 
    Poorly played by the ACLU...

There is a saying in poker that applies to this... "Don't tap the tank"... bad poker players are called "Fish"... what it means is let the fish be fish, and don't let them know they are fish, and NEVER give them advice on how to play better

The ACLU tapped the tank.... let him Tweet on!

If the Donald won't listen to his own WH counsel, why would he listen to the ACLU? Tweet on Donny, tweet on.
    Speaks volumes that 4 law firms turned Trump down...

No, it doesn't. There's a lot that goes into representing a President. You guys are reading shit into stuff that doesn't matter.

And, BTW, did anyone see that his approval rating is higher than Clinton's was at this same point?  Now, his disapproval rating is higher, too, but just sayin.....

You mean the last president to be impeached?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    that isn't good although it's not a bad as I thought it would be....this is exhausting.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    OnWis97 said:

WHAT.A.FUCKING.IDIOT.

Incriminate himself? So now you have three active theories to the collapse of President Trump.
    impeachment, Russian stuff and now by twitter? I am currently looking at the bootleg list now.
    just a few days ago he called the travel ban a travel ban. something his administration worked tirelessly to convince the public it was not. all undone by a simple idiotic tweet. 

the aclu thanked him,and said they will use his tweets against him in court. they urged him to keep tweeting, as it does nothing but help their causes. 

give him time. 

There is a saying in poker that applies to this... "Don't tap the tank"... bad poker players are called "Fish"... what it means is let the fish be fish, and don't let them know they are fish, and NEVER give them advice on how to play better

If the Donald won't listen to his own WH counsel, why would he listen to the ACLU? Tweet on Donny, tweet on.

No, it doesn't. There's a lot that goes into representing a President. You guys are reading shit into stuff that doesn't matter.

And, BTW, did anyone see that his approval rating is higher than Clinton's was at this same point?  Now, his disapproval rating is higher, too, but just sayin.....

It actually does speak volumes. Law firms in this case would be considering their reputation and how their client will make them look. Do you think those four turned this down because it would be too much for their firm to handle? It's a law firm and this would be huge marketing if the man you had to represent wasn't someone who spoke out against you or went against council. They would have all fallen over themselves to represent Obama. The client is all that matters in this decision. Donny is more of a Better Call Saul type, but I think even Saul wouldn't take this case for fear Donny would stiff him on the bill.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/336489-four-top-law-firms-turned-down-trump-report

As for Clinton's ratings, you can't really compare the two. It's like looking at the final score of a game the next day. It's an inaccurate assessment of what's really going on unless you're living in it.

So, in other words, Clinton is your guy, so we need to put it in perspective. Trump is their guy, so it should be worse.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    I din't vote for Bill Clinton.  Jerry Brown in the 1st primary.  in 92 Ross Perot and 96 Ralph Nader.
    No to Al Gore, too, Nader then too.   John Kerry got my vote what a Presidency that SHOULD have been.
    I voted for Obama 2 times, but in the first primary I voted for HRC.

Bill Clinton was the walking sex scandal without the money.  
    DJT is the walking sex scandal with the money.   Supposedly.   He's hit the reset button a few times.  
    I might be wrong but that kind of nullifies REAL money and REAL wealth.  
    His actual financial paperwork must be pretty contrived, especially factoring in all of the failure.   

Carry on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,881
    edited June 2017
    Tiki said:
    Bill Clinton was the walking sex scandal without the money.  
    DJT is the walking sex scandal with the money.   Supposedly.   He's hit the reset button a few times.  
    I might be wrong but that kind of nullifies REAL money and REAL wealth.  
    His actual financial paperwork must be pretty contrived, especially factoring in all of the failure.   

Carry on
    DJT is the walking admitted sex PREDATOR with the money. That is kind of an important distinction.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2017
    Prosecute him....there's his crime.  That, and all of the FRAUD.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    There's no statute of limitations on being an awful person.  #hesguiltyAF 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    OnWis97 said:

WHAT.A.FUCKING.IDIOT.

give him time. 

It actually does speak volumes. Law firms in this case would be considering their reputation and how their client will make them look. Do you think those four turned this down because it would be too much for their firm to handle? It's a law firm and this would be huge marketing if the man you had to represent wasn't someone who spoke out against you or went against council. They would have all fallen over themselves to represent Obama. The client is all that matters in this decision. Donny is more of a Better Call Saul type, but I think even Saul wouldn't take this case for fear Donny would stiff him on the bill.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/336489-four-top-law-firms-turned-down-trump-report

As for Clinton's ratings, you can't really compare the two. It's like looking at the final score of a game the next day. It's an inaccurate assessment of what's really going on unless you're living in it.

So, in other words, Clinton is your guy, so we need to put it in perspective. Trump is their guy, so it should be worse.
    That isn't necessary...one just has to compare the disapproval....Trump blows Clinton away there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    OnWis97 said:

WHAT.A.FUCKING.IDIOT.

give him time. 

No, Clinton is not my guy. My point is that you can't compare the two, especially on ratings based on completely different issues 25 years later. It's just a surface stat. I wasn't in love with Clinton as a president, but if I had to choose, yeah, no doubt I'd take Bill over Trump any day. Doesn't mean he's my guy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2017

so I guess the old but, but, but Obama.... but, but, but Hillary... isn't working anymore so now we are going all the way back to but, but, but Bill Clinton in 1992

lol

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,288

Today's Events

10:00 AM: President Trump receives his daily intelligence briefing

12:45 PM: President Trump arrives in Cincinnati, Ohio and meets with victims of Obamacare

12:55 PM: President Trump gives remarks on healthcare at the Cincinnati Municipal Lunken Airport - Watch

1:00 PM: Vice President Pence delivers remarks at the 2017 Astronaut Selection Announcement at the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center - Watch

1:20 PM: President Trump delivers remarks on his infrastructure initiative at the Rivertowne Marina in Cincinnati, Ohio - Watch

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited June 2017

Trump most certainly does NOT have "the nuts"

he has a busted straight draw and is drawing dead to the river

ship it

Post edited by my2hands on
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    edited June 2017
    Statement for the Record
    Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
    James B. Comey
    June 8, 2017
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/os-jcomey-060817.pdf
    Post edited by CM189191 on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    CM189191 said:
    Statement for the Record
    James B. Comey
    June 8, 2017
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/os-jcomey-060817.pdf
    Holy crap, the pee tape really exists.  No way he brings this up if it doesn't

On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia. He asked what we could do to “lift the cloud.” I responded that we were investigating the matter as quickly as we could, and that there would be great benefit, if we didn’t find anything, to our having done the work well. He agreed, but then re-emphasized the problems this was causing him. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    CM189191 said:
    Statement for the Record
    James B. Comey
    June 8, 2017
    Holy crap, the pee tape really exists.  No way he brings this up if it doesn't

On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia. He asked what we could do to “lift the cloud.” I responded that we were investigating the matter as quickly as we could, and that there would be great benefit, if we didn’t find anything, to our having done the work well. He agreed, but then re-emphasized the problems this was causing him. 
    jesus. is trump ever stupid. he has no idea what the proper protocols are. the highest office in the land is incompetent. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

CM189191 said:
    Statement for the Record
    James B. Comey
    June 8, 2017
    Wow, what an interesting read. I could read more of that kind of thing for hours, lol. I am impressed that Comey had the forethought and instinct to immediately make the decision to write down everything when he had any communication with Trump. He specifically states that he's never done that before; this was done especially for Trump because the intelligence community knows he's shady.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

Today's Events

12:45 PM: President Trump arrives in Cincinnati, Ohio and meets with victims of Obamacare

12:55 PM: President Trump gives remarks on healthcare at the Cincinnati Municipal Lunken Airport - Watch

1:00 PM: Vice President Pence delivers remarks at the 2017 Astronaut Selection Announcement at the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center - Watch

1:20 PM: President Trump delivers remarks on his infrastructure initiative at the Rivertowne Marina in Cincinnati, Ohio - Watch

thats amazing he is giving the "victims of Obamacare" a whole 10 minutes to talk to him.  I wonder how many "victims" will be there?

so I was hanging out drinking with a few buddies... I know a few that voted for Trump... mostly because they don't know shit... so we were talking and the one guy that is there that voted Trump starts saying we are all conspiracy crazy because of the Russians, etc... of course he only gets his info from his foxnews echo chamber... and then he says excitedly,  "but what about that child sex ring, don't want to talk about that, huh?"

I lost it laughing... not worth 2 more seconds of effort... I cracked another beer and just kept laughing...

The chickens have come home to roost America, and honestly, I'm laughing all the way... I don't have kids, not gonna have kids, so honestly, I don't give AF... flush this whole fucking mess right down the toilet for all I care... it would be an improvement

#PTAPE
    ...because he hated Michelle Obama so much.   AND her Kenyan husband.

He's quite possibly the worst person in the world.  WTF
    This whole "Russia thing" is about him covering up a ptape.  
    fife said:

Today's Events

thats amazing he is giving the "victims of Obamacare" a whole 10 minutes to talk to him.  I wonder how many "victims" will be there?
    10 minutes for the "victims" of Obamacare.

by comparison 1 round of golf at Trump National in VA is a minimum of 5 hours including flying there in and flying back on his own personal fucking helicopter.

#priorities 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,288
    Tiki said:
    More importantly, doing Putin's bidding because of it. Why do you think Melania is still in NYC? She knows his "character" or lack thereof.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    Ok so the hearing today it's really a no answers day lol at the end of all this orange bafoon will probably get away with everything..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Tiki said:
    More importantly, doing Putin's bidding because of it. Why do you think Melania is still in NYC? She knows his "character" or lack thereof.
    Melania is disgusting. The fact that she is still with him or ever was with him tells us what kind of money grubbing slag she is.
This discussion has been closed.