Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    The American Conservative's very astute David Larison resurrected a term for Trump which hits it on the head... Omni-directional belligerence.

Pay attention.. he lashes out at everyone, every country, every judge that doesn't agree with him 100%. It's just painful to watch.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^
    What did you do during the election cycle to influence others to not vote for President Trump?

I spoke to my friends, family about what mattered to me. They have the right to choose for themselves. I did not try to influence a single person on how to vote because that is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...whether I agree with them or not.

The fact that so many people turned a blind eye to a lot of his words & actions is troubling. That being said, I think the popular vote hit it right on the head. Clearly, there is a divide.

My comment above wasn't about the election cycle, PJ. Not at all. It's about right & wrong and knowing the difference between the two.
    Your country had an entire year to dispose of President Trump and his wrongs in the running.
    Clearly your country supports President Trump.
    not going to go down this road with you, man. not at all.

the country voted for HC; he won the EC. That's a fact. I can live with that as long as you don't run the country (or the world) into the fucking ground.....which is exactly what he will do.

Just think in your head how stupid that sounds.
    The country you live in voted for somebody else.

What point are you trying to prove exactly?

That the EC is broken? That Trump won?

To those two questions, I say yes. It's broken and he won. Not sure of the point white trying to prove...enlighten me.

And by the way...

Thanks for calling my thoughts stupid.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^
    What did you do during the election cycle to influence others to not vote for President Trump?

I spoke to my friends, family about what mattered to me. They have the right to choose for themselves. I did not try to influence a single person on how to vote because that is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...whether I agree with them or not.

The fact that so many people turned a blind eye to a lot of his words & actions is troubling. That being said, I think the popular vote hit it right on the head. Clearly, there is a divide.

My comment above wasn't about the election cycle, PJ. Not at all. It's about right & wrong and knowing the difference between the two.
    Your country had an entire year to dispose of President Trump and his wrongs in the running.

the country voted for HC; he won the EC. That's a fact. I can live with that as long as you don't run the country (or the world) into the fucking ground.....which is exactly what he will do.

To those two questions, I say yes. It's broken and he won. Not sure of the point white trying to prove...enlighten me.

And by the way...

I've said it a few times, it is time for the Democrats and third party supporters to explain why they have President Trump.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^

And by the way...

I've said it a few times, it is time for the Democrats and third party supporters to explain why they have President Trump.
    Well, I don't have that answer. Sorry.

Great exchange tonight, by the way. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^

And by the way...

Why 3rd party? Are you saying that 3rd party voters are somehow responsible for Trump?
  • Anyone that believes a nationwide election with results as close as the one last year can be dissected in 100 days is insane. It's going to take years to really get an idea of what happened.

I think a poorly run and arrogant campaign by the Clinton team is the starting point though.

And that's as deep as I'm willing to get into it now. Anything else would be spin or half truths by both sides. This election will be studied for all of history. The question won't be, "How did Hilary lose?" The question will be, "How did someone like Trump get elected?"
    And I don't give a fuck who won.. I'm still wearing my "No Clowns" shirt... No FUCKING CLOWNS....

Anyone that believes a nationwide election with results as close as the one last year can be dissected in 100 days is insane. It's going to take years to really get an idea of what happened.

I think a poorly run and arrogant campaign by the Clinton team is the starting point though.

And that's as deep as I'm willing to get into it now. Anything else would be spin or half truths by both sides. This election will be studied for all of history. The question won't be, "How did Hilary lose?" The question will be, "How did someone like Trump get elected?"

80% of amt were certain of the answer immediately after the election..stupid racist bigot voters influenced by Putin Russia.
    Granted 95% of amt had Hilliary winning in a landslide.
    My fellow Americans,

This week I nominated Neil Gorsuch for the United States Supreme Court.

Judge Gorsuch is one of the most qualified people ever to be nominated for this post. He is a graduate of Columbia, Harvard and Oxford. He is a man of principle. He has an impeccable resume. He is widely respected by everyone. And, Judge Gorsuch's proven track record upholding the Constitution makes him the ideal person to fill the vacancy left by the late, great Antonin Scalia, a truly fabulous justice.

Ten years ago, the Senate unanimously approved Judge Gorsuch's nomination to serve on the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. I urge members of both parties to support Judge Gorsuch and, in so doing, to protect our laws and our freedoms.

This week we also took significant action to roll back the massive regulation that is devastating our economy and crippling American companies and jobs.

That's why I have issued a new executive order to create a permanent structure of regulatory reduction. This order requires that for every 1 new regulation, 2 old regulations must—and I mean must—be eliminated. It’s out of control.

The January employment report shows that the private sector added 237,000 jobs last month. A lot of that has to do with the spirit our country now has. Job growth far surpassed expectations in January, and the labor force participation also grew, so you can be encouraged about the progress of our economy. It’s going to be a whole new ball game.

But there is still much work to do. That I can tell you.

Also this week, on the first day of Black History Month, I was pleased to host African American leaders at the White House. We are determined to deliver more opportunity, jobs and safety for the African-American citizens of our country. America can really never, ever rest until children of every color are fully included in the American Dream—so important. I think, probably, one of my most and maybe my most important goal. It is our mutual duty and obligation to make sure this happens.

At Dover Air Force Base on Wednesday I joined the family of Chief Special Warfare Operator William "Ryan" Owens as our fallen hero was returned home. A great man. Chief Owens gave his life for his country and for our people. Our debt to him and his family, a beautiful family, is eternal.

God has truly blessed this nation to have given us such a brave and selfless patriot as Ryan. We will never forget him. We will never ever forget those who serve. Believe me.

And I will never forget that my responsibility is to keep you—the American people—safe and free.

That's why last week I signed an executive order to help keep terrorists out of our country. The executive order establishes a process to develop new vetting and mechanisms to ensure those coming into America love and support our people. That they have good intentions.

On every single front, we are working to deliver for American workers and American families. You, the law-abiding citizens of this country, are my total priority. Your safety, your jobs and your wages guide our decisions.

We are here to serve you, the great and loyal citizens of the United States of America.

The forgotten men and women will be never be forgotten again. Because from now on, it's going to be America First. That’s how I got elected, that’s why you voted for me, and I will never forget it.

God Bless You, and God Bless America.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427

Anyone that believes a nationwide election with results as close as the one last year can be dissected in 100 days is insane. It's going to take years to really get an idea of what happened.

wise words spoken by someone who knows what he is talking about. we need more people like you in the Democratic party
    POSTCARD PROTEST
    Let's get heard. Trumps fragile ego will be crushed when millions of postcards are delivered to him by THE POST OFFICE. He apparently thinks he can silence us by shutting down the White House comment line. Paul Ryan also shut off his phones. So we will deluge them with postcards...a protest they cannot ignore.
    Here's the plan:
    Purchase 10 pre-stamped postcards from the post office. On each card, write something like the following:
    #GRASSROOTSRISING
    #BLACKLIVESMATTER
    #NoDAPL
    #BANBANNON
    #THEREVOLUTIONISREAL
    #WEWONTGETFOOLEDAGAIN
    #HANDSOFFOURSS
    #HANDSOFFMEDICARE
    #NOMUSLIMBAN
    #LIARINCHIEF
    #FACTSMATTER
    Write whatever you are passionate about. We know they won't read all of them, but they will get the message that we are furious with them.
    Address cards to the following:
    President Donald Trump
    White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington DC 20500
    VP Michael Pence
    White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington, DC 20500
    Senator Mitch McConnell
    US Senate
    317 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Paul Ryan
    1233 Longworth HOB
    Washington, DC 20515
    Send one postcard to each of your State's two senators and your Congressman.
    PLEASE HAVE POSTCARDS READY TO MAIL BY
    SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11. We want them to arrive in mass, on
    TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH (VALENTINES DAY).
    PLEASE participate. We need millions of cards to go
    out.
    Just think....if every person who marched across the country participates and asks their friends to participate (there are many of us who couldn't march), we will overwhelm them with postcards, letting them know that they are NOT representing us and we won't stand for it.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    I was going to post a comment.
    NM
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,460
    Love the postcard idea.
  • vaggar99 said:

POSTCARD PROTEST
    Let's get heard. Trumps fragile ego will be crushed when millions of postcards are delivered to him by THE POST OFFICE. He apparently thinks he can silence us by shutting down the White House comment line. Paul Ryan also shut off his phones. So we will deluge them with postcards...a protest they cannot ignore.
    Here's the plan:
    Purchase 10 pre-stamped postcards from the post office. On each card, write something like the following:
    #GRASSROOTSRISING
    #BLACKLIVESMATTER
    #NoDAPL
    #BANBANNON
    #THEREVOLUTIONISREAL
    #WEWONTGETFOOLEDAGAIN
    #HANDSOFFOURSS
    #HANDSOFFMEDICARE
    #NOMUSLIMBAN
    #LIARINCHIEF
    #FACTSMATTER
    Write whatever you are passionate about. We know they won't read all of them, but they will get the message that we are furious with them.
    President Donald Trump
    White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington DC 20500
    VP Michael Pence
    White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington, DC 20500
    Senator Mitch McConnell
    US Senate
    Washington, DC 20510
    Paul Ryan
    1233 Longworth HOB
    Washington, DC 20515
    out.
    Just think....if every person who marched across the country participates and asks their friends to participate (there are many of us who couldn't march), we will overwhelm them with postcards, letting them know that they are NOT representing us and we won't stand for it.

I'd suggest:

#followthemoney
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170

vaggar99 said:

POSTCARD PROTEST
    Here's the plan:
    #GRASSROOTSRISING
    #BLACKLIVESMATTER
    #NoDAPL
    #BANBANNON
    #THEREVOLUTIONISREAL
    #WEWONTGETFOOLEDAGAIN
    #HANDSOFFOURSS
    #HANDSOFFMEDICARE
    #NOMUSLIMBAN
    #LIARINCHIEF
    #FACTSMATTER
    President Donald Trump
    White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington DC 20500
    VP Michael Pence
    White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington, DC 20500
    Senator Mitch McConnell
    US Senate
    Washington, DC 20510
    Paul Ryan
    1233 Longworth HOB
    Washington, DC 20515
    out.

I'd suggest:

#followthemoney
    I like follow the money because it will become a huge factor in the upcoming years. I'm in, any other choices?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

SNL too good
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited February 2017
    vaggar99 said:

SNL too good

McCarthy was amazing as Spicer.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • vaggar99 said:

SNL too good

McCarthy was amazing as Spicer.
    That was hilarious!

Has Trump tweeted how sad it was yet?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    Hell yeah postcards to Bafoon lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm convinced there are paid trolls on AMT
  • vaggar99 said:

SNL too good

Hilarious....that skit where Bannon tells Trump to give him his desk back is going to really bother Trump.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited February 2017
    Things have been quiet from the whitehouse since the judge overruled President Trump. I have a feeling that there is a lot of activity happening right now and this latest order from the judge will be overturned soon possibly by midweek.
  • http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/05/trump-shares-false-travel-ban-story-on-his-facebook-page.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

Trump is an idiot.

"...It has some 250,000 likes,over 68,000 shares, and was picked up by Breitbart and Infowars. But there’s one problem: Kuwait denies that anything of this sort ever took place.
    The foreign ministry of the Middle Eastern country "categorically denies these claims and affirms that these reported nationalities ... have big communities in Kuwait and enjoy full rights," according to a Sunday morning report in Reuters. "
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    We're not even two months into this train wreck of a president and it feels like a yr lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Things have been quiet from the whitehouse since the judge overruled President Trump. I have a feeling that there is a lot of activity happening right now and this latest order from the judge will be overturned soon possibly by midweek.

Are you saying the Federal Appeals court will re-review or it will move to the SCOTUS on an expedited basis? Or are you saying that Trump will try to circumvent the power of judicial review?
  • ^^^
    I'm talking about getting the order stayed.
    I think President Trump is very upset what this judge did to his order and he will soon find out how powerful a POTUS can be.
    President Trump will not let this go and will strain the judicial process until he gets the stay. How will he do this I'm not sure but I do see a stay coming relatively soon.

edited February 2017

^^^
    I'm talking about getting the order stayed.
    I think President Trump is very upset what this judge did to his order and he will soon find out how powerful a POTUS can be.
    President Trump will not let this go and will strain the judicial process until he gets the stay. How will he do this I'm not sure but I do see a stay coming relatively soon.

The short phrase for what you just proposed is a Constitutional Crisis. Every since Marbury v. Madison, the judicial branch has the power to declare laws and orders Constitutional or Unconstitutional. The POTUS has never tried to overrule said reviews since 1803. I'm not sure you understand the magnitude of what you are suggesting here.
  • I definitely don't think he understand that either. I don't think he truly understands exactly what the separation of powers is really like and that each three branches are EQUAL. President is head of the executive branch, but he's no more "powerful" than anyone else. I wonder if the President had a 7th grade history class level or American government understanding when he signed up for the job? That's not designed as a slam on him. At this point it's a genuine question.
    edited February 2017
    If there is one person capable of starting a constitutional crisis it is President Trump. I'm not digging into the entire American legal system that's what his powerful team is for. They will search every corner of every rule and pull out what space there is for them to move.
    Once enough space is collected they will go ahead and proceed to get the order stayed -legally.
This discussion has been closed.