Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    edited February 2017
    JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

Fucking bigotry

@Kat... I would think this should be censored or reprimanded in some way.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    unpresidented
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I'd love to hear from the Trump supporters here. Is he doing everything you want? Honestly? Is this what you wanted?

It's the wrong question.
    Why?
    It displays a lack of understanding of what the election was about.
    We all know this is what it was about..... a slogan. People blindly voted for a slogan without questioning who or what was behind it. (But don't worry guys, he wrote this in the last hour, so he's still making it great again for you! Oops, I mean us........ oops again, I mean us white people...... OOOPS AGAIN, I mean us white men)

No. Incorrect. The slogan is meaningless. Trump is just a vessel. The lack of understanding continues.
    The lack of understanding is predominantly with the middle & lower class voters who chose Trump thinking he would somehow improve their lives.
    Again incorrect. That was the Obama platform. That was hope and change. It failed. Middle and lower class voters flipped from blue to red not because Trump would improve their lives but because he will remove barriers to opportunity which prevent these voters from improving their own lives. They are not looking for a federal government issued handout. They see federal government and their agencies as the problem...not the solution. Fourth quarter growth under Obama was an anemic 1.6%...those kind of results were no longer acceptable.
    How are you coming to the conclusion that hope and change failed, because trump won? And how are you saying trump voters don't want handouts? Rural counties that vote red use public assistance at a very high rate. A lot are trying to cling to a rural/small town economy that is gone and not coming back. Maybe make America great again appealed to them because they think we can go back in time when that factory was open and when you could cut trees until there weren't any left. You're referencing job data, but trump voters haven't convinced me that they were looking at any factual data.
    Again look to elections at the state and local level. These people are rejecting your party. This happened before Trump. It will continue after.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I'd love to hear from the Trump supporters here. Is he doing everything you want? Honestly? Is this what you wanted?

It's the wrong question.
    Why?
    It displays a lack of understanding of what the election was about.
    We all know this is what it was about..... a slogan. People blindly voted for a slogan without questioning who or what was behind it. (But don't worry guys, he wrote this in the last hour, so he's still making it great again for you! Oops, I mean us........ oops again, I mean us white people...... OOOPS AGAIN, I mean us white men)

No. Incorrect. The slogan is meaningless. Trump is just a vessel. The lack of understanding continues.
    The lack of understanding is predominantly with the middle & lower class voters who chose Trump thinking he would somehow improve their lives.
    Again incorrect. That was the Obama platform. That was hope and change. It failed. Middle and lower class voters flipped from blue to red not because Trump would improve their lives but because he will remove barriers to opportunity which prevent these voters from improving their own lives. They are not looking for a federal government issued handout. They see federal government and their agencies as the problem...not the solution. Fourth quarter growth under Obama was an anemic 1.6%...those kind of results were no longer acceptable.
    And 227,000 jobs were created. And Trump took credit. Two weeks in office. Funny, but what opportunity is Trump going to bring back or allow access to? What barriers are there to improving ones life? Please explain.
    Businesses plan ahead. The morning after election day the business environment changed due to the pending lifting of regulatory burdens which have only just begun. There will be plenty more growth to come.
    Do you factor social regression at all?
    I am not exactly sure what you mean?
    I mean to point out the fact that Trump's actions have managed to create tension among racial, gender, and religious lines- his positions overtly favouring his preferences.

You are giving him credit for creating jobs and sparking an economy (which is debatable), but do you acknowledge the fact that whatever social progress might have been made to this point in time has been placed in a precarious position?

Citizens in the country are openly and violently opposed to each other and it is at this point I would say you have missed what needs to be understood: this isn't about sore losers... this is about preserving social integrity.
    I actually am not giving him a ton of credit for much yet. Business are anticipating a better regulatory environment and are announcing hires and expansions but it is waaay too soon to see where this all goes. The state of the world economy is not good and those who are discussing a "crash" are forgetting that some of us have been anticipating a crash for a very long time. The world is teetering. We don't even think Trump can fix it...we just think he "might" have a chance over a continuation of previous policies.

Now in terms of social progress I would be a fool to not recognize that the country/world is more divided but even with Trump's rhetoric I don't accept that this is at has feet. Sorry. I get that many of you do but it is just wrong. I have seen every person on the right called a racist, bigot, sexist, homophobe, hitler my whole damn life. Trump's victory has just driven this nonsense to a mad crescendo that is beyond being "sore losers". Social progress is not in a precarious position...unless the entire left goes Berkeley on the country.

And yet 3,000,000 more people voted for Hillary. How is that a rejection of our party?

It's Californication

Speaking of which...I'm on my way to the Chili's in about an hour.
    ^^ What businesses are hiring or expanding due to Trump's policies? This is news to me.

I would also take issue the statement that market economy is teetering. The fundamentals all look solid. The only thing that has caused the recent ebbs and flows of the indexes is Trump's erratic statements. He announces the travel ban, tech stocks take a big hit because it could affect a pool of labor or the ability to export some products. Then he says he's going to roll back some DF provisions and bank stocks jump. The bull market would continue unabated and solidly if he would just shut the fuck up for a minute.
    mrussel1 said:

^^ What businesses are hiring or expanding due to Trump's policies? This is news to me.

I would also take issue the statement that market economy is teetering. The fundamentals all look solid. The only thing that has caused the recent ebbs and flows of the indexes is Trump's erratic statements. He announces the travel ban, tech stocks take a big hit because it could affect a pool of labor or the ability to export some products. Then he says he's going to roll back some DF provisions and bank stocks jump. The bull market would continue unabated and solidly if he would just shut the fuck up for a minute.

Are you kidding? There have been announcements every single day. But again...the world is teetering no what this stock market says. China is not in good shape, the EU is going bust, debt levels of many countries including the US is unsustainable. It's a house of cards right now.
  • "You guys don't understand why Trump was elected.

You're all full of phony outrage"

• vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    trump keeps going this way, we will have a huge market meltdown very soon. its a sensitive space.
  • Why aren't the lawyers looking at and using the Federal Court decision in Boston, which is at conflict with ridiculous lift ban decision?
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Are you kidding? There have been announcements every single day. But again...the world is teetering no what this stock market says. China is not in good shape, the EU is going bust, debt levels of many countries including the US is unsustainable. It's a house of cards right now.
    What announcements and how are you linking them to Trump vs decisions that have been in place for months? I mean I know Spicer tried to take credit for the Amazon announcement but that had been in the works for a long time... And Bezos despises Trump. It's pretty difficult for Trump to take credit or blame for much that happens economically in the next 12 months (other than what he causes directly with irrational actions).
    Oh and worldwide debt is generally not bad. Because someone is making some serious money on the note, if someone is paying interest. It's all going around in circles. It's not like the interest is being paid to space aliens who don't put it back into the market economy directly or indirectly.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

Hilarious,
    Not!

Sad.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

seriously?? wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

seriously?? wow.
    All you have to do is read the constant stream of posts. Eventually the bigotry comes out. You can't hide your stripes forever. We truly have a Bannonite amongst us.
    mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

seriously?? wow.
    All you have to do is read the constant stream of posts. Eventually the bigotry comes out. You can't hide your stripes forever. We truly have a Bannonite amongst us.
    Absolutely disgusting.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    BS44325 said:

And yet 3,000,000 more people voted for Hillary. How is that a rejection of our party?

It's Californication

Speaking of which...I'm on my way to the Chili's in about an hour.
    Last I checked that was one of the fifty states. Look into voter turnout and gerrymandering before you make your conclusions.
  • mfc2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

seriously?? wow.
    Absolutely disgusting.
    You'd think maybe we'd have one of those types of guys on here, but he's not even the worst one!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Russia sells off 19.5% of it's bigly oil company Rosneft, nearly a quarter of it to a mystery shell company in the Caymans. Hmm....I wonder if trump and pals are connected in some way?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-rosneft-privatisation-insight-idUSKBN1582OH

mfc2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

seriously?? wow.
    Absolutely disgusting.
    You'd think maybe we'd have one of those types of guys on here, but he's not even the worst one!
    Yup....I'm not sure what to say, really. So here's a ramble....

I can talk to anyone, get along with anyone, etc...as long as they can actually recognize that a fact is a fact. For example, ANY type of bigotry, racism, sexism, etc....is FUCKING WRONG. And to quote Mr. Spicer.....PERIOD. Or the fact that not as many people were at Trump's inauguration....

If you believe otherwise, please remove me from your friends list....please do us all a favor and take some time to look in the FUCKING mirror. It's one thing to agree to disagree on a policy....or rep VS dem, etc....it's another to be a racist sexist bigot that wants to drag everyone through the mud.

Again, I don't care which side of the aisle that you're on....you have to see/feel/hear the divide. We all want the country to be great and for the world to be in great shape, right? I'm sure we can all agree on that. Be informed, take action if needed, help out your fellow man, have good conversations.....and then look at what has been said and/or done in 2 weeks.

Ugh. Fucking unreal....all of this. This is not what the Constitution represents. Not even close. I'm well aware that this little ramble is all over the fucking place.....and I apologize for that. I'm just absolutely sickened by what's going on. Be well, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    ^^^
    What did you do during the election cycle to influence others to not vote for President Trump?

^^^
    What did you do during the election cycle to influence others to not vote for President Trump?

I spoke to my friends, family about what mattered to me. They have the right to choose for themselves. I did not try to influence a single person on how to vote because that is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...whether I agree with them or not.

The fact that so many people turned a blind eye to a lot of his words & actions is troubling. That being said, I think the popular vote hit it right on the head. Clearly, there is a divide.

My comment above wasn't about the election cycle, PJ. Not at all. It's about right & wrong and knowing the difference between the two.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

^^^

I kept telling people that I thought were voting for Trump they were stupid, I would show them the 538.com projected results.
  • mfc2006 said:

^^^

I spoke to my friends, family about what mattered to me. They have the right to choose for themselves. I did not try to influence a single person on how to vote because that is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...whether I agree with them or not.

The fact that so many people turned a blind eye to a lot of his words & actions is troubling. That being said, I think the popular vote hit it right on the head. Clearly, there is a divide.

My comment above wasn't about the election cycle, PJ. Not at all. It's about right & wrong and knowing the difference between the two.
    Your country had an entire year to dispose of President Trump and his wrongs in the running.
    Clearly your country supports President Trump.
  • Interview with @oreillyfactor on Fox Network - 4:00 P.M. (prior to Super Bowl). Enjoy! The judge opens up our country to potential terrorists and others that do not have our best interests at heart. Bad people are very happy!

mfc2006 said:

^^^

Your country had an entire year to dispose of President Trump and his wrongs in the running.
    not going to go down this road with you, man. not at all.

the country voted for HC; he won the EC. That's a fact. I can live with that as long as you don't run the country (or the world) into the fucking ground.....which is exactly what he will do.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

seriously?? wow.
    Does Bannon need national security DHS approval? If so there's a hotline you can call to voice your displeasure. I'm not sure if calling DC actually works thou.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    double post
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

JC29856 said:

Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao

seriously?? wow.
    Does Bannon need national security DHS approval? If so there's a hotline you can call to voice your displeasure. I'm not sure if calling DC actually works thou.
    Unintelligible.
  • mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^

not going to go down this road with you, man. not at all.

the country voted for HC; he won the EC. That's a fact. I can live with that as long as you don't run the country (or the world) into the fucking ground.....which is exactly what he will do.

Just think in your head how stupid that sounds.
    The country you live in voted for somebody else.

This discussion has been closed.