Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I'd love to hear from the Trump supporters here. Is he doing everything you want? Honestly? Is this what you wanted?

It's the wrong question.
    Why?
    It displays a lack of understanding of what the election was about.
    We all know this is what it was about..... a slogan. People blindly voted for a slogan without questioning who or what was behind it. (But don't worry guys, he wrote this in the last hour, so he's still making it great again for you! Oops, I mean us........ oops again, I mean us white people...... OOOPS AGAIN, I mean us white men)

No. Incorrect. The slogan is meaningless. Trump is just a vessel. The lack of understanding continues.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I'd love to hear from the Trump supporters here. Is he doing everything you want? Honestly? Is this what you wanted?

It's the wrong question.
    Why?
    We all know this is what it was about..... a slogan. People blindly voted for a slogan without questioning who or what was behind it. (But don't worry guys, he wrote this in the last hour, so he's still making it great again for you! Oops, I mean us........ oops again, I mean us white people...... OOOPS AGAIN, I mean us white men)

No. Incorrect. The slogan is meaningless. Trump is just a vessel. The lack of understanding continues.
    Please don't refer to Trump as a vessel. He's not some sort of biblical holy man.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:
    I thought you were posting links to how Trump has narcissistic personality disorder? Why does a narcissist take power so that he can fall on a sword so someone else can have a turn? For someone who condemns post-truth opinion-forming, you sure partake in it a lot.
    most people's political leanings are formed based on perception. mine are no different.
    i might have posted a link or two about the narcissism. But I think someone else was posting the bulk of them. anyhow, my view is that Trump is the type of narcissist that loves attention/fame etc. its a drug and if supplied in mass doses, this type of narcissist will lose all sense of rational thought. trump wants to do what he wants when he wants. being the US president affords little real privacy. i don't think he really expected so many people to not like him. again, he was drunk on the love of a large minority.

• BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

The slope of your nose is very long, professor.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Please don't refer to Trump as a vessel. He's not some sort of biblical holy man.
    He is a vessel. The religious connotations are your's not mine.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    edited February 2017
    Double posted
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

• unsung said:

She's so cute.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Funny thing about that slogan is that Democrats can start using it now and it would actually mean something.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    You get to ask your questions, and 2FR gets to ask his questions.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Again with the academic from Canada telling middle Americans how middle Americans feel and what they think lol

You are welcome to come to my house in the country and I will introduce you to some Trump voters so you can get a personal feel for what's up.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    JC29856 said:

The trump narcissism and repeated lying has me wondering if trump wasn't lying to Billy Bush to act cool so a younger influential social celebrity tv host would like him.
    It's obvious he wants everyone to like him, it's obvious he bends the truth quite often, Billy was laughing then turned to discussion to the female chaperone awaiting their arrival.
    Just a thought.

Even when teenage boys make up stories about girls, the story is consensual because most understand sexual assault is wrong. If a sixty year old is telling you he sexually assaults women, he is doing this because he's normalized the behavior because he's been doing it so long without consequences. In his head, he has made it okay to the point of thinking 'now I'm one of the guys who gets the ladies'.
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Again with the academic from Canada telling middle Americans how middle Americans feel and what they think lol

You are welcome to come to my house in the country and I will introduce you to some Trump voters so you can get a personal feel for what's up.
    But you clearly don't have a feel. Your analysis of how the election would play out was wrong. The same goes for 99% of the AMT. Being wrong though hasn't caused a single person to reevaluate. The echo chamber continues.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

The lack of understanding is predominantly with the middle & lower class voters who chose Trump thinking he would somehow improve their lives.

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    You get to ask your questions, and 2FR gets to ask his questions.
    Of course 2FR gets to ask his questions. That is not being denied. I am simply stating that the premise is wrong. He asked "Is this what you wanted?" but the election wasn't about "what was wanted"* but instead about "what is necessary". A cancer patient does not "want" chemotherapy but takes it with all it's ugliness because it is "necessary" even if the chance of a cure is low.

*One of the things you might call a want for a certain segment of the GOP electorate is the nomination of a conservative supreme court judge. This was the biggest beef of the #NeverTrump conservatives who didn't think Trump was trustworthy on that issue. Well with the nomination of Gorsuch he delivered in a big way.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

The lack of understanding is predominantly with the middle & lower class voters who chose Trump thinking he would somehow improve their lives.
    And with some self proclaimed academics insisting the election results speak to a level of profoundness among the general public supporting Trump.

BS... once again... the results speak to the fact that, among a few items, many people thought Trump was going to make America great again because he said he would.

Let's not forget that part of making America great again was to target minority groups which bigots frothed at the mouth over.

A vote for change isn't electing a billionaire and thinking things will change. Yes... Clinton was a horrible candidate, but Trump was obviously worse and he's proving so every day.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

But you clearly don't have a feel. Your analysis of how the election would play out was wrong. The same goes for 99% of the AMT. Being wrong though hasn't caused a single person to reevaluate. The echo chamber continues.
    You are lumping me in with everyone else, understandable, but I wasn't at all confident that Clinton would win because I live in yokel territory. I also have reevaluated the progressive position and come to some serious conclusions, mostly surrounding the fact that the country is not as progressive as we thought it was and the more radical faction, which wouldn't accept a deeply flawed candidate, has seriously damaged the country by allowing a clown to become POTUS.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Again incorrect. That was the Obama platform. That was hope and change. It failed. Middle and lower class voters flipped from blue to red not because Trump would improve their lives but because he will remove barriers to opportunity which prevent these voters from improving their own lives. They are not looking for a federal government issued handout. They see federal government and their agencies as the problem...not the solution. Fourth quarter growth under Obama was an anemic 1.6%...those kind of results were no longer acceptable.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

And with some self proclaimed academics insisting the election results speak to a level of profoundness among the general public supporting Trump.

BS... once again... the results speak to the fact that, among a few items, many people thought Trump was going to make America great again because he said he would.

Let's not forget that part of making America great again was to target minority groups which bigots frothed at the mouth over.

A vote for change isn't electing a billionaire and thinking things will change. Yes... Clinton was a horrible candidate, but Trump was obviously worse and he's proving so every day.
    Not "obviously worse" and nothing has been proven. There is a psychological need on here to declare Trump a failure when nothing but job growth has even happened yet. You insisited he wouldn't be elected and he was. You insisted he would be a failure. You need him to be a failure. He must fail. Your psychological well-beings depend on it!
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Again incorrect. That was the Obama platform. That was hope and change. It failed. Middle and lower class voters flipped from blue to red not because Trump would improve their lives but because he will remove barriers to opportunity which prevent these voters from improving their own lives. They are not looking for a federal government issued handout. They see federal government and their agencies as the problem...not the solution. Fourth quarter growth under Obama was an anemic 1.6%...those kind of results were no longer acceptable.
    And 227,000 jobs were created. And Trump took credit. Two weeks in office. Funny, but what opportunity is Trump going to bring back or allow access to? What barriers are there to improving ones life? Please explain.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

You are lumping me in with everyone else, understandable, but I wasn't at all confident that Clinton would win because I live in yokel territory. I also have reevaluated the progressive position and come to some serious conclusions, mostly surrounding the fact that the country is not as progressive as we thought it was and the more radical faction, which wouldn't accept a deeply flawed candidate, has seriously damaged the country by allowing a clown to become POTUS.
    Fair and that is proper introspection which appears to be lacking. The base of the democratic party seems to think you need a more progressive and/or radical candidate.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Not "obviously worse" and nothing has been proven. There is a psychological need on here to declare Trump a failure when nothing but job growth has even happened yet. You insisited he wouldn't be elected and he was. You insisted he would be a failure. You need him to be a failure. He must fail. Your psychological well-beings depend on it!
    This is not an unbiased analysis.
    You judged Obama harshly on your perceptions of international opinions and morale and yet you give Trump a pass, so far.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

No.

Your last three silly statements: no.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Are you a professor of psychology?

Brilliantati©

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

And 227,000 jobs were created. And Trump took credit. Two weeks in office. Funny, but what opportunity is Trump going to bring back or allow access to? What barriers are there to improving ones life? Please explain.
    Businesses plan ahead. The morning after election day the business environment changed due to the pending lifting of regulatory burdens which have only just begun. There will be plenty more growth to come.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Are you a professor of psychology?
    No but I did get my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Western Ontario.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Businesses plan ahead. The morning after election day the business environment changed due to the pending lifting of regulatory burdens which have only just begun. There will be plenty more growth to come.
    Do you factor social regression at all?
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

This is not an unbiased analysis.
    You judged Obama harshly on your perceptions of international opinions and morale and yet you give Trump a pass, so far.
    Well Obama's time is done so he can be judged. I certainly did not want Obama to win in 2008 but I did not judge him out of the gate. Second I have always been open to the possibility that Trump will be a failure...in fact I believe it to be likely.
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Fair and that is proper introspection which appears to be lacking. The base of the democratic party seems to think you need a more progressive and/or radical candidate.
    Nope, just one that isn't so terrible as Clinton!

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Do you factor social regression at all?
    I am not exactly sure what you mean?
This discussion has been closed.