Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I'd love to hear from the Trump supporters here. Is he doing everything you want? Honestly? Is this what you wanted?

It's the wrong question.
    Why?
    It displays a lack of understanding of what the election was about.
    We all know this is what it was about..... a slogan. People blindly voted for a slogan without questioning who or what was behind it. (But don't worry guys, he wrote this in the last hour, so he's still making it great again for you! Oops, I mean us........ oops again, I mean us white people...... OOOPS AGAIN, I mean us white men)

No. Incorrect. The slogan is meaningless. Trump is just a vessel. The lack of understanding continues.
    The lack of understanding is predominantly with the middle & lower class voters who chose Trump thinking he would somehow improve their lives.
    Again incorrect. That was the Obama platform. That was hope and change. It failed. Middle and lower class voters flipped from blue to red not because Trump would improve their lives but because he will remove barriers to opportunity which prevent these voters from improving their own lives. They are not looking for a federal government issued handout. They see federal government and their agencies as the problem...not the solution. Fourth quarter growth under Obama was an anemic 1.6%...those kind of results were no longer acceptable.
    How are you coming to the conclusion that hope and change failed, because trump won? And how are you saying trump voters don't want handouts? Rural counties that vote red use public assistance at a very high rate. A lot are trying to cling to a rural/small town economy that is gone and not coming back. Maybe make America great again appealed to them because they think we can go back in time when that factory was open and when you could cut trees until there weren't any left. You're referencing job data, but trump voters haven't convinced me that they were looking at any factual data.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I'd love to hear from the Trump supporters here. Is he doing everything you want? Honestly? Is this what you wanted?

It's the wrong question.
    Why?
    We all know this is what it was about..... a slogan. People blindly voted for a slogan without questioning who or what was behind it. (But don't worry guys, he wrote this in the last hour, so he's still making it great again for you! Oops, I mean us........ oops again, I mean us white people...... OOOPS AGAIN, I mean us white men)

No. Incorrect. The slogan is meaningless. Trump is just a vessel. The lack of understanding continues.
    The lack of understanding is predominantly with the middle & lower class voters who chose Trump thinking he would somehow improve their lives.
    Again incorrect. That was the Obama platform. That was hope and change. It failed. Middle and lower class voters flipped from blue to red not because Trump would improve their lives but because he will remove barriers to opportunity which prevent these voters from improving their own lives. They are not looking for a federal government issued handout. They see federal government and their agencies as the problem...not the solution. Fourth quarter growth under Obama was an anemic 1.6%...those kind of results were no longer acceptable.
    And 227,000 jobs were created. And Trump took credit. Two weeks in office. Funny, but what opportunity is Trump going to bring back or allow access to? What barriers are there to improving ones life? Please explain.
    Businesses plan ahead. The morning after election day the business environment changed due to the pending lifting of regulatory burdens which have only just begun. There will be plenty more growth to come.
    Sure. Growth followed by an incredible crash and burn. Another tanked economy to benefit the few. I know, I've seen it before.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Again with the academic from Canada telling middle Americans how middle Americans feel and what they think lol

You are welcome to come to my house in the country and I will introduce you to some Trump voters so you can get a personal feel for what's up.
    But you clearly don't have a feel. Your analysis of how the election would play out was wrong. The same goes for 99% of the AMT. Being wrong though hasn't caused a single person to reevaluate. The echo chamber continues.
    You are lumping me in with everyone else, understandable, but I wasn't at all confident that Clinton would win because I live in yokel territory. I also have reevaluated the progressive position and come to some serious conclusions, mostly surrounding the fact that the country is not as progressive as we thought it was and the more radical faction, which wouldn't accept a deeply flawed candidate, has seriously damaged the country by allowing a clown to become POTUS.
    Fair and that is proper introspection which appears to be lacking. The base of the democratic party seems to think you need a more progressive and/or radical candidate.
    Nope, just one that isn't so terrible as Clinton!
    That can't be it?! What about a platform? Obama exhausted the "feel good" speech. He was great at it...I am not being sarcastic...but nobody will come along who can do what he did. It was lightning in a bottle and the party is going to need more then just being Not Trump.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

How are you coming to the conclusion that hope and change failed, because trump won? And how are you saying trump voters don't want handouts? Rural counties that vote red use public assistance at a very high rate. A lot are trying to cling to a rural/small town economy that is gone and not coming back. Maybe make America great again appealed to them because they think we can go back in time when that factory was open and when you could cut trees until there weren't any left. You're referencing job data, but trump voters haven't convinced me that they were looking at any factual data.
    Again look to elections at the state and local level. These people are rejecting your party. This happened before Trump. It will continue after.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

And 227,000 jobs were created. And Trump took credit. Two weeks in office. Funny, but what opportunity is Trump going to bring back or allow access to? What barriers are there to improving ones life? Please explain.
    Luckily, the barrier that is planned parenthood will be removed, so people will be free to improve their lives without that getting in the way.

I'm already sick of all this winning.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Businesses plan ahead. The morning after election day the business environment changed due to the pending lifting of regulatory burdens which have only just begun. There will be plenty more growth to come.
    Sure. Growth followed by an incredible crash and burn. Another tanked economy to benefit the few. I know, I've seen it before.
    I agree with this theory

But it seems obvious though, right?
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Do you factor social regression at all?
    I am not exactly sure what you mean?
    I mean to point out the fact that Trump's actions have managed to create tension among racial, gender, and religious lines- his positions overtly favouring his preferences.

You are giving him credit for creating jobs and sparking an economy (which is debatable), but do you acknowledge the fact that whatever social progress might have been made to this point in time has been placed in a precarious position?

Citizens in the country are openly and violently opposed to each other and it is at this point I would say you have missed what needs to be understood: this isn't about sore losers... this is about preserving social integrity.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Im in NYC tonight... should I head past Bafoons headquarters and see what's happening?

Anybody want one of those stupid hats?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    my2hands said:

Im in NYC tonight... should I head past Bafoons headquarters and see what's happening?

I got my hat directly ordered from the factory in China.
    mrussel1 said:

my2hands said:

I got my hat directly ordered from the factory in China.
    that's the best factory hands-down in the history of all factories in the universe. Bigly amazing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's the wrong question.
    Why?

Again look to elections at the state and local level. These people are rejecting your party. This happened before Trump. It will continue after.
    I have looked at that. Look at the definition of confirmation bias. It will have a picture of you with a link to this thread.
  • And yet 3,000,000 more people voted for Hillary. How is that a rejection of our party?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    I love this paragraph from the AP story this morning responding to trump's tweet about the judge. Sorry trump, you're in the professional world of adults now.
    "That rhetoric could put government lawyers defending Trump's order in a tough spot if a federal appeals court were to ask them about it.

"Either they have to defend the statements that Judge Robart is a 'so-called judge,' which you can't do, or they have to distance themselves from the president, who is their boss," said University of Pittsburgh law professor Arthur Hellman."
  • Trump is a man child, not fit for the office.

Brilliantati©
    Russia sells off 19.5% of it's bigly oil company Rosneft, nearly a quarter of it to a mystery shell company in the Caymans. Hmm....I wonder if trump and pals are connected in some way?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-rosneft-privatisation-insight-idUSKBN1582OH
  • What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?
  • What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?

Are you 10 years old?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?

Are you 10 years old?
    This is hilarious (and SAD) because it's an actual trump tweet and not the work of an amt troll.

What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?

Are you 10 years old?
    This is hilarious (and SAD) because it's an actual trump tweet and not the work of an amt troll.
    Yup. You think you've seen/heard it all, then something else is said/done.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Because the ban was lifted by a judge, many very bad and dangerous people may be pouring into our country. A terrible decision

Are you 10 years old?
    I won't add latest tweet anymore.
    I will just post in bold the latest tweets of President Trump.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543

Because the ban was lifted by a judge, many very bad and dangerous people may be pouring into our country. A terrible decision

The very definition of fear mongering. Lunatic in chief. Statements like that make it seem very clear he had no intention of a temporary ban.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Russia sells off 19.5% of it's bigly oil company Rosneft, nearly a quarter of it to a mystery shell company in the Caymans. Hmm....I wonder if trump and pals are connected in some way?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-rosneft-privatisation-insight-idUSKBN1582OH

Bigley!

Brilliantati©

Separation of powers adn checks and balances.. that's what it is and has been. I assume this was a Trump tweet since you are not American.
  • mrussel1 said:

Separation of powers adn checks and balances.. that's what it is and has been. I assume this was a Trump tweet since you are not American.
    You didn't even read three posts back?
    I won't add latest tweet anymore.
    I will just post in bold the latest tweets of President Trump.
  • mrussel1 said:

Trump didn't even characterize what the judge did properly. It wasn't a homeland security travel ban. It was his EO, the implementation of which the judge halted. He makes his own fake news.

Brilliantati©

Mark Cuban's response:
    Our country is coming to appreciate more and more every day that we have 3 branches of government

Mark Cuban's response:
    Our country is coming to appreciate more and more every day that we have 3 branches of government
    Exactly... but there will come a time when he attempts to ignore the judicial branch. It's coming... I'm not sure how we handle it. It would also not surprise me if he tries to overturn legislative laws with a stroke of a pen. That will be another crisis.

There was news today about him rolling back Dodd-Frank provisions, but that's a little misleading. He is trying to roll back rules written by the FTC under powers granted by the Dodd-Frank. It's splitting a hair but he probably has that power since the FTC is part of the Executive branch. If he tries to completely scrap laws then we have an issue.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Jewdicial branch!
    lmfao
This discussion has been closed.