President Elect Trump

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,586
    Ahh yes, the usage of "sad" to explain yet another anti Trump idea, argument or story.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JimmyV said:

This is going to be a disaster.

And should someone in the Trump administration cross the line, Gingrich has a potential answer for that too.

“In the case of the president, he has a broad ability to organize the White House the way he wants to. He also has, frankly, the power of the pardon,” Gingrich said. “It’s a totally open power. He could simply say, ‘Look, I want them to be my advisers. I pardon them if anyone finds them to have behaved against the rules. Period. Technically, under the Constitution, he has that level of authority.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/newt-gingrich-trump-ethics-laws-congress-232828

Empirical well before Trump declared his run!

JC29856 said:

Pat Nixon especially and Kurt Cobain, rest your souls, you were right about Donald Trump amazing. Who would have thought we would have ever elected a celebrity game show host as president.
    If either of you read the PJ AMT...
    hopefully some time we can discuss your prophecy.

Really? You know that Cobain quote was fake, right?
    Yes sir, Sheldon Cooper!
    edited December 2016

I look forward to when there is actually something to discuss and not gloating on one side and the world is ending quotes from the other side. What a lot of wasted energy right now.

The world isn't ending, but it's a goddamn shit show and he will set us back not forward. Are we supposed to be optimistic about his appointments and how they all support the opposite of what their respective positions are meant to uphold?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    Your entire political way of thinking has been turned upside down now that President Trump is running the show.
    It's normal to feel this way. However by saying things like that makes it seem that you really do think you are screwed now that he is in office.
    edited December 2016
    tbergs said:

I look forward to when there is actually something to discuss and not gloating on one side and the world is ending quotes from the other side. What a lot of wasted energy right now.

The world isn't ending, but it's a goddamn shit show and he will set us back not forward. Are we supposed to be optimistic about his appointments and how they all support the opposite of what their respective positions are meant to uphold?
    Don't we all miss the checks and balances? The 8 track tape? When was the last time we had checks and balances? Etcha-sketch? Separation of powers? Switchboard operators?
    I must admit, I am enjoying the chicken hawks coming home to roost.
    99 problems but...
    Good for you. I think the joker enjoyed watching the world burn too.
  • Plan A - Protest on the streets. Fail.
    Plan B - Recount the votes. Fail.
    Plan C - Blame the Russian hacking. Fail.
    Plan D - Harrass, beg, threaten college electoral voters not to vote Trump. Fail.

What's the next course of action for the Hillary campaign/supporters? Anyone?
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    tbergs said:

No but America is ending.

Plan A - Protest on the streets. Fail.
    Plan D - Harrass, beg, threaten college electoral voters not to vote Trump. Fail.

Whats the next course of action for the Hillary campaign/supporters? Anyone?

Personally, it has nothing to do with Clinton. We have a president elect who is a diarrhea spewing idiot.
    Lolimage
    JC29856 said:

Lolimage

Where's the picture where the rest of the world loses. Way to stick it to those career politicians though!
    tbergs said:

JC29856 said:

Lolimage

Where's the picture where the rest of the world loses. Way to stick it to those career politicians though!
    In do time, in due time...you will be triggered.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    tbergs said:

No, but right now all we can do is wait until he puts out proposals to debate. At this point it just seems silly to be arguing back and forth.

tbergs said:

No, but right now all we can do is wait until he puts out proposals to debate. At this point it just seems silly to be arguing back and forth.
    Totally agree, never before was such "stuff and nonsense" discussed and debated.
  • JC29856 said:

tbergs said:

Totally agree, never before was such "stuff and nonsense" discussed and debated.
    All the policies and proposals he ran on have always been found here https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/
    Pick one.
    edited December 2016

JC29856 said:

tbergs said:

All the policies and proposals he ran on have always been found here https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/
    Pick one.

https://youtu.be/Jh2egzwuD3E
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Embarrassing.

Really, really embarrassing. For all Americans. Even the ones that don't know they should be embarrassed.

I can't help but feel this whole debacle a tarted as a bet or a gag- kind of like that movie, Trading Places.

Lol... Donald Trump for gawds sakes. F**king hilarious.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    tbergs said:

Whats the next course of action for the Hillary campaign/supporters? Anyone?

Personally, it has nothing to do with Clinton. We have a president elect who is a diarrhea spewing idiot.
    No it has to do w/ the Clinton way of thinking.
    Plan E - Impeachment. Fail.
  • Plan A - Protest on the streets. Fail.

A- How can a protest of election results fail? A protest like that is just a show of disgust.
    B- Recounting the votes stemmed from the Green Party candidate and was nothing but a fundraising effort for their party. The Clinton campaign did not institute the recount.
    C- No reasonable Democrat is saying the hack cost Clinton the election. What you do is rush to judgement and assume that since we say the hacking should be investigated, that we are being sore losers. In reality, our country was hacked and any person with half a brain would say there should be an investigation into it.
    D- I think you're exaggerating the "harassment" put on electors. I'm certain some morons took it too far, but they weren't condoned by or a part of the DNC.
    E- Impeachment? How about we just give him a chance once he's elected. Let's give him the respect that wasn't shown to President Obama even before he took office. Trump will overstep his boundaries, then we will talk impeachment. But I hope he does well for the country's sake.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

Spend the next four years reminding trump superiors how stupid they are. While criticizing trump and congress's every move.

Not necessarily in that order.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    CM189191 said:

Spend the next four years reminding trump superiors how stupid they are. While criticizing trump and congress's every move.

Normalizing a Trump presidency isn't exactly the right thing to do either.
  • CM189191 said:

Yup.
  • Free said:

CM189191 said:

Normalizing a Trump presidency isn't exactly the right thing to do either.
    Think about what you just said.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

E- Impeachment? How about we just give him a chance once he's elected. Let's give him the respect that wasn't shown to President Obama even before he took office. Trump will overstep his boundaries, then we will talk impeachment. But I hope he does well for the country's sake.
  • Avid Bernie supporters wanted to solidify him as POTUS because a bird landed during his speech.
    That is not normal.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

Avid Bernie supporters wanted to solidify him as POTUS because a bird landed during his speech.
    That is not normal.

Bernie could also speak above a fifth grade reading level, so he had that going for him.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838

tbergs said:

No but America is ending.
    This is some major, major freakout going on. Impressive.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

Mid term 2018 can't come any sooner. Donald Trump: Make America Terrible Again!

And idiototic post of the day goes to...
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

A- How can a protest of election results fail? A protest like that is just a show of disgust.
    B- Recounting the votes stemmed from the Green Party candidate and was nothing but a fundraising effort for their party. The Clinton campaign did not institute the recount.
    C- No reasonable Democrat is saying the hack cost Clinton the election. What you do is rush to judgement and assume that since we say the hacking should be investigated, that we are being sore losers. In reality, our country was hacked and any person with half a brain would say there should be an investigation into it.
    D- I think you're exaggerating the "harassment" put on electors. I'm certain some morons took it too far, but they weren't condoned by or a part of the DNC.
    Will you be showing the same impeachment restraint that you afforded obama?
This discussion has been closed.