President Elect Trump

Comments

• unsung said:

unsung said:

Plan A - Protest on the streets. Fail.
    Plan B - Recount the votes. Fail.
    Plan C - Blame the Russian hacking. Fail.
    Plan D - Harrass, beg, threaten college electoral voters not to vote Trump. Fail.

What's the next course of action for the Hillary campaign/supporters? Anyone?

A- How can a protest of election results fail? A protest like that is just a show of disgust.
    B- Recounting the votes stemmed from the Green Party candidate and was nothing but a fundraising effort for their party. The Clinton campaign did not institute the recount.
    C- No reasonable Democrat is saying the hack cost Clinton the election. What you do is rush to judgement and assume that since we say the hacking should be investigated, that we are being sore losers. In reality, our country was hacked and any person with half a brain would say there should be an investigation into it.
    D- I think you're exaggerating the "harassment" put on electors. I'm certain some morons took it too far, but they weren't condoned by or a part of the DNC.
    E- Impeachment? How about we just give him a chance once he's elected. Let's give him the respect that wasn't shown to President Obama even before he took office. Trump will overstep his boundaries, then we will talk impeachment. But I hope he does well for the country's sake.
    Will you be showing the same impeachment restraint that you afforded obama?
    I can't defend Trump so I'm gonna bring up Hillary and Obama as a strawman. La la la I can't hear you!
    Yeah, he hasn't even been sworn in and you crybabies want to impeach him already. LOL.
    is typical of how liberals been acting since Mr. Trump won the election tres times ajjajajajaja
    Arriba, arriba, encima de mis amigos un nuevo día esta sobre nosotros !!

Welcome back GF
    Some people just can't control themselves.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    in all seriousness, i am somewhat disturbed at the misspelling of 'unprecedented'. i'm pretty sure that would have been a word that would have come up in a grade school spelling test or some required reading material. the word 'unpresidented' has never been published. How do you come up with that spelling? Only one way i can think of...you never read the word or read it so few times to not notice the 'ce' in the middle makes it unique enough to where 'precedent' and 'president' are not really close to the same words in appearance. just an observation. there are other tweets
  • unsung said:

unsung said:

Plan A - Protest on the streets. Fail.
    Plan B - Recount the votes. Fail.
    Plan C - Blame the Russian hacking. Fail.
    Plan D - Harrass, beg, threaten college electoral voters not to vote Trump. Fail.

What's the next course of action for the Hillary campaign/supporters? Anyone?

A- How can a protest of election results fail? A protest like that is just a show of disgust.
    B- Recounting the votes stemmed from the Green Party candidate and was nothing but a fundraising effort for their party. The Clinton campaign did not institute the recount.
    C- No reasonable Democrat is saying the hack cost Clinton the election. What you do is rush to judgement and assume that since we say the hacking should be investigated, that we are being sore losers. In reality, our country was hacked and any person with half a brain would say there should be an investigation into it.
    D- I think you're exaggerating the "harassment" put on electors. I'm certain some morons took it too far, but they weren't condoned by or a part of the DNC.
    E- Impeachment? How about we just give him a chance once he's elected. Let's give him the respect that wasn't shown to President Obama even before he took office. Trump will overstep his boundaries, then we will talk impeachment. But I hope he does well for the country's sake.
    Will you be showing the same impeachment restraint that you afforded obama?
    I can't defend Trump so I'm gonna bring up Hillary and Obama as a strawman. La la la I can't hear you!
    Yeah, he hasn't even been sworn in and you crybabies want to impeach him already. LOL.
    is typical of how liberals been acting since Mr. Trump won the election tres times ajjajajajaja
    Arriba, arriba, encima de mis amigos un nuevo día esta sobre nosotros !!

Welcome back GF
    grassyass amigo ! hope all is cool on your end.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    vaggar99 said:

in all seriousness, i am somewhat disturbed at the misspelling of 'unprecedented'. i'm pretty sure that would have been a word that would have come up in a grade school spelling test or some required reading material. the word 'unpresidented' has never been published. How do you come up with that spelling? Only one way i can think of...you never read the word or read it so few times to not notice the 'ce' in the middle makes it unique enough to where 'precedent' and 'president' are not really close to the same words in appearance. just an observation. there are other tweets

I think it's a hilarious tweet mistake coming from the PE, but people are making wayyyyy too much about it. it's a simple spelling mistake. I highly doubt he actually thought the word was "unpresidented". who knows, maybe he did it on purpose to troll everyone who follows him.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Gern yes it is hard to hold back because we all have different opinions and views......and mine is always the right one JAJAJJAJAJJAJAJ !
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It is unpresidented for an elected official to not have an army of people filtering any message he sends to the people.
  • Whose dummer? Dan Quayle for mispelling tomatoe or Drumph for knot nowing how two spel unpresidented?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    PJ should drop a new album or an EP or something on inauguration day.

www.headstonesband.com

let's hope there's something in the works. the silence from the band is deafening
    vaggar99 said:

let's hope there's something in the works. the silence from the band is deafening
    I think they are being smart about it. not kneejerk.

www.headstonesband.com

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

vaggar99 said:

I think it's a hilarious tweet mistake coming from the PE, but people are making wayyyyy too much about it. it's a simple spelling mistake. I highly doubt he actually thought the word was "unpresidented". who knows, maybe he did it on purpose to troll everyone who follows him.
    Hilliary/Obama being "unpresidented"!
  • vaggar99 said:

Remember during the primary debates he misspelled "telepromter".....did it in two different tweets. Dude is a fucking idiot.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Whose dummer? Dan Quayle for mispelling tomatoe or Drumph for knot nowing how two spel unpresidented?

It was actually "potatoe" and that was what was printed on the card that he was given. Quayle can be forgiven....Trump is a fucking idiot.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958

Whose dummer? Dan Quayle for mispelling tomatoe or Drumph for knot nowing how two spel unpresidented?

*who's

*who's
    dumber

Whose dummer? Dan Quayle for mispelling tomatoe or Drumph for knot nowing how two spel unpresidented?

*who's
    dumber
    Quail

vaggar99 said:

i'd agree except for it comes from someone who thinks/says he's smart. i'm not saying that knowing how to spell well is a differentiating factor, but it does to me say that a person is not well read. i find that to be not only disturbing but dangerous.

i suppose i can just buy into the illusion that T. is smart and every dumb thing he says/does is just another joke on those who hate him. I guess that's what I had to do to get used to GWB. I guess that turned out ok.

*who's
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

i'd agree except for it comes from someone who thinks/says he's smart. i'm not saying that knowing how to spell well is a differentiating factor, but it does to me say that a person is not well read. i find that to be not only disturbing but dangerous.

i suppose i can just buy into the illusion that T. is smart and every dumb thing he says/does is just another joke on those who hate him. I guess that's what I had to do to get used to GWB. I guess that turned out ok.
    it doesn't mean he's not well read. all it means is he doesn't give a shit about spelling mistakes on social media. at this level, he should, but he doesn't give a shit about much, so why would spelling be at the top of the list, or on the list at all?

www.headstonesband.com

*who's
    Or was it?
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

it doesn't mean he's not well read. all it means is he doesn't give a shit about spelling mistakes on social media. at this level, he should, but he doesn't give a shit about much, so why would spelling be at the top of the list, or on the list at all?
    Marie Brenner's 1990 profile of Donald Trump for Vanity Fair captured the real estate mogul in turmoil, as he struggled to hold onto his empire amid a nasty divorce fight. It's a juicy piece, but one anecdote in particular stands out: that Trump owned a copy of Adolf Hitler's speeches and allegedly read them for inspiration:
    "Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist."
    CM189191 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Marie Brenner's 1990 profile of Donald Trump for Vanity Fair captured the real estate mogul in turmoil, as he struggled to hold onto his empire amid a nasty divorce fight. It's a juicy piece, but one anecdote in particular stands out: that Trump owned a copy of Adolf Hitler's speeches and allegedly read them for inspiration:
    "Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist."
    Yeah, cause Ivana and her lawyer had zero to gain from that claim.

www.headstonesband.com

CM189191 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Because books people keep by their bed really swing a divorce settlement?
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

CM189191 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.
    Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”
    “I don’t remember,” I said.
    “Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)
    Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”

CM189191 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Because books people keep by their bed really swing a divorce settlement?
    Not necessarily monetary in motive.

www.headstonesband.com

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.
    Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”
    “I don’t remember,” I said.
    “Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)
    Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”
    tell me why you think this matters.

www.headstonesband.com

*who's
    Or was it?
    Must not have read the entire sentence. Or you did and you don't see any other problems...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,586
    vaggar99 said:

Samantha Bee summed it up nicely recently; he can't really read. This will be the equivalent of the birther movement conspiracy.
    It's a hopeless situation...

*who's
    Or was it?
    Must not have read the entire sentence. Or you did and you don't see any other problems...
    I did. Picking the one that's commonly misused is the joke.

*who's
    Or was it?
    I did. Picking the one that's commonly misused is the joke.
    Damn, I thought I was the one being funny
This discussion has been closed.