Options

President Elect Trump

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,797
    mace1229 said:

i love that radical liberals are showing their true colors and spreading hate and fear and paranoia because they didn't win. i've enjoyed seeing all the 'holier-than-thou', 'i love everyone', ' i know everything', 'i'm going to save the world on my unicorn' libs squirm.

I keep seeing the right saying this, but I have yet to see it in existence. it's like a dog accusing a cat of barking at it.

I can't even begin to address how utterly ridiculous this post is. yeah, loving all people sure is radical!!! :dizzy:
    I wouldn't say the majority does it, but I would definitely say it has happened, and quite a lot since the election.
    Scroll through the threads, you'll find quite a few posts accusing people of being racist, sexists, bigots, and much more based solely on who they voted for. What kind of free election is this if you get shamed for voting for the other party? Trump has said some stupid things, and I think you were the one who even suggested that he just talks big without thinking first, so you'd understand that people who voted for him don't like everything he says. But they are still called a bunch of shameful names anyway. To be called sexist, racist, homophobic based on your vote can be a fear tactic in today's world. People are afraid to admit they voted for him in the work place or in social groups, not because they regret it, but because the stigma the far left has placed on your vote. And that sucks. Who wants to be labeled any of those things?
    And it does swing both ways, it just seems to be swinging more from one side right now because of the election.
    I didn't like Trump, but as bad as I think he's going to be I think Clintons was worse. I have the right to that opinion. But unfortunately I would not post that on social media that could be traced back to me personally for the stigma that has been placed on it and fear of offending someone at work. I don't want to deal with that. However, voting Clinton is okay to advertise.
    It's not that all of Trump supporters are racist, sexists, or bigots. It's just that a good number of racist, sexists, and bigots voted for Trump.

The correlation is well established, it's the causation that's concerning.

As for the Trump supporters who don't consider themselves to be racist, sexists, or bigots; they're going to have to do some soul searching and come to terms with why they find themselves in such deplorable company.

And if you're afraid to stand up for your preferred candidate for fear of offending someone, I think that speaks volumes about your candidate.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

to answer your question, no. i will never consider myself a liberal again. i like The Donald more by the minute. the more radicals continue to whine, the more i love The DON.

And your reaction probably best describes a lot of trump voters. They don't seem excited about trump being president, but rather want to gloat about winning and say "we won, get over it". I don't see trump voters getting excited about his childish tweets or that he's filling the swamp and not draining it. Or that his plans will harm people working in manufacturing. That he'll raise the cost of living. My question now is how long will it take for trump voters to realize they got conned.
    I'm the opposite. I actually like him more. Exceeding my low expectations.
    What do you like so far?
    I pay zero attention to the temperament aspect...the idiotic tweets, the bluster, etc. I am not saying that isn't important but for me it is all about the decisions to date and as a conservative I generally like his appointments. I understand why progressives would hate them but for me these are competent people who will steer policy in a direction I would like to see it go. On the domestic front it is clear that he will aim to liberate businesses from the crushing taxes and regulations that prevent growth. On the international front I am a big fan of moves like the "Taiwan phone call" and I hope that type of stance combined with a quality Secretary of State selection (I'm personally hoping for Romney) allows US foreign policy to get back on the right footing. The danger for Trump from a conservative perspective will come on spending and entitlements during his term...those bills are coming due and he will be the one who has to finally confront the debt no matter how ugly that confrontation will be. Lastly he better get a handle on his personal business ties. He is correct that he is not obligated to divest but that shit creeps up over time and he will not be able to run from even the slightest notion that he is profiting off of government decisions forever. All in all though I am satisfied...I saw him as a terrible candidate with more upside potential and for me that potential is showing.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Jason P said:

Trump supporters are urging a boycott of Star Wars Rogue One???

All right, they finally crossed the motherfucking line. Fuck these clowns!

They need to stick with Chuck Norris movies and Pure Flix propaganda. Dafuq do they care about liberal Hollywood?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

to answer your question, no. i will never consider myself a liberal again. i like The Donald more by the minute. the more radicals continue to whine, the more i love The DON.

And your reaction probably best describes a lot of trump voters. They don't seem excited about trump being president, but rather want to gloat about winning and say "we won, get over it". I don't see trump voters getting excited about his childish tweets or that he's filling the swamp and not draining it. Or that his plans will harm people working in manufacturing. That he'll raise the cost of living. My question now is how long will it take for trump voters to realize they got conned.
    What do you like so far?
    I pay zero attention to the temperament aspect...the idiotic tweets, the bluster, etc. I am not saying that isn't important but for me it is all about the decisions to date and as a conservative I generally like his appointments. I understand why progressives would hate them but for me these are competent people who will steer policy in a direction I would like to see it go. On the domestic front it is clear that he will aim to liberate businesses from the crushing taxes and regulations that prevent growth. On the international front I am a big fan of moves like the "Taiwan phone call" and I hope that type of stance combined with a quality Secretary of State selection (I'm personally hoping for Romney) allows US foreign policy to get back on the right footing. The danger for Trump from a conservative perspective will come on spending and entitlements during his term...those bills are coming due and he will be the one who has to finally confront the debt no matter how ugly that confrontation will be. Lastly he better get a handle on his personal business ties. He is correct that he is not obligated to divest but that shit creeps up over time and he will not be able to run from even the slightest notion that he is profiting off of government decisions forever. All in all though I am satisfied...I saw him as a terrible candidate with more upside potential and for me that potential is showing.

I'm not sure which is my favorite: the racist AG, the billionaire up for Secretary of Labor who has a ton of restaurants that commit wage theft, the EPA head who puppets for polluting industries, the WWE titan for Small Business Administration, the surgeon cum HUD head who already admitted he was unqualified to run a government agency, the billionaire Commerce head with a record of running deadly coal mines, the vampire squid for Treasury, an even bigger vampire squid rumored to be up for OMB, the Benghazi believer and torture lover up for CIA, the woman who has never stepped inside a public school in her life and who wants every child to do the same up for Education, the SECDEF chosen likely not because of his abilities but because his nickname is legitimately awesome, or the HHS head who wants to crush Medicare and Medicaid into a fine powder

/not stolen, but borrowed with pride
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    This is why the silent majority won.
    The American liberal media is sickening.
  • Options

i love that radical liberals are showing their true colors and spreading hate and fear and paranoia because they didn't win. i've enjoyed seeing all the 'holier-than-thou', 'i love everyone', ' i know everything', 'i'm going to save the world on my unicorn' libs squirm.

So you love trump more because of a reaction he gets out of a group of people you don't like? You know this is trump's tactic to manipulate others and it's how he got elected, right?
    i dont dislike any group of people. but i like seeing liberals squirm. its kinda nice.
    You still haven't answered the question of what you think of trump's decisions in the last four weeks.
    Have you answered yet how the Russians were involved in President-elect Trumps win?
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218

This is why the silent majority won.
    The American liberal media is sickening.
    It's the silent minority actually. And the conservative media is just as bad, its not all one sided like you all seem to think here in this thread.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

What do you like so far?

I'm not sure which is my favorite: the racist AG, the billionaire up for Secretary of Labor who has a ton of restaurants that commit wage theft, the EPA head who puppets for polluting industries, the WWE titan for Small Business Administration, the surgeon cum HUD head who already admitted he was unqualified to run a government agency, the billionaire Commerce head with a record of running deadly coal mines, the vampire squid for Treasury, an even bigger vampire squid rumored to be up for OMB, the Benghazi believer and torture lover up for CIA, the woman who has never stepped inside a public school in her life and who wants every child to do the same up for Education, the SECDEF chosen likely not because of his abilities but because his nickname is legitimately awesome, or the HHS head who wants to crush Medicare and Medicaid into a fine powder

What does "benghazi believer" mean?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    CM189191 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

What do you like so far?

Looks fairly accurate to me
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

What do you like so far?
    Under Trump, red states are finally going to be able to turn themselves into poor, unhealthy paradises
    In time blue state Democrats could look forward to the satisfaction of watching Trump's voters stew in their own political juices as Red State America finally frees itself from the evil grip of global elites and big government and turns itself into a low-tax, low-wage, low health paradise where it's every man for himself.
    As H.L. Mencken once put it, “Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.”
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Russia Russia Russia
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

CM189191 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

What do you like so far?

What does "benghazi believer" mean?
    I believe the "Benghazi believer" is a reference to the article he posted to open his Hillary has more votes thread.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    mace1229 said:

I keep seeing the right saying this, but I have yet to see it in existence. it's like a dog accusing a cat of barking at it.

I can't even begin to address how utterly ridiculous this post is. yeah, loving all people sure is radical!!! :dizzy:
    I wouldn't say the majority does it, but I would definitely say it has happened, and quite a lot since the election.
    Scroll through the threads, you'll find quite a few posts accusing people of being racist, sexists, bigots, and much more based solely on who they voted for. What kind of free election is this if you get shamed for voting for the other party? Trump has said some stupid things, and I think you were the one who even suggested that he just talks big without thinking first, so you'd understand that people who voted for him don't like everything he says. But they are still called a bunch of shameful names anyway. To be called sexist, racist, homophobic based on your vote can be a fear tactic in today's world. People are afraid to admit they voted for him in the work place or in social groups, not because they regret it, but because the stigma the far left has placed on your vote. And that sucks. Who wants to be labeled any of those things?
    And it does swing both ways, it just seems to be swinging more from one side right now because of the election.
    I didn't like Trump, but as bad as I think he's going to be I think Clintons was worse. I have the right to that opinion. But unfortunately I would not post that on social media that could be traced back to me personally for the stigma that has been placed on it and fear of offending someone at work. I don't want to deal with that. However, voting Clinton is okay to advertise.
    It's pretty simple though. People who voted for trump voted for someone who's an admitted sex offender, has said racist things, mocked the disabled, and made a platform based on prejudice. Clinton didn't do these things. People can admit they voted for Romney or McCain relatively shame free as well. I also haven't seen a trump voter explain their opinion that he's better than Clinton by using a valid, logical comparison.
  • Options

mace1229 said:

It's pretty simple though. People who voted for trump voted for someone who's an admitted sex offender, has said racist things, mocked the disabled, and made a platform based on prejudice. Clinton didn't do these things. People can admit they voted for Romney or McCain relatively shame free as well. I also haven't seen a trump voter explain their opinion that he's better than Clinton by using a valid, logical comparison.
    You have seen it...you just don't accept it.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited December 2016

mace1229 said:

I used to watch underdog as a kid, my vote for Trump was a vote for nostalgia.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

I've seen logic from blatently bigoted people that align with trump's bigoted beliefs. I'm talking about the more reasonably minded trump voters.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

mace1229 said:

I've seen logic from blatently bigoted people that align with trump's bigoted beliefs. I'm talking about the more reasonably minded trump voters.
    I have presented the reasonably minded take to you countless times. You don't accept it.
  • Options
    ^^^
    The reasonably minded are called trolls until they submit to a radlib/lib.
    It's foolishness.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

So you love trump more because of a reaction he gets out of a group of people you don't like? You know this is trump's tactic to manipulate others and it's how he got elected, right?
    i dont dislike any group of people. but i like seeing liberals squirm. its kinda nice.
    You still haven't answered the question of what you think of trump's decisions in the last four weeks.
    i'm sure i'll start to form opinions, good or bad, once he is actually the President. i can say i like what the stock market has done in the past month. from what i remember the market was supposed to bottom out the day he was hypothetically elected. its been a near record-breaking month. looks like they were all wrong again. i like that he is seeking counsel from Barry O, and showing an early willingness to work across the aisle. of course, all of this can change. Mad Dog Mattis, General Kelly, love it. choices like Pruitt, Bannon, to name a couple, not so much.

and to be clear, i'd love watching the right squirm just the same had the election gone the other way.
  • Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

you like those yellow faces, eh?
    You don't like CAPITAL letters, eh?
    not usually.
    I like them. They look neat.
    I guess they do look pretty neat.
  • Options
    ^^^
    What appears neater?
    hillary clinton or President-elect Donald Trump
  • Options

^^^
    What appears neater?
    hillary clinton or President-elect Donald Trump

President-elect Donald Trump, for sure. i prefer The Don, i think.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

How many ex Generals has he appointed to his cabinet ?

Three so far:
    Secretary of Defense - retired Marine General James Mattis
    National Security Advisor - retired Army Lt. General Michael Flynn
    Secretary of Homeland Security - retired Marine General John Kelly

Yay, more old white men running the show. Just what America needs. :neutral: I can't wait for these old man politicians (and businessmen) from a bygone era to die out.
    Well that's a pretty fucked up thing to say...Tell me more about how you value human life and why these "old white men" should respect your opinion regarding their healthcare or retirement or anything else for that matter. Deplorable...
    Are you offended? Do you need to find a safe place, one with no triggers?
    I do find offense, but nope, no safe place with cry rooms and puppies needed for me. Unlike lefties, I understand that life can be unfair and face my problems head on. Thanks for the offer, though, you can keep your lonely safe place for yourself.
    I love how conservatives think liberals can't handle things.
    Don't liberals want the government to handle things for them?
    Common insult
  • Options

In that other thread... lol... someone actually said Trump is Obama's fault.

You'll never get anywhere with them types a folk I reckon lol.

These are the same idiots who blame him for Katrina even though nobody ever heard of him yet. Cog dis racism is a serious mental disorder.
    It's Obama's fault for being partially black and having a Muslim name. T exists because thousands couldn't stand that
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Looks like PJsoul offended some white guys.

We get it, you hate white people. I, for one, love all people and would never wish for death of old people of any race or ethnicity...
  • Options
    Is this true? Do the libs/radlibs get enraged when they hear this?
    I can't tell anymore since they are fleeing AMT. Thoughts from who is left?
    "You have that long early voting in Florida, it's so long and so many things can go wrong when you have that long period of time. A long long long period. It used to be you have a day and you vote, now you go on forever, weeks and weeks," Trump said in Baton Rogue.
    "We have to discuss that early thing, that's sort of - so many things are going on, I wonder what happens in the evening when those things are locked," he added, making air-quotes with his hands as he said the word "locked."
    The comments are sure to enrage Democrats, who have aggressively pushed for expanding early voting under the argument that it allows for those who can't take time off from work or their obligations on Election Day to still participate.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-questions-merits-of-early-voting/ar-AAlmJdw?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    Tillerson @ head of pack for Secretary of State slot take a look at his resume very integrated in the Russian politics ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    edited December 2016
    The CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, according to officials briefed on the matter.

Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances.

“It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected,” said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. “That’s the consensus view.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.324b5b2419d1
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    So much for that, "no US law enforcement agency has implicated Russia for interfering in our elections or helping get Trump elected" theory. And you Trumpeters just love it, don't you?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_russiahack-1215p:homepage/story&utm_term=.57be427733cd
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.