Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

How many ex Generals has he appointed to his cabinet ?

Three so far:
    Secretary of Defense - retired Marine General James Mattis
    National Security Advisor - retired Army Lt. General Michael Flynn
    Secretary of Homeland Security - retired Marine General John Kelly

Yay, more old white men running the show. Just what America needs. :neutral: I can't wait for these old man politicians (and businessmen) from a bygone era to die out.
    Well that's a pretty fucked up thing to say...Tell me more about how you value human life and why these "old white men" should respect your opinion regarding their healthcare or retirement or anything else for that matter. Deplorable...
    Are you offended? Do you need to find a safe place, one with no triggers?
    Nope, no safe place with cry rooms and puppies needed for me. Unlike lefties, I understand that life can be unfair and face my problems head on. Thanks for the offer, though, you can keep your lonely safe place for yourself.
    Are you sure? You seem pretty triggered? There is plenty of room in my safe place for you.

Sometimes we all just need a big hug and a cry to get rid of all the anger. Puppies aren't so bad....do you hate puppies too?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Three so far:

Yay, more old white men running the show. Just what America needs. :neutral: I can't wait for these old man politicians (and businessmen) from a bygone era to die out.
    Well that's a pretty fucked up thing to say...Tell me more about how you value human life and why these "old white men" should respect your opinion regarding their healthcare or retirement or anything else for that matter. Deplorable...
    I do find offense, but nope, no safe place with cry rooms and puppies needed for me. Unlike lefties, I understand that life can be unfair and face my problems head on. Thanks for the offer, though, you can keep your lonely safe place for yourself.
    I love how conservatives think liberals can't handle things.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Three so far:

Nope, no safe place with cry rooms and puppies needed for me. Unlike lefties, I understand that life can be unfair and face my problems head on. Thanks for the offer, though, you can keep your lonely safe place for yourself.
    Are you sure? You seem pretty triggered? There is plenty of room in my safe place for you.

Sometimes we all just need a big hug and a cry to get rid of all the anger. Puppies aren't so bad....do you hate puppies too?
    Yep, pretty sure, all yours :). Again, thanks for the offer though, I'll be sure and take it into consideration if I ever become a leftist millennial though.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Three so far:

Yep, pretty sure, all yours :). Again, thanks for the offer though, I'll be sure and take it into consideration if I ever become a leftist millennial though.
    Okay, the offer always stands. My room is large, big enough to fit all the scared people out there. No guns allowed though, not needed to feel safe.

Also, great work at trying to hit all the alt-right buzzwords. Very commendable.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Three so far:

I do find offense, but nope, no safe place with cry rooms and puppies needed for me. Unlike lefties, I understand that life can be unfair and face my problems head on. Thanks for the offer, though, you can keep your lonely safe place for yourself.
    Don't liberals want the government to handle things for them?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

Looks like PJsoul offended some white guys.

How would it be any different if the next president was black and I said "great another black president."
    I'd probably be fired if I said that on social media and a supervisory saw it. But complaining about someone being white and male is completely legitimate?
    Context often determines the degree as to whether something is racist or not. Flipping races in an example and then boo-hooing that it's taken differently isn't valid because the context is different in the flip. Old white guys have been central to government and power since the beginning. That is the context of her statement. Black people have been discriminated against and haven't been at the table like white guys. That's why "another black guy" comment would be received differently.
    I see your point, and think that is why my example would be considered more racist, or less acceptable. I still think criticizing someone's race and gender is by definition racist and sexist, especially since it was the only negative things said about them, and not that they are pro this or anti that, or that they like to type run-on sentences.
    Essentially it was said they were not deserving of the job because of their race and gender.

It seems to becoming more acceptable to criticize sex, gender and even religion if it fits the majority. I don't see the difference..
    It's prejudging because it fits the business as usual model. You have to understand the sentiment. The old white guys are mostly conservative and are seen as wanting to take the country backwards. This was trump's plan, and having three generals maintains this. Now, we should be open to being surprised. Maybe these guys are pacifists first, will encourage closing gitmo, and are anti-torture. We'll see.

And re:Muslims, people use the term "muslim terrorist" too loosely. That's the issue. It's also not an extension of the religion. Which is another issue. The same is not applied to Christians. Whether they fit the definition of Christian terrorist or act individually. The term "Christian terrorist" is rarely used.
    I get that, but then don't criticize them for being white and male, criticize them for being too conservative. But that was never mentioned, that is why it was offensive and prompted several immediate responses. When someone is criticized for their job before they even start it because they are white and male, seems like that is the backward step everyone is fearing about to me.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

How would it be any different if the next president was black and I said "great another black president."
    I'd probably be fired if I said that on social media and a supervisory saw it. But complaining about someone being white and male is completely legitimate?
    Context often determines the degree as to whether something is racist or not. Flipping races in an example and then boo-hooing that it's taken differently isn't valid because the context is different in the flip. Old white guys have been central to government and power since the beginning. That is the context of her statement. Black people have been discriminated against and haven't been at the table like white guys. That's why "another black guy" comment would be received differently.
    I see your point, and think that is why my example would be considered more racist, or less acceptable. I still think criticizing someone's race and gender is by definition racist and sexist, especially since it was the only negative things said about them, and not that they are pro this or anti that, or that they like to type run-on sentences.
    Essentially it was said they were not deserving of the job because of their race and gender.

It seems to becoming more acceptable to criticize sex, gender and even religion if it fits the majority. I don't see the difference..
    It's prejudging because it fits the business as usual model. You have to understand the sentiment. The old white guys are mostly conservative and are seen as wanting to take the country backwards. This was trump's plan, and having three generals maintains this. Now, we should be open to being surprised. Maybe these guys are pacifists first, will encourage closing gitmo, and are anti-torture. We'll see.

And re:Muslims, people use the term "muslim terrorist" too loosely. That's the issue. It's also not an extension of the religion. Which is another issue. The same is not applied to Christians. Whether they fit the definition of Christian terrorist or act individually. The term "Christian terrorist" is rarely used.
    I get that, but then don't criticize them for being white and male, criticize them for being too conservative. But that was never mentioned, that is why it was offensive and prompted several immediate responses. When someone is criticized for their job before they even start it because they are white and male, seems like that is the backward step everyone is fearing about to me.
    Only insecure white males would have found that comment offensive. I too look forward to a time when our representatives look more like the people they represent, there is nothing offensive about that.

Also, waiting for someone to "die out" is not the same is calling for their death.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Three so far:

Don't liberals want the government to handle things for them?
    That would be the myth conservatives want to believe. I think they believe this to build up their own identity around responsibility and independence. The truth is that you'll see people call on the government regardless of whether they're left, center, or right. I could list the big government republican policies, or how a republican president grows the government every time, or that rural conservatives partake in food stamps at a very high rate. I also see conservatives, at the same time, try to minimize the fact that we're all interconnected.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Three so far:

jfc asking for an era to die out is not a death threat.
    speaking as a future old angry white man, I look forward to when the Baby Boomers slip into irrelevancy. Unfortunately, the damage has been done.
    Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents Did at a Similar Age
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

Im actually one of those minorities you like to feel guilty about
  • Options
    dignin said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

Only insecure white males would have found that comment offensive. I too look forward to a time when our representatives look more like the people they represent, there is nothing offensive about that.

Also, waiting for someone to "die out" is not the same is calling for their death.
    So I guess that if someone were to say "I can't wait for California to fall into the ocean so that those liberal voters would die off", that is perfectly acceptable. Got it.
  • Options

Except nowhere is there any guilt in my posts.
  • Options

If that is the case, I would personally love to hear more about what you have to say.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

So I guess that if someone were to say "I can't wait for California to fall into the ocean so that those liberal voters would die off", that is perfectly acceptable. Got it.
    People have been saying that since the eighties. And while it's ignorant, I don't think anyone's offended by it. What do you think people are saying with the dumb comments about Hollywood elite and bay area liberals? People just eye roll when they hear it.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

Not what was said. Nice try though.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    PJPOWER said:

If that is the case, I would personally love to hear more about what you have to say.
    Im really not that interesting lol. Not a dem or a republican. Didnt vote for either of the clowns. Dealt with racism all of my life and this that and the third but life is good and most people on both sides are good. I just live, my friend :lol:
    Some folks here are just too out there for me i'd say.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    dignin said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

Its not offensive, its hypocritical.
  • Options
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

Not what was said. Nice try though.
    How is that different from someone saying "I can't wait for old white businessmen and politicians to die off"? Either way you are essentially saying that you wish a group of people were dead and shows a lack of regard for life. I would think it might be better to say "I can't wait for the people that I do not agree with to no longer be representing the US". Just so happens that the people pjsoul disagrees with are "old white males" because either they are old, white, or male or all of the above, not because she disagrees with their individual stances.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

People have been saying that since the eighties. And while it's ignorant, I don't think anyone's offended by it. What do you think people are saying with the dumb comments about Hollywood elite and bay area liberals? People just eye roll when they hear it.
    You're right, I should just eye roll and laugh it off as ignorance, but I just enjoy debating here so much, lol. I guess this is my safe place!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    PJPOWER said:

mace1229 said:

Except that she went a step further and stated that she wishes death upon elderly white businessmen and politicians. Is that type of rhetoric something that should be accepted by old, young, black, white, or anyone for that matter? Hell, that is way beyond any bigotry comments Trump has said about any group...
    you know full well what pjsoul meant. it wasn't wishing death on them, per say, it was wishing for the period of time in the future when those guys are gone. it was just a somewhat crude way to put it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-work-celebrity-apprentice-spare-time-adviser/story?id=44089485&cid=abcn_fb

So President Elect dipshit is going to be a part time producer? This is so beyond fucked up...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-work-celebrity-apprentice-spare-time-adviser/story?id=44089485&cid=abcn_fb

So President Elect dipshit is going to be a part time producer? This is so beyond fucked up...

"So beyond fucked up" describes just about every aspect of this situation.

Come January 20th a part-time TV producer is going to be Commander in Chief.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

"So beyond fucked up" describes just about every aspect of this situation.

Come January 20th a part-time TV producer is going to be Commander in Chief.
    No, a part time Commander in Chief is going be a TV producer. Get your facts straight. Jeesh.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    God Bless Mad Dog.

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."- Mad Dog Mattis

the hate around here is beyond deplorable lately. one thing i've learned through this forum is radical liberals are the most hateful humans on the planet. may the Legendary Mad Dog live to be 105, at least.....

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

Three so far:

Same number as Obama. How soon we forget.
    What are you even talking about here? This was a simple question that I answered.

Obama. Obama. Obama.
    That's right but the question was asked to insinuate that Trump was appointing too many generals. As one can see it is just nonsense.
  • Options

God Bless Mad Dog.

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."- Mad Dog Mattis

the hate around here is beyond deplorable lately. one thing i've learned through this forum is radical liberals are the most hateful humans on the planet. may the Legendary Mad Dog live to be 105, at least.....

You think radical liberals in here are the most hateful? More than the equivilent on the conservative side? Your lens is probably distorting what you're seeing.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

God Bless Mad Dog.

Accusing someone of being hateful almost never brings out the best in a person, and accusing someone of being hateful almost never changes a person's mind since a person is then forced to be guarded and defensive of their own opinion. In other words, accusing someone of being hateful around here is almost never value-added, and is at best value-neutral, and I think a best-case value-neutral statement is probably a statement not worth making.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

God Bless Mad Dog.

You think radical liberals in here are the most hateful? More than the equivilent on the conservative side? Your lens is probably distorting what you're seeing.
    i used to consider myself a liberal, but i'm embarrassed to associate myself with them anymore.
  • Options
    benjs said:

God Bless Mad Dog.

Accusing someone of being hateful almost never brings out the best in a person, and accusing someone of being hateful almost never changes a person's mind since a person is then forced to be guarded and defensive of their own opinion. In other words, accusing someone of being hateful around here is almost never value-added, and is at best value-neutral, and I think a best-case value-neutral statement is probably a statement not worth making.
    thank you for the advice.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJPOWER said:

mace1229 said:

Except that she went a step further and stated that she wishes death upon elderly white businessmen and politicians. Is that type of rhetoric something that should be accepted by old, young, black, white, or anyone for that matter? Hell, that is way beyond any bigotry comments Trump has said about any group...
    Eddie said the same thing during the Toronto show about a bigoted cab driver in Florida. Wanting to see an old way of thinking "die out" is not so offensive. I was certainly happy to see Castro go.
This discussion has been closed.