Options

What a fucking disaster

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.

We have just become the biggest joke on earth. Those of us who aren't laughing will dust ourselves off and work harder than ever to make things better again.

And yes, I voted third party but in a state where doing so had no affect on the outcome. As I said elsewhere, no way would I do that in another state. But elsewhere enough people did. Electing Trump was a temper tantrum that will bite his supporters in the ass so hard they won't know what hit them... at first. And then that orange man will become their fucking nightmare. Meanwhile, hopefully, the rest of us will be busy picking up the pieces.
    The third party vote had no impact. It was the people who did not vote at all who were the problem. "My vote just doesn't count" they say. "They're both awful" they say. "She's not the first woman I want" they say. Fuck all those people.

I am so pissed. My swing state delivered. We worked our asses off and did what we were supposed to do by a hair. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida . . . They're dumb ass failures. No wonder those states are so damned backwards in every way. We have a president who won an election by appealing to the dumbest among them, and I hope those states tank first before all the test of us -- except they're already shitty places to live so I guess those voters figured they have nothing to lose.
    From what I heard, the number of ballots cast for Gary Johnson in PA would have won Clinton the state if they had gone to her instead.... not sure about the other swing states. I am actually still too disgusted to read any of the post-election coverage. Everyone in my office feels the same way. Many are saying that they aren't going to travel to the US anymore and won't buy anything from the US either. They are simply too disgusted by the stupidity and irresponsibility to want anything to do with the US now, and by Trump himself and the Republican party in general that is now running the whole show, that they have decided to boycott. Not kidding, six different people have said that to me today, and it's only noon.
    That sucks, guess they won't have any PJ music if a new album comes out. Or maybe will they selectively boycott?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565

It really is sinking in that half of the US was willing to believe trump wont actually do the things he said he is going to do, or want him to do what he said he is going to do.

And if he does try to do those things, what the fuck are you guys going to say? "Its only 4 years. How much damage can he do?"

:anguished:

Imagine voting for someone who you say you believe isn't telling the truth about anything he says he's going to do. Crazy. I saw last night that Marco Rubio said that he doesn't think Trump can be trusted with the nuclear codes.... and that he voted for him anyway. What the fuck??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

my2hands said:

To downplay and dismiss the platform and statements made by the president elect is foolish and naive...

He stated he wanted a deportation force to deport 15 million people...

He stated he wanted to ban people from entering the country based on their religion

He stated he wanted to overturn Roe v Wade and women who have abortions should be punished

He could likely shift the balance of the supreme court which

Don't even get me started on his homophobic VP and the actual legislation he was able to pass as Governor

Clean the fucking wax out of your ears folks... and for the love of God dont act like it's cool to be indifferent and not give a shit right now... women's rights alone may have just taken a 50 year rollback

Solidarity, brother...
    You know what else is solid?
    The London 2013 boot.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

its like any other wednesday at my work. the above post confirms the ridiculous level of paranoia to the north.

How long did it take America to accept that black people were more than property (and then that they weren't all thieves and murderers)? That Mexicans weren't all illegal aliens and members of drug cartels? That Muslims weren't all terrorists? That women could do more than cook or clean? Donald Trump's rhetoric could be (by design) construed as accepting these old-world notions, and racists, sexists and xenophobes happily hide behind that ambiguity. This is a tremendous social regression.
    People can take on the civil responsibility of continuing to teach and demonstrate those social morals. That would be the strongest form of protest rather than chants, political intolerance and burning dumpsters.
    I think you're right, and I hope everyone rises to the occasion on that front.
    So we defy the laws that may come to be? We create an underground network so women can still have an abortion? We somehow work-around the increased monitoring of digital communication? We provide health insurance to those who lost it? etc.
    I'd rather focus my time and energy on reality.
    When you're desperate and need an abortion but there isn't any clinic to go to and you find yourself in the cleaning products aisle looking for alternatives, that's about as real as it gets. So is cervical cancer, which Planned Parenthood provides screening for. And I guess it will be pretty real for American-born children who are forced to leave their country because their parents were too scared of Immigration to get them their birth certificate.
    and you know all of this is imminent based on television ads? alittle dramatic up there today folks....
    What ads? We don't get US political ads normally. We get Canadian advertising unless we have American feeds, which I don't. I do know the role of abortion clinics, Planned Parenthood, how the lack of access to abortions and other women's healthcare impacts women, and that there are many illegal immigrants who never got birth certificates for their kids and that has resulted in deportations though, and that Trump made threats towards groups who should be worried... I watched the debates and international news coverage.

but do you know that they'll say anything to get elected. what they actually do is another story. when he actually eliminates planned parenthood, then we can talk about what a bad decision it is. when he actually breaks ground on a wall, then we'll discuss what a mess it is. you are operating on assumption. we dont know what he will be as President.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    You vote for someone hoping they are lying about their entire platform?

That really is a fucking disaster.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

You vote for someone hoping they are lying about their entire platform?

That really is a fucking disaster.

no.
  • Options
    i guess because im not scared to death about an election result from less than 24 hours ago, you assume i voted for trump?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JC29856 said:
    If...If...If....If....If the DNC hadn't fucked their own party there might have been a candidate proffered who would have beaten Trump. If the RNC had been successful in discrediting Trump, they would have had someone else on offer. If we weren't so locked into the establishment 2 party system we also wouldn't be in this mess. If...If...If... The author should look a little more deeply than just blaming a small percentage of 3rd party votes. We were the least of their problems.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

its like any other wednesday at my work. the above post confirms the ridiculous level of paranoia to the north.

How long did it take America to accept that black people were more than property (and then that they weren't all thieves and murderers)? That Mexicans weren't all illegal aliens and members of drug cartels? That Muslims weren't all terrorists? That women could do more than cook or clean? Donald Trump's rhetoric could be (by design) construed as accepting these old-world notions, and racists, sexists and xenophobes happily hide behind that ambiguity. This is a tremendous social regression.
    People can take on the civil responsibility of continuing to teach and demonstrate those social morals. That would be the strongest form of protest rather than chants, political intolerance and burning dumpsters.
    So we defy the laws that may come to be? We create an underground network so women can still have an abortion? We somehow work-around the increased monitoring of digital communication? We provide health insurance to those who lost it? etc.
    When you're desperate and need an abortion but there isn't any clinic to go to and you find yourself in the cleaning products aisle looking for alternatives, that's about as real as it gets. So is cervical cancer, which Planned Parenthood provides screening for. And I guess it will be pretty real for American-born children who are forced to leave their country because their parents were too scared of Immigration to get them their birth certificate.
    and you know all of this is imminent based on television ads? alittle dramatic up there today folks....
    What ads? We don't get US political ads normally. We get Canadian advertising unless we have American feeds, which I don't. I do know the role of abortion clinics, Planned Parenthood, how the lack of access to abortions and other women's healthcare impacts women, and that there are many illegal immigrants who never got birth certificates for their kids and that has resulted in deportations though, and that Trump made threats towards groups who should be worried... I watched the debates and international news coverage.

but do you know that they'll say anything to get elected. what they actually do is another story. when he actually eliminates planned parenthood, then we can talk about what a bad decision it is. when he actually breaks ground on a wall, then we'll discuss what a mess it is. you are operating on assumption. we dont know what he will be as President.
    Yes, silly me, talking about the entire platform of the man who was just elected. image
    Yeah, It remains to be seen what he does and doesn't do. But you know, I think it's prudent to really worry about what he's threatened to do (or just about the fact that he threatened it) than to under-react. Plus, even if he doesn't do any of those things... it's more than fair to be really concerned about what else he comes up with over the next 4 years. He's actually scary now, with a Republican senate and congress.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited November 2016

i guess because im not scared to death apathetic about an election result from less than 24 hours ago, you assume i voted for trump?

fixed
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:

To downplay and dismiss the platform and statements made by the president elect is foolish and naive...

He stated he wanted a deportation force to deport 15 million people...

He stated he wanted to ban people from entering the country based on their religion

He stated he wanted to overturn Roe v Wade and women who have abortions should be punished

He could likely shift the balance of the supreme court which

Don't even get me started on his homophobic VP and the actual legislation he was able to pass as Governor

Clean the fucking wax out of your ears folks... and for the love of God dont act like it's cool to be indifferent and not give a shit right now... women's rights alone may have just taken a 50 year rollback

Yes, and just the tip of the iceberg.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Just wait until they let the DEA loose and start raiding dispensaries and roll back state legalization efforts a decade

You can forget rescheduling
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:

Just wait until they let the DEA loose and start raiding dispensaries and roll back state legalization efforts a decade

That's one of my fears with a Trump presidency. Especially with wingmen like Pence, Christie and Giuliani. That's why Obama needs to step up right now and get it done. What the hell does he have to lose?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

muskydan said:

Time to start Fueling up your plane Donald and herd all those Dummy celebs out of the U.S.A ..….ALL ABOARD!!!!………….Jon Stewart, Amy Schumer, Miley Cyrus, Whoopi, Barbara Streisand, Cher, Samuel Jackson, George Lopez, and of course the biggest racist of all, AL SHARPTEN. HOPE and CHANGE, HOPE and CHANGE. I sure like the sound of that NOW.

I'd love to talk to the hamster that is running on the wheel inside your head.
    :lol:

that fucker is rabid for sure.
    I think Miley missed her flight.
    Last call - ALL ABOARD!!!
    "Donald Trump I accept you... And this is hard to say but I even accept you as the president of the United States and that's fine," she said.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/miley-cyrus-‘accepts’-trump-despite-promising-she-would-flee-us/ar-AAk6kbA?li=AAacUQk&ocid=spartandhp
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

i guess because im not scared to death apathetic about an election result from less than 24 hours ago, you assume i voted for trump?

fixed
    thanks for speaking for me. fucking know-it-all.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Yes, silly me, talking about the entire platform of the man who was just elected. image
    Yeah, It remains to be seen what he does and doesn't do. But you know, I think it's prudent to really worry about what he's threatened to do (or just about the fact that he threatened it) than to under-react. Plus, even if he doesn't do any of those things... it's more than fair to be really concerned about what else he comes up with over the next 4 years. He's actually scary now, with a Republican senate and congress.
    what DONT you know? the yellow faces are almost as annoying as you.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

:angry:
    :anguished:
    :bawling:
    :rofl:

:frowning:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

i guess because im not scared to death about an election result from less than 24 hours ago, you assume i voted for trump?

Over the years I have concluded lots of assumptions take place on these forums...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Are you only an asshole to Canadians, or do you smear your nastiness everywhere? :wink:

Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Need a good ol' Canadian hug?
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jeffbr said:

my2hands said:

That's one of my fears with a Trump presidency. Especially with wingmen like Pence, Christie and Giuliani. That's why Obama needs to step up right now and get it done. What the hell does he have to lose?
    He's only had 8 years to reschedule...big pharma...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Are you only an asshole to Canadians, or do you smear your nastiness everywhere? :wink:

do you think i care if you call me an asshole?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

what DONT you know? the yellow faces are almost as annoying as me.
    Fixed. :wink:
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Over the years I have concluded lots of assumptions take place on these forums...
    I asked a question. He answered it. Thats how conversations and discovery work.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

do you think i care if you call me an asshole?
  • Options

no, I made that assumption based on your defence of the decision to vote for him, and your apparent apathy as to the possible consequences, which seems to be a common theme amongst those that are supporters of his. But I stand by my comment. You were basically saying it was fine to vote for him since he will do none of what his platform was. Thats a pretty dangerous gamble to take, based on the content of the platform.

No one is scared to death. Enough of the dramatic BS already.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2016

no, I made that assumption based on your defence of the decision to vote for him, and your apparent apathy as to the possible consequences, which seems to be a common theme amongst those that are supporters of his. But I stand by my comment. You were basically saying it was fine to vote for him since he will do none of what his platform was. Thats a pretty dangerous gamble to take, based on the content of the platform.

Don't forget another common theme from a lot of Trump voters is they don't want to own it.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    We're all in high emotional states right now. Let's try to chill on the name calling and police ourselves as it looks like Kat is probably too overloaded to manage the board.
  • Options

We're all in high emotional states right now. Let's try to chill on the name calling and police ourselves as it looks like Kat is probably too overloaded to manage the board.

Who is all in high emotional states right now?
  • Options

where did i defend voting for Trump? what are you talking about? my point all day has been that the sky isnt falling. lets see what happens. i never once defended voting for trump. you and others on here cant understand that letting the process play out doesnt mean i voted for the fucking guy, and it doesnt mean im apathetic about possible consequences. my vote went to H. she lost. im not happy about it at all, but im not going to stomp my feet about it all day. im not like you. let it play out. im certainly not going to jump to a bunch of know-it-all conclusions based on "possible consequences". i dont need you, or anyone else to explain the possible outcomes to me. i completely understand whats potentially at stake. are you capable of understanding that everyone who voted for H doesnt have to be a paranoid radical less than 24 hours later?
This discussion has been closed.