Options

What a fucking disaster

123457»

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

i guess because im not scared to death about an election result from less than 24 hours ago, you assume i voted for trump?

no, I made that assumption based on your defence of the decision to vote for him, and your apparent apathy as to the possible consequences, which seems to be a common theme amongst those that are supporters of his. But I stand by my comment. You were basically saying it was fine to vote for him since he will do none of what his platform was. Thats a pretty dangerous gamble to take, based on the content of the platform.

No one is scared to death. Enough of the dramatic BS already.

i didnt basically say anything. i have no clue if he will come through or not with his threats, plans, whatever the fuck you want to call them.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    my2hands said:

Just wait until they let the DEA loose and start raiding dispensaries and roll back state legalization efforts a decade

You can forget rescheduling

Yep that's exactly what they will go after I agree ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

i guess because im not scared to death about an election result from less than 24 hours ago, you assume i voted for trump?

no, I made that assumption based on your defence of the decision to vote for him, and your apparent apathy as to the possible consequences, which seems to be a common theme amongst those that are supporters of his. But I stand by my comment. You were basically saying it was fine to vote for him since he will do none of what his platform was. Thats a pretty dangerous gamble to take, based on the content of the platform.

where did i defend voting for Trump? what are you talking about? my point all day has been that the sky isnt falling. lets see what happens. i never once defended voting for trump. you and others on here cant understand that letting the process play out doesnt mean i voted for the fucking guy, and it doesnt mean im apathetic about possible consequences. my vote went to H. she lost. im not happy about it at all, but im not going to stomp my feet about it all day. im not like you. let it play out. im certainly not going to jump to a bunch of know-it-all conclusions based on "possible consequences". i dont need you, or anyone else to explain the possible outcomes to me. i completely understand whats potentially at stake. are you capable of understanding that everyone who voted for H doesnt have to be a paranoid radical less than 24 hours later?
    I do understand it. You said you didnt when I asked. Jesus, calm the fuck down.

You arent like me? Really? I thought you knew me so well!

No one is stomping their feet. Im just getting tired of the "its ok, lets wait and see" approach. Thats how this fucker got elected. People need to wake the fuck up. If you arent concerned about this, and just eant to wait and see, then no, i disagree that you understand the severity of it all. Im not spreading fear. I dont think hes going to start ww3. But he wants to take away rights of people I know.

Its concerning. Hey, but yeah, lets just see what happens. Lets sit around and wait for the racial divide to get to unmanageable proportions. Lets just hope he doesnt inspire mass homophobia and violence against lgbtq.

Paranoid radical? yeah, im so radical for wanting rights and safety for people i care about.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

where did i defend voting for Trump? what are you talking about? my point all day has been that the sky isnt falling. lets see what happens. i never once defended voting for trump. you and others on here cant understand that letting the process play out doesnt mean i voted for the fucking guy, and it doesnt mean im apathetic about possible consequences. my vote went to H. she lost. im not happy about it at all, but im not going to stomp my feet about it all day. im not like you. let it play out. im certainly not going to jump to a bunch of know-it-all conclusions based on "possible consequences". i dont need you, or anyone else to explain the possible outcomes to me. i completely understand whats potentially at stake. are you capable of understanding that everyone who voted for H doesnt have to be a paranoid radical less than 24 hours later?

No one is stomping their feet. Im just getting tired of the "its ok, lets wait and see" approach. Thats how this fucker got elected. People need to wake the fuck up. If you arent concerned about this, and just eant to wait and see, then no, i disagree that you understand the severity of it all. Im not spreading fear. I dont think hes going to start ww3. But he wants to take away rights of people I know.

Its concerning. Hey, but yeah, lets just see what happens. Lets sit around and wait for the racial divide to get to unmanageable proportions. Lets just hope he doesnt inspire mass homophobia and violence against lgbtq.

Paranoid radical? yeah, im so radical for wanting rights and safety for people i care about.
    what would you like me to do about the outcome Hugh? enlighten me on how to change it now. do you think if all the things he proposed doing come to fruition that i too wont have friends/family affected? once again words being put in my mouth, i never said i wasnt concerned. i said let it play out. why cant you understand that? its been 26 hours since i voted, im disappointed, and i dont need foreigners telling me how to feel and stoking fear.

yes, you are a paranoid radical.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

i am calm Hugh. thats been my point all day. calm down.... you only seem to read what you want to read and interpret it how you want to.
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.

We have just become the biggest joke on earth. Those of us who aren't laughing will dust ourselves off and work harder than ever to make things better again.

And yes, I voted third party but in a state where doing so had no affect on the outcome. As I said elsewhere, no way would I do that in another state. But elsewhere enough people did. Electing Trump was a temper tantrum that will bite his supporters in the ass so hard they won't know what hit them... at first. And then that orange man will become their fucking nightmare. Meanwhile, hopefully, the rest of us will be busy picking up the pieces.
    The third party vote had no impact. It was the people who did not vote at all who were the problem. "My vote just doesn't count" they say. "They're both awful" they say. "She's not the first woman I want" they say. Fuck all those people.

I am so pissed. My swing state delivered. We worked our asses off and did what we were supposed to do by a hair. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida . . . They're dumb ass failures. No wonder those states are so damned backwards in every way. We have a president who won an election by appealing to the dumbest among them, and I hope those states tank first before all the test of us -- except they're already shitty places to live so I guess those voters figured they have nothing to lose.
    From what I heard, the number of ballots cast for Gary Johnson in PA would have won Clinton the state if they had gone to her instead.... not sure about the other swing states. I am actually still too disgusted to read any of the post-election coverage. Everyone in my office feels the same way. Many are saying that they aren't going to travel to the US anymore and won't buy anything from the US either. They are simply too disgusted by the stupidity and irresponsibility to want anything to do with the US now, and by Trump himself and the Republican party in general that is now running the whole show, that they have decided to boycott. Not kidding, six different people have said that to me today, and it's only noon.
    The problems with a hypothetical like that are 1) assuming ALL the votes for Gary Johnson would have gone to Hillary instead and 2) assuming ALL the people who voted for Gary Johnson would have still shown up at the polls. This is why blaming third party voters doesn't help anything. It's akin to those who harassed Nader voters in 2000. Again, it's the people who voted FOR Trump who made it possible for him to be elected President. Creating a division among Hillary voters and third-party voters is exactly the opposite of what either of those two camps needs right now. The two need to come together and focus on moving forward.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648

We're all in high emotional states right now. Let's try to chill on the name calling and police ourselves as it looks like Kat is probably too overloaded to manage the board.

Who is all in high emotional states right now?
    Correction: most. Your denial is muting your emotional response.
  • Options

We're all in high emotional states right now. Let's try to chill on the name calling and police ourselves as it looks like Kat is probably too overloaded to manage the board.

Who is all in high emotional states right now?
    Correction: most. Your denial is muting your emotional response.
    Am I missing something here?
    Your responses seem like pro bono student psychology advice.
  • Options
    Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    You all who lost should take your medicine, go upstairs and tell your parents nigh nigh
  • Options
    58% increase in food stamps for African Americans under Obama.

What the hell do you have to lose?
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,211
    The goddamn Apprentice is leader of the free world? I truly am living in a Terry Gilliam movie.
  • Options
    He is a genius
    A billionaire
    And the leader of the free world
    And the rest of it
  • Options
    Get on board the Trump Train
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    edited November 2016
    my2hands said:

To downplay and dismiss the platform and statements made by the president elect is foolish and naive...

He stated he wanted a deportation force to deport 15 million people...

He stated he wanted to ban people from entering the country based on their religion

He stated he wanted to overturn Roe v Wade and women who have abortions should be punished

He could likely shift the balance of the supreme court which

Don't even get me started on his homophobic VP and the actual legislation he was able to pass as Governor

Clean the fucking wax out of your ears folks... and for the love of God dont act like it's cool to be indifferent and not give a shit right now... women's rights alone may have just taken a 50 year rollback

"He stated he wanted a deportation force to deport 15 million people..."
    He wants to deport ILLEGAL CRIMINALS and make a path for those who aren't violent.

"He stated he wanted to ban people from entering the country based on their religion "
    He said he wants a TEMPORARY ban on Muslims traveling to the US until they can find a way to better vent them. Terrible idea I agree, but not as bad as its made out to be since he's since retracted it saying he will just implement better tactics to find terrorists.

"He stated he wanted to overturn Roe v Wade and women who have abortions should be punished"
    He wants to leave it to the states. And his hypothetical answer to punish women was a reluctant answer to a hypothetical situation he didn't even agree to begin with. So its completely irrelevant.

"He could likely shift the balance of the supreme court which"
    So would Hilary or anyone else elected. That's the point of being president and appointing justices.

"Don't even get me started on his homophobic VP and the actual legislation he was able to pass as Governor"
    Okay, I won't.
  • Options
    I just don't want creeps going into the wrong bathrooms for starters

Woot
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,554

Definitely overloaded which is allowing the racists and anti-semites to post all their hateful and ignorant rhetoric.
  • Options
    Tell the teacher nark

Ha
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

It really is sinking in that half of the US was willing to believe trump wont actually do the things he said he is going to do, or want him to do what he said he is going to do.

And if he does try to do those things, what the fuck are you guys going to say? "Its only 4 years. How much damage can he do?"

:anguished:

Buyers remorse
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    my2hands said:

Just wait until they let the DEA loose and start raiding dispensaries and roll back state legalization efforts a decade

You can forget rescheduling

Legal pot was just shits and giggles. That's the least of our worries now....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options

what would you like me to do about the outcome Hugh? enlighten me on how to change it now. do you think if all the things he proposed doing come to fruition that i too wont have friends/family affected? once again words being put in my mouth, i never said i wasnt concerned. i said let it play out. why cant you understand that? its been 26 hours since i voted, im disappointed, and i dont need foreigners telling me how to feel and stoking fear.

You obviously have zero clue who i am if you are obtuse enough to call me a paranoid radical. But whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191 said:

It really is sinking in that half of the US was willing to believe trump wont actually do the things he said he is going to do, or want him to do what he said he is going to do.

And if he does try to do those things, what the fuck are you guys going to say? "Its only 4 years. How much damage can he do?"

:anguished:

Buyers remorse
    Actually, to correct my earlier statement, a quarter of the US. 48.9% of eligible voters DID NOT VOTE. fucking idiots. And now The Great Pumpkin is their leader.

:murica:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

You obviously have zero clue who i am if you are obtuse enough to call me a paranoid radical. But whatever floats your boat, I guess.

youre right. who are you, Hugh?
  • Options

youre right. who are you, Hugh?
    Lead singer of The Headstones.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.