Options

What a fucking disaster

Comments

• Options

benjs said:

benjs said:

its like any other wednesday at my work. the above post confirms the ridiculous level of paranoia to the north.

How long did it take America to accept that black people were more than property (and then that they weren't all thieves and murderers)? That Mexicans weren't all illegal aliens and members of drug cartels? That Muslims weren't all terrorists? That women could do more than cook or clean? Donald Trump's rhetoric could be (by design) construed as accepting these old-world notions, and racists, sexists and xenophobes happily hide behind that ambiguity. This is a tremendous social regression.
    People can take on the civil responsibility of continuing to teach and demonstrate those social morals. That would be the strongest form of protest rather than chants, political intolerance and burning dumpsters.
    I think you're right, and I hope everyone rises to the occasion on that front.
    So we defy the laws that may come to be? We create an underground network so women can still have an abortion? We somehow work-around the increased monitoring of digital communication? We provide health insurance to those who lost it? etc.
    I'd rather focus my time and energy on reality.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565

benjs said:

benjs said:

its like any other wednesday at my work. the above post confirms the ridiculous level of paranoia to the north.

How long did it take America to accept that black people were more than property (and then that they weren't all thieves and murderers)? That Mexicans weren't all illegal aliens and members of drug cartels? That Muslims weren't all terrorists? That women could do more than cook or clean? Donald Trump's rhetoric could be (by design) construed as accepting these old-world notions, and racists, sexists and xenophobes happily hide behind that ambiguity. This is a tremendous social regression.
    People can take on the civil responsibility of continuing to teach and demonstrate those social morals. That would be the strongest form of protest rather than chants, political intolerance and burning dumpsters.
    So we defy the laws that may come to be? We create an underground network so women can still have an abortion? We somehow work-around the increased monitoring of digital communication? We provide health insurance to those who lost it? etc.
    When you're desperate and need an abortion but there isn't any clinic to go to and you find yourself in the cleaning products aisle looking for alternatives, that's about as real as it gets. So is cervical cancer, which Planned Parenthood provides screening for. And I guess it will be pretty real for American-born children who are forced to leave their country because their parents were too scared of Immigration to get them their birth certificate.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.

We have just become the biggest joke on earth. Those of us who aren't laughing will dust ourselves off and work harder than ever to make things better again.

And yes, I voted third party but in a state where doing so had no affect on the outcome. As I said elsewhere, no way would I do that in another state. But elsewhere enough people did. Electing Trump was a temper tantrum that will bite his supporters in the ass so hard they won't know what hit them... at first. And then that orange man will become their fucking nightmare. Meanwhile, hopefully, the rest of us will be busy picking up the pieces.
    The third party vote had no impact. It was the people who did not vote at all who were the problem. "My vote just doesn't count" they say. "They're both awful" they say. "She's not the first woman I want" they say. Fuck all those people.

I am so pissed. My swing state delivered. We worked our asses off and did what we were supposed to do by a hair. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida . . . They're dumb ass failures. No wonder those states are so damned backwards in every way. We have a president who won an election by appealing to the dumbest among them, and I hope those states tank first before all the test of us -- except they're already shitty places to live so I guess those voters figured they have nothing to lose.
    From what I heard, the number of ballots cast for Gary Johnson in PA would have won Clinton the state if they had gone to her instead.... not sure about the other swing states. I am actually still too disgusted to read any of the post-election coverage. Everyone in my office feels the same way. Many are saying that they aren't going to travel to the US anymore and won't buy anything from the US either. They are simply too disgusted by the stupidity and irresponsibility to want anything to do with the US now, and by Trump himself and the Republican party in general that is now running the whole show, that they have decided to boycott. Not kidding, six different people have said that to me today, and it's only noon.
    even with those 20 votes trump still takes it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

When you're desperate and need an abortion but there isn't any clinic to go to and you find yourself in the cleaning products aisle looking for alternatives, that's about as real as it gets. So is cervical cancer, which Planned Parenthood provides screening for. And I guess it will be pretty real for American-born children who are forced to leave their country because their parents were too scared of Immigration to get them their birth certificate.
    and you know all of this is imminent based on television ads? alittle dramatic up there today folks....
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

and you know all of this is imminent based on television ads? alittle dramatic up there today folks....
    It's based on what Trump has said. Were you paying attention the past year?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Do most people think Trump will go through with his campaign promises?

I hope he does go for it would love for him to start rounding illegals & Muslims to deport them and I hope he goes for the wall , just wanna see what the reaction of this country would look like ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,835
    lukin2006 said:

Its not even fucking close to a disaster, what happened in the middle east is disaster, perspective people...

right, say what you will about the end result , but the reality is our experiement has once again worked in the peaceful transition of power.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

What ads? We don't get US political ads normally. We get Canadian advertising unless we have American feeds, which I don't. I do know the role of abortion clinics, Planned Parenthood, how the lack of access to abortions and other women's healthcare impacts women, and that there are many illegal immigrants who never got birth certificates for their kids and that has resulted in deportations though, and that Trump made threats towards groups who should be worried... I watched the debates and international news coverage.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    pjalive21 said:

ComeToTX said:

We're a racist, homophobic, pussy grabbing, sexist, climate change denying country. Sad but true.

Sucks that your criminal operation and gravy train is over...call Trump what you want but go back to be a tin foil climate changing fool
    You are a climate change denier??? Ahahahahahahaha. That says it all!!!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

pjalive21 said:

ComeToTX said:

We're a racist, homophobic, pussy grabbing, sexist, climate change denying country. Sad but true.

Sucks that your criminal operation and gravy train is over...call Trump what you want but go back to be a tin foil climate changing fool

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

lukin2006 said:

Its not even fucking close to a disaster, what happened in the middle east is disaster, perspective people...

right, say what you will about the end result , but the reality is our experiement has once again worked in the peaceful transition of power.
    Agreed, and if the public wants something different in 4 years, the same thing will happen. Theres no need to resort to acting like the sky is falling 16 hours after the election has ended. It's just fear of change. People are acting like Trump is the new Hitler like when people seriously were worried that Obama was the antichrist in 2008.
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

lukin2006 said:

Agreed, and if the public wants something different in 4 years, the same thing will happen. Theres no need to resort to acting like the sky is falling 16 hours after the election has ended. It's just fear of change. People are acting like Trump is the new Hitler like when people seriously were worried that Obama was the antichrist in 2008.
    Try being a member of one of the groups who he actually threatens and let me know if you feel differently.
  • Options
    Will do.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

lukin2006 said:

Try being a member of one of the groups who he actually threatens and let me know if you feel differently.
    Trump seems like a used cars salesman to me. He might've just been saying the right shit to get into office. He's there to make himself rich and to leave himself a legacy that's greater than his name on the side of a tower.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

lukin2006 said:

Trump seems like a used cars salesman to me. He might've just been saying the right shit to get into office. He's there to make himself rich and to leave himself a legacy that's greater than his name on the side of a tower.
    Sexually assaulting women and being a constant misogynist for decades isn't just saying shit. His election is an insult to women and he is a TERRIBLE role model for boys and men. Someone like his being POTUS actually is harmful to women at large IMO, and children (and any man worth anything, for that matter). The sad thing is that there are actually women who were stupid enough to vote for him out there. A lot of them. It's like black people voting for George Wallace FFS.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited November 2016
    To downplay and dismiss the platform and statements made by the president elect is foolish and naive...

He stated he wanted a deportation force to deport 15 million people...

He stated he wanted to ban people from entering the country based on their religion

He stated he wanted to overturn Roe v Wade and women who have abortions should be punished

He could likely shift the balance of the supreme court which

Don't even get me started on his homophobic VP and the actual legislation he was able to pass as Governor

Clean the fucking wax out of your ears folks... and for the love of God dont act like it's cool to be indifferent and not give a shit right now... women's rights alone may have just taken a 50 year rollback
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    my2hands said:

To downplay and dismiss the platform and statements made by the president elect is foolish and naive...

He stated he wanted to ban people from entering the country based on their religion

He stated he wanted to overturn Roe v Wade and women who have abortions should be punished

Don't even get me started on his homophobic VP and the actual legislation he was able to pass as Governor

Clean the fucking wax out of your ears folks... and for the love of God dont act like it's cool to be indifferent and not give a shit right now

This. Fucking this
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Clean the fucking wax out of your ears folks... and for the love of God dont act like it's cool to be indifferent and not give a shit right now... women's rights alone may have just taken a 50 year rollback

Solidarity, brother...
  • Options
    edited November 2016

my2hands said:

Clean the fucking wax out of your ears folks... and for the love of God dont act like it's cool to be indifferent and not give a shit right now

This. Fucking this
    Abso-fucking-lutely. Thank you. This is why I am not bothered in the slightest by all these people trying to make me feel bad about being disgusted and baffled and offended and pissed off at everyone who made it happen. They are the ostriches at best. In total denial. Either that, or they are actually misogynist, racist, bigots. Not too many of those around here, luckily.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Keep thinking it's about Trump and the presidency if you wish to take that narrow view. In my view, THIS is the disaster. https://c-span.org/video/?418335-1/senate-majority-leader-mitch-mcconnell-holds-news-conference And then there is THIS. https://www.c-span.org/video/?418325-1/house-speaker-paul-ryan-holds-postelection-news-conference
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    my2hands said:

BINGO.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This orange cock sucker doesn't speak for me as an American... and I'm not going off quietly into the night
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

pjalive21 said:

ComeToTX said:

I received a "Save the Bees" petition in my inbox today. I didn't bother signing it, since none of our new leaders in government believe in bees.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:

:clap:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    my2hands said:

This & bingo.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    my2hands said:

This orange cock sucker doesn't speak for me as an American... and I'm not going off quietly into the night

Good for you. Too many Americans seem to be reacting with "let's all give Trump the benefit of the doubt. Don't overreact, friend! Everything will be okay!" :angry: Are you people crazy?? Decent Americans should be rallying the troops right now (figuratively), thinking about defying this craziness, and about how to oppose what Trump and the rest of the wackos that have now taken over the government from carrying through with all their threats. Not singing Kumbaya with Trump fans so that they don't have to deal with their real feelings.
    I mean Jesus. Everyone knows what the state of the Republican party is right now and how nuts most off the main players are at the moment ... and somehow the Republicans were just chosen to run the whole fucking show without opposition. Am I having a nightmare??
  • Options
    But.....but.....emails. Jesus fucking christ! She sent emails!

:anguished:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

pjalive21 said:

ComeToTX said:

I received a "Save the Bees" petition in my inbox today. I didn't bother signing it, since none of our new leaders in government believe in bees.

Lol.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It really is sinking in that half of the US was willing to believe trump wont actually do the things he said he is going to do, or want him to do what he said he is going to do.

And if he does try to do those things, what the fuck are you guys going to say? "Its only 4 years. How much damage can he do?"

:anguished:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.