Options

What a fucking disaster

Comments

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    It has been on PBS and by the Associated Press. Trump is on his way to give a speech.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

Has it been declared? I haven't turned my tv on and I only see 254 electoral online for Trump now.

Not yet.
    Ok, I'm going back to bed.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

It is a good thing that a term is four years. Take deep breaths and exhale. It will be okay.

Or inhale for my state because pot is legal! Trump can pry my joint and Pink Floyd albums from my cold dead hands. Ha ha charade he is.
    Nobody who has stuck around knows your Animals reference. Youd do better with Wang dang sweet poontang.
    Come on. You really think most on this board are Radio Disney loving millennials who only know The Wall and DSOTM? It was even referenced on a South Park episode. Just saying.
  • Options

The feds will be confiscating and burning the pot plants. Are you not aware of the consequences what just happened to our country. Backwards. All of it. Including the pot.

He can pry it from my cold dead hands to paraphrase Heston.
  • Options
    JoelMacJoelMac Ball State Posts: 5
    They're calling it. The world changes now. I'm sacred for my own future, the future of my minority, LGBTQ, and non-christian friends, I fear for my future family, and the future of our world. I'm not here to start fights, I'm just hear to say that I am scared, which I believe is my right. Good night, and good luck friends.
    Milwaukee '14
    Wrigley 2 '16
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Did I miss Hilliary concession speech?
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    JC29856 said:

I don't think she gave one ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    JoelMac said:

They're calling it. The world changes now. I'm sacred for my own future, the future of my minority, LGBTQ, and non-christian friends, I fear for my future family, and the future of our world. I'm not here to start fights, I'm just hear to say that I am scared, which I believe is my right. Good night, and good luck friends.

You're in good company, JoelMac. This is the time to be together and give each other a boost. Many of us will freak out big time for a while. We will get angry as well. But best not to be consumed by that anger. Use is as an energy to turn what you believe is harmful or evil in on itself or to create something good, useful or something to enjoy.

Hope to see you around here on AMT some more!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited November 2016
    Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ_Soul said:

Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.

Russia and 3rd parties
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Well, I think George Bush might have been the bigger mistake that we know about at this point.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    PJ_Soul said:

We have just become the biggest joke on earth. Those of us who aren't laughing will dust ourselves off and work harder than ever to make things better again.

And yes, I voted third party but in a state where doing so had no affect on the outcome. As I said elsewhere, no way would I do that in another state. But elsewhere enough people did. Electing Trump was a temper tantrum that will bite his supporters in the ass so hard they won't know what hit them... at first. And then that orange man will become their fucking nightmare. Meanwhile, hopefully, the rest of us will be busy picking up the pieces.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JoelMac said:

Wow.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    JoelMac said:

Why should you fear, there should only be fear if you are a sinner ....
    and if you fear trump bc he may cause harm and death just remember
    he can't take away your grace in goodness and that if you die, you die
    doing good and you will live again bc he has no power of your redemption
    only power of your present life of what YOU allow him to....
  • Options
    JoelMac said:

Now is a great time to meet with relatives you care for more than ever. I have cousins on my dads side I reconnected with on FB and haven't seen in over 2 decades and they hate him too. Thinking of taking the metrolink to visit since I don't drive.

Oddly enough those cousins saw EV at the Ohana Festival.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:

Maybe they shouldn't have screwed Sanders over.

I felt the same way in 2012.
  • Options
    Divide and conquer...nothing more nothing less

Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

We have just become the biggest joke on earth. Those of us who aren't laughing will dust ourselves off and work harder than ever to make things better again.

And yes, I voted third party but in a state where doing so had no affect on the outcome. As I said elsewhere, no way would I do that in another state. But elsewhere enough people did. Electing Trump was a temper tantrum that will bite his supporters in the ass so hard they won't know what hit them... at first. And then that orange man will become their fucking nightmare. Meanwhile, hopefully, the rest of us will be busy picking up the pieces.
    The third party vote had no impact. It was the people who did not vote at all who were the problem. "My vote just doesn't count" they say. "They're both awful" they say. "She's not the first woman I want" they say. Fuck all those people.

I am so pissed. My swing state delivered. We worked our asses off and did what we were supposed to do by a hair. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida . . . They're dumb ass failures. No wonder those states are so damned backwards in every way. We have a president who won an election by appealing to the dumbest among them, and I hope those states tank first before all the test of us -- except they're already shitty places to live so I guess those voters figured they have nothing to lose.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,554
    bootleg said:

This is sad. I guess I don't live in the country I thought I did. A huge blow for those of us who believe in equality, tolerance, and decency.

But a big win for those who believe in fear, hate, and ignorance

Sad day America :bawling:
  • Options
    I mea

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

The third party vote had no impact. It was the people who did not vote at all who were the problem. "My vote just doesn't count" they say. "They're both awful" they say. "She's not the first woman I want" they say. Fuck all those people.

I am so pissed. My swing state delivered. We worked our asses off and did what we were supposed to do by a hair. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida . . . They're dumb ass failures. No wonder those states are so damned backwards in every way. We have a president who won an election by appealing to the dumbest among them, and I hope those states tank first before all the test of us -- except they're already shitty places to live so I guess those voters figured they have nothing to lose.
    It's there right not to vote, Other than municipal elections I don't vote,..for some of us it's simple the system doesn't work for some us...

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612

It is a good thing that a term is four years. Take deep breaths and exhale. It will be okay.

Or inhale for my state because pot is legal! Trump can pry my joint and Pink Floyd albums from my cold dead hands. Ha ha charade he is.
    Wait until Attorney General Chris Christie ends "the pot party".
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,554
    From David Remnick....

There are, inevitably, miseries to come: an increasingly reactionary Supreme Court; an emboldened right-wing Congress; a President whose disdain for women and minorities, civil liberties and scientific fact, to say nothing of simple decency, has been repeatedly demonstrated. Trump is vulgarity unbounded, a knowledge-free national leader who will not only set markets tumbling but will strike fear into the hearts of the vulnerable, the weak, and, above all, the many varieties of Other whom he has so deeply insulted. The African-American Other. The Hispanic Other. The female Other. The Jewish and Muslim Other. The most hopeful way to look at this grievous event—and it’s a stretch—is that this election and the years to follow will be a test of the strength, or the fragility, of American institutions. It will be a test of our seriousness and resolve.
  • Options

From David Remnick....

There are, inevitably, miseries to come: an increasingly reactionary Supreme Court; an emboldened right-wing Congress; a President whose disdain for women and minorities, civil liberties and scientific fact, to say nothing of simple decency, has been repeatedly demonstrated. Trump is vulgarity unbounded, a knowledge-free national leader who will not only set markets tumbling but will strike fear into the hearts of the vulnerable, the weak, and, above all, the many varieties of Other whom he has so deeply insulted. The African-American Other. The Hispanic Other. The female Other. The Jewish and Muslim Other. The most hopeful way to look at this grievous event—and it’s a stretch—is that this election and the years to follow will be a test of the strength, or the fragility, of American institutions. It will be a test of our seriousness and resolve.

It sucks to lose, but to inflate the county with fear, what does that do? The world isn't over, the country isn't yet doomed. R-E-L-A-X.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

I don't think she gave one ...
    She was sleeping at 3am.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,839
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Has it been declared? I haven't turned my tv on and I only see 254 electoral online for Trump now.

Not yet.

college doesnt vote til december. they arent bound by the electorate choice.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Not yet.

That won't happen. It would start a war.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,839
    unsung said:

mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Not yet.

Maybe, but them's the rules arent they? IF they choose to go along, then I say abolish it. Its not working as intended.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Sure it is, we were never supposed to be a democracy.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Not yet.

Maybe, but them's the rules arent they? IF they choose to go along, then I say abolish it. Its not working as intended.
    Actually that is my entire reason and what I have been saying for months. It is not working, so I quit participating. Voting will not fix $21T in debt.
  • Options

Nobody who has stuck around knows your Animals reference. Youd do better with Wang dang sweet poontang.
    Come on. You really think most on this board are Radio Disney loving millennials who only know The Wall and DSOTM? It was even referenced on a South Park episode. Just saying.
    I'm saying most sticking around the boards at that point wouldn't know Pink Floyd as much as they'd know Ted Nugent.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
This discussion has been closed.