Options

What a fucking disaster

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,246

As a Minnesotan who had to deal with Ventura....it's all fun, games and changing of the status quo for about 8 months...then reality and consequences start to show up.

Agreed. I was an idiot college student back then.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    WOOT!!!!
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Friday13 said:

WOOT!!!!

The official language of morons and half wits everywhere!
  • Options

Friday13 said:

WOOT!!!!

Insert Trump picture here.
  • Options

Friday13 said:

WOOT!!!!

Get on board, man. As just demonstrated... morons and half wits are easily half the population. Intelligence is far from widespread. I mean... look at the warning labels we have to produce.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Friday13 said:

WOOT!!!!

Get on board, man. As just demonstrated... morons and half wits are easily half the population. Intelligence is far from widespread. I mean... look at the warning labels we have to produce.
    You don't need to explain it to me. I live in AZ, a state that is regularly at the bottom of education rankings in our country. I'm thankful I didn't go to school here.

• Options
    This is what we can look forward to. Nice job America.

http://ritholtz.com/2016/11/miss-me-no/
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    tbergs said:

This is what we can look forward to. Nice job America.

http://ritholtz.com/2016/11/miss-me-no/

America? you mean DNC
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better to blame this on the DNC, go ahead. People don't think about how they're giving totalitarian power by voting a certain way. I don't follow party lines. I look to balance power when I vote when considering candidate's values.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    muskydan said:

Time to start Fueling up your plane Donald and herd all those Dummy celebs out of the U.S.A ..….ALL ABOARD!!!!………….Jon Stewart, Amy Schumer, Miley Cyrus, Whoopi, Barbara Streisand, Cher, Samuel Jackson, George Lopez, and of course the biggest racist of all, AL SHARPTEN. HOPE and CHANGE, HOPE and CHANGE. I sure like the sound of that NOW.

I'd love to talk to the hamster that is running on the wheel inside your head.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

muskydan said:

Time to start Fueling up your plane Donald and herd all those Dummy celebs out of the U.S.A ..….ALL ABOARD!!!!………….Jon Stewart, Amy Schumer, Miley Cyrus, Whoopi, Barbara Streisand, Cher, Samuel Jackson, George Lopez, and of course the biggest racist of all, AL SHARPTEN. HOPE and CHANGE, HOPE and CHANGE. I sure like the sound of that NOW.

:lol:

that fucker is rabid for sure.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.

Let's get one thing straight: this is NOT the fault of third party voters. Not in any way, shape, or form. That finger pointing blame game needs to stop. It will only create more division, which is exactly the opposite of what we need. While I understand people are upset, angry, disgusted at Donald Trump being elected, the blame for that can only be pointed at one group of people - those who voted for Trump. No one who voted for a third party candidate wanted to see Trump elected, either. Unity, positivity, and creativity are the only things that can triumph over what transpired last night. Pointing fingers at others does not help, it only fuels the Trump fire.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:

Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.

Let's get one thing straight: this is NOT the fault of third party voters. Not in any way, shape, or form. That finger pointing blame game needs to stop. It will only create more division, which is exactly the opposite of what we need. While I understand people are upset, angry, disgusted at Donald Trump being elected, the blame for that can only be pointed at one group of people - those who voted for Trump. No one who voted for a third party candidate wanted to see Trump elected, either. Unity, positivity, and creativity are the only things that can triumph over what transpired last night. Pointing fingers at others does not help, it only fuels the Trump fire.
    Bullshit. There was a choice to be made, if you passed the buck rather than making that choice, you need to own it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Bullshit. There was a choice to be made, if you passed the buck rather than making that choice, you need to own it.
    He is owning it. No one should have to compromise their vote. I didn't want Trump either, but I don't blame the third party voters. If more people voted on values, I don't think either of them would be the winner.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's not bullshit. People who voted for Trump made Trump President. Plain and simple.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

What Trump fire are you talking about?
    Trump won because of all the fence sitting independents that did not vote who do nothing for society except give a play by play of the doom and gloom of the planet.
    Trump won because the majority of America is lazy and likes their sleep.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.
  • Options
    unsung said:

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.
    I didn't see any people packing like they said they would when Obama was elected. Twice.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.
    I didn't see any people packing like they said they would when Obama was elected. Twice.
    Maybe not, but it was nowhere near as vocal. I guess of the few positives I see as a result of this election...

1. SJW tears.
    2. No more Hillary Clinton...ever.
    3. Possibly an audit of the Federal Reserve.
    4. Repeal of bad laws.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.
    Maybe not, but it was nowhere near as vocal. I guess of the few positives I see as a result of this election...

1. SJW tears.
    4. Repeal of bad laws.
    Let's hope for the best, but I'll keep my expectations extremely low.
  • Options
    Maybe the DNC could have choose a better candidate? Someone who was not anointed to be the next POTUS. Someone who came with a ton of baggage. She even admitted in her speech today that the country was more divided then she thought. Perhaps if she had people who would tell her the truth instead of Yes Ma'ams this would have been different too.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648

unsung said:

unsung said:

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.

1. SJW tears.
    4. Repeal of bad laws.
    Maybe we're entering a part of our nation's history that historians will refer to as the "low expectations phase".
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.

1. SJW tears.
    4. Repeal of bad laws.
    Maybe we're entering a part of our nation's history that historians will refer to as the "low expectations phase".
    Nothing done would be a start. We have enough laws. I'll take four years of nothing.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.

1. SJW tears.
    4. Repeal of bad laws.
    Nothing done would be a start. We have enough laws. I'll take four years of nothing.
    A narcissistic authoritarian just took the wheel, so, I'm not sure about nothing happening, but I have hope!
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.

1. SJW tears.
    4. Repeal of bad laws.
    A narcissistic authoritarian just took the wheel, so, I'm not sure about nothing happening, but I have hope!
    Socially I think it could degrade, but Russia just reached out and wants to be friends again.

That is yuge, YUGE!

No, seriously, that makes me very happy.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

muskydan said:

A promise is a promise.

1. SJW tears.
    4. Repeal of bad laws.
    Socially I think it could degrade, but Russia just reached out and wants to be friends again.

That is yuge, YUGE!

No, seriously, that makes me very happy.
    agree, bigly, big league
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Friday13 said:

WOOT!!!!

Perry Farrell was right. Idiots rule.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

I voted 3rd party. My vote was inconsequential, as predicted. My state was/is solidly blue, and neither my vote nor my state contributed to this.

The real problem is that both the DNC and RNC tried hard to subvert their own populist candidates. The DNC was more organized and successfully colluded with the Clinton campaign to make sure she got the nomination. The RNC was completely disorganized, and no matter how much they tried, they couldn't get someone other than Trump nominated. So in the end you had a populist candidate running against an establishment candidate, and the populist won. Had the DNC not worked so tirelessly against their party's populist choice, perhaps the results would have been different. The partisans, and the parties were the problem in this race. The two party system doesn't represent us, and doesn't work. I'm completely shocked, angered and disheartened by the result of this election, but it isn't the 3rd party voters who fucked us.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Its not even fucking close to a disaster, what happened in the middle east is disaster, perspective people...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited November 2016

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

We have just become the biggest joke on earth. Those of us who aren't laughing will dust ourselves off and work harder than ever to make things better again.

And yes, I voted third party but in a state where doing so had no affect on the outcome. As I said elsewhere, no way would I do that in another state. But elsewhere enough people did. Electing Trump was a temper tantrum that will bite his supporters in the ass so hard they won't know what hit them... at first. And then that orange man will become their fucking nightmare. Meanwhile, hopefully, the rest of us will be busy picking up the pieces.
    The third party vote had no impact. It was the people who did not vote at all who were the problem. "My vote just doesn't count" they say. "They're both awful" they say. "She's not the first woman I want" they say. Fuck all those people.

I am so pissed. My swing state delivered. We worked our asses off and did what we were supposed to do by a hair. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida . . . They're dumb ass failures. No wonder those states are so damned backwards in every way. We have a president who won an election by appealing to the dumbest among them, and I hope those states tank first before all the test of us -- except they're already shitty places to live so I guess those voters figured they have nothing to lose.
    From what I heard, the number of ballots cast for Gary Johnson in PA would have won Clinton the state if they had gone to her instead.... not sure about the other swing states. I am actually still too disgusted to read any of the post-election coverage. Everyone in my office feels the same way. Many are saying that they aren't going to travel to the US anymore and won't buy anything from the US either. They are simply too disgusted by the stupidity and irresponsibility to want anything to do with the US now, and by Trump himself and the Republican party in general that is now running the whole show, that they have decided to boycott. Not kidding, six different people have said that to me today, and it's only noon.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.