Options

What a fucking disaster

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.

We have just become the biggest joke on earth. Those of us who aren't laughing will dust ourselves off and work harder than ever to make things better again.

And yes, I voted third party but in a state where doing so had no affect on the outcome. As I said elsewhere, no way would I do that in another state. But elsewhere enough people did. Electing Trump was a temper tantrum that will bite his supporters in the ass so hard they won't know what hit them... at first. And then that orange man will become their fucking nightmare. Meanwhile, hopefully, the rest of us will be busy picking up the pieces.
    The third party vote had no impact. It was the people who did not vote at all who were the problem. "My vote just doesn't count" they say. "They're both awful" they say. "She's not the first woman I want" they say. Fuck all those people.

I am so pissed. My swing state delivered. We worked our asses off and did what we were supposed to do by a hair. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida . . . They're dumb ass failures. No wonder those states are so damned backwards in every way. We have a president who won an election by appealing to the dumbest among them, and I hope those states tank first before all the test of us -- except they're already shitty places to live so I guess those voters figured they have nothing to lose.
    From what I heard, the number of ballots cast for Gary Johnson in PA would have won Clinton the state if they had gone to her instead.... not sure about the other swing states. I am actually still too disgusted to read any of the post-election coverage. Everyone in my office feels the same way. Many are saying that they aren't going to travel to the US anymore and won't buy anything from the US either. They are simply too disgusted by the stupidity and irresponsibility to want anything to do with the US now, and by Trump himself and the Republican party in general that is now running the whole show, that they have decided to boycott. Not kidding, six different people have said that to me today, and it's only noon.
    fare thee well....
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, this is what symbolically voting for hopeless 3rd parties when there is an obvious candidate to stop gets you America. Enjoy the biggest mistake you ever collectively made. I am revolted by your choice along with the rest of the world. How shameful. I am also very sad for those who knew better but are stuck in this mess anyhow.

We have just become the biggest joke on earth. Those of us who aren't laughing will dust ourselves off and work harder than ever to make things better again.

And yes, I voted third party but in a state where doing so had no affect on the outcome. As I said elsewhere, no way would I do that in another state. But elsewhere enough people did. Electing Trump was a temper tantrum that will bite his supporters in the ass so hard they won't know what hit them... at first. And then that orange man will become their fucking nightmare. Meanwhile, hopefully, the rest of us will be busy picking up the pieces.
    The third party vote had no impact. It was the people who did not vote at all who were the problem. "My vote just doesn't count" they say. "They're both awful" they say. "She's not the first woman I want" they say. Fuck all those people.

I am so pissed. My swing state delivered. We worked our asses off and did what we were supposed to do by a hair. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida . . . They're dumb ass failures. No wonder those states are so damned backwards in every way. We have a president who won an election by appealing to the dumbest among them, and I hope those states tank first before all the test of us -- except they're already shitty places to live so I guess those voters figured they have nothing to lose.
    From what I heard, the number of ballots cast for Gary Johnson in PA would have won Clinton the state if they had gone to her instead.... not sure about the other swing states. I am actually still too disgusted to read any of the post-election coverage. Everyone in my office feels the same way. Many are saying that they aren't going to travel to the US anymore and won't buy anything from the US either. They are simply too disgusted by the stupidity and irresponsibility to want anything to do with the US now, and by Trump himself and the Republican party in general that is now running the whole show, that they have decided to boycott. Not kidding, six different people have said that to me today, and it's only noon.
    I hope more feel the same, that'll speed up border time crossings...lol, as for buying stuff made in the states...well most stuff appears to be now made in China, hehehehe.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    At least it isnt Cruz
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    Do most people think Trump will go through with his campaign promises?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

fare thee well....
    I didn't say I was boycotting. I'm not about to stop buying Vault releases.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    its like any other wednesday at my work. the above post confirms the ridiculous level of paranoia to the north.
  • Options

its like any other wednesday at my work. the above post confirms the ridiculous level of paranoia to the north.

It confirms the profound under-reaction much of America is having to Trump, which is one of the things that is confounding and worrying people everywhere else.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015

PJ_Soul said:

Let's get one thing straight: this is NOT the fault of third party voters. Not in any way, shape, or form. That finger pointing blame game needs to stop. It will only create more division, which is exactly the opposite of what we need. While I understand people are upset, angry, disgusted at Donald Trump being elected, the blame for that can only be pointed at one group of people - those who voted for Trump. No one who voted for a third party candidate wanted to see Trump elected, either. Unity, positivity, and creativity are the only things that can triumph over what transpired last night. Pointing fingers at others does not help, it only fuels the Trump fire.
    I see both sides. There were several other options I would have preferred. And if I was voting just on who I wanted to win that would have changed my vote. But many people vote based on who is likely to win and knowing a third party does not have a realistic chance.
    But with half the country voting Trump, that speaks as much to how much the people don't trust her. People fear her being president more than they fear Trump.
    Don't blame Trump, or those who voted for him. Blame the corruption within the parties, and the vote was to stop the corruption.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

fare thee well....
    I didn't say I was boycotting. I'm not about to stop buying Vault releases.
    thats the spirit.....
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

How long did it take America to accept that black people were more than property (and then that they weren't all thieves and murderers)? That Mexicans weren't all illegal aliens and members of drug cartels? That Muslims weren't all terrorists? That women could do more than cook or clean? Donald Trump's rhetoric could be (by design) construed as accepting these old-world notions, and racists, sexists and xenophobes happily hide behind that ambiguity. This is a tremendous social regression.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    PJ_Soul said:

It confirms the profound under-reaction much of America is having to Trump, which is one of the things that is confounding and worrying people everywhere else.
    The under-reaction is a way people are digesting the shock. An authoritarian demagogue just became president, and most people with a functioning brain are putting what he's said and done into a picture of reality and it doesn't look good. We start thinking about ways it won't turn into reality.
  • Options
    benjs said:

How long did it take America to accept that black people were more than property (and then that they weren't all thieves and murderers)? That Mexicans weren't all illegal aliens and members of drug cartels? That Muslims weren't all terrorists? That women could do more than cook or clean? Donald Trump's rhetoric could be (by design) construed as accepting these old-world notions, and racists, sexists and xenophobes happily hide behind that ambiguity. This is a tremendous social regression.
    are these rhetorical questions?
  • Options
    benjs said:

Words way too big for any level of understanding.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

benjs said:

keep it classy, eh.....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Not really,
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    can i get a HUUUURRNNTT HUUUUUURRRNNTTTT!!!
  • Options

I'm in the north, no paranoia here,

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

I'm in the north, no paranoia here,
    i knew i liked you for some reason....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245

benjs said:

are these rhetorical questions?
    Oh, c'mon, you understand it. It's an extremist fear. It won't go back that far, but things will regress. And then that might finally be what it takes to push us over the hump for good.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    benjs said:

People can take on the civil responsibility of continuing to teach and demonstrate those social morals. That would be the strongest form of protest rather than chants, political intolerance and burning dumpsters.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

benjs said:

People can take on the civil responsibility of continuing to teach and demonstrate those social morals. That would be the strongest form of protest rather than chants, political intolerance and burning dumpsters.
    I think you're right, and I hope everyone rises to the occasion on that front.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

benjs said:

keep it classy, eh.....
    I simply can't. I'm way too paranoid.

Come on, man. Let me have my fun with this. It's comedy of epic proportion. There's going to be an endless stream of ridiculous things to laugh our asses off for the next four years (maybe even 8!).

The orange man may very well be able to pull off some good things for your country. Unlike your running narrative... I'm thinking he and Hilary would likely be no different in the end with regards to results; however, what a compromise of values to thumb your nose at the establishment. The guy said he'd do his own daughter for gawds sakes.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

I have read some real funny stuff today, but the thoughts of your co-workers takes the cake. I hope none of them like US based NHL or own a IPhone.... need I go on... What a Amazing day for America....Hope and Change, Hope and Change
  • Options
    im with you bud, im just having fun with it myself. to be clear, my lack of concern is not in support of The Don. you couldn't pay me all the tea in china to vote for him. but im also not about to start fearing the apocalypse the day after the election, and im not gona start predicting the future. im in the group that said he wont get out of the primaries, then he couldnt win the general, then he would step down before he won, etc.... im done acting like i have any idea what will happen. no one here knows what will come of this.
  • Options

im with you bud, im just having fun with it myself. to be clear, my lack of concern is not in support of The Don. you couldn't pay me all the tea in china to vote for him. but im also not about to start fearing the apocalypse the day after the election, and im not gona start predicting the future. im in the group that said he wont get out of the primaries, then he couldnt win the general, then he would step down before he won, etc.... im done acting like i have any idea what will happen. no one here knows what will come of this.

"No one here knows what will come of this." This statement is correct.

I agree with upsetting the cart. I just wish it could have been someone slightly less obnoxious and unsavoury.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Let's get one thing straight: this is NOT the fault of third party voters. Not in any way, shape, or form. That finger pointing blame game needs to stop. It will only create more division, which is exactly the opposite of what we need. While I understand people are upset, angry, disgusted at Donald Trump being elected, the blame for that can only be pointed at one group of people - those who voted for Trump. No one who voted for a third party candidate wanted to see Trump elected, either. Unity, positivity, and creativity are the only things that can triumph over what transpired last night. Pointing fingers at others does not help, it only fuels the Trump fire.
    I see both sides. There were several other options I would have preferred. And if I was voting just on who I wanted to win that would have changed my vote. But many people vote based on who is likely to win and knowing a third party does not have a realistic chance.
    But with half the country voting Trump, that speaks as much to how much the people don't trust her. People fear her being president more than they fear Trump.
    Don't blame Trump, or those who voted for him. Blame the corruption within the parties, and the vote was to stop the corruption.
    The same vote that elected a majority republican senate and house. Your argument doesn't make a lot of sense.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I assume his supporters do.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    benjs said:

benjs said:

I think you're right, and I hope everyone rises to the occasion on that front.
    So we defy the laws that may come to be? We create an underground network so women can still have an abortion? We somehow work-around the increased monitoring of digital communication? We provide health insurance to those who lost it? etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

I have read some real funny stuff today, but the thoughts of your co-workers takes the cake. I hope none of them like US based NHL or own a IPhone.... need I go on... What a Amazing day for America....Hope and Change, Hope and Change
    It's an expression of their disgust. They just want as little to do with the US as humanly possible now because they feel that the majority of Americans are fucking idiots and don't want to go near them. Everyone one of them are, I think, also showing that they gave Americans a lot more credit than they have found they deserve (not that they don't know there are a lot of very upset Americans right now too, and they feel bad for them. So do I). Anyway, as I and someone else already touched on, it almost seems like many Americans are in some kind of shock, are in the first stage of grieving today, given the sense of denial they are expressing. I feel like the vast majority of non-Americans seem to have a clearer view of just how horrific Trump is for POTUS, and that has been true for a while now. Many think Americans, even those who oppose him, have had to normalize him to one extent or another, and the US media has too. Of course, people on an international level are very concerned about how this will impact the global economy, international relations, terrorism/security, trade, etc. A lot of very important and valid concerns.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Shocked & saddened today. Not sure what to say....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.