The Podesta Emails

Comments

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:
    Wait a minute, because I think I'm agreeing with you here. So let me get this straight. The Governor of Virginia's super PAC put $500k into the state Senate race of a Democratic running for a seat. No, never mind that it was third largest donation made by the superpac. I mean..what's next? Next you're going to tell me that this candidate supports Terry's positions and priorities in the VA legislature... and that she WILL VOTE for those priorities. This is a clear quid pro quo on that level alone.
    At least we agree to the sleaziness of TMc

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/24/so-what-exactly-is-virginia-gov-terry-mcauliffe-being-investigated-for/

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/mcauliffe-aided-wife-of-fbi-official-handling-clinton-probe.html

She uses 1 of your favorite words in that one.
    What's one of his favorite words? Distort and distract? No wait that's the other guys fave.

Matt the minute someone gives a negative review of Clinton, does that automatically discredit them from producing anything legitimate? Because your excuse was that said writer wrote a handful of anti-Clinton pieces , therefore what he's saying isn't legit?
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    ....any....day...now....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:
    Wait a minute, because I think I'm agreeing with you here. So let me get this straight. The Governor of Virginia's super PAC put $500k into the state Senate race of a Democratic running for a seat. No, never mind that it was third largest donation made by the superpac. I mean..what's next? Next you're going to tell me that this candidate supports Terry's positions and priorities in the VA legislature... and that she WILL VOTE for those priorities. This is a clear quid pro quo on that level alone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/24/so-what-exactly-is-virginia-gov-terry-mcauliffe-being-investigated-for/

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/mcauliffe-aided-wife-of-fbi-official-handling-clinton-probe.html

Yes... the shock and horror of a Governor working to get the legislature most likely to deliver his agenda is overwhelming. Whatever shall we do with this dirty Republic?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Lol
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Yes... the shock and horror of a Governor working to get the legislature most likely to deliver his agenda is overwhelming. Whatever shall we do with this dirty Republic?
    I'm sure the FBI will sort it out.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    It seems strange to argue there is nothing in these emails and that they are doctored at the same time. If there were truly falsehoods and alterations here wouldn't we be seeing juicier tidbits emerge? If not why go through the trouble?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

It seems strange to argue there is nothing in these emails and that they are doctored at the same time. If there were truly falsehoods and alterations here wouldn't we be seeing juicier tidbits emerge? If not why go through the trouble?

Picture a child reaching in his bowl of spaghetti clutching a handful and throwing it at the wall.
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

What's one of his favorite words? Distort and distract? No wait that's the other guys fave.

Matt the minute someone gives a negative review of Clinton, does that automatically discredit them from producing anything legitimate? Because your excuse was that said writer wrote a handful of anti-Clinton pieces , therefore what he's saying isn't legit?
    Fair question. My point is that this person has been writing these very pieces for ten months now and they are always distorted and leave out critical information while leaping to conclusions on others. Anyone that tries to leverage the Uranium One 'issue' loses credibility in my book. It's such a non-issue, particularly for Clinton and the State dept.

Look at his freakin' homepage. What serious commentator goes this far?
    I guess nobody likes multiple choice, how about jeopardy style in Alex Trebek voice, subject "Personal Profit" for $5,000

Name this ex president that gladly accepted $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock?
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Fair question. My point is that this person has been writing these very pieces for ten months now and they are always distorted and leave out critical information while leaping to conclusions on others. Anyone that tries to leverage the Uranium One 'issue' loses credibility in my book. It's such a non-issue, particularly for Clinton and the State dept.

I was making the observation because you've discredited a lot of other post in the past with similar fashion. Most of what's out their is pro Clinton, at least in the mainstream of information.
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

I was making the observation because you've discredited a lot of other post in the past with similar fashion. Most of what's out their is pro Clinton, at least in the mainstream of information.
    I forgot to include his link: https://hagoodman.com/ His google title is HA Goodman - Bernie 2016

Anyway, no I try not to discredit someone just for writing an article. Hopefully I don't do that. But Goodman continues to repackage the same material in a slightly different way and publish it. I have been critical of his writing for a long time. Second, I would argue that Huffington Post is absolutely mainstream and they were over the top pro-Bernie. They are now over the top pro-Clinton. But that's fine, I have no illusions that the media is unbiased.
    edited October 2016
    It's a good thing Donna isn't Pinocchio, CNN cameras would need zoom lenses to see the whites in her lies.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/28845

Coordinating tipping off of topics.
    JC29856 said:

It's a good thing Donna isn't Pinocchio, CNN cameras would need zoom lenses to see the whites in her lies.

You must be extraordinarily naive on how surrogates work, or just like to feign outrage all day long.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

You must be extraordinarily naive on how surrogates work, or just like to feign outrage all day long.
    I see we've switched from "shocked" to "outrage". I'm catching on, it took me awhile.
    JC29856 said:
    We can attack the message. Here's the content of the email:

"Hey, when can we meet? I also want to get your Atlas folks to recommend oversamples for our polling before we start in February. By market, regions, etc. I want to get this all compiled into one set of recommendations so we can maximize what we get out of our media polling."

sent to people with email suffixes:
    gqrr.com
    One of the world's premier opinion research and strategic consulting firms
    atlasproject.net
    The Atlas Project provides an interactive platform for political research and data that helps the progressive community make smart, effective, and cost-efficient decisions on electoral and issue advocacy campaigns. We rely on a team of political and data analysts who have a proven track record of developing customized, actionable research to help meet our clients’ needs.

So it basically sounds like they are asking for additional data, so they can get the most out the subsequent research analysis. Thank you for once again proving Hillary ran an effective and efficient ground game.
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

"Hey, when can we meet? I also want to get your Atlas folks to recommend oversamples for our polling before we start in February. By market, regions, etc. I want to get this all compiled into one set of recommendations so we can maximize what we get out of our media polling."

gqrr.com
    atlasproject.net
    The Atlas Project provides an interactive platform for political research and data that helps the progressive community make smart, effective, and cost-efficient decisions on electoral and issue advocacy campaigns. We rely on a team of political and data analysts who have a proven track record of developing customized, actionable research to help meet our clients’ needs.

So it basically sounds like they are asking for additional data, so they can get the most out the subsequent research analysis. Thank you for once again proving Hillary ran an effective and efficient ground game.
    Seth Rich worked for GQRR.
    JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

gqrr.com
    atlasproject.net

....and....???
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

gqrr.com
    atlasproject.net

....and....???
    Just FYI. He was victim of a robbery and mugging.
    JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

gqrr.com
    atlasproject.net

....and....???
    Just FYI. He was victim of a robbery and mugging.
    A robbery and a mugging? So he was robbed twice?

Still trying to figure out what that has to with this email, to which cking@atlasproject.net scandalously responded:
    "Attached are the state by state polling and research recommendations from the ATLAS product that have been compiled into one document. Please let Andy or I know if you have any questions or need additional information."

And how does this email even remotely give any substance to zerohedge's article about "Exposes Playbook For Rigging Polls Through "Oversamples""? People are really grasping at straws here....
    edited October 2016
    I know you can't look past Bernie and March primaries -- but who is in charge of the Trump swift boat project? Needs to be ready, funded and unleashed when we decide -- but not a half assed scramble.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/27434

The term swiftboating (also swift-boating or swift boating) is a pejorative American neologism used to describe an unfair or untrue political attack. The term is derived from the name of the organization "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" (SBVT, later the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth) because of their widely publicized—and later discredited—campaign against 2004 U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    over the last 15 years the Saudi government donate $100 million to the Clinton Foundation

Is this a fact?
    Just politics.

Overview: > The overall goal is to move the IL primary out of mid March, where they > are currently a lifeline to a moderate Republican candidate after the > mostly southern Super Tuesday. IL was a key early win for Romney in 12. > Our preference would be for them to move all the way to May, but if they > at least move to April 12 or April 19 they will have the day to themselves > and presumably garner a lot of coverage. They will also be influencing a > big northeast primary day on April 26. > They will receive a bonus of 10% extra delegates if they move to April and > 20% if they move to May. Mapes has said repeatedly they don't care about

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/27589
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    tonifig8 said:

over the last 15 years the Saudi government donate $100 million to the Clinton Foundation

Is this a fact?

If that's true....wow! The Clinton's charity is that successful? That's great. That is a lot of money to raise to do great things for people around the world.

How much money has Trump's charity raised?
    dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

Is this a fact?

If that's true....wow! The Clinton's charity is that successful? That's great. That is a lot of money to raise to do great things for people around the world.

keep reading some of the post on this thread so you can read some of their success stories. Trump has nothing to do with this.
    JC29856 said:

I know you can't look past Bernie and March primaries -- but who is in charge of the Trump swift boat project? Needs to be ready, funded and unleashed when we decide -- but not a half assed scramble.

The term swiftboating (also swift-boating or swift boating) is a pejorative American neologism used to describe an unfair or untrue political attack. The term is derived from the name of the organization "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" (SBVT, later the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth) because of their widely publicized—and later discredited—campaign against 2004 U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry.

Holy crap! The Clinton campaign was preparing an opposition file against her opponent? The nerve of them. This whole thing just reeks of competence.

Keep 'em coming. All this is doing is reinforcing my decision to support Clinton.
    tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

Is this a fact?

keep reading some of the post on this thread so you can read some of their success stories. Trump has nothing to do with this.
    Like this?

The Clinton Foundation Is Not a Scandal. It’s a Phenomenal, Life-Saving Success.

During his presidency, Bill Clinton made little effort to combat AIDS in developing countries, where the disease takes the most lives. He hoped to make up for this shortcoming after leaving the White House by putting AIDS relief at the forefront of his new charity. This effort turned out to be an astonishing success. Through his foundation, Clinton launched AIDS initiatives in more than two dozen developing countries, placing nurses in rural clinics, training hospital managers, purchasing drugs, and negotiating huge price cuts for critical AIDS medications.

Clinton often worked in sync with President George W. Bush, whose global AIDS initiative was the most admirable, effective, far-reaching AIDS program ever spearheaded by an American president, including Barack Obama. (Many very liberal HIV-prevention leaders still revere Bush’s AIDS work in developing countries and rue Obama’s failure to maintain Bush’s level of investment.) The Clinton Foundation’s biggest victories involved price renegotiation and expanded access to treatment. As a direct result of the charity’s work, more than 11 million people in developing countries today have access to vital AIDS medication, many of them children. That’s a lot of lives to save.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/08/25/clinton_foundation_scandal_aids_relief_work_is_a_success.html
    dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

Is this a fact?

Like this?

The Clinton Foundation Is Not a Scandal. It’s a Phenomenal, Life-Saving Success.

During his presidency, Bill Clinton made little effort to combat AIDS in developing countries, where the disease takes the most lives. He hoped to make up for this shortcoming after leaving the White House by putting AIDS relief at the forefront of his new charity. This effort turned out to be an astonishing success. Through his foundation, Clinton launched AIDS initiatives in more than two dozen developing countries, placing nurses in rural clinics, training hospital managers, purchasing drugs, and negotiating huge price cuts for critical AIDS medications.

Clinton often worked in sync with President George W. Bush, whose global AIDS initiative was the most admirable, effective, far-reaching AIDS program ever spearheaded by an American president, including Barack Obama. (Many very liberal HIV-prevention leaders still revere Bush’s AIDS work in developing countries and rue Obama’s failure to maintain Bush’s level of investment.) The Clinton Foundation’s biggest victories involved price renegotiation and expanded access to treatment. As a direct result of the charity’s work, more than 11 million people in developing countries today have access to vital AIDS medication, many of them children. That’s a lot of lives to save.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/08/25/clinton_foundation_scandal_aids_relief_work_is_a_success.html
    Didn't we already learn that the more expensive the same aids drug is the better it works.
    This was posted earlier.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Holy crap! The Clinton campaign was preparing an opposition file against her opponent? The nerve of them. This whole thing just reeks of competence.

Keep 'em coming. All this is doing is reinforcing my decision to support Clinton.
    matt, a few weeks back, maybe a month or so, I asked you to come on over to this thread and give your opinion/insight on what was being posted here. If I remember correctly you said something to the affect that you didn't want to come here because most of the stuff being said about her in the leaks was mostly accurate, and knew already, however even though it was negative she was still a better choice then trump. I'm paraphrasing, it's hard for me to remember everything everyone post, but it was to that affect. You knew it was bad practice and made her look bad, but it wasn't enough to drop your support of her.
    Now you're over here picking and choosing post that aren't so bad, in your opinion, and attempting to discredit the tremendous work that JC is doing. I just hope others aren't turned away from this thread because of your comments. That wouldn't be fare because there's a whole lot of excellent content here.
    JC29856 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

Is this a fact?

Like this?

Didn't we already learn that the more expensive the same aids drug is the better it works.
    This was posted earlier.
    That would be news to me. Can you provide a link with some evidence?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/10/24/bernie-sanders-if-my-emails-leaked-there-d-be-mean-things-about-hillary.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

More of what some of us have been saying all along...
    While expressing his lack of surprise for any of the content revealed by leaked Hillary Clinton campaign emails, Bernie Sanders admitted that if his own campaign staff’s emails were to be hacked, they’d contain substantially unflattering messages about his former Democratic primary rival. “Trust me, if they went into our emails—I suppose which may happen, who knows—I’m sure there would be statements that would be less than flattering about, you know, the Clinton staff,” Sanders said Wednesday, dismissing the current leaks as unsurprising. “That’s what happens in campaigns.” Additionally, Sanders confessed he found it “amusing” that the emails proved what his camp had long claimed: “We said that the Clinton campaign was heavily influencing what the DNC was doing regarding debates, and that’s exactly what had been happening. None of that is a shock to me.”
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.