The Podesta Emails

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I must admit this is some "quacky" stuff
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

I know you can't look past Bernie and March primaries -- but who is in charge of the Trump swift boat project? Needs to be ready, funded and unleashed when we decide -- but not a half assed scramble.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/27434

The term swiftboating (also swift-boating or swift boating) is a pejorative American neologism used to describe an unfair or untrue political attack. The term is derived from the name of the organization "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" (SBVT, later the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth) because of their widely publicized—and later discredited—campaign against 2004 U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry.

Holy crap! The Clinton campaign was preparing an opposition file against her opponent? The nerve of them. This whole thing just reeks of competence.

Keep 'em coming. All this is doing is reinforcing my decision to support Clinton.
    matt, a few weeks back, maybe a month or so, I asked you to come on over to this thread and give your opinion/insight on what was being posted here. If I remember correctly you said something to the affect that you didn't want to come here because most of the stuff being said about her in the leaks was mostly accurate, and knew already, however even though it was negative she was still a better choice then trump. I'm paraphrasing, it's hard for me to remember everything everyone post, but it was to that affect. You knew it was bad practice and made her look bad, but it wasn't enough to drop your support of her.
    Now you're over here picking and choosing post that aren't so bad, in your opinion, and attempting to discredit the tremendous work that JC is doing. I just hope others aren't turned away from this thread because of your comments. That wouldn't be fare because there's a whole lot of excellent content here.
    Yeah I don't know how I ended up catching up on this thread. But of the things that I've been reading for the last week or two, there is zero nefarious in these documents. And when I challenge something, I use information to challenge it. I think of it as a counter-argument. JC never posts an opposing viewpoint or a possible counter. So I'm going to provide the other side if I think whatever he/she is posting is either misleading or completely benign. Your memory is accurate though. That sounds like something I would say.

Probably the worst thing I've seen is Brazille giving a debate question to the Clinton team. Now it was about the death penalty so it's not like you wouldn't prepare for that in a Democratic debate, but it was wrong to do either way. Brazille had access to information she either should not had, or if she had access to it, not passed it on. I don't think it changed the primary by one vote but still wrong. If there's something worse, I either didn't see it or it didn't stick with me.
    On page 16, in the graph beginning Many Americans feel a deep emotional connection...the paragraph is about Israel, but evokes how people feel about how Israel is treating the Palastinians. I think I'd cut or rework.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/29523
    JC29856 said:

On page 16, in the graph beginning Many Americans feel a deep emotional connection...the paragraph is about Israel, but evokes how people feel about how Israel is treating the Palastinians. I think I'd cut or rework.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/29523

Someone wake me when something of note is posted... or when JC advocates for something positive.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/10/24/bernie-sanders-if-my-emails-leaked-there-d-be-mean-things-about-hillary.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

More of what some of us have been saying all along...

While expressing his lack of surprise for any of the content revealed by leaked Hillary Clinton campaign emails, Bernie Sanders admitted that if his own campaign staff’s emails were to be hacked, they’d contain substantially unflattering messages about his former Democratic primary rival. “Trust me, if they went into our emails—I suppose which may happen, who knows—I’m sure there would be statements that would be less than flattering about, you know, the Clinton staff,” Sanders said Wednesday, dismissing the current leaks as unsurprising. “That’s what happens in campaigns.” Additionally, Sanders confessed he found it “amusing” that the emails proved what his camp had long claimed: “We said that the Clinton campaign was heavily influencing what the DNC was doing regarding debates, and that’s exactly what had been happening. None of that is a shock to me.”
    Out of all that...thats what you should have highlighted (what i put in italics)

the system has always been a little tilted, but i think this year the word rigged may actually fit the narrative and it started with HRC having Sanders as a serious threat to the nomination unexpectedly...she will do whatever it takes to become president

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    pjalive21 said:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/10/24/bernie-sanders-if-my-emails-leaked-there-d-be-mean-things-about-hillary.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

While expressing his lack of surprise for any of the content revealed by leaked Hillary Clinton campaign emails, Bernie Sanders admitted that if his own campaign staff’s emails were to be hacked, they’d contain substantially unflattering messages about his former Democratic primary rival. “Trust me, if they went into our emails—I suppose which may happen, who knows—I’m sure there would be statements that would be less than flattering about, you know, the Clinton staff,” Sanders said Wednesday, dismissing the current leaks as unsurprising. “That’s what happens in campaigns.” Additionally, Sanders confessed he found it “amusing” that the emails proved what his camp had long claimed: “We said that the Clinton campaign was heavily influencing what the DNC was doing regarding debates, and that’s exactly what had been happening. None of that is a shock to me.”
    Out of all that...thats what you should have highlighted (what i put in italics)

the system has always been a little tilted, but i think this year the word rigged may actually fit the narrative and it started with HRC having Sanders as a serious threat to the nomination unexpectedly...she will do whatever it takes to become president

You are assuming Hillary pulled the strings? Seems like people pulled strings for her if anything.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    pjalive21 said:

Fair point, offering Bloomberg and Warren a cabinet position to be named later is politics, planting moles in Biden's cabinet is another story. You can even stretch politics to the Sanders mole, but it was obvious the DNC did not play it fair when they are obligated to. If either committee want to lean toward or totally favor a candidate of their choosing, just be honest and up front and say so.
    "This is a complete distraction," he said about the DNC's pivot to blaming Russia for WikiLeaks. "I hate that it is the Democrats now. We now have two parties of war. And now the Democrats are saber-rattling and building up a boogie-man in Putin, instead of what they should be doing, saying we both have a common enemy: ISIS. Let's join hands and work to defeat them. That's not what they're doing because it makes more political sense for the Democrats to ratchet it up, to ratchet up the Cold War, which is what they're doing now."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/24/tyts_jimmy_dore_democrats_are_restarting_the_cold_war_for_political_benefit.html

There is also speculation that real war will start with Russia before or soon after the "shocking" and "outrageous" leak which is expected sometime next week.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    JC29856 said:

"This is a complete distraction," he said about the DNC's pivot to blaming Russia for WikiLeaks. "I hate that it is the Democrats now. We now have two parties of war. And now the Democrats are saber-rattling and building up a boogie-man in Putin, instead of what they should be doing, saying we both have a common enemy: ISIS. Let's join hands and work to defeat them. That's not what they're doing because it makes more political sense for the Democrats to ratchet it up, to ratchet up the Cold War, which is what they're doing now."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/24/tyts_jimmy_dore_democrats_are_restarting_the_cold_war_for_political_benefit.html

There is also speculation that real war will start with Russia before or soon after the "shocking" and "outrageous" leak which is expected sometime next week.

Ooooh...I hope it's just as shocking and outrageous as the last leak!!
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

Ha.. I'm sure we are going to war over a leaked email from a campaign.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

I bet the media could easily spin it so that going to war over an email is way more legitimate then going to war over a tweet. And the American people would eat it all up.
    ha..
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

I bet the media could easily spin it so that going to war over an email is way more legitimate then going to war over a tweet. And the American people would eat it all up.
    ha..
    When rebel groups go to war over YouTube videos nothing surprises me.

Just to clarify, I said leak in general terms not leaked email.
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

ha..
    Fortunately Putin is sane.
    Russian social agent Vladimir Joykoff strikes again disguised as a pick pocketing cabbie.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/25364

...can you try to call Diamond Cab. I don't have a phone obviously, and want to try to get to the cabbie as early as possible.
    JC29856 said:

Russian social agent Vladimir Joykoff strikes again disguised as a pick pocketing cabbie.

...can you try to call Diamond Cab. I don't have a phone obviously, and want to try to get to the cabbie as early as possible.

See, this is where Wiki loses credibility and becomes a criminal organization. If they are arguing that they want to share the truth, how does this email advance their supposedly noble cause? 99% of these released emails are just stolen property with ZERO public value.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    JC29856 said:

Another question about this duck theme of yours... why does it matter to you so much (apparently)?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

See, this is where Wiki loses credibility and becomes a criminal organization. If they are arguing that they want to share the truth, how does this email advance their supposedly noble cause? 99% of these released emails are just stolen property with ZERO public value.
    already explained earlier, all or cherry picked.
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Another question about this duck theme of yours... why does it matter to you so much (apparently)?
    I find it Hilliaryous!
    More Arkansas Bill Russia Putin red ties, a meeting with Gerhard Schroeder
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/29148

Mr Schroeder was Germany’s Social Democrat leader from 1998 until 2005. He is a personal friend of Vladimir Putin and once described the Russian President as a “flawless democrat”. He joined the board of the Russian energy giant Gazprom after losing Germany’s 2005 election and has defended Russia’s response to the crisis in Ukraine on several occasions.
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

already explained earlier, all or cherry picked.
    Then none. Are all the private citizens that keep getting exposed just collateral damage??
    JC29856 said:

More Arkansas Bill Russia Putin red ties, a meeting with Gerhard Schroeder
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/29148

Mr Schroeder was Germany’s Social Democrat leader from 1998 until 2005. He is a personal friend of Vladimir Putin and once described the Russian President as a “flawless democrat”. He joined the board of the Russian energy giant Gazprom after losing Germany’s 2005 election and has defended Russia’s response to the crisis in Ukraine on several occasions.

He was the fucking chancellor of Germany when Clinton was POTUS. Perhaps...just maybe they knew each other from that time. But I get it. Minimize his role, make him seem like a minor political figure in Germany who is really just a Putin connection rather than the leader of the country.

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

I find it Hilliaryous!
    In this election campaign season, it seems really minor on a relative scale. I don't get why you have hitched your wagon to that particular meaningless, pointless story.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

I find it Hilliaryous!
    In this election campaign season, it seems really minor on a relative scale. I don't get why you have hitched your wagon to that particular meaningless, pointless story.
    Because that's what Leninists do. They seek to tear down without having anything better to offer. We've seen these throughout history. Second, there's nothing else to go with. As expected, the Bill Clinton attacks haven't worked, Benghazi hasn't worked, CFF hasn't worked, nothing. So Breitbarts and Leninists are left with the last bullet...mundane emails not even written by the candidate. I mean Holy Shit! John Podesta and Robby Mook emails... that's some October surprise!
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

I find it Hilliaryous!
    Because that's what Leninists do. They seek to tear down without having anything better to offer. We've seen these throughout history. Second, there's nothing else to go with. As expected, the Bill Clinton attacks haven't worked, Benghazi hasn't worked, CFF hasn't worked, nothing. So Breitbarts and Leninists are left with the last bullet...mundane emails not even written by the candidate. I mean Holy Shit! John Podesta and Robby Mook emails... that's some October surprise!
    OOooooow more burns, I'm melting Im melting!!!! Podestaemail Duck-man is melting!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

I find it Hilliaryous!
    LOL
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

I find it Hilliaryous!
    OOooooow more burns, I'm melting Im melting!!!! Podestaemail Duck-man is melting!
    It's not intended to be a 'burn' as if we're in high school. It's a direct assessment. There's nothing left so this crew is hitching to these emails as if it's "Ah-HA" ...now we've got her! He met with Gerhard Shroder...he was born in the same country as ADOLF HITLER! We knew it! We're not racists, here on the alt-right... it's Hillary, this is finally the proof!

The right wing and anti-Hillary ultra left have lost their fucking mind at this point. But I get it... it must be painful. I'd feel the same way if Trump was about to win, so you have my sympathy and empathy.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

I find it Hilliaryous!
    It's not intended to be a 'burn' as if we're in high school. It's a direct assessment. There's nothing left so this crew is hitching to these emails as if it's "Ah-HA" ...now we've got her! He met with Gerhard Shroder...he was born in the same country as ADOLF HITLER! We knew it! We're not racists, here on the alt-right... it's Hillary, this is finally the proof!

The right wing and anti-Hillary ultra left have lost their fucking mind at this point. But I get it... it must be painful. I'd feel the same way if Trump was about to win, so you have my sympathy and empathy.
    C'mon its an attempt at a burn and I admitting that the 15 year old high school'er in me feels burned, Im okay with it. Sometimes we need to seriously address our inner demons. Please allow me.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

I find it Hilliaryous!

C'mon its an attempt at a burn and I admitting that the 15 year old high school'er in me feels burned, Im okay with it. Sometimes we need to seriously address our inner demons. Please allow me.
    I didn't see it as a burn either. It was just an observation I think? I would say it's a correct one ... all the attacks are failing, and namely because they are weak attacks. I also like mrussel's last paragraph. Yes, you're right. It must be painful for the Hillary-haters... her being over-villified is the root cause of that IMO, but yeah, I get the feeling.
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

I find it Hilliaryous!

I didn't see it as a burn either. It was just an observation I think? I would say it's a correct one ... all the attacks are failing, and namely because they are weak attacks. I also like mrussel's last paragraph. Yes, you're right. It must be painful for the Hillary-haters... her being over-villified is the root cause of that IMO, but yeah, I get the feeling.
    Oh great, now pile on the inner 15 yr old fat kid, nice, real nice. Now my inner child is going to bury his face into a gallon of chocolate ice cream before supper.
This discussion has been closed.