Options

The Podesta Emails

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Anyone notice the similarities nationally and in this thread?

3 DDDs distort distract delay

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article109662932.html

But her strategy – refuse to confirm the authenticity of the emails, blame Russia for the hack and say little else – has so far successfully defused the impact by avoiding any talk that would keep voters looking at the content of the messages.

When moderator Chris Wallace asked her about a particular email, for example, she shifted to Russia and Republican opponent Donald Trump’s praise of its leader, Vladimir Putin.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

450 posts since I last visited and in this thread I am SURE that I missed nothing worth my time lol

The term "blindly following" here makes sense, or the term "willed ignorance". This queen of yours is rigging the election to win, yet her supporters would rather not know the facts. So, when she does win (because the media already presumpted her win), will you and the queen's devoted followers keep your eyes closed when she's reigning as well?
    St Bernie bent the knee already, not us.
    Deflecting (& denying) is all you've got.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

450 posts since I last visited and in this thread I am SURE that I missed nothing worth my time lol

The term "blindly following" here makes sense, or the term "willed ignorance". This queen of yours is rigging the election to win, yet her supporters would rather not know the facts. So, when she does win (because the media already presumpted her win), will you and the queen's devoted followers keep your eyes closed when she's reigning as well?
    St Bernie bent the knee already, not us.
    Deflecting (& denying) is all you've got.
    Over stated victimization is your specialty.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    my god. with the election all but being over and done, these threads have turned into nothing but a mudslinging clusterfuck.

see y'all Nov 9th.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article109662932.html

But her strategy – refuse to confirm the authenticity of the emails, blame Russia for the hack and say little else – has so far successfully defused the impact by avoiding any talk that would keep voters looking at the content of the messages.

When moderator Chris Wallace asked her about a particular email, for example, she shifted to Russia and Republican opponent Donald Trump’s praise of its leader, Vladimir Putin.

Deflecting is her specialty. Everything is supposedly Russia's fault.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    JC29856 said:

Wait, there was more content in your post? I saw DDD and my mind went somewhere else... :/

We've been saying it for months and months that she dodges the questions and the media. As a matter of fact a few members on this board actually said it was a brilliant move by her to not answer questions and to avoid the media. They actually defended a politician hiding from the press. She went 9 months straight without talking to the press and these clintonites loved it!! Imagine if GWB would have done that?!?! Imagine when she does that while serving as President?!?! WTF is wrong with the clintonites?!?!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

Wait, there was more content in your post? I saw DDD and my mind went somewhere else... :/

We've been saying it for months and months that she dodges the questions and the media. As a matter of fact a few members on this board actually said it was a brilliant move by her to not answer questions and to avoid the media. They actually defended a politician hiding from the press. She went 9 months straight without talking to the press and these clintonites loved it!! Imagine if GWB would have done that?!?! Imagine when she does that while serving as President?!?! WTF is wrong with the clintonites?!?!
    ... and she will do that as president.

We will know nothing because she won't talk and answer questions, without deflecting and denying. We have to look forward to this for the next four years. It is the people of this country that lose. In a big way.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Oh lordy lol
    The "facts" lol

You are more dramatic and overdone that an off-Broadway performance of Cats.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    ....any....day....now.....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/10/24/bernie-sanders-if-my-emails-leaked-there-d-be-mean-things-about-hillary.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

More of what some of us have been saying all along...

While expressing his lack of surprise for any of the content revealed by leaked Hillary Clinton campaign emails, Bernie Sanders admitted that if his own campaign staff’s emails were to be hacked, they’d contain substantially unflattering messages about his former Democratic primary rival. “Trust me, if they went into our emails—I suppose which may happen, who knows—I’m sure there would be statements that would be less than flattering about, you know, the Clinton staff,” Sanders said Wednesday, dismissing the current leaks as unsurprising. “That’s what happens in campaigns.” Additionally, Sanders confessed he found it “amusing” that the emails proved what his camp had long claimed: “We said that the Clinton campaign was heavily influencing what the DNC was doing regarding debates, and that’s exactly what had been happening. None of that is a shock to me.”
    Out of all that...thats what you should have highlighted (what i put in italics)

the system has always been a little tilted, but i think this year the word rigged may actually fit the narrative and it started with HRC having Sanders as a serious threat to the nomination unexpectedly...she will do whatever it takes to become president

Fair point, offering Bloomberg and Warren a cabinet position to be named later is politics, planting moles in Biden's cabinet is another story. You can even stretch politics to the Sanders mole, but it was obvious the DNC did not play it fair when they are obligated to. If either committee want to lean toward or totally favor a candidate of their choosing, just be honest and up front and say so.

I agree that the DNC didn't play it fair, but an honest question here - who imposes the obligation to play it fair? Clearly what the DNC did was immoral, but was it illegal? Just like Trump or any fiscally responsible businessperson (or even accountant) will exploit every legal loophole to reduce taxes, every politician exploits legal loopholes to gain power. I don't hold Trump responsible for doing what is best for himself because I do not expect morality from him. I also do not expect morality from a politician, but that then goes back to my question: if a system is corrupt because of what loopholes are open, how do these loopholes get closed, and by who?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

I;m sure you're one of those liberals who would be losing your mind right now if these actions were committed by a republican. I've read many of your post regarding Trump..... Such a hypocrite
  • Options
    benjs said:

JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/10/24/bernie-sanders-if-my-emails-leaked-there-d-be-mean-things-about-hillary.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

While expressing his lack of surprise for any of the content revealed by leaked Hillary Clinton campaign emails, Bernie Sanders admitted that if his own campaign staff’s emails were to be hacked, they’d contain substantially unflattering messages about his former Democratic primary rival. “Trust me, if they went into our emails—I suppose which may happen, who knows—I’m sure there would be statements that would be less than flattering about, you know, the Clinton staff,” Sanders said Wednesday, dismissing the current leaks as unsurprising. “That’s what happens in campaigns.” Additionally, Sanders confessed he found it “amusing” that the emails proved what his camp had long claimed: “We said that the Clinton campaign was heavily influencing what the DNC was doing regarding debates, and that’s exactly what had been happening. None of that is a shock to me.”
    Out of all that...thats what you should have highlighted (what i put in italics)

the system has always been a little tilted, but i think this year the word rigged may actually fit the narrative and it started with HRC having Sanders as a serious threat to the nomination unexpectedly...she will do whatever it takes to become president

Fair point, offering Bloomberg and Warren a cabinet position to be named later is politics, planting moles in Biden's cabinet is another story. You can even stretch politics to the Sanders mole, but it was obvious the DNC did not play it fair when they are obligated to. If either committee want to lean toward or totally favor a candidate of their choosing, just be honest and up front and say so.
    I agree that the DNC didn't play it fair, but an honest question here - who imposes the obligation to play it fair? Clearly what the DNC did was immoral, but was it illegal? Just like Trump or any fiscally responsible businessperson (or even accountant) will exploit every legal loophole to reduce taxes, every politician exploits legal loopholes to gain power. I don't hold Trump responsible for doing what is best for himself because I do not expect morality from him. I also do not expect morality from a politician, but that then goes back to my question: if a system is corrupt because of what loopholes are open, how do these loopholes get closed, and by who?

I don't agree with the premise that the DNC was only immoral.
  • Options
    “In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - G. Orwell
  • Options
    http://blog.erratasec.com/2016/10/yes-we-can-validate-wikileaks-emails.html

Verifying authenticity of emails explained.

As you can see, we've proven that DKIM will indeed detect if anybody has "doctored" or "falsified" this email.

I was just listening to ABC News about this story. It repeated Democrat talking points that the WikiLeaks emails weren't validated. That's a lie. This email in particular has been validated. I just did it, and shown you how you can validate it, too.

Btw, if you can forge an email that validates correctly as I've shown, I'll give you 1-bitcoin. It's the easiest way of solving arguments whether this really validates the email -- if somebody tells you this blogpost is invalid, then tell them they can earn about $600 (current value of BTC) proving it. Otherwise, no.
  • Options
    To: Philip Gordon Date: 2012-03-05 00:44 Subject: PUTIN

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05793997 Date: 11/30/2015 RELEASE IN FULL From: (iH Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 7:44 AM To: .gordonph@state.goV ; 'sullivanjj@state.gov '
    Subject Putin
    In his victory speech, did he really blame the State Department for trying to defeat him and throw Russia into chaos, as I heard reported this morning?
  • Options
    To: wellsag@state.gov Date: 2012-02-18 14:19
    Subject: CONGRATULATIONS!

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05794131 Date: 12/31/2015 RELEASE IN FULL From: H Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:19 PM To: 'WellsAG@state.gov' .
    Subject Congratulations! Dear Alice,
    I'm so pleased about your next exciting move. And, you're right, we need you at the White House to help plan and execute our Russian strategy post-Putin. We will all miss you in S-land, but are relieved you will not be too far away. Thanks for all your great work on my behalf. It's been a professional and personal pleasure getting to know you. I wish you the very best in all your future endeavors--H
  • Options
    Micro managing the pliable widget. Say whatever whenever for votes.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/30554

Attachments
  • Options
    Tech blogger finds proof DNC chief's emails weren't 'doctored' despite claims

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/24/tech-blogger-finds-proof-dnc-chiefs-emails-werent-doctored-despite-claims.html#

Is she being persecuted because she's a Christian?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    benjs said:

JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

great points all around...and you are right who would be the "checks and balances?"

I don't think what the DNC was illegal per say it was taking advantage of the system just like your good example with Trump and the loopholes
  • Options
    Fwd: POTUS on HRC emails

To: john.podesta@gmail.com Date: 2015-03-07 21:41
    Subject: Fwd: POTUS on HRC emails

we need to clean this up - he has emails from her - they do not say state.gov ----------

Forwarded message ----------
    From: Nick Merrill Date: Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 6:39 PM Subject: Fwd: POTUS on HRC emails
    To: Philippe Reines , Heather Samuelson < hsamuelson@cdmillsgroup.com>, Cheryl Mills Begin forwarded message: *From:* Josh Schwerin *Date:* March 7, 2015 at 6:33:44 PM EST *To:* Jennifer Palmieri , Kristina Schake < kristinakschake@gmail.com>, Nick Merrill , Jesse Ferguson
    *Subject:* *POTUS on HRC emails*

Jen you probably have more on this but it looks like POTUS just said he found out HRC was using her personal email when he saw it in the news.

-- Josh Schwerin Cell: 518-369-5469
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

I;m sure you're one of those liberals who would be losing your mind right now if these actions were committed by a republican. I've read many of your post regarding Trump..... Such a hypocrite
    These actions are almost certainly being committed by Republicans. Who said they weren't?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

we need to clean this up - he has emails from her - they do not say state.gov ----------

From: Nick Merrill Date: Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 6:39 PM Subject: Fwd: POTUS on HRC emails
    To: Philippe Reines , Heather Samuelson < hsamuelson@cdmillsgroup.com>, Cheryl Mills Begin forwarded message: *From:* Josh Schwerin *Date:* March 7, 2015 at 6:33:44 PM EST *To:* Jennifer Palmieri , Kristina Schake < kristinakschake@gmail.com>, Nick Merrill , Jesse Ferguson

Jen you probably have more on this but it looks like POTUS just said he found out HRC was using her personal email when he saw it in the news.

These so-called progressives out here Don't care!!! They only care if a republican commits the action.

Yawn
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT "insert here"

In early March 2015 Barack Obama made a statement that he only learned about Hillary's private email use from news reports at the same time everyone else learned of them. That immediately caused concern inside the Hillary campaign.** Cheryl Mills** wrote on 2015-03-07:
    we need to clean this up - he has emails from her - they do not say state.gov
    They immediately knew that Obama lied and they will have to clean up the lie somehow.
    To put this in context, about the "clean this up" part: Paul Combetta had a phone conversation with Cheryl Mills, the author of the above email. After this conversation took place Paul Combetta took it upon himself to use BleachBit and wipe out the emails in question, permanently deleting them. Including every single email between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. As the result of this action by Combetta after the conversation with Cheryl Mills the issue of President Obama's emails were indeed "cleaned up". The contents of those emails are not known to this day, two weeks before the election, as a result of Combetta's deletion after the conversation with Cheryl Mills.
    Combetta used a software program called BleachBit to delete the backups between March 25-31, 2015. The deletion occurred just before Combetta took part in a conference call with Clinton’s lawyers, including Mills and Samuelson.
    At the time all of the emails were under Congressional Subpoena to be preserved. The subpoena was issued on March 4 2015: The Benghazi committee issues a subpoena requiring Clinton to preserve all emails from her private server.
    It is interesting to note, that FBI Director James Comey said in a July 2016 statement that the FBI investigation"found no evidence that any of the additional work-related emails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them."
    Now it may just be me, but "clean this up" sounds awfully close to "conceal them", when talking about emails.
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/31077
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

In early March 2015 Barack Obama made a statement that he only learned about Hillary's private email use from news reports at the same time everyone else learned of them. That immediately caused concern inside the Hillary campaign.** Cheryl Mills** wrote on 2015-03-07:
    They immediately knew that Obama lied and they will have to clean up the lie somehow.
    To put this in context, about the "clean this up" part: Paul Combetta had a phone conversation with Cheryl Mills, the author of the above email. After this conversation took place Paul Combetta took it upon himself to use BleachBit and wipe out the emails in question, permanently deleting them. Including every single email between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. As the result of this action by Combetta after the conversation with Cheryl Mills the issue of President Obama's emails were indeed "cleaned up". The contents of those emails are not known to this day, two weeks before the election, as a result of Combetta's deletion after the conversation with Cheryl Mills.
    Combetta used a software program called BleachBit to delete the backups between March 25-31, 2015. The deletion occurred just before Combetta took part in a conference call with Clinton’s lawyers, including Mills and Samuelson.
    At the time all of the emails were under Congressional Subpoena to be preserved. The subpoena was issued on March 4 2015: The Benghazi committee issues a subpoena requiring Clinton to preserve all emails from her private server.
    It is interesting to note, that FBI Director James Comey said in a July 2016 statement that the FBI investigation"found no evidence that any of the additional work-related emails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them."
    Now it may just be me, but "clean this up" sounds awfully close to "conceal them", when talking about emails.

out of all the emails i think this could actually cause a problem....this is getting interesting

i wasnt really impressed with much before this
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

out of all the emails i think this could actually cause a problem....this is getting interesting

i wasnt really impressed with much before this
    Yup..... But who will cover it? Who will go after it?
    The major powers are all in bed together. criminal activity happening right in front of you-
    Clintonite army think it's a brilliant idea that she just ignore the press and any questions. Do you think these people are impowering her?

Bring out the stickers!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

These so-called progressives out here Don't care!!! They only care if a republican commits the action.

Yawn
    partisanship works both ways. don't pretend it doesn't.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Imagine being a reporter on the Clinton bus and going 9 fucking months straight without being able to ask a question.
    Sit your asses in the back and shut the fuck up! You will speak when spoken too!
    Today is your lucky day, the queen will take some questions on her victory debate. 3 questions taken. Now go back to sitting your asses down. We'll talk after the election.

And the CLintonite army in tears because of how proud they are of her.. hahaha
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    tonifig8 said:

Imagine being a reporter on the Clinton bus and going 9 fucking months straight without being able to ask a question.
    Sit your asses in the back and shut the fuck up! You will speak when spoken too!
    Today is your lucky day, the queen will take some questions on her victory debate. 3 questions taken. Now go back to sitting your asses down. We'll talk after the election.

If they're all on the payroll or in the bag for her, why would they allow her to treat them so badly? Is it an abusive relationship?
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    HUUUURNNNT HUUUURNNNTTT
This discussion has been closed.