The Podesta Emails

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Not sure how some cannot see the obvious subversion of democracy of by and for the people.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    JC29856 said:

Not sure how some cannot see the obvious subversion of democracy of by and for the people.

I do, I am just not surprised by it. That's why these emails aren't interesting to me. Old news, really. That doesn't mean I don't see what the problem is and has been for a long long time. These emails aren't going to do anything about it, right?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

Find a new hobby... you seem obsessed... I know we don't know each other, but I'm 100% serious

Guess what, if you don't like the thread, don't read.
    I think my2hands got a point. You're going to be terribly depressed when nothing comes of these emails. It's not a healthy obsession.
    Attempting to control what people post and ridicule, is quite telling of a person. Enjoy snapchat.
    ...right...anyhow...
    I keep looking at these 'scandalous' emails, but there's nothing there. No substance, just the inner workings of a political machine. It is starting sound like the boy who cried wolf.
    To any Bernie supporter it proves exactly what we thought all along, that the whole thing was rigged against him, The DNC is is just as corrupt as the GOP, and yeah, politicians are dirty and don't give a shit about the people they serve, only special interests and big money.

But that isn't news to Clinton supporters... they tend to prefer an Orwellian society.
    Sounds like sour grapes. Just because your guy lost, doesn't mean the system was rigged against him. Now where else have I heard that? The system is designed to win democratic elections. It appears they are going to be able to do that with the candidate that was selected.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    benjs said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

Find a new hobby... you seem obsessed... I know we don't know each other, but I'm 100% serious

I think my2hands got a point. You're going to be terribly depressed when nothing comes of these emails. It's not a healthy obsession.
    Attempting to control what people post and ridicule, is quite telling of a person. Enjoy snapchat.
    ...right...anyhow...
    I keep looking at these 'scandalous' emails, but there's nothing there. No substance, just the inner workings of a political machine. It is starting sound like the boy who cried wolf.
    To any Bernie supporter it proves exactly what we thought all along, that the whole thing was rigged against him, The DNC is is just as corrupt as the GOP, and yeah, politicians are dirty and don't give a shit about the people they serve, only special interests and big money.

But that isn't news to Clinton supporters... they tend to prefer an Orwellian society.
    Free, this thought just came to me and I'm curious to hear your response. Government members are still citizens of the United States, which means they have the right to partake in not just democracy, but also in capitalism. This is a blatant conflict of interest: just as Wall Street can not be relied upon to police itself and take moral and humanist stances over thoughts of its own bottom-line, Washington very clearly can not either. Speaking loudly about the corruption brings attention to this fact, but how do we mobilize citizens to have government return to speaking for the greatest collective quality of life, rather than the greatest collective dollars in their own pockets, without infringing on their constitutional rights to profiting personally? And without organized mobilization, what end do you see for spending such energy on drawing attention to corruption?
    benjs said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Free, this thought just came to me and I'm curious to hear your response. Government members are still citizens of the United States, which means they have the right to partake in not just democracy, but also in capitalism. This is a blatant conflict of interest: just as Wall Street can not be relied upon to police itself and take moral and humanist stances over thoughts of its own bottom-line, Washington very clearly can not either. Speaking loudly about the corruption brings attention to this fact, but how do we mobilize citizens to have government return to speaking for the greatest collective quality of life, rather than the greatest collective dollars in their own pockets, without infringing on their constitutional rights to profiting personally? And without organized mobilization, what end do you see for spending such energy on drawing attention to corruption?
    Haven't we been kind of talking about this Benjs? (You and me) how did money get into politics in the first place and allow elections to be bought? It Wasn't always like this.

I can't speak for government, but from studying the media and media marketing for so long, I remember when it was a public service. The news was not owned, it was not a part of the capitalistic America that we have become. We got facts from our news, we saw caskets on the news from the wars. That's not allowed anymore.

To begin to answer where you're getting at, maybe start with how corporations became people. Have you seen the documentary "the corporation?" I saw it years ago but I should watch it again it's very informative. To add to that, from http://www.alternet.org/story/153201/the_fascinating_history_of_how_corporations_became_"people"_--_thanks_to_corrupt_courts_working_for_the_1
    At a 2010 conference, former Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Florida, put the potential impact of Citizens United in stark terms. “We’re now in a situation,” he told the crowd, “where a lobbyist can walk into my office…and say, ‘I’ve got five million dollars to spend, and I can spend it for you or against you. Which do you prefer?’”
    To arrive at their ruling, the court’s conservative majority stretched the Orwellian legal concept known as “corporate personhood” to the limit, and gave faceless multinationals expansive rights to influence our elections under the auspices of the First Amendment.
    Another good site: http://reclaimdemocracy.org/corporate-accountability-history-corporations-us/

• Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

If "blurring of lines between press, government and party politics" were anything new, then it would be scandalous. Something that has been going on for years upon years and that everyone already knew about is not, by definition, scandalous. It's not even surprising. If you are upset that it happens, then that's fine obviously, and I'm not saying the fact this this goes on shouldn't be discussed. But just qualify it properly so people can relate. What you're doing right now is telling everyone what we already knew went on for as long as we can remember and then acting self-righteous when we don't all react with shock and as though it means Clinton should be hung up to dry, and this can put a damper on people wanting the issue at all. Just wondering.... where have you been all your life? Did you just start paying attention to politics this year?

Where of you been all your life, you're not even in the US. Since when are we supposed to be complacent with the way things are run in the US? and exactly how long has money and permitted to buy elections? And we should be complacent about that? we should be OK with the media being owned and controlled by government interests? I can go on...
    Since the founding of the Republic, to answer your question.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PJ_Soul said:

If "blurring of lines between press, government and party politics" were anything new, then it would be scandalous. Something that has been going on for years upon years and that everyone already knew about is not, by definition, scandalous. It's not even surprising. If you are upset that it happens, then that's fine obviously, and I'm not saying the fact this this goes on shouldn't be discussed. But just qualify it properly so people can relate. What you're doing right now is telling everyone what we already knew went on for as long as we can remember and then acting self-righteous when we don't all react with shock and as though it means Clinton should be hung up to dry, and this can put a damper on people wanting the issue at all. Just wondering.... where have you been all your life? Did you just start paying attention to politics this year?

:clap:
    People are using this to validate their own fears and let their conspiracy warped minds run rampant. It's awfully naive to believe the press was ever 'fair & balanced'. The only people who were telling you that was the media under the guise of neutrality for the purpose of selling advertising dollars. Anyone who was even remotely paying attention knew otherwise.
    benjs said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Dismantling citizens United for starters. Corporations are not people and that should never of been passed, and it has been disastrous to The people of this country. How do we do it? How do we take power away from the corps? These "people", such as Mylan ( and the rest of the Pharma cuticles), are using their constitutional power in ways that are obscene to humanity. And the government has gotten involved, to embarrass and practically force them to relieve Americans of Mylan's insane and ever increasing prices for medicine! That's capitalism for you along with corporations being "people".
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Sounds like sour grapes. Just because your guy lost, doesn't mean the system was rigged against him. Now where else have I heard that? The system is designed to win democratic elections. It appears they are going to be able to do that with the candidate that was selected.
    Not at all. Do you not know how to question potential candidates for the presidency of your country?

Do you not know how to question potential candidates for the presidency of your country?

Do you not know how to question potential candidates for the presidency of your country?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This is all fucking child's play compared to what went on during the Bush years...

Wake me up when you have something juicy
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Not at all. Do you not know how to question potential candidates for the presidency of your country?

I do, questions are scheduled for:
    Monday, September 26, 2016
    Sunday, October 9, 2016
    and Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Lest we forget: two-year investigation, encompassing 33 hearings held in congressional investigations and four public hearings, at an estimated cost of $7 million and counting.

How long are you going to beat this drum before you realize you're just serving as a useful idiot for the RNC? They keep manufacturing this outrage, and you keep selling it. When you get down to it, there's nothing there but political theater.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

Excellent work, JC!

The excuses by the Clintonites are amazing. They apparently speak for Clinton. We haven't heard shit from that crook nor the White House, other then blaming Russia and bring up Trump's sorry ass. These sheep don't care that their queen is dodging and avoiding these hard facts. In fact when she went into hiding, avoiding the press for 9+months (and she's back at it again), they praised her and encouraged her for doing so.....WTF is wrong with these people!?!?! It's amazing the level of brainwash some of these folks have.
    Instead they make excuses for her, excuse after excuse after excuse...rather then somehow someway trying to improve our country's. democracy. Why? Because they put a politician above our country. Dumb it down.

keep up the excellent work, JC..... You're doing the media's work.

are you wearing a superman costume right now?
    Is that a hint? Are you trying to see what I'm wearing?
    Snap chat, brother... Give the people what they want!
    edited October 2016
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Lest we forget: two-year investigation, encompassing 33 hearings held in congressional investigations and four public hearings, at an estimated cost of $7 million and counting.

How long are you going to beat this drum before you realize you're just serving as a useful idiot for the RNC? They keep manufacturing this outrage, and you keep selling it. When you get down to it, there's nothing there but political theater.
    You're pretty predictable. You think you've got me figured out, I am not a part of the Republicans at all. The world is not black-and-white, not everyone is a part of the two-party system.

Post edited by Free on
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    Free said:

benjs said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

benjs said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Haven't we been kind of talking about this Benjs? (You and me) how did money get into politics in the first place and allow elections to be bought? It Wasn't always like this.

I can't speak for government, but from studying the media and media marketing for so long, I remember when it was a public service. The news was not owned, it was not a part of the capitalistic America that we have become. We got facts from our news, we saw caskets on the news from the wars. That's not allowed anymore.

To begin to answer where you're getting at, maybe start with how corporations became people. Have you seen the documentary "the corporation?" I saw it years ago but I should watch it again it's very informative. To add to that, from http://www.alternet.org/story/153201/the_fascinating_history_of_how_corporations_became_"people"_--_thanks_to_corrupt_courts_working_for_the_1
    At a 2010 conference, former Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Florida, put the potential impact of Citizens United in stark terms. “We’re now in a situation,” he told the crowd, “where a lobbyist can walk into my office…and say, ‘I’ve got five million dollars to spend, and I can spend it for you or against you. Which do you prefer?’”
    To arrive at their ruling, the court’s conservative majority stretched the Orwellian legal concept known as “corporate personhood” to the limit, and gave faceless multinationals expansive rights to influence our elections under the auspices of the First Amendment.
    Another good site: http://reclaimdemocracy.org/corporate-accountability-history-corporations-us/

I don't think we've spoken directly to whether the structure of America (being both democratic and capitalist) leads to inherent abuses of power, and that was my main point. Look at articles which speak to the current-day value of former Presidents' wealth: they are tremendous. I don't think the exploitation of this paradoxical idea (a capitalist democracy) is anything remotely novel.

As for news being a public service - who is actually inhibiting the news from being truthful? Without buying tickets from scalpers, the scalping industry ceases to exist. Without an audience of mentally lazy humans, the news for mentally lazy humans ceases to exist. Are we not at fault for this? Capitalism is at its core opportunist. We create free markets, we convince people they need our product or service, and they respond with their attention, and ultimately, their dollars. I don't blame opportunist entrepreneurs for adhering to core principles of capitalism: I blame the humans who choose to sit by idly and not question out of (insert human flaw here).

When I get home from work tonight, I'll check out those links you provided along with the documentary - thanks for sharing!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Hey Bernie, great to see you taking questions for the American people. Um, Free Dumb here, concerned American citizen, activist blogger, defender of truth, justice and the American way. I've got a couple of questions for you: Can you explain to the American people why you neglected to rally the majority of democratic governors, many of who are super delegates, to your side and why you chose to appeal to the average primary voter as opposed to running an inside campaign? You have since endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, is there any circumstance in which you would pull your endorsement of Hillary Clinton and make a public announcement to such effect? Do you believe there is a shadow government that resides on the 7th floor of the State Department building? Thank you.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    edited October 2016
    benjs said:

Free said:

benjs said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

benjs said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

I don't think we've spoken directly to whether the structure of America (being both democratic and capitalist) leads to inherent abuses of power, and that was my main point. Look at articles which speak to the current-day value of former Presidents' wealth: they are tremendous. I don't think the exploitation of this paradoxical idea (a capitalist democracy) is anything remotely novel.

As for news being a public service - who is actually inhibiting the news from being truthful? Without buying tickets from scalpers, the scalping industry ceases to exist. Without an audience of mentally lazy humans, the news for mentally lazy humans ceases to exist. Are we not at fault for this? Capitalism is at its core opportunist. We create free markets, we convince people they need our product or service, and they respond with their attention, and ultimately, their dollars. I don't blame opportunist entrepreneurs for adhering to core principles of capitalism: I blame the humans who choose to sit by idly and not question out of (insert human flaw here).

When I get home from work tonight, I'll check out those links you provided along with the documentary - thanks for sharing!

(Yes, we haven't talked about that but we have talked about how to stop the corruption.)

But they pass citizens United without the people "allowing" it to happen, they didn't ask for anybody's approval when they did that. With the media, there are still people who believe that what we see in mainstream media is truthful. It hasn't been truthful and we haven't been getting the actual news since the 70s. These are behind closed door actions. subliminal advertising – advertising with flashes of another message incorporated at a fraction of a second, - is a tool to me to make the consumer feel a certain way or to buy a certain product without their knowing. It's manipulation. It's done without the consumer knowing. So to say all this privatization of a public service was done with us knowing about it isn't true. It's very deceptive. Many of the corporate loopholes are totally not done with our knowing. That's how we "allow it to happen".

Check out the doc,! :)
    Post edited by Free on
    I do have to admit that I enjoy the sensationalized comments and summaries being provided by the OP
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Sunday, October 9, 2016

You're pretty predictable. You think you've got me figured out, I am not a part of the Republicans at all. The world is not black-and-white, not everyone is a part of the two-party system.

I assumed he meant that you're serving as an unwitting useful agent for the RNC, like you're doing their work for them, and not even on purpose. If that is what he meant, I have to agree.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Sunday, October 9, 2016

I assumed he meant that you're serving as an unwitting useful agent for the RNC, like you're doing their work for them, and not even on purpose. If that is what he meant, I have to agree.
    Good. think what you want. Means nothing to me. But if it makes things more interesting I'm all for it.
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Sunday, October 9, 2016

You keep saying this like it means something. We're looking at one of the most vetted candidates in history. She's been under attack since essentially she helped impeach Nixon. I've seen the history, the accolades, the affairs, the emails, the investigations, the Town Halls, the Debates. The RNC has admitting defeat and riding out this email narrative to start with 4 more years of investigations and obstructionism. You want to get all the nasty money and influence out of politics (whatever that is supposed to mean)? How about we approve a Supreme Court Justice? Or fill some of the many Judicial Vacancies that Republicans have approve to fill over the last 8 years, creating a Constitutional crisis. Instead, you are selling the outrage narrative about internal memos that the obstructionist right is manufacturing thinking it's going to change.....something? I think that by hanging your hat on these emails, you're proving to be the influenced, not than the person doing the influencing.
    edited October 2016
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Sunday, October 9, 2016

You keep saying this like it means something. We're looking at one of the most vetted candidates in history. She's been under attack since essentially she helped impeach Nixon. I've seen the history, the accolades, the affairs, the emails, the investigations, the Town Halls, the Debates. The RNC has admitting defeat and riding out this email narrative to start with 4 more years of investigations and obstructionism. You want to get all the nasty money and influence out of politics (whatever that is supposed to mean)? How about we approve a Supreme Court Justice? Or fill some of the many Judicial Vacancies that Republicans have approve to fill over the last 8 years, creating a Constitutional crisis. Instead, you are selling the outrage narrative about internal memos that the obstructionist right is manufacturing thinking it's going to change.....something? I think that by hanging your hat on these emails, you're proving to be the influenced, not than the person doing the influencing.
    Actually, you're the one who's being influenced judging from your post. You're clearly not on the side of the Republicans because you see them as the enemy so you're not going to question the Democratic nominee.

As an outsider of the two-party system, I have a more objective view and I question both parties, and both nominees. Something more Americans SHOULD do rather than blindly vote based on party lines and/or fear. Look at both candidates instead of automatically siding with one and not questioning both equally.

But it's your vote, so vote however you want to. Just don't tell me how I should vote.

Again, Do you not know how to question potential candidates for the presidency of your country? Do you not know how to look at ALL of them???
    Post edited by Free on
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Hey Bernie, great to see you taking questions for the American people. Um, Free Dumb here, concerned American citizen, activist blogger, defender of truth, justice and the American way. I've got a couple of questions for you: Can you explain to the American people why you neglected to rally the majority of democratic governors, many of who are super delegates, to your side and why you chose to appeal to the average primary voter as opposed to running an inside campaign? You have since endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, is there any circumstance in which you would pull your endorsement of Hillary Clinton and make a public announcement to such effect? Do you believe there is a shadow government that resides on the 7th floor of the State Department building? Thank you.
    Are you calling him Dumb?
  • Who? Bernie?

Brilliantati©
    I wonder if there is a difference between calling someone dumb and calling them sheeple? :pensive: I would say there is not.
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

...right...anyhow...

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Here is the "headquarters" of the front (PAC?) behind the Assange "took US$1M from Russia" plot

More: https://t.co/xOjTy15Mkf https://t.co/ukcZ6O9URv
    my2hands said:

You are an obsession
    I cannot sleep
    I am your possession
    Unopened at your feet
    There's no balance
    No equality
    Be still I will not accept defeat
    I will have you
    Yes, I will have you
    I will find a way and I will have you
    Like a butterfly
    A wild butterly
    I will collect you and capture you
    You are an obsession
    You're my obsession
    Who do you want me to be
    To make you sleep with me
    You are an obsession
    You're my obsession
    Who do you want me to be
    To make you sleep with me
    I feed you I drink you
    My day and my night
    I need you I need you
    By sun or candlelight
    You protest
    You want to leave
    Stay
    Oh, there's no alternative
    Your face appears again
    I see the beauty there
    But I see danger
    Stranger beware
    A circumstance
    In your naked dreams
    Your affection is not what it seems
    edited October 2016
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/16357

A manufactured candidate built with polls and focus groups. She a widget!

I would like to loop Dan and Jake into drafting of likely policy initiatives for testing--they have already provided me some input, but I'd like to get them on calls with the team to drill down on this in more detail, since it's so important. I know that policy is still a nascent process and will be highly iterative, but I don't think it makes sense to do the polling in isolation from the policy work itself (since the research should be supporting and informing the policy development)

-Clinton team trying to determine what Hillary's policy positions should be based on polling.

My one thought from the conversation I participated in with Wendy is that her strength is in branding and marketing, using the evidence base in determining how to generate the behaviors sought in the target audience. So I think she has the capacity and creativity to drive the brand development and strategy from inception to execution. I imagine she would rely on the data that is being collected through the polling and focus groups you outline but equally as important, would likely have questions she might suggest specifically be included in the process.
    It's like they're developing an advertisement campaign for a product, only the product is Hillary Clinton.

I would still assume our budget will be in the $2+ million range per my earlier memo

-They spent $2 Million on polling and focus groups to craft Hillary's public persona.
This discussion has been closed.