THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    My TV didn't break but I texted a buddy that it will end up in a Trump ad. It was dumb to say.
    I don't know if Trump won. I don't think Hilary won either. I think that this will take some days to clear up if anyone won.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941
    edited October 2016
    You think Trump won? How? (question to Mace)
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

He didn't grab her crotch. That's a win in Trump land.
  • dignin said:

He didn't grab her crotch. That's a win in Trump land.
    That is your pejorative.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Wow. What a wild finish.

Crazy game. That's two walk-offs in a row for me. It was mental in there.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mcgruff10 said:

Probably just nitpicking but why doesn't Hillary wear an American flag pin during the debates?

because she wants a one world government and the crazy _____ thinks she will be the evil leader....?

Godfather.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Where did they find a room full of uncommitted voters?

I feel the next debate should be held on Jerry Springer's set.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,123
    The CNN poll showed Clinton won 57% Trump 33% , she held her own he did nothing to prove that's his fit to be president or bring new voters to his side .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

The CNN poll showed Clinton won 57% Trump 33% , she held her own he did nothing to prove that's his fit to be president or bring new voters to his side .....

"you'd be in jail" LOL ! that was a classic statement....I sure hope he wins.

Godfather.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858

Godfather.

Yeah, it's his statements like that one which prove he is just shock with no substance. It delights his audience but that's about it. Pretty much the way it's been all along.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,123

Godfather.

All the pundits said that was the lowest moment of the night for him to even go there ...your boy is loosing it !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Has anyone ever promised that they would throw their opponent in jail when elected POTUS?

I think that is when I switched back to the Packers game.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,414
    Jason P said:

Has anyone ever promised that they would throw their opponent in jail when elected POTUS?

I think that is when I switched back to the Packers game.

yea evil dictators.

i actually thought Trump came across as less crazy and unhinged than i thought he would coming in. he seemed more in control after the beginning.

the problems with these debates is that neither candidate really answers the questions. they give about 5 seconds on the direct question than go off onto a whole other tangent. i wish the moderators could do something to keep them on point. personally i think giving them 2 minutes to answer a question is too long.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394

mcgruff10 said:

Probably just nitpicking but why doesn't Hillary wear an American flag pin during the debates?

because she wants a one world government and the crazy _____ thinks she will be the evil leader....?

Godfather.

Oh did you watch this one?
    www.myspace.com

Godfather.

That and all of his other stunts only excited people like you.....not the people he needs to win the election.
    www.myspace.com

Yup. She held her own, took everything he threw at her, and is still standing. I think she did what she had to do last night.

www.myspace.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I can't get over his repetitive, childish vocabulary.
    I would like to see an analysis of the vocabulary used by each, I wouldn't be surprised if she used twice as many distinct words as he did.

It wasn't a grand slam from Clinton, and he did a little better than last time, but if you think Trump won that, you need remedial classes in every subject imaginable!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

Yup. She held her own, took everything he threw at her, and is still standing. I think she did what she had to do last night.

It should have been her "Finish Him!" moment. First she got a softball first question lobbed to her and the mods were clearly on her side ... but she didn't finish him. She seemed incredulous that it wasn't happening.
    Jason P said:

It should have been her "Finish Him!" moment. First she got a softball first question lobbed to her and the mods were clearly on her side ... but she didn't finish him. She seemed incredulous that it wasn't happening.
    The mods were not "clearly on her side" that is just ridiculous.
    Jason P said:

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,112
    She doesn't have the kind of political skills necessary to deliver a "knockout" on a debate stage. She isn't Obama or Bill. If she tried to she would have likely flubbed it and the attempt would get played over and over. Her best bet was to do exactly what she did - let Trump punch himself out and look unqualified/angry/crazy doing it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

From what I saw they were. When the crowd first cheered Trump the mods shut the crowd down. The very next Hillary answer, the crowd cheered and they said nothing and let it go. The mods were interrupting Trump more then he was interrupting Hillary. I didn't see them stopping Hillary when she tried to dodge a tough question like they did Trump.

Again, I didn't watch the whole thing because I choose to watch a more civilized form of entertainment ... football.
    Jason P said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

From what I saw they were. When the crowd first cheered Trump the mods shut the crowd down. The very next Hillary answer, the crowd cheered and they said nothing and let it go. The mods were interrupting Trump more then he was interrupting Hillary. I didn't see them stopping Hillary when she tried to dodge a tough question like they did Trump.

Again, I didn't watch the whole thing because I choose to watch a more civilized form of entertainment ... football.
    Ahhh, that's why. It was a little lop-sided in the beginning but they evened out and hit Clinton just as hard. They pressed her, they followed up and it's not the moderators' fault that she debates better and is capable of crafting a response.
  • rgambs said:

Jason P said:

It truly is amazing how the debates can only go one way lest the radlibs get upset.
    Go Hillary!
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Finally watched it. I was honest when I said Trump was terrible in the first debate but last night he shredded her. Absolutely shredded her. I have zero idea whether it will matter but he owned that townhall.
    Jason P said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Ahhh, that's why. It was a little lop-sided in the beginning but they evened out and hit Clinton just as hard. They pressed her, they followed up and it's not the moderators' fault that she debates better and is capable of crafting a response. Clinton dodges less and does it with 1000x the skill.

Also, the crowd cheers were admonished when they were the result of a silly cheap shot, genuine cheers were allowed on both sides for the most part.
    edited October 2016
    Jason P said:

Nah I disagree. She was debating a circus clown who is in the process of killing himself and the republican party....just a tad slower than we thought yesterday morning.
    www.myspace.com
    eddiec said:

Godfather.

Yeah, it's his statements like that one which prove he is just shock with no substance. It delights his audience but that's about it. Pretty much the way it's been all along.
    yeah and Hillary has been a champion of fair play and moral values LOL !

Godfather.

Godfather.

That and all of his other stunts only excited people like you.....not the people he needs to win the election.
    HAHAHAHHAHAHA !! ohhhhh did that strike a nerve ?....get used to it, she has a very shady past.

Godfather.

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Did everyone else's TV liar-meter explode when Hilliary said this tonight?
    I take classified materials very serious and always have.

She broke mine a long time ago. But she's perfected the art of dodging so she doesn't have to lie as much. Could t even answer the very first question that was from the audience.
    You can tell Trump won by the lack of responses here. Last debate the s was flooded with comments how Hilary kicked butt, now there more debate if she wore a pin or not than anything else.
    Only 3 posters headbang Hilliary and flood the comments. The entire who won who lost is total subjective non sense that can be dissected discussed at nauseum to further distract from the real issues, most of which were not addressed last night.