THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    Right hand "person". LOL.

This stuff is funny. All of the issues we face in the world and people go for that.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    I thought Pence came off as calm, composed, and professional. he even praised Kaine on a few occasions. Kaine came off as somewhat agitated, annoyed, and rude (because of the constant interruptions). it seems to me that maybe he's thinking "do I really have to argue AGAINST Trump and his campaign? I mean, look at the shit he says!".

Pence reminds me of one of those televangelists speaking to his flock of sheep.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

benjs said:

pee wee hermin would be a stronger leader than obama.......

Godfather.

Why do you feel it necessary to type "Godfather." after each post? Especially the posts that have nothing to do with anything.
    just because.....does it bother you ? or you looking for another means to attack me personally ? if you are that uncomfortable with the party affiliation you've chosen or the life you've chosen then please by all means allow me to be your venting sound board I'm not easily offended or emotionally hurt, just one of those things I've mastered over the years so bring it on Brother I'm here for you. LOL !

"Godfather."

Godfather, every attack aimed in your direction I've seen on here has been a direct result of ignorant, illogical, false, unfounded, hyperbolic, xenophobic and/or racist remarks. Since you can suffer these attacks and deflect, laugh, re-offend, or ignore, it makes perfect sense that Trump would be seen by you not only ideal as a Presidential candidate, but an overall great role model. Without an ounce of decorum, your voice won't be treated as having an ounce of validity.
    and yet you find it within yourself to reply, the fact that I'm not a "find my safe place" pussy makes it easy for those that are to attack me...
    as you yourself stated " every attack aimed in your direction" reassures me that I am right and that my friend is the reality of it, I hope that I've helped you to understand your decision's in life....now go, be free !

Godfather.

I always find it hilarious that people who make racist comments commend themselves for "speaking their minds". yeah, good for you. you're brave enough to show people on the internet your true colours.

Uh, hello? we speak ours minds too. we just don't share your antiquated ideals.

www.headstonesband.com

benjs said:

Godfather.

Why do you feel it necessary to type "Godfather." after each post? Especially the posts that have nothing to do with anything.
    just because.....does it bother you ? or you looking for another means to attack me personally ? if you are that uncomfortable with the party affiliation you've chosen or the life you've chosen then please by all means allow me to be your venting sound board I'm not easily offended or emotionally hurt, just one of those things I've mastered over the years so bring it on Brother I'm here for you. LOL !

"Godfather."

Godfather, every attack aimed in your direction I've seen on here has been a direct result of ignorant, illogical, false, unfounded, hyperbolic, xenophobic and/or racist remarks. Since you can suffer these attacks and deflect, laugh, re-offend, or ignore, it makes perfect sense that Trump would be seen by you not only ideal as a Presidential candidate, but an overall great role model. Without an ounce of decorum, your voice won't be treated as having an ounce of validity.
    and yet you find it within yourself to reply, the fact that I'm not a "find my safe place" pussy makes it easy for those that are to attack me...
    as you yourself stated " every attack aimed in your direction" reassures me that I am right and that my friend is the reality of it, I hope that I've helped you to understand your decision's in life....now go, be free !

Godfather.

This falls in the "ignorant" category.
    coming from a guy who believes everything Hillary says.......ignorance is bliss apparently.

Godfather.

this coming from a guy who does no research for himself. let's fox news do it all for him. bravo, sir, bravo.

www.headstonesband.com

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

I always find it hilarious that people who make racist comments commend themselves for "speaking their minds". yeah, good for you. you're brave enough to show people on the internet your true colours.

Ha, yes, speaking your mind and safe spaces seem to be good cliches for people with racist comments. Perhaps we do speak our mind and don't need safe spaces, we just don't have ignorant views.

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

Is this the end of GF for a while?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

not likely
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

could be.....you know you're going to miss me LOL !!

Godfather.

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

not likely
    I also don't think it should be...

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

could be.....you know you're going to miss me LOL !!

Godfather.

Well it certainly wouldn't be as lively around here

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

coming from a guy who believes everything Hillary says.......ignorance is bliss apparently.

Godfather.

this coming from a guy who does no research for himself. let's fox news do it all for him. bravo, sir, bravo.
    do you really believe that ? quite an accusation.

Godfather.

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

Ha, yes, speaking your mind and safe spaces seem to be good cliches for people with racist comments. Perhaps we do speak our mind and don't need safe spaces, we just don't have ignorant views.
    hahahahhahahahhaha !!!!! ohhhhh yes you do !

Godfather.

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    I think I can say that it's pretty apparent.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    how so? you have given me nor anyone else any reason to believe otherwise. the only sources you have ever linked to, when you link any, have been fox news. I have never seen anything else.

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,862
    Couldn't watch the VP debate. I tried for maybe 10 minutes and then turned it off. I just couldn't handle watching two grown men yelling over each other like that. I could barely understand what either one was saying anyhow, and neither of them were answering the questions asked of them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Voters Tune Into VP Debate To Find Out What Race Would Look Like If This Was Normal Election Year

FARMVILLE, VA—Seeking a brief respite from the unpredictable and unprecedented circumstances of the 2016 presidential election, voters across the country reportedly tuned into the vice presidential debate Tuesday night to find out what the race would have looked like if this were a normal election year. “After everything we’ve seen and heard this year, it’s going to be kind of a nice change of pace to turn on the VP debate tonight and watch a couple stiff, gray-haired politicians deliver canned answers in a restrained tone of voice like this was a regular presidential election,” said Prescott, AZ voter Juan Morales, 51, who, like millions of other citizens, expressed interest in catching a brief glimpse of the kind of by-the-numbers race the country would be in the midst of right now if this were almost any other time in American history. “Nobody’s going to be yelling or going on wild tangents about the other candidate’s personal life, and there certainly won’t be any talk of breaking down any historic social barriers. Just two nearly indistinguishable old men saying fairly measured things and trying to avoid gaffes. Boy, it’s going to bring back a lot of memories of all the other presidential races in my lifetime.” The nation’s voters added that, given how tonight’s exchange would assuredly unfold like a normal presidential debate from any other election season, they were looking forward to losing interest halfway through and changing the channel to something else.

theonion.com/article/voters-tune-vp-debate-find-out-what-race-would-loo-54092
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,121
    The only thing Pence accomplished was to set himself up for a run in 2020 he couldn't even defend the Bafoon that is his running mate !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited October 2016

The only thing Pence accomplished was to set himself up for a run in 2020 he couldn't even defend the Bafoon that is his running mate !

I don't see Pence as a realistic 2020 candidate at all. The party would want someone much more appealing to a larger population than he ever could be. He's too much of a Bible thumper to be able to win the Presidency IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Pence was just on the Rush Limbaugh show and he was slobbing Trump's knob so hard it was sickening. He refused to talk about his performance, he kept saying Trump won the debate because he has such a great vision for America. It was pretty nauseating and it lends credibility to the claims I have seen that Trump would be angry if people suggested that Pence was overshadowing him.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

Pence was just on the Rush Limbaugh show and he was slobbing Trump's knob so hard it was sickening. He refused to talk about his performance, he kept saying Trump won the debate because he has such a great vision for America. It was pretty nauseating and it lends credibility to the claims I have seen that Trump would be angry if people suggested that Pence was overshadowing him.

You listen to Rush???
    Jason P said:

rgambs said:

You listen to Rush???
    I figure if anyone on the Presidential ballots is on his gross show, everyone should listen. Actually, they should especially listen to such an interview. If they're going to reveal the worst parts of themselves and their platforms, it's probably going to be on the Rush Limbaugh show!
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    rgambs said:

Pence was just on the Rush Limbaugh show.

...sigh...
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:

rgambs said:

You listen to Rush???
    Yeah, and Hannity too!
    It's fun listening to the genesis of right- wing insanity and then hearing it filter down through the ranks over the next few days.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    CM189191 said:

rgambs said:

Pence was just on the Rush Limbaugh show.

...sigh...
    Right?
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

rgambs said:

You listen to Rush???
    Yeah, and Hannity too!
    It's fun listening to the genesis of right- wing insanity and then hearing it filter down through the ranks over the next few days.
    I used to be a dittohead in the 90s....I bought both of that stupid fuckers books

PJ_Soul said:

I don't see Pence as a realistic 2020 candidate at all. The party would want someone much more appealing to a larger population than he ever could be. He's too much of a Bible thumper to be able to win the Presidency IMO.
    Definitely. Pence was priming himself to run for President until he passed that anti-gay bill in Indiana. As soon as that blew up on him he figured he had better slink back down in his hole.

He couldn't survive a national election. As you said, there are better GOP candidates. There is video of him yammering on in COngress about how evolution was bullshit. He's a fucking idiot.

funniest and most meme-worthy comment from last night's VP debate:

Pence on how his faith affects his political decisions: "I spend some time every day on my knees".

so many possibilities.

:rofl:

www.headstonesband.com

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

rgambs said:

You listen to Rush???
    Yeah, and Hannity too!
    I used to be a dittohead in the 90s....I bought both of that stupid fuckers books
    :open_mouth:

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

The only real winner was Baraku on Democracy Now.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Jason P said:

rgambs said:

You listen to Rush???
    The only Rush I listen to is Geddy, Alex and Neil.