THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    VP on Tuesday I believe.
  • VP on Tuesday I believe.

Whats odds on Trump going on an offensive social media rant during this debate so he can get all the headlines the next day and lose another debate?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,451
    I keep reading that Trump will only do the next debate if Hillary isn't there. True or satire, it's hilarious.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Indianapolis Posts: 19,318
    unsung said:

Where do you guys keep coming up with this Libertarian thing? Because I'm not a Democrat or Republican I'm a Libertarian now? If I were I'd vote for Johnson, but I'm not voting.

Maybe it's because of that Rand Paul avatar
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    It's Ron but it's also four years old.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562

I keep reading that Trump will only do the next debate if Hillary isn't there. True or satire, it's hilarious.

:lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    What in the fuck was the beginning of that? Baseball seems like a better choice tonight
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Im muting the debate and turning the volume back up when the VP green candidate speaks on Democracy Now.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Much better debate tonight.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I think Pence and Trump should switch places if GOP wants to win.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Some Guy debating Pence came off as snarky. It's like they have had that Guy in a room feeding him bullet points for the last several months. I wonder who that Guy was?
    I thought they both did well. Kaine is getting criticized for interrupting but holy shit....Pence just fucking lied the entire night. He kept denying that Trump said things that Kaine was directly quoting. He denied saying that Putin was a stronger leader than Obama, etc.

What we should take away from this is that Pence refused to defend Trump...instead he just created a fantasy world where Trump didn't say all those things. The ads generated from that debate are going to be epic.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    pee wee hermin would be a stronger leader than obama.......

Godfather.

Godfather.

Why do you feel it necessary to type "Godfather." after each post? Especially the posts that have nothing to do with anything.

Godfather.

Why do you feel it necessary to type "Godfather." after each post? Especially the posts that have nothing to do with anything.
    just because.....does it bother you ? or you looking for another means to attack me personally ? if you are that uncomfortable with the party affiliation you've chosen or the life you've chosen then please by all means allow me to be your venting sound board I'm not easily offended or emotionally hurt, just one of those things I've mastered over the years so bring it on Brother I'm here for you. LOL !

"Godfather."

Godfather.

just because.....does it bother you ? or you looking for another means to attack me personally ? if you are that uncomfortable with the party affiliation you've chosen or the life you've chosen then please by all means allow me to be your venting sound board I'm not easily offended or emotionally hurt, just one of those things I've mastered over the years so bring it on Brother I'm here for you. LOL !

"Godfather."

No I was just curious. Kind of an odd thing to do when we all obviously know who is posting.

I mean....no one else does that. Do you think it's required or something? Like if you don't do it we won't know who the post is from?

edited October 2016
    I thought Kaine was pretty terrible. The corny rehearsed lines didn't do it for me and every time I flicked back to it it was some sort of pissing match over something Trump said. Was hoping for more of a policy debate out of those two.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Jason P said:

I think Pence and Trump should switch places if GOP wants to win.

Pence is just better at hiding the crazy. That guy is Ted Cruz nuts.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,088
    Yeah it was unimpressive. Was baffled by the choice of Tim Kaine when she made it and was no less baffled last night. Thought Pence in a vacuum came across better but the guy lied through his teeth repeatedly about things Trump has said, done, or proposed. Was glad when it was over.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,096

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather, every attack aimed in your direction I've seen on here has been a direct result of ignorant, illogical, false, unfounded, hyperbolic, xenophobic and/or racist remarks. Since you can suffer these attacks and deflect, laugh, re-offend, or ignore, it makes perfect sense that Trump would be seen by you not only ideal as a Presidential candidate, but an overall great role model. Without an ounce of decorum, your voice won't be treated as having an ounce of validity.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,524
    benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather, every attack aimed in your direction I've seen on here has been a direct result of ignorant, illogical, false, unfounded, hyperbolic, xenophobic and/or racist remarks. Since you can suffer these attacks and deflect, laugh, re-offend, or ignore, it makes perfect sense that Trump would be seen by you not only ideal as a Presidential candidate, but an overall great role model. Without an ounce of decorum, your voice won't be treated as having an ounce of validity.
    ~standing ovation~

I thought Kaine was pretty terrible. The corny rehearsed lines didn't do it for me and every time I flicked back to it it was some sort of pissing match over something Trump said. Was hoping for more of a policy debate out of those two.

Kaine did his job. He was supposed to make it obvious that Pence couldn't/wouldn't defend the bullshit that Trump has said.

Mission accomplished.

Godfather.

"Godfather."

No I was just curious. Kind of an odd thing to do when we all obviously know who is posting.

I mean....no one else does that. Do you think it's required or something? Like if you don't do it we won't know who the post is from?
    habit I guess.

Godfather.

Kaine did his job. He was supposed to make it obvious that Pence couldn't/wouldn't defend the bullshit that Trump has said.

Mission accomplished.
    I hear you. I don't think anyone was swayed one way or another because of last night, I was just disappointed.
    benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

and yet you find it within yourself to reply, the fact that I'm not a "find my safe place" pussy makes it easy for those that are to attack me...
    as you yourself stated " every attack aimed in your direction" reassures me that I am right and that my friend is the reality of it, I hope that I've helped you to understand your decision's in life....now go, be free !

Godfather.

Smellyman said:

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

~standing ovation~
    from the "safe place" crowd ?

Godfather.

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

and yet you find it within yourself to reply, the fact that I'm not a "find my safe place" pussy makes it easy for those that are to attack me...
    as you yourself stated " every attack aimed in your direction" reassures me that I am right and that my friend is the reality of it, I hope that I've helped you to understand your decision's in life....now go, be free !

Godfather.

This falls in the "ignorant" category.

benjs said:

Godfather.

"Godfather."

Godfather.

This falls in the "ignorant" category.
    coming from a guy who believes everything Hillary says.......ignorance is bliss apparently.

Godfather.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,088
    This place has gotten really weird recently.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Mission accomplished.
    I don't know. Kaine came across as obsessed with Trump and unable to stick to what should be a more reasonable and respected policy position. Pence is definitely more polished. I don't like Pence or his religious/political stances, but he seemed more stable than Kaine. Kaine comes across as some sort of goofy hillbilly. I'm sure the debate won't be instrumental in a real swing one direction or the other so no harm done, but I don't want either of these guys to be running the country.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08