Options

pipe bomb explodes at military race in new jersey and now a bomb explodes in nyc

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

so...they're calling to charge this muslim terrorist as an enemy combatant ? AWESOME !

Godfather.

For one, it's not going to happen.

And two, so it's awesome to change the foundation of what this country was built on because some idiot blew up a dumpster?

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lindsey-graham-wants-to-destroy-america-1786824584
    as soon as anybody joins the side of our enemies they are no longer Americans and should be treated as an enemy
    an to me that means no state or federally funded lawyers and no rights as an American, (the ol' stand by) go to a muslim
    country and tell them you demand your human rights and freedom of religion.

Godfather.

wow. nothing like destroying the very idea that this country was founded on. new low
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:

serious question here: I see on Facebook a lot of people I went to high school with (I was the minority in my high school if that makes sense) are up in arms because the guy who set out pipe bombs and pressure cooker bombs somehow lived in a police shoot out. However black people are constantly being gun downed when they are unarmed. the same people are suggesting this guy is white. are muslims considered "white"? like I said, legit question.

There are plenty of morons in the world my friend
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

serious question here: I see on Facebook a lot of people I went to high school with (I was the minority in my high school if that makes sense) are up in arms because the guy who set out pipe bombs and pressure cooker bombs somehow lived in a police shoot out. However black people are constantly being gun downed when they are unarmed. the same people are suggesting this guy is white. are muslims considered "white"? like I said, legit question.

There are plenty of morons in the world my friend
    yes there are!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    pjhawks said:

so...they're calling to charge this muslim terrorist as an enemy combatant ? AWESOME !

Godfather.

And two, so it's awesome to change the foundation of what this country was built on because some idiot blew up a dumpster?

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lindsey-graham-wants-to-destroy-america-1786824584
    as soon as anybody joins the side of our enemies they are no longer Americans and should be treated as an enemy
    an to me that means no state or federally funded lawyers and no rights as an American, (the ol' stand by) go to a muslim

Godfather.

wow. nothing like destroying the very idea that this country was founded on. new low
    unfortunately this is a good portion of the base that Trump is placating to.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802

as soon as anybody joins the side of our enemies they are no longer Americans and should be treated as an enemy an to me that means no state or federally funded lawyers and no rights

You mean like North Korea? Because this is the type of shit they pull in authoritarian regimes like that. We are better that this.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    CM189191 said:

as soon as anybody joins the side of our enemies they are no longer Americans and should be treated as an enemy an to me that means no state or federally funded lawyers and no rights

You mean like North Korea? Because this is the type of shit they pull in authoritarian regimes like that. We are better that this.
    I'm not so sure about that ... you've been meddling and waging war in the Middle East for how long? And why? because a bunch of dumb politicians. Maybe take the high road and get the fuck out of the Middle East, stop buying their oil and selling them weapons, give your tired and weary soldiers a rest from perpetual war ... don't just talk peace, actually promote it and become a peaceful nation that minds its own business and quit bullying the rest of the world to adapt to your version of a fake democracy...no your country is not better than that, most are brainwashed into believing your better than that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

CM189191 said:

I'm not so sure about that ... you've been meddling and waging war in the Middle East for how long? And why? because a bunch of dumb politicians. Maybe take the high road and get the fuck out of the Middle East, stop buying their oil and selling them weapons, give your tired and weary soldiers a rest from perpetual war ... don't just talk peace, actually promote it and become a peaceful nation that minds its own business and quit bullying the rest of the world to adapt to your version of a fake democracy...no your country is not better than that, most are brainwashed into believing your better than that.
    wait you think if the US leaves the Mideast it would be peaceful there?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

lukin2006 said:

CM189191 said:

meddling there is what made the US public enemy #1.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjhawks said:

lukin2006 said:

CM189191 said:

Well how do know if your country is always meddling and participating in perpetual war? It may never be peaceful, doesn't mean your country has to participate in the violence and war and generally make things way worse.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options

pjhawks said:

lukin2006 said:

CM189191 said:

agreed...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited September 2016

PJ_Soul said:

The number of attacks on abortion clinics far exceeded the number of radical muslim attacked in this country

Lol.

So an abortion clinic getting egged is the same as the Boston Marathon?

Define attacked if I'm reading you wrong here please.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

None of those acts listed are clinics that are getting "egged"
    Seriously Thirty, weird post. Why did you relate the word terrorism to egging something?
    Not weird at all Ms. Hypocrisy.

The abortion clinic 'attacks' are hardly comparable to the terrorist attacks we currently witness (like some are seeming to suggest).
    If you say religion is a motivation for terrorism, then they're totally comparable.
    I'm saying the degree of violence are incomparable.
    Degree of violence? What's the difference between a bomb exploding in an abortion clinic as opposed to a dumpster on the street? I think you're missing my point. Which is there have been more attacks on US soil from radical Christians than radical islam. I didn't compare body counts. If that's what you're meaning.
    Blowing up people is different than blowing up empty buildings.

Dontcha think?
    So Christian terrorist have morals?
    No,

But blowing up a building contrary to your beliefs is different than blowing up random people in the streets.

You obviously think they are the same. Too bad.
    :confused:
    You obviously think that Muslim terrorists have no beliefs and no motive at all. How strange. You also seem to think that no one has been hurt or killed in abortion clinic attacks, which of course is far from the truth.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Maybe we could end this religion debate once and for all, any individual who commits a violent act in the name of the imaginary guy in the sky obviously doesn't believe in whatever silly religion their following...and all religion is silly and quite dumb.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

The number of attacks on abortion clinics far exceeded the number of radical muslim attacked in this country

Lol.

Seriously Thirty, weird post. Why did you relate the word terrorism to egging something?

The abortion clinic 'attacks' are hardly comparable to the terrorist attacks we currently witness (like some are seeming to suggest).
    If you say religion is a motivation for terrorism, then they're totally comparable.
    Degree of violence? What's the difference between a bomb exploding in an abortion clinic as opposed to a dumpster on the street? I think you're missing my point. Which is there have been more attacks on US soil from radical Christians than radical islam. I didn't compare body counts. If that's what you're meaning.

Dontcha think?
    No,

But blowing up a building contrary to your beliefs is different than blowing up random people in the streets.

You obviously think that Muslim terrorists have no beliefs and no motive at all. How strange. You also seem to think that no one has been hurt or killed in abortion clinic attacks, which of course is far from the truth.
    That's just stupid (sorry... but it's true).

I do think Muslim terrorists have beliefs and motives: their beliefs and motives include killing people who don't believe the same as them. The number of murders at the hands of Muslim terrorists in the last month (let alone decade) absolutely annihilates the 8-10 people (most of them accidentally blown up by being there when they shouldn't have been) killed at abortion clinic attacks in the past three decades.

You couldn't be any more apologetic.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

Dontcha think?
    No,

I do think Muslim terrorists have beliefs and motives: their beliefs and motives include killing people who don't believe the same as them. The number of murders at the hands of Muslim terrorists in the last month (let alone decade) absolutely annihilates the 8-10 people (most of them accidentally blown up by being there when they shouldn't have been) killed at abortion clinic attacks in the past three decades.

Either way it's pretty scary. We should probably ban Christian immigrants until we can get this sorted out.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    edited September 2016

pjhawks said:

lukin2006 said:

CM189191 said:

To be honest, a complete retreat would be pretty unprecedented (in other words, untested), and also, time is perfectly plastic. To say that the US' meddling caused damage so the US' retreat would repair damage is definitely not true. The original acts of "intervention" were morally reprehensible in my opinion, but unfortunately there are now three morally reprehensible actions that the US can choose from: use the full force of military to attempt to restore stability, use a lesser (and potentially inadequate) force of military to attempt to restore stability, or retreat entirely from the situation (which is worse than had the US stayed out at all). I don't envy the people who have to make these tough decisions, but I also feel that the "violence and animosity beget violence and animosity" stance really needs to factored in, and there's a moral obligation to factor out self-serving interests such as relations for oil.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited September 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

Dontcha think?
    No,

I am not apologetic AT ALL, and have never said anything to suggest so. What do you think I said that makes me apologetic for terrorists??
    I really think you are seriously misinterpreting things Thirty, or reading something that isn't there. Also maybe you don't know what being an apologist is? Or what this comparison is about? The number of people killed is irrelevant to the context of the conversation.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'm not misinterpreting anything.

You're implying that 'Christian Terrorism' in the form of abortion clinic attacks is somehow congruent with Islamic terror.

It's not even close. And to do so suggests you are either aggressively painting Christians as bloodthirsty fanatics... or you're downplaying Islamic terrorism.

Remember I'm not religious and routinely mock religion of any sort. I'm not defending Christianity at all. I just don't think there is a legitimate comparison at all. It's not even close.
  • Options

You're implying that 'Christian Terrorism' in the form of abortion clinic attacks is somehow congruent with Islamic terror.

It's not even close. And to do so suggests you are either aggressively painting Christians as bloodthirsty fanatics... or you're downplaying Islamic terrorism.

Remember I'm not religious and routinely mock religion of any sort. I'm not defending Christianity at all. I just don't think there is a legitimate comparison at all. It's not even close.

No I am not downplaying Islamic terrorism at all - you are doing that in your own head. Just making an unfounded assumption. I suggest you actually go back to the beginning of the conversation maybe and read it again. Remind yourself of the details for what we're talking about.
    And that you have interpreted what I've said to mean that I couldn't be more apologetic for Muslim terrorists, then you need to rethink how you're reading what I say. It's an outrageous accusation.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

lukin2006 said:

CM189191 said:

but the comment wasn't about the US. it was about peace in the Mideast. If we leave you really think there would be peace? you really think Israel and Palestine are all of a sudden gonna be having cookouts and singing campfire songs together if we leave? puh-leeze
  • Options

Why do you put quotes around Christian terrorism? Are you saying it's not a radical form of Christianity or that it's somehow a less relevant form of terrorism because less people are killed? Or that it's site specific terrorism as opposed to random people being killed?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

So you criticize Islamic countries for their lack of human rights and morality, then you propose that they should be a benchmark on how to treat enemy actors? Which is it - are they a strong role model for rule of law, or despicable? You don't get to have it both ways.
    play your game elsewhere, we don't need any of the muslim terrorist and sure as shit should not pay for their legal help, as I said these so called "home grown" terrorist deserve one thing only, execution or for the faint at heart on here life in a dark cell.

Godfather.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    edited September 2016

benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

So you criticize Islamic countries for their lack of human rights and morality, then you propose that they should be a benchmark on how to treat enemy actors? Which is it - are they a strong role model for rule of law, or despicable? You don't get to have it both ways.
    play your game elsewhere, we don't need any of the muslim terrorist and sure as shit should not pay for their legal help, as I said these so called "home grown" terrorist deserve one thing only, execution or for the faint at heart on here life in a dark cell.

Godfather.

God I hate everything you say and stand for. Truly fucking sickening. Due process is not fucking legal help, good god.

Do white serial killers deserve due process?
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

What gives you the authority to say who should be permitted the right to a legal defence (and who's to say that you'd be paying for their legal defence)? Why are mass murderers allowed to defend themselves and claim mental illness was responsible, but someone of Middle Eastern descent is not entitled to make that same case? You pick and choose which laws which should apply to which people based on nothing more than the gut feelings in your heart (since it sure as hell isn't based on logic - though it could be based on bigotry). How you can misinterpret that as my playing games is nothing more than your lack of basic reading and comprehension skills.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    benjs said:

benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

What gives you the authority to say who should be permitted the right to a legal defence (and who's to say that you'd be paying for their legal defence)? Why are mass murderers allowed to defend themselves and claim mental illness was responsible, but someone of Middle Eastern descent is not entitled to make that same case? You pick and choose which laws which should apply to which people based on nothing more than the gut feelings in your heart (since it sure as hell isn't based on logic - though it could be based on bigotry). How you can misinterpret that as my playing games is nothing more than your lack of basic reading and comprehension skills.
    You are much more eloquent than me.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

lukin2006 said:

CM189191 said:

but the comment wasn't about the US. it was about peace in the Mideast. If we leave you really think there would be peace? you really think Israel and Palestine are all of a sudden gonna be having cookouts and singing campfire songs together if we leave? puh-leeze
    I think my comment was pretty clear. obviously leaving wouldn't do anything to affect things over there. I was just making a comment that all the problems we have with extremism over here is a direct result of american foreign policy. which is what this thread is about.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Why do you put quotes around Christian terrorism? Are you saying it's not a radical form of Christianity or that it's somehow a less relevant form of terrorism because less people are killed? Or that it's site specific terrorism as opposed to random people being killed?
    I'm saying that this is a term that seems to have been reinvented in response to the backlash extreme Islam terrorism has generated for itself by the apologists- those people stumbling over themselves to suggest the horrific acts ISIS and the like have spewed out within the US, Europe, and more significantly... middle eastern countries such as Syria.

And yes... it's much less relevant. I can handle 11 deaths in 30 years. I can't handle gays tossed from buildings, women buried chest high and stoned to death, concert goers gunned down, public beheadings, pilots burned alive, etc.

If you see these things as even remotely the same... there is something wrong with you.
  • Options

benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

God I hate everything you say and stand for. Truly fucking sickening. Due process is not fucking legal help, good god.

Agreed ... every one deserves due process.

• Options

benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

+1
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I think your statements are more suited for the ted nugent fourms. Haha.

• Options

benjs said:

benjs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

You are much more eloquent than me.
    I disagree. After reading both of our posts back-to-back... I think I liked yours better :)

EV