Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312

It was humorous watching MSNBC commentators absolutely giddy after night 1 of the convention. It was like they just won a football game or something and celebrating.

Just like Fox at the GOP convention giddy over Rudy haha ha ,
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547

It was humorous watching MSNBC commentators absolutely giddy after night 1 of the convention. It was like they just won a football game or something and celebrating.

Just like Fox at the GOP convention giddy over Rudy haha ha ,
    Ha. Probably. I don't watch Fox News.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    DNC betrayed Bernie Sanders and the rest of America

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-dnc-sanders-glanton-talk-20160725-column.html
    ...before the primaries ended, Clinton had tried to open the door to Sanders' supporters. Recently, Sanders even reached out and gave them his OK to switch sides. But just as some were about to take their first cautious step, the DNC walked up and slammed the door shut.

... The Democrats' dirty laundry couldn't have been pulled out of the hamper at a worse time. They were just about to step onto the stage in Philadelphia and try to prove to the country that they are more civilized than the Republicans whom Americans witnessed last week in Cleveland.

Instead, the email controversy has contributed to suspicion and mistrust many voters already had toward Clinton. The good news, though, is they dislike Trump even more.

It's unlikely Sanders supporters will switch courses and go all the way over to the other side. But this is the sort of thing that could make some voters stay home in November...
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Free said:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-dnc-sanders-glanton-talk-20160725-column.html

...before the primaries ended, Clinton had tried to open the door to Sanders' supporters. Recently, Sanders even reached out and gave them his OK to switch sides. But just as some were about to take their first cautious step, the DNC walked up and slammed the door shut.

... The Democrats' dirty laundry couldn't have been pulled out of the hamper at a worse time. They were just about to step onto the stage in Philadelphia and try to prove to the country that they are more civilized than the Republicans whom Americans witnessed last week in Cleveland.

Instead, the email controversy has contributed to suspicion and mistrust many voters already had toward Clinton. The good news, though, is they dislike Trump even more.

It's unlikely Sanders supporters will switch courses and go all the way over to the other side. But this is the sort of thing that could make some voters stay home in November...
    You keep bringing up this "email controversy" like it was Clinton's problem. There really isn't a controversy at all. Bernie lost. The emails didn't have a thing to do with Bernie losing.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Free said:

You keep bringing up this "email controversy" like it was Clinton's problem. There really isn't a controversy at all. Bernie lost. The emails didn't have a thing to do with Bernie losing.

The more you deny HRC's part in everything she's blatantly involved in... Well... You just choose to close your eyes, blindly support, and pretend it's all someone else's fault.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Uneventful day so far here in the city of brotherly love

There was a Bernie or bust rally this morning..didn't seem too crazy.

And now the Westboro and counter Westboro protests are going on. Would have liked to stop by this, but too far away from my work and I didn't take my bike in because of the heat

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Love the pic, the comment and the avocado signs. Thanks for bringing it. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Her job was to unite the people from the podium. Instead, she bullies them. Speaking from a podium does NOT give her license to insult people who worked 10,000 more hours and don't get paid or promote themselves when they're doing it. Sarah used her platform to bully and insult people who don't support Hillary, and it's shameful. Good luck with her "comedienne" career... she must feel so proud of herself.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Oh good lord. Save us the Holier than thou pity
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    What are the chances of Bill breaking out the sax for the convention? It would be yuge!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    to me its the "or bust" thats ridiculous. similiar to the folks who claim they'll leave the country if trump happens to win. as I recall not one person who said they would if bush got in, did in fact leave the country.

frankly , for a guy who ran as independent for all those years to "join" the part to run , he did quite well. I'd go further to say those so newly politically engaged, keep up the will to stay politically engaged. tons of work to be done on the issues that brought you to the table in the first place.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I had a friend who moved to Canada after Bush won, she had a Canadian boyfriend.
  • Options
  • Options
    ^^^
    That picture.
    Is it from our last Canadian election?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

Her job was to unite the people from the podium. Instead, she bullies them. Speaking from a podium does NOT give her license to insult people who worked 10,000 more hours and don't get paid or promote themselves when they're doing it. Sarah used her platform to bully and insult people who don't support Hillary, and it's shameful. Good luck with her "comedienne" career... she must feel so proud of herself.

You have a pretty loose interpretation of that word.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

Free said:

The more you deny HRC's part in everything she's blatantly involved in... Well... You just choose to close your eyes, blindly support, and pretend it's all someone else's fault.

No, im not blind. What I am is smart enough to know that a few emails didn't have anything to do with sanders not getting enough votes to beat HRC.
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
  • Options
    Free said:

No, she didn't bully them. She told them that Bernie lost, get over it.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    Free said:

I had a friend who moved to Canada after Bush won, she had a Canadian boyfriend.

oh shit!! How did that slip past me!?!?!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited July 2016

And you say you're smart! :lol: Get over yourself. The reason she is there is to build unity. She just got people to boo her.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm a Bernie supporter... been following his crazy ass for years from afar... always rooted for him in his local elections... happily voted for him this year... love the issues he brought into the mainstream democratic discussion... love everything about the man and his candidacy

and I have zero problem with what sarah silverman said...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,598
    my2hands said:

I'm a Bernie supporter... been following his crazy ass for years from afar... always rooted for him in his local elections... happily voted for him this year... love the issues he brought into the mainstream democratic discussion... love everything about the man and his candidacy

and I have zero problem with what sarah silverman said...

Not that I could vote, but besides that, I feel the same way.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    This process couldn't be more annoying.
  • Options
    Way to put people down. That is all.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    There is no way there will be a united democratic party.

Watch that video. The woman to vote for: HRC.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Free said:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Very historic. Votes are being cast right now. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Kat said:

Votes are being cast differently, they changed the roll call from being a floor vote -a democratic floor vote - to having delegates meet at specific hotels to vote by sign in sheets. This is a violation of democratic rules. I hope everyone is happy with how corrupt this all is. :smile:

Historic because a dishonest, corrupt and completely untrustworthy woman is at the helm.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

Kat said:

Votes are being cast differently, they changed the roll call from being a floor vote -a democratic floor vote - to having delegates meet at specific hotels to vote by sign in sheets. This is a violation of democratic rules. I hope everyone is happy with how corrupt this all is. :smile:
    You've got to be kidding.
  • Options
    So much for it being quiet. Getting intense. big Black lives matter protest.

Then this guy

Hope this stays safe