Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762

Seems like that was a success

Only if undecided's and moderate Republicans are impressed. Or else it's just the same rhetoric being sung to the choir.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

that was one HELL of a speech. that was my introduction to Mr. Booker. I could see him in the White House someday.
    The GOP didn't put one speaker out there with that kind of speech or fire I mean really tell me who anyone Musky or PJfan who ?
    Rudy, Newt, Christie, Every Trump Child, to name a few
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

that was one HELL of a speech. that was my introduction to Mr. Booker. I could see him in the White House someday.
    The GOP didn't put one speaker out there with that kind of speech or fire I mean really tell me who anyone Musky or PJfan who ?
    Haha.

You don't even believe that.

• Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

Haha.

Yes I do.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    OnWis97 said:

CH156378 said:

Thank You, Michelle. Classy lady. Hubba Hubba.

Geez, I hope they saved something for the rest of the week.

There's no way that speech gets topped
    This must be the feeling of the love bump that happens after a convention that you guys talk about.
    Must have been one hell of a speech.
    So two, three days from now this spike in the polls will show?
    Exactly. Michelle nailed it. But does that really matter? Everyone still hates Hillary. The Bernie crew is still OK with Trump winning as long as "Killary" does not win. And Trump still has a lot of people excited about him; nobody is excited about Hillary.
    We're not okay with either winning Jesus FC. :angry:
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

Haha.

Yes I do.
    This speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hzaBHnNI_I
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203
    CH156378 said:

It would be awesome if the balloons were filled with nitrous. Do a bunch of whip-it's on convention floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dP_IzmgW0s
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    ^WTF?
    I hope that is one of those bad lip reading videos. Lol
  • Options
    Lot of people celebrating last night. What will be remembered however is that Radical Islam was barely discussed if it all. Hard as they might try to ignore the problem it will just not go away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708394/Two-men-armed-knives-people-hostage-French-church.html

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

Haha ha that's laughable their speeches were nothing more than fear mongering beating of war drums and just plain idiotic rethoric nothing of substance at all , try again please post a speech that can match Booker !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

Haha ha that's laughable their speeches were nothing more than fear mongering beating of war drums and just plain idiotic rethoric nothing of substance at all , try again please post a speech that can match Booker !!
    They discussed the threat of Radical Islamic Terrorism. The democratic party discussed the threat of Trumpism. The people are paying attention and know which problem is real.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Ah, yes..."FEAR, DESTRUCTION AND TERRORISM"

And....

"THEY'RE COMING TO KILL YOU!"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

They discussed the threat of Radical Islamic Terrorism. The democratic party discussed the threat of Trumpism. The people are paying attention and know which problem is real.
    Yep real fear mongering the threat of Trump is very real just like Islamic terrorist go ahead vote for him I'd rather be dead then vote for Trumpster , like I said keep on beating the war drums are you ready to join up and go kill them ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Ah, yes..."FEAR, DESTRUCTION AND TERRORISM"

And....

"THEY'RE COMING TO KILL YOU!"

Do not fear ISIS. Fear Parallel Hitler!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2016/07/26/missing-topic-from-dnc-day-one-isis-n2197872

Americans know which threat is real. If this is really going to be Hillary's campaign then the Democrats are in for bigger trouble then I thought.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Saddest part of all of this clusterfuck of a shitshow?

In-fighting. Divisiveness. Finger-pointing and snark and know-it-all-ness and on and on.

And we expect unity? How can that be when there doesn't seem to be a high road anymore?

I guess I'm just struck by some of the double standards I see.

Appreciate those looking at it all, and speaking with calm, some sense of open-mindedness.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Radical Islamic terrorism really isn't the biggest problem the United States is facing. Trump and his thumpers may lead you to believe that. The war on terror is working about as well as Reagans war on drugs. In other words, it can't be won.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    Bernie was the star last night with people crying prior to his arrival to the podium and the longest standing ovation.

http://www.wptz.com/news/wptzs-stewart-ledbetter-covering-dnc-convention-in-philadelphia/40873680

Bernie Sanders Is Received At The Democratic Convention Like The Nominee

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/25/bernie-sanders-is-received-at-the-democratic-convention-like-the-nominee/

The People know who they want.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    hedonist said:

In-fighting. Divisiveness. Finger-pointing and snark and know-it-all-ness and on and on.

And we expect unity? How can that be when there doesn't seem to be a high road anymore?

Appreciate those looking at it all, and speaking with calm, some sense of open-mindedness.

Are you referring to the DNC or this board?

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

The GOP only mentions terrorism as part of their fear agenda. Why give terrorists the attention that they crave?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Free said:

Bernie was the star last night with people crying prior to his arrival to the podium and the longest standing ovation.

http://www.wptz.com/news/wptzs-stewart-ledbetter-covering-dnc-convention-in-philadelphia/40873680

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/25/bernie-sanders-is-received-at-the-democratic-convention-like-the-nominee/

Yes he did a great job. I loved the part where he said that if you support his ideas you don't have a choice but to vote for Clinton.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Free said:

Then why didn't he win the nomination? Like it or not, Hilary still got more votes.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Free said:

Then why didn't he win the nomination? Like it or not, Hilary still got more votes.
    Did you see the DNC Leaks? A rigged election is a corrupt election.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

The GOP only mentions terrorism as part of their fear agenda. Why give terrorists the attention that they crave?
    Here is the GOP agenda...

Lying Hillary
    Crooked Hillary
    Bill
    Benghazi
    Emails
    Repeat
  • Options
    dignin said:

hedonist said:

Are you referring to the DNC or this board?

Neither, dignin...I meant this whole election "process" and its many circuses and barkers. The candidates, the coverage, the imagery, the puppets, the smoke and many mirrors.

• Options
    OK, in re-reading, my last sentence refers to some on this board.
  • Options

Radical Islamic terrorism really isn't the biggest problem the United States is facing. Trump and his thumpers may lead you to believe that. The war on terror is working about as well as Reagans war on drugs. In other words, it can't be won.

And there you have it. "It can't be won." Ready for my steak dinner.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Booker is kicking ass !

Here are the competing agenda's "Fight ISIS" of "Fight Trump". It is the second that is based on fear.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited July 2016
    It was humorous watching MSNBC commentators absolutely giddy after night 1 of the convention. It was like they just won a football game or something and celebrating.
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

Did you see the DNC Leaks? A rigged election is a corrupt election.
    Yea, the dnc prevented people from voting for bernie.