Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Swung by the Today Show on my way to work and saw the whole crew. Kinda fun. I'm a nerd

Have you had your Chic-Fil-A sandwich yet? Lol
    http://www.youngcons.com/chick-fil-a-being-served-at-democratic-convention-despite-calls-for-boycott/
    Not a big fast food guy. Too much good food in this city for that. Though I do enjoy a road trip for a fast food stop.

That said Chic-Fil-A is so overrated. Wendy's Spicy Chicken >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any sandwich at chick-fil-a.
    I will agree with the Wendy's promo with the exception of the Chic-Fil-A spicy chicken biscuit :). Those things literally hold a place in my heart...and other arteries throughout my body...
    Hmmmm....I have had their spicy chicken sandwich, just to tell anyone who has told me it's better than Wendy's that their wrong, but I don't believe on a biscuit. Will have to check that out.
    If I could eat anything without worrying about health consequences, a triple bacon-ator would be at the top of the list.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Swung by the Today Show on my way to work and saw the whole crew. Kinda fun. I'm a nerd

http://www.youngcons.com/chick-fil-a-being-served-at-democratic-convention-despite-calls-for-boycott/
    Not a big fast food guy. Too much good food in this city for that. Though I do enjoy a road trip for a fast food stop.

That said Chic-Fil-A is so overrated. Wendy's Spicy Chicken >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any sandwich at chick-fil-a.
    I will agree with the Wendy's promo with the exception of the Chic-Fil-A spicy chicken biscuit :). Those things literally hold a place in my heart...and other arteries throughout my body...
    Hmmmm....I have had their spicy chicken sandwich, just to tell anyone who has told me it's better than Wendy's that their wrong, but I don't believe on a biscuit. Will have to check that out.
    If I could eat anything without worrying about health consequences, a triple bacon-ator would be at the top of the list.
    haha..I believe I read once that the bacon-ator is the least healthy fast food sandwich there is. That is quite an accomplishment. See my problem is that I just like the spicy chicken so damn much and I don't get fast food enough that when I am there I want to try something else, but the spicy chicken is just staring me in the damn face.
  • Options
    59 citations so far. I believe 4-6 arrests, all for jumping barriers.
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    I just had Wendy's last night. A classic single with cheese and small sprite.
  • Options
    CH156378 said:

I just had Wendy's last night. A classic single with cheese and small sprite.

What was the main course?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mickeyrat said:

umm, seen several different perspective shots around the arena. Place looks packed. Would say most are (75%) or more are engaged in this speech.

show me where to look for the live half empty arena shots.

One of my friends shared this earlier. That is actually quite a few empty seats.
    https://youtu.be/zGRo1mH2_8w
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

umm, seen several different perspective shots around the arena. Place looks packed. Would say most are (75%) or more are engaged in this speech.

One of my friends shared this earlier. That is actually quite a few empty seats.
    This was at 8 PM. It filled back up.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

Why were they so empty at this time?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

Bathroom break?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

Because the main speakers hadn't started yet. Tonight is Kaine, Biden and Obama... I'm guessing it will be quite full. I mean not Baio, Tyson, random screamer-full, but pretty full nonetheless.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

It was shortly after the vote so there definitely was a walk out where Bernie supporters had a protest/sit in at one of the media tents. That combined with people wanting to eat, go to the bathroom or take a break before all the big speakers.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

It was shortly after the vote so there definitely was a walk out where Bernie supporters had a protest/sit in at one of the media tents. That combined with people wanting to eat, go to the bathroom or take a break before all the big speakers.
    But it's social media. It's where the truth lies, context be damned. This is evidence that the TV was staged. It was actually film from a Bieber concert superimposed over the DNC. Remember that the revolution will not be televised (because it happened in 1776).
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    Quit making excuses. Half the place was empty and it was not due to being between speakers. Those who walked out didn't come back, they continued protesting outside the convention. The Dem party will not unite at this point unless something big happens (I don't know, a personal apology from HRC herself and firing of her good friend DWS?)What a sham.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    brianlux said:

EM194007 said:

Sped-up video of the Bernie Sanders march from beginning to end. This was just Philly, and there were LOTS of people. Sure didn't see this on any of the MSM stations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__UAL3jCPQI

There are lots of things we don't see on TV because...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw

Thank you Free for reminding me of this great number!

And mrussle, bud, you're invited too!
    Which revolution is that? Just thumbing through my history books and I see one in 1776 and an unsuccessful one in 1861. Can you fill me in? Seems like we still are under the same Constitution.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Free said:

Quit making excuses. Half the place was empty and it was not due to being between speakers. Those who walked out didn't come back, they continued protesting outside the convention. The Dem party will not unite at this point. What a sham.

Please share the links of these alternate news sources. Because you are starting to come off as just a conspiracy theorist. Maybe if we saw your news sources, we would understand a little better.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Free said:

Quit making excuses. Half the place was empty and it was not due to being between speakers. Those who walked out didn't come back, they continued protesting outside the convention. The Dem party will not unite at this point unless something big happens (I don't know, a personal apology from HRC herself and firing of her good friend DWS?)What a sham.

99.99% of the protesters outside were never in the convention. They are not delegates or donors and never had access.

They came from Center City through a variety of marches.

Yes, there were lots of protests. No, the convention was not empty.

Good god, dude.
  • Options
    Straight up empty

• Options
    ^^It's a conspiracy of all networks, photographers, etc. There was a stock image from either PJ or Bieber and Bill pasted in by an expert in photoshop. I'm being serious. I know this. I read it on the alt news. They are agenda free unlike the corporate media.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

Straight up empty

All an illusion Cliffy. The media and DNC have gotten together to trick you.

I saw a video where the place was half empty at one point in time. I have no reason to believe that that could change.
  • Options
    People just don't get up out of their seats and leave and come back. I've never heard of that.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Straight up empty

I saw a video where the place was half empty at one point in time. I have no reason to believe that that could change.
    dignin said:

Straight up empty

It is truly unbelievable what some of these folks believe, yet we're the sheep...
  • Options

dignin said:

Straight up empty

dignin said:

Straight up empty

It is truly unbelievable what some of these folks believe, yet we're the sheep...
    Bah!!
  • Options

Free said:

Quit making excuses. Half the place was empty and it was not due to being between speakers. Those who walked out didn't come back, they continued protesting outside the convention. The Dem party will not unite at this point. What a sham.

Please share the links of these alternate news sources. Because you are starting to come off as just a conspiracy theorist. Maybe if we saw your news sources, we would understand a little better.
    Starting??? I guess you've missed 4 months of posts here on the Train.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

If I could have one superpower...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    dignin said:

People just don't get up out of their seats and leave and come back. I've never heard of that.

What?!?! You can't get out of your seat to go take a piss/grab something to eat and come back????
  • Options

dignin said:

What?!?! You can't get out of your seat to go take a piss/grab something to eat and come back????
    For real...at an event that starts around 4 and ends around midnight at that. No one would ever have to eat or go to the bathroom..the audacity...
  • Options

dignin said:

I think the poster was being sarcastic.
  • Options

dignin said:

For real...at an event that starts around 4 and ends around midnight at that. No one would ever have to eat or go to the bathroom..the audacity...
    I heard it's like a GA PJ concert, if you leave your spot someones gonna take it! You hold your piss sir.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    dignin said:

dignin said:

I heard it's like a GA PJ concert, if you leave your spot someones gonna take it! You hold your piss sir.
    The older one gets the harder it gets to hold it don't ya know. That's a awful long time to hold it the arena looked pretty full from the tad bit that I saw.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

I think the poster was being sarcastic.
    I think he was too...