Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,617
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

So much for it being quiet. Getting intense. big Black lives matter protest.

Then this guy

Hope this stays safe
    what's with the bicycle race.
  • Options
    Free said:

So much for it being quiet. Getting intense. big Black lives matter protest.

Then this guy

Hope this stays safe
    what's with the bicycle race.
    Following the protest south. Just standing there and waiting for it to move
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

Way to put people down. That is all.

Free said:

And you say you're smart! :lol: Get over yourself.

Riiiight.

Hope all stay safe there, Cliff.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Free said:

Way to put people down. That is all.

Free said:

And you say you're smart! :lol: Get over yourself.

Riiiight.

Hope all stay safe there, Cliff.
    That's right, he said he was smart. Riiight.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Free said:

Her job was to unite the people from the podium. Instead, she bullies them. Speaking from a podium does NOT give her license to insult people who worked 10,000 more hours and don't get paid or promote themselves when they're doing it. Sarah used her platform to bully and insult people who don't support Hillary, and it's shameful. Good luck with her "comedienne" career... she must feel so proud of herself.

No, she didn't bully them. She told them that Bernie lost, get over it.

And you say you're smart! :lol: Get over yourself. The reason she is there is to build unity. She just got people to boo her.

No, I said I was smart enough to know that a few emails did not cause people to not vote for sanders. Silverman was not bullying. I've read 10 different "reviews" of silvermans speech and have not heard the term bully in one of them. So you've either got to look up the definition of bully or you're one of those sanders supporters that are being ridiculous.

Silverman was not angry at the crowd. Her and Frankens speeches didn't take as much time as expected and they had to stretch the time to allow Paul Simon to finish getting set up. So she did was she does for a living, improvised.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sarah-silverman-bernie-supporters-ridiculous-reactions/
    "It wasn't scripted at all," Silverman later told CNN, explaining that she and Franken had been told that the program was running ahead of schedule and they needed to stretch for time. No stranger to ad-libbing, Silverman proceeding to make one of the night's most high-profile comments.... As for Silverman herself, her only further commentary on social media was to express her continued admiration for Sanders, despite what she might think of his more ardent supporters.

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I very much enjoyed that moment and vote
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,573
    edited July 2016
    Just watched the last part of the vote. Noticed the incredible amount of demographic diversity among the delegates as compared to last week where there was basically no diversity.

Shocking I know :dizzy:
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    It's official. The democrats just nominated the most unpopular presidential candidate of all time. Smart call.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,987
    BS44325 said:

It's official. The democrats just nominated the most unpopular presidential candidate of all time. Smart call.

by what or who's measure do you make this statement?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:

Trump? What did I miss?
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,787

Just watched the last part of the vote. Noticed the incredible amount of demographic diversity among the delegates as compared to last week where there was basically no diversity.

Shocking I know :dizzy:

I don't know, these past two weeks I've just seen a bunch of sheep.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Trump? What did I miss?
    :lol:
    Nothing, nothing at all....
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,775
    Howard Dean's scream revisited. Hilarious.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Protesters chanting "feel the bern" burning American flags outside of the convention
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

by what or who's measure do you make this statement?
    Still using 538

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/hillary-clinton-and-donald-trump-are-now-equally-unpopular/

If you read through Hillary is at -30 while Trump is -28. She shattered two glass ceilings.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    The Sanders delegates walked out immediately after the last vote and went to the media area, and gathered quietly. Eventually they stopped letting people in. I was watching the whole thing on an Independent network. The walkout eventually moved to the streets and there are peaceful protests in a few places. Live video shows that the convention is half full, if you're watching pay attention to how many people you actually hear in the background, it is very quiet. And the media is not showing how empty it is in there.

The protest is due to being not being heard, unequal representation, voices not being heard, forced unity. The convention is about compromise and uniting not shutting half of the delegates down.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

The Sanders delegates walked out immediately after the last vote and went to the media area, and gathered quietly. Eventually they stopped letting people in. I was watching the whole thing on an Independent network. The walkout eventually moved to the streets and there are peaceful protests in a few places. Live video shows that the convention is half full, if you're watching pay attention to how many people you actually hear in the background, it is very quiet. And the media is not showing how empty it is in there.

The protest is due to being not being heard, unequal representation, voices not being heard, forced unity. The convention is about compromise and uniting not shutting down half of the delegates down.

Haha . As they just showed a panoramic view with not an empty seat

There was a sit in at a media tent. 100 people or so.

Protesters are from center city. A new one just got down there. Just calmed down a bit after the flag burnings
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Free said:

The protest is due to being not being heard, unequal representation, voices not being heard, forced unity. The convention is about compromise and uniting not shutting down half of the delegates down.

Haha . As they just showed a panoramic view with not an empty seat
    Yeah I saw that. Now go to some alternative sources and social networks and find out what's really going on.

Or do you think the corporate media is telling you the truth and that all delegates are in the building applauding Bill Clinton
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Jill Stein was live not too long ago in the middle of a protest speaking. One protest of many. Talk is that Nina Turner is going to talk at one of them soon.

FDR Park is one of a few locations.
  • Options
    Free said:

Jill Stein was live not too long ago in the middle of a protest speaking. One protest of many. Talk is that Nina Turner is going to talk at one of them soon.

FDR Park is one of a few locations.

FDR is the protest site outside the convention. Across the street from the venue and access from broad at where the protesters are marching from. They are on broad st too but the main location is FDR
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,987
    umm, seen several different perspective shots around the arena. Place looks packed. Would say most are (75%) or more are engaged in this speech.

show me where to look for the live half empty arena shots.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Also a BLM protest that went on earlier, I'm watching lots of live feeds. They are delegates that walked out.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

umm, seen several different perspective shots around the arena. Place looks packed. Would say most are (75%) or more are engaged in this speech.

show me where to look for the live half empty arena shots.

I saw personal video of a guy standing there talking about it when there is a presenter. But don't believe me believe the TV, cause the TVs always right and social media is making shit up
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Plenty of local philly reporters (philly mag, Philly voice) with no skin in the game and they have nothing of the sort

And yeah; not an empty seat in the arena
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    I'm not talking about local news. Social networks YouTube independent news sources Jill Stein... Look it up there's plenty there
  • Options
    Free said:
    And the people that are in every single seat right now?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Old footage from last night? The power of edited tape? Come up with your own ideas

The magic of TV
  • Options
    Hahahahhahahahah