Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,876
    unsung said:

mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

Security is tight. As close as I can get to the arena on my bike.

Bernie protesters are already starting to gather at the park across the street.
    Is that...a wall?
    cmon dude. temp fencing.

welcome back.
    Gotta protect the Chosen One from the Bernie supporters that got screwed by their own party.
    or its also partially driven by the fact of a former and current president will be speaking as well as current vp. not to mention potential terror act thats within the realm of possibility given the current state of the world.

my sense is its commensurate with the level of security had in cleveland, which was significantly more than past conventions of either party.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

Is that...a wall?
    cmon dude. temp fencing.

welcome back.
    Gotta protect the Chosen One from the Bernie supporters that got screwed by their own party.
    or its also partially driven by the fact of a former and current president will be speaking as well as current vp. not to mention potential terror act thats within the realm of possibility given the current state of the world.

my sense is its commensurate with the level of security had in cleveland, which was significantly more than past conventions of either party.
    Saw plenty of pictures of Cleveland with the exact same set up. Multiple fences and concrete barriers.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

Is that...a wall?
    cmon dude. temp fencing.

welcome back.

Saw plenty of pictures of Cleveland with the exact same set up. Multiple fences and concrete barriers.
    It seemed to have worked well. The whole RNC was rather subdued.
  • Options
    Anderson Cooper working out at a nice gym in the gayborhood this morning

Morning Joe filming from the oldest bar in Philly which I have been severely intoxicated at on numerous occasions

Elizabeth Warren has cheesesteaks at Pats yesterday. Passed by there around 11 AM yesterday...missed her

Also I 95 is a disaster because they are weighing EVERY SINGLE TRUCK that will be passing the Wells Fargo Center.

Then there's this....yeah, I don't know either

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Just got back from checking out the Bernie protest at city hall. Bad idea. Way too hot

Do note the topless chick with the green hat

Bigger than it looks but nothing outrageous. Of course Mumia idiots there too

Also, waaaaay too many people without shoes on. Pretty sure a homeless dude shit where these people are walking barefoot about 24 hours ago.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,876
    Thanks Cliffy for the reporting of your observations. Except that last part, I could have done without hearing about that last part.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I'm wondering if Michelle Obama will have a comment about writing her own speech. :naughty:

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Kat said:

I'm wondering if Michelle Obama will have a comment about writing her own speech. :naughty:

It would be great if she started to give 2 sentences of trumps speech then said, oops, wrong one.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    hahaha. Would love that. Did you see Elizabeth Warren and her cheesesteak on twitter? Yum.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Thanks Cliffy for the reporting of your observations. Except that last part, I could have done without hearing about that last part.

hahah. Just an educated guess knowing this city.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Thanks Cliff for the coverage!
  • Options
    I bet this person is a blast at parties

• Options
    Is all of the money it costs to put on these conventions all donated money? Is any of it funded with tax payer money?
  • Options

Is all of the money it costs to put on these conventions all donated money? Is any of it funded with tax payer money?

Federal and private money.

A bunch of hipsters were arrested outside my building the other day (local DNC is across the street) for protesting and demanding the DNC release the companies who have contributed.

I am sure the city is on the hook for something, but nothing too crazy.
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

CNN just cut the reporting of the protesters in Philly so that they could get full coverage of Boyz 2 Men performing Motown Philly at the convention!

I hate this fucking shit
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

CNN just cut the reporting of the protesters in Philly so that they could get full coverage of Boyz 2 Men performing Motown Philly at the convention!

I hate this fucking shit

They need to realize Hillary and Debbie have come to the end of the road. It's hard for them to say goodbye to yesterday.
  • Options

I hate this fucking shit

They need to realize Hillary and Debbie have come to the end of the road. It's hard for them to say goodbye to yesterday.
    That was my 8th grade promotion dance theme song.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    edited July 2016
    unsung said:

mickeyrat said:

unsung said:

Is that...a wall?
    cmon dude. temp fencing.

welcome back.
    Is it their own party? It's not Bernie's. Seems he only wants to be a Democrat when it's convenient; when he needs a party to pay for his candidacy.

The only thing worse than Trump winning is going to be watching these petulant crybabies high-five each other when it happens. I'm sure Trump (for a few months and Pence for a few years) will be no worse than Killary, though.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

I hate this fucking shit

That was my 8th grade promotion dance theme song.
    I was in 8th grade when their sophomore album came out. They were the biggest pop act then.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,212

don't you just love when people try to protest with signs but spell the shit wrong? although to be fair about 95% of people spell JUDGMENT wrong.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,124
    pjhawks said:

don't you just love when people try to protest with signs but spell the shit wrong? although to be fair about 95% of people spell JUDGMENT wrong.
    http://blog.dictionary.com/judgement-vs-judgment/

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,559
    pjhawks said:

One of drumpfs uneducated fans.
    Probably didn't go to collage!!

:fearful:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Sheeshhh they might be a couple around here or as some other poster put it a lot of his supporters here !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Pledge of Allegiance to open the convention was led by a 93 year old delegate from Carroll County, Ohio, where I live. Very nice moment for her.
    NPR interviewed her and she said some wonderful things.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Back home in South Philly. Center City was hectic and getting home was a bitch considering it was to hot to ride my bike.

Sounds like a couple arrests so far for Sanders people jumping the fences at the arena
  • Options
    Not a good start
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Not going to be down there tonight cliffy?
  • Options
    Free said:

Not going to be down there tonight cliffy?

Nah, saw the protests earlier. There was also just a gigantic storm. Will be watching and following on Twitter.

Probably going to head out on the bike tomorrow evening (hopefully it's a little cooler) to see what's up.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    That Demi Lovato performance was shit. Bring back Chachi.