Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Free said:

Old footage from last night? The power of edited tape? Come up with your own ideas

The magic of TV

I don't think so.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    These people are so disillusioned that this dude is claiming the tv coverage is showing crowd shots from the night while a former president speaks and no one is talking about it except some dude that posted a video on Facebook 3 hours ago
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    Who you gonna believe...me or your lying eyes?
  • Options
    Bubba still has that magic touch. He is the best speaker of our lifetime, IMO. He's stronger than Obama.
  • Options

These people are so disillusioned that this dude is claiming the tv coverage is showing crowd shots from the night while a former president speaks and no one is talking about it except some dude that posted a video on Facebook 3 hours ago

Here is a picture to prove it
    null
  • Options
    I thought Bill did a good job and reintroduced her to the public in a view that no one sees anymore.

Could have been a bit shorter and a bit stronger on policy, but I get the goal.

Obama is gonna go hard tomorrow
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

I thought Bill did a good job and reintroduced her to the public in a view that no one sees anymore.

I watched the Jays comeback to beat the Padres in extras so unfortunately missed the whole thing.
  • Options

I actually thought there was quite a bit of the wonkish edge... Not necessarily for the next term, but intertwining the personal with the policy of her history.
  • Options

Were you eating cotton candy during his speech?
    What goal?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I watched the Jays comeback to beat the Padres in extras so unfortunately missed the whole thing.
    No excuse. I watched the Tribe come back from 2 down in the 9th to beat the Natty Nats...and the speech. Jays are dangerous.
  • Options

What goal?
    Cotton candy is bad for your teeth. Laying in bed next to my lovely wife, in fact.

• Options
    BS44325 said:

Screw the jays
  • Options

What goal?
    The goal was to personalize her again, make her less of a cartoon character that 25 years of attacks will create.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    dignin said:

Free said:

Old footage from last night? The power of edited tape? Come up with your own ideas

The magic of TV

I don't think so.
    Whatever you say, OK. I'm wrong and you're right.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Dude you have no idea what I'm even talking about do you. Do you even know what alternative news sources are. Do you know how to use social networks? I'm not gonna hold your hand you might as well just go downtown. Jill Stein already said good night and to be safe so you might not find much now but it was all there.

Guys keep living in a bubble. Because the only thing that's real happens on a TV.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    This revolution will not be televised.
  • Options
    Free said:

Then this revolution will not happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Nope these events didn't happen they're not on TV. It's only trending on Facebook now. Suck it up.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Then this revolution will not happen.
    Not to those who deny reality.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Hey Cliffy, so it appears you got the opportunity to be around some of the Black Lives Matter protesters. What did you think? Your opinion will hold water to me since you were exposed.
    be honest....
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Sped-up video of the Bernie Sanders march from beginning to end. This was just Philly, and there were LOTS of people. Sure didn't see this on any of the MSM stations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__UAL3jCPQI
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,935
    edited July 2016
    EM194007 said:

Sped-up video of the Bernie Sanders march from beginning to end. This was just Philly, and there were LOTS of people. Sure didn't see this on any of the MSM stations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__UAL3jCPQI

There are lots of things we don't see on TV because...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw

Thank you Free for reminding me of this great number!

And mrussle, bud, you're invited too!
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    There are some very delusional people out there. It's scary to think they own guns.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

There are some very delusional people out there. It's scary to think they own guns.

Yep, we should most definitely ban democrats from owning guns!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    muskydan said:

Hey Cliffy, so it appears you got the opportunity to be around some of the Black Lives Matter protesters. What did you think? Your opinion will hold water to me since you were exposed.
    be honest....

What I saw was fairly restrained and subdued. Felt some tension, but that may just have been me not being around that situation ever really. Hung around there for about 10 minutes and to be honest, between numerous people on megaphones and various chants, I couldn't really understand what people were saying.

Police did a good job of just being there and not adding any unnecessary anxiety or tension to the situation.

Regarding BLM. I didn't really see anything that would give me pause. It did feel tense and they are angry, but most of the signs I saw were largely fair. "schools not prisons"...things like that. (Edit: looking back at pictures, maybe a couple slightly more radical, but nothing insane). Not to say there weren't significantly worse ones, I just didn't see it. It was not at all like the protests that have escalated around the country, at least it seemed to me. In all transparency, I do sympathize and agree with the premise of the movement but I am not a huge fan of much of the execution.

The Mumia fucks come out for any occasion. Fuck them.

Outside of black lives matter, the protests are VERY hippie and yeah, not the best smelling group of folks in the world, especially in 100 degrees.

That old Gandalf looking dude with the rubber boot on his head facing off with the cops that I posted yesterday is my favorite scene so far.

I also realized that these are people that didn't vote for Obama and Hillary won't get/doesn't need them. She was never getting them. This is the Occupy crew. I am significantly right of these folks. There are PLENTY of Bernie folks she'll get, but these people were never an option.

All in all, I think everyone has largely handled themselves well so far. Protesters have protested peacefully and said what they want to say. I believe only 4 people have been arrested so far for jumping barriers down at the convention.

Social media is the absolute worst. A lot of pictures of people taunting cops from the Occupy protests over the past few years are being floated as recent and from Philly. Shameful.

I do know of one cop car getting tagged pretty bad (in my friends district) but all in all, it seems like everyone has been pretty respectful.

The flag burning from Bernie protesters is disgraceful

Half way there. Hopefully it doesn't escalate over the next 36 hours.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Swung by the Today Show on my way to work and saw the whole crew. Kinda fun. I'm a nerd

• Options

Swung by the Today Show on my way to work and saw the whole crew. Kinda fun. I'm a nerd

Have you had your Chic-Fil-A sandwich yet? Lol
    http://www.youngcons.com/chick-fil-a-being-served-at-democratic-convention-despite-calls-for-boycott/
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

http://www.youngcons.com/chick-fil-a-being-served-at-democratic-convention-despite-calls-for-boycott/
    Not a big fast food guy. Too much good food in this city for that. Though I do enjoy a road trip for a fast food stop.

That said Chic-Fil-A is so overrated. Wendy's Spicy Chicken >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any sandwich at chick-fil-a.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJPOWER said:

Not a big fast food guy. Too much good food in this city for that. Though I do enjoy a road trip for a fast food stop.

That said Chic-Fil-A is so overrated. Wendy's Spicy Chicken >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any sandwich at chick-fil-a.
    I will agree with the Wendy's promo with the exception of the Chic-Fil-A spicy chicken biscuit :). Those things literally hold a place in my heart...and other arteries throughout my body...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

I will agree with the Wendy's promo with the exception of the Chic-Fil-A spicy chicken biscuit :). Those things literally hold a place in my heart...and other arteries throughout my body...
    Hmmmm....I have had their spicy chicken sandwich, just to tell anyone who has told me it's better than Wendy's that their wrong, but I don't believe on a biscuit. Will have to check that out.