Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Holy hell, some of this shitshow is worse than the political shitshow!
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    FEMA camps!!!!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Why would they pay people to be somewhere that people are willing to pay a grand a ticket to be?

Also, I am pretty sure the DNC could reach out to a few thousand donors and volunteers (myself included) that would be there with bells on.

I am sure they would post random ads on Craigslist rather than reach out to their email list that they send half a dozen emails to daily

Just think about what you are saying for a minute

Stop acting so self-righteous. Are you there? are you in the building? Then I trust a woman with a video camera inside the building who is a delegate, not you and your slant of being aHillary supporter.

Your credibility is shot.
    Ha I just know I'm right.
    That's such annoying projection and hypocrisy. Your credibility is shot because you support HRC. But I'm the honest broker because my source is a Bernie supporter. WTF? You've landed in Bizzaro world.
    I try to not respond but jesus it sucks me back in
    Trust me. .. people have asked me several times why I bother. I can't answer that.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016

How would the camera know who's being paid and who's not? Msbnc is clearly avoiding showing protesters which I am perfectly fine with. like the dipshits who run on sports field

Ha! The camera is panning to the back and it's completely empty.

It's kind a like Hillary's rallies when she was touring the states for primaries. She'd gather a couple hundred in a gymnasium, Bernie would fill stadiums fitting 30,000.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Why would they pay people to be somewhere that people are willing to pay a grand a ticket to be?

Also, I am pretty sure the DNC could reach out to a few thousand donors and volunteers (myself included) that would be there with bells on.

I am sure they would post random ads on Craigslist rather than reach out to their email list that they send half a dozen emails to daily

Stop acting so self-righteous. Are you there? are you in the building? Then I trust a woman with a video camera inside the building who is a delegate, not you and your slant of being aHillary supporter.

That's such annoying projection and hypocrisy. Your credibility is shot because you support HRC. But I'm the honest broker because my source is a Bernie supporter. WTF? You've landed in Bizzaro world.
    60+ untrustworthy rating... Shit, so many of us got it wrong. They must all be Bernie Bros. The writing is on the wall. You're just in denial.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Dammit, Cliff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G29DXfcdhBg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Free said:

How would the camera know who's being paid and who's not? Msbnc is clearly avoiding showing protesters which I am perfectly fine with. like the dipshits who run on sports field

Yes free, the democratic national convention is empty. Easiest ticket in town
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

Shouldn't you be glued to the TV? Or are you just not feeling it like the rest of us? Should you guys be in tears for the first woman nominee to a major party?

Anyhow, you're trying to discredit people who are on the seen reporting and recording these events. I don't know about the craigslist thing, but the rest of the reports are demonstrating some material. Might be one sided, but that's live reports from the field.
    They record something and narrate it with their bias. I watched the video from that girl. There was no evidence that her accusations were accurate. And even if they were partially accurate, the offenses taken don't come near the level of the actions. These kids have had some privileged lives if this is what afflicts them so badly.
    Correct, but you're not being impartial. The fact is that emails have been leaked showing these very tactics, hillary has also been accused of using static machines at private events (by actual reporters), the media has also played favorites in many cases, the offenses that hillary/dnc has done to a lot of these people are way more horrific to our democracy than a few boos, and to call these people "privileged kids" is disparaging. You don't know them, so let's not go there. Stick to reality here.
    It is disparaging because I'm disparaging them. Maybe they are not all privileged but every one of them that is trying to disrupt the proceedings is out of line. Enough is enough.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Trust me. .. people have asked me several times why I bother. I can't answer that.
    It's simple guys.
    Trump makes you speak out.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

You can't follow along then don't try to decipher it. You're way off.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

It's kind a like Hillary's rallies when she was touring the states for primaries. She'd gather a couple hundred in a gymnasium, Bernie would fill stadiums fitting 30,000.
    The moon landing was staged!
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

Shouldn't you be glued to the TV? Or are you just not feeling it like the rest of us? Should you guys be in tears for the first woman nominee to a major party?

Anyhow, you're trying to discredit people who are on the seen reporting and recording these events. I don't know about the craigslist thing, but the rest of the reports are demonstrating some material. Might be one sided, but that's live reports from the field.
    They record something and narrate it with their bias. I watched the video from that girl. There was no evidence that her accusations were accurate. And even if they were partially accurate, the offenses taken don't come near the level of the actions. These kids have had some privileged lives if this is what afflicts them so badly.
    Correct, but you're not being impartial. The fact is that emails have been leaked showing these very tactics, hillary has also been accused of using static machines at private events (by actual reporters), the media has also played favorites in many cases, the offenses that hillary/dnc has done to a lot of these people are way more horrific to our democracy than a few boos, and to call these people "privileged kids" is disparaging. You don't know them, so let's not go there. Stick to reality here.
    Ready to hit your head against a wall?
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Ha. What a joke. You fail to see your hypocritical argument.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Nothing about that image tells me it's happening right now. Your credibility was blown a while ago. Srsly.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options

Free said:

The moon landing was staged!
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Yes Progress!!! What a wonderful acceptance speech filled with great plans. I can't wait to vote.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    I enjoyed that. I'm with her, fo sho
  • Options
    Free said:

Nothing about that image tells me it's happening right now. Your credibility was blown a while ago. Srsly.
    Illuminati!!!!

Artbell.com
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Fo sho. Like you she seems completely unconcerned about ISIS.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Ha. What a joke. You fail to see your hypocritical argument.
    I'd like to know what Kat thinks of you continuing to make digs, threats and the like toward me. Keep it up.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Lots of arena shots. Even people behind the stage for the first time this week. Hell of a job superimposing people tv, networks. Well done
  • Options

Lots of arena shots. Even people behind the stage for the first time this week. Hell of a job superimposing people tv, networks. Well done

The DNC must be blowing all their budget on special effects right now.....on all the networks. That place is packed with paid robots and CGI plants!!
  • Options
    A great week. Couple more hours for everyone to stay safe outside but you did good philly, you did good
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Fo sho. Like you she seems completely unconcerned about ISIS.
    Because I'm not a chickenshit and don't live my life scared. Do they need to be taken care of? Hell yeah, but I am as safe as I have ever been, which is not to say that something couldn't happen to me tomorrow
  • Options
    Alright fuckers, it's been real. Busy day of work tomorrow since as you can see it hasn't been a terribly productive week, then off to Maine, New Hampshire and Fenway
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    The following is writen by a friend of mine. He's a good man, smart , funny, easy going. Artist. I respect him. Even more so after I read this.

"I've rewritten this post after considering some constructive criticism regarding my original draft. I thank those individuals for your insightful feedback ... Consider this my fellow Berniacs who are still unwilling to embrace Democratic Party unity: Could it be that a "I want what I want when I want it!" mindset is prevalent in our society? And this kind of thinking that many of us experience comes from an impatient sense of entitlement. I know this can be true for me. Truth is.. 90% of what Bernie continues to fight for is on the Democratic Platform! Hillary has been nominated. This is the reality. This is not what WE Berniacs had hoped for. Hillary might not move us in the direction that we desire at the PACE we desire. However, with Hillary as President we are moving in "our" direction. I'm trying to delay my immediate gratification and to consider DEPTH RATHER THAN PACE as a statement for practice. To NOT vote for Hillary will put Trump at the helm taking us backwards to many many views and policies LACKING DEPTH: Cold War times, separatist times, bigotry as the norm, racism, sexism, inequality, homophobia, fear-centered reactionary attitudes, lack of the many freedoms we've come to enjoy, and very undesirable and extremely dangerous national and international conflicts. I will try to not be short sighted! I hope that others will not be fooled by Trump. Let's not be fooled by such a FOOL!"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Best moment of the night in my opinion.

Fallen Muslim soldier's dad to Trump: Read Constitution

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/29/dnc-convention-parents-of-muslim-us-soldier-trump-constitution-sot.cnn
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

Best moment of the night in my opinion.

Fallen Muslim soldier's dad to Trump: Read Constitution

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/29/dnc-convention-parents-of-muslim-us-soldier-trump-constitution-sot.cnn

My favourite part was the Muslim from Robin Hood who narrated the Hillary intro video.