Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

tonifig8 said:

It's amazing that the DNC can't send an email competently, but they can somehow rig an election and edit convention footage in real time. Truly amazing.

These people obviously don't believe this but +3.7 million votes for Hillary

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_vote_count.html

We don't believe what? That she received millions of votes? When did we say we didn't believe that? Are you assuming we don't believe that? because I haven't heard one of the Bernie people mention that.
    That she won by 3.7 million votes or whatever is listed there.
    I don't know how many votes she won by, I think they're still counting and recovering votes in CA and the numbers keep changing, but the fact is that certain states were a challenge and in many cases situations developed where bill would show up, people running the event would come out and say it was over so people would turn away, hours of waiting in line(especially those with lots of mail in votes), media calling it, some voter suppression,closed primaries, and so much more.. Those are tactics whether you want to believe it or not- Now to avoid dragging on a convo that has been dragged through the mud a million times now, let's just focus on this weeks events. There was a huge representation of people booing and a divided party. Sometimes the booing and the anti chants were louder than the Hillary stuff. Why is that? Why are people angry over these emails and why is she polling so high as untrustworthy? Shit trump is more trustworthy than her.... C'mon man I'm not making this shit up- this isn't some conspiracy... The shit keeps coming out over and over. I supported Obama and helped him get elected. I'm sure you did the same. Why are we so divided if we both come from the left? I'm not a big time liberal and I don't think many of the people out there are- I think most of these people are pissed because they feel the DNC cheated, or that they did things in Clintons favor. She was the nominee before this shit even kicked off(campaign)
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

How the fuck do people chant protests during a fucking medial of honor recipient speaking?!?!?This is not a person making policy decisions.

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

I'm in Charlotte airport so not watching. Are you saying they are interrupting MOH speaker? What are they chanting?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

How the fuck do people chant protests during a fucking medial of honor recipient speaking?!?!?This is not a person making policy decisions.

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

The radical liberals that have taken over the democratic party.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

Radicals? Sounds like such a scary term.

I didn't hear the booing. I do Hope they boo Clinton, however I doubt that/-- they'll just turn up the static machines.

Funny how we love it when the GOP is a mess and full of drama.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

I didn't hear the booing. I do Hope they boo Clinton, however I doubt that/-- they'll just turn up the static machines.

Yeah, we do. Because we are progressives.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

I'm in Charlotte airport so not watching. Are you saying they are interrupting MOH speaker? What are they chanting?
    Chanting "no more war" (or something along those lines) while Florent Groberg was speaking. I will note it seemed to be a small group.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

Yeah, we do. Because we are progressives.
    Progressing toward what?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Well it depends on the topic.
  • Options
    I'm gonna sit back with a nice bourbon and watch this. Later everyone
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

Chanting "no more war" (or something along those lines) while Florent Groberg was speaking. I will note it seemed to be a small group.
    People need to remember the manners taught in elementary school. We lambast Trump for his bullying tactics and disrespectful rants, but this is no better and probably worse. Democrats should know better.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

People need to remember the manners taught in elementary school. We lambast Trump for his bullying tactics and disrespectful rants, but this is no better and probably worse. Democrats should know better.
    Indeed. I find it repulsive
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Did she really just rewrite history? There wasn't an exodus of Crown loyalists to Canada as a result of your revolution (how is revolting a compromise anyways, lol)?

Sorry to nitpick, but this speech is actually funny to me so far.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

Please. The Democrats applaud this behaviour when Trump rallies are shut down in Chicago or speakers are shouted down on any given college campus. These are your people. They don't know better. You can't enable them one day and expect them to follow your rules of etiquette the next.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

By contrast, looks like the ca delegates want to be there which counters the earlier argument that it was empty. Still dumb and yet another fabricated persecution.

I am waiting for the jet fuel can't melt steel posts
    Thanks for keeping everyone accountable. Is this also fabricated?

https://vid.me/4tYB

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

What is a seat filler? Unless it's a blowup doll, then it's another real live human being. If a CA delegate leaves and the DNC gives their seat to someone else, then it's still one person and eventually one vote. This is a dumb argument.

You don't find paying people to fill these seats a bit fishy?
    They are not paying anyone to be there. I assume he is referencing the photo shopped craigslist posts, which didn't even use the same font.

People are selling passes for a significant amount of money.

Some of this shit being believed it just straight up stupid
    They are paying people to be there, local. So much you know, you're not a delegate and you're not at the convention. Stop acting like you are and continue to deny what's happening in a live feed of people actually there.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Why would they pay people to be somewhere that people are willing to pay a grand a ticket to be?

Also, I am pretty sure the DNC could reach out to a few thousand donors and volunteers (myself included) that would be there with bells on.

I am sure they would post random ads on Craigslist rather than reach out to their email list that they send half a dozen emails to daily

Just think about what you are saying for a minute
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

Please. The Democrats applaud this behaviour when Trump rallies are shut down in Chicago or speakers are shouted down on any given college campus. These are your people. They don't know better. You can't enable them one day and expect them to follow your rules of etiquette the next.
    Negative. I'm not saying no one did, but I roundly criticized the protesters in San Jose and all the other cities where they attempted to abridge another person's right to hear Trump. I think most on the Train did. It was terrible.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

Don't be ridiculous. I didn't see the medal of honor presenter but this convention is been a shit show since the beginning. People are acting badly, "forced unity", Rights are being taken away, speakers were denied the right to speak, delegates are being denied entry now and noise machines?? What the fuck.
    *I do not condone jeers during a medal of honor presentation by the way.

Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

Don't be ridiculous. I didn't see the metal of honor presenter but this convention is been a shit show since the beginning. People are frustrated, Rights are being taken away, speakers were denied the right to speak, delegates are being denied entry now and noise machines?? What the fuck.
    I'm sorry, which right from the Bill of Rights have been taken by the government from them?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Why would they pay people to be somewhere that people are willing to pay a grand a ticket to be?

Also, I am pretty sure the DNC could reach out to a few thousand donors and volunteers (myself included) that would be there with bells on.

I am sure they would post random ads on Craigslist rather than reach out to their email list that they send half a dozen emails to daily

Shouldn't you be glued to the TV? Or are you just not feeling it like the rest of us? Should you guys be in tears for the first woman nominee to a major party?

Anyhow, you're trying to discredit people who are on the scene reporting and recording these events. I don't know about the craigslist thing, but the rest of the reports are demonstrating some material. Might be one sided, but that's live reports from the field.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Stop acting so self-righteous. Are you there? are you in the building? Then I trust a woman with a video camera inside the building who is a delegate, not you and your slant of being aHillary supporter.

Your credibility is shot.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    I do think she started out pretty slow but has gotten more comfortable. She's not the best at giving a speech. Never has been
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Shouldn't you be glued to the TV? Or are you just not feeling it like the rest of us? Should you guys be in tears for the first woman nominee to a major party?

Anyhow, you're trying to discredit people who are on the seen reporting and recording these events. I don't know about the craigslist thing, but the rest of the reports are demonstrating some material. Might be one sided, but that's live reports from the field.
    They record something and narrate it with their bias. I watched the video from that girl. There was no evidence that her accusations were accurate. And even if they were partially accurate, the offenses taken don't come near the level of the actions. These kids have had some privileged lives if this is what afflicts them so badly.
  • Options
    I'm just saying dude. It's common sense. Are people walking around the arena with the $50 they were given. Don't you think even if they did that NDAs would be signed and it wouldn't be through craigslist?

I am 100% certain that there are more Hillary people there than there were earlier this week, I agree with that but I am also certain these aren't "actors". Like I said, our friends that went yesterday bought their passes off a Bernie or bust person
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

I do think she started out pretty slow but has gotten more comfortable. She's not the best at giving a speech. Never has been

I agree. Not a good start but getting better.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Notice, TV watcher. How the camera pans and does not show the entire place much.
    tonifig8 said:

Anyhow, you're trying to discredit people who are on the scene reporting and recording these events. I don't know about the craigslist thing, but the rest of the reports are demonstrating some material. Might be one sided, but that's live reports from the field.
    Hillary supporters: Reality deniers, it's all Trump's fault. They see and hear nothing.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

Stop acting so self-righteous. Are you there? are you in the building? Then I trust a woman with a video camera inside the building who is a delegate, not you and your slant of being aHillary supporter.

Ha I just know I'm right.
  • Options
    How would the camera know who's being paid and who's not? Msbnc is clearly avoiding showing protesters which I am perfectly fine with. like the dipshits who run on sports field
  • Options

Free said:

That's such annoying projection and hypocrisy. Your credibility is shot because you support HRC. But I'm the honest broker because my source is a Bernie supporter. WTF? You've landed in Bizzaro world.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

Anyhow, you're trying to discredit people who are on the seen reporting and recording these events. I don't know about the craigslist thing, but the rest of the reports are demonstrating some material. Might be one sided, but that's live reports from the field.
    They record something and narrate it with their bias. I watched the video from that girl. There was no evidence that her accusations were accurate. And even if they were partially accurate, the offenses taken don't come near the level of the actions. These kids have had some privileged lives if this is what afflicts them so badly.
    Correct, but you're not being impartial. The fact is that emails have been leaked showing these very tactics, hillary has also been accused of using static machines at private events (by actual reporters), the media has also played favorites in many cases, the offenses that hillary/dnc has done to a lot of these people are way more horrific to our democracy than a few boos, and to call these people "privileged kids" is disparaging. You don't know them, so let's not go there. Stick to reality here.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

That's such annoying projection and hypocrisy. Your credibility is shot because you support HRC. But I'm the honest broker because my source is a Bernie supporter. WTF? You've landed in Bizzaro world.
    I try to not respond but jesus it sucks me back in