Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    dignin said:

Lots of arena shots. Even people behind the stage for the first time this week. Hell of a job superimposing people tv, networks. Well done

The DNC must be blowing all their budget on special effects right now.....on all the networks. That place is packed with paid robots and CGI plants!!
    I shouldn't respond to this, but this is such a childish comment. Some of the tactics she and the DNC have demonstrated support a lot of our comments, there shady practices. Just read through the facts.
    dignin said:

Best moment of the night in my opinion.

Fallen Muslim soldier's dad to Trump: Read Constitution

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/29/dnc-convention-parents-of-muslim-us-soldier-trump-constitution-sot.cnn

this was by far the best moment of the night and possibly the whole convention.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

Lots of arena shots. Even people behind the stage for the first time this week. Hell of a job superimposing people tv, networks. Well done

The DNC must be blowing all their budget on special effects right now.....on all the networks. That place is packed with paid robots and CGI plants!!
    I shouldn't respond to this, but this is such a childish comment. Some of the tactics she and the DNC have demonstrated support a lot of our comments, there shady practices. Just read through the facts.
    dignin said:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/29/dnc-convention-parents-of-muslim-us-soldier-trump-constitution-sot.cnn

You stick to your facts, I will stick to mine.

I saw robots....or at least two guys on twitter AND Facebook said they saw robots......so it must be true, guys on twitter and Facebook speak the truth!!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    dignin said:

Truly amazing. I just watched it again.

Incredibly sad that after that, trumps Twitter rant response to tonight is about Muslims coming to kill us.

• Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

I saw robots....or at least two guys on twitter AND Facebook said they saw robots......so it must be true, guys on twitter and Facebook speak the truth!!!!!
    Who said anything about robots? Dude, stop wasting time here. it's childish.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Robots are just as plausible as a conspiracy involving all the networks, thousands of delegates and the DNC.

I'm the one being childish?

I was a Bernie supporter and he lost. So I put my big pants on (like Bernie) and supported Hillary. That's called being an adult.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Crazy talk from just another Hillarybot. Who believes in the magic of mainstream media on TV over personal video. And denying reality.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Robots are just as plausible as a conspiracy involving all the networks, thousands of delegates and the DNC.

I was a Bernie supporter and he lost. So I put my big pants on (like Bernie) and supported Hillary. That's called being an adult.
    No, that's called being a dutiful and obeying little robot who has no sense of reality and no critical thinking abilities and Believes the candidate who gets lots of money from special interests are really looking out for his interests. In other words, completely in denial.
  • Options
    Free said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Crazy talk from just another Hillarybot. Who believes in the magic of mainstream media on TV over personal video. And denying reality.
    Beep bop
  • Options
    Free said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

No, that's called being a dutiful and obeying little robot who has no sense of reality and no critical thinking abilities and Believes the candidate who gets lots of money from special interests are really looking out for his interests. In other words, completely in denial.
    Bop beep
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free, take it for whatever (you think) it's worth, but for all of the claiming to be bullied and victimized and whatnot, many of your comments in this forum talk down to those to whom you're responding.

Just a suggestion to maybe reflect on that tactic, as the condescension and rudeness take away from whatever point is trying to be communicated.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Why would they pay people to be somewhere that people are willing to pay a grand a ticket to be?

Also, I am pretty sure the DNC could reach out to a few thousand donors and volunteers (myself included) that would be there with bells on.

I am sure they would post random ads on Craigslist rather than reach out to their email list that they send half a dozen emails to daily

Just think about what you are saying for a minute

Stop acting so self-righteous. Are you there? are you in the building? Then I trust a woman with a video camera inside the building who is a delegate, not you and your slant of being aHillary supporter.

Your credibility is shot.
    Ha I just know I'm right.
    That's such annoying projection and hypocrisy. Your credibility is shot because you support HRC. But I'm the honest broker because my source is a Bernie supporter. WTF? You've landed in Bizzaro world.
    You can't follow along then don't try to decipher it. You're way off.
    Ha. What a joke. You fail to see your hypocritical argument.
    I'd like to know what Kat thinks of you continuing to make digs, threats and the like toward me. Keep it up.
    Threats? How have i threatened you? There are no personal insults being hurled. I apologize that the Train is not a "safe space". You'll need to head to Bernie Sanders Reddit to find that.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    She is the worst shit ever. Her speech was awful. She is awful. And then this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nbJEISrXLRQ
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

My favourite part was the Muslim from Robin Hood who narrated the Hillary intro video.
    He was a bad motherfuckin' Moor!
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Best line of the night -- 'the Democratic Party is the working party'. Hahahah. I'm still laughing at that.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Free said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

By this logic, Bernie himself has become all of those things. I don't understand why you aren't applying the same standard to him. Bernie is now a Hillary supporter too, why does he get a pass? Why would you continue to support a robot?

For the record, I like Bernie and am undecided on who I will vote for this fall now that he is out. No Hillarybot here. Not a Trump fan either.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Why would they pay people to be somewhere that people are willing to pay a grand a ticket to be?

Also, I am pretty sure the DNC could reach out to a few thousand donors and volunteers (myself included) that would be there with bells on.

I am sure they would post random ads on Craigslist rather than reach out to their email list that they send half a dozen emails to daily

Just think about what you are saying for a minute

Stop acting so self-righteous. Are you there? are you in the building? Then I trust a woman with a video camera inside the building who is a delegate, not you and your slant of being aHillary supporter.

Your credibility is shot.
    Ha I just know I'm right.
    That's such annoying projection and hypocrisy. Your credibility is shot because you support HRC. But I'm the honest broker because my source is a Bernie supporter. WTF? You've landed in Bizzaro world.
    You can't follow along then don't try to decipher it. You're way off.
    Ha. What a joke. You fail to see your hypocritical argument.
    I'd like to know what Kat thinks of you continuing to make digs, threats and the like toward me. Keep it up.
    Pot, meet kettle.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

It's amazing that the DNC can't send an email competently, but they can somehow rig an election and edit convention footage in real time. Truly amazing.

These people obviously don't believe this but +3.7 million votes for Hillary

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_vote_count.html

Still wondering how those emails forced those 3.7 million more votes to go to Clinton instead of sanders.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    That's alot of actors
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2016
    Chanting "Black Lives Matter" during moment of silence for fallen police officers.... Stay classy dems :angry:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    wrong thread
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    The Fixer said:

Best line of the night -- 'the Democratic Party is the working party'. Hahahah. I'm still laughing at that.

As opposed to the GOP who's number 1 mission was to obstruct every single thing Obama proposed during his 8 yrs , keep laughing vote for the clown you'll get a lot of laughs from him instead of any concrete policy's...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

The Fixer said:

As opposed to the GOP who's number 1 mission was to obstruct every single thing Obama proposed during his 8 yrs , keep laughing vote for the clown you'll get a lot of laughs from him instead of any concrete policy's...
    Obstruction or Checks & Balances?
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    dignin said:
    Except based on last night's speech the Democratic Party hasn't changed. She's running on a platform of continuing the current administration. Not a thing has changed, including the people running the party. Somehow, it feels like we've seen this movie before. What happened to Hope and Change?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

dignin said:
    Except based on last night's speech the Democratic Party hasn't changed. She's running on a platform of continuing the current administration. Not a thing has changed, including the people running the party. Somehow, it feels like we've seen this movie before. What happened to Hope and Change?
    We must have been listening to different speeches.

Bop

Beep
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    My favorite part of the DNC! In Billy's defense, she probably put a lot of people to sleep, lol
    http://youtu.be/yPbUhcvDgCo
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    dignin said:

dignin said:

Spot on

Bop

Beep
    We probably were. I find that on the AMT.

She said a lot of great platitudes, but it came down to - more of the same, more of the same.

I always love the promise of more jobs. They're running on Obama's record of lower unemployment which ignores 2 key things:

1) No material change in market adjusted avg. salary
    2) Lower job market participation

As just 1 example. Promising more jobs and higher pay - I think we've heard that before.

The only credible change I heard about was genitals.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

She is the worst shit ever. Her speech was awful. She is awful. And then this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nbJEISrXLRQ

:rofl::rofl:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Now that it's over and done with, was party unity attained? Did Hillary do the right thing and come clean on the Wikileaks and her friend Debbie Wasserman Shultz? Did she and the dem party treat Sanders delegates with respect and outreach at the convention? (ahem, Nina Turner?) Will Sanders supporters vote for Hillary as she deperately needs their vote to win?

We know the answer. And it's far from positive.
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

Spot on

Bop

Beep
    We probably were. I find that on the AMT.

She said a lot of great platitudes, but it came down to - more of the same, more of the same.

I always love the promise of more jobs. They're running on Obama's record of lower unemployment which ignores 2 key things:

1) No material change in market adjusted avg. salary
    2) Lower job market participation

As just 1 example. Promising more jobs and higher pay - I think we've heard that before.

The only credible change I heard about was genitals.
    Uh, baby boomers retiring will create lower job market participation. That's just the demographics and precisely why social security has solvency issues.

As far as real income, it is a problem. But if you look at all the data, the decline started during the recession and hasn't really come back. But the correlation of the decline to the recession is clear. The other interesting part of this chart, from an economists perspective, is the massive increase in productivity of the US worker. That speaks to innovation, but also marks warning signs of greater competition for jobs, which could keep the wages down