Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,560
    rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

A Pence presidency actually makes me feel slightly worse.
    Anyway, Free, it doesn't matter if Trump wants it or not at this point. There is no way he would bail out of it. Too late for that. He's stuck with it now.

You know it all don't you. What are you living in his house? In his pocket? Are you best friends with Ivanka? No, it's not too late for anything.
    Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot that you are the only one who can say stuff.
    Saying something is one thing, talking like you know for a fact that Donald Trump can't - it's too late - and wont -quit is another.
    It sounds exactly the same as talking like you know for a fact that Drumpf is in it for Clinton to me.
    Yup
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Anyway, Free, it doesn't matter if Trump wants it or not at this point. There is no way he would bail out of it. Too late for that. He's stuck with it now.

You know it all don't you. What are you living in his house? In his pocket? Are you best friends with Ivanka? No, it's not too late for anything.
    Saying something is one thing, talking like you know for a fact that Donald Trump can't - it's too late - and wont -quit is another.
    It sounds exactly the same as talking like you know for a fact that Drumpf is in it for Clinton to me.
    Touche'. Let's just say I have a strong feeling about that one, and so do many people. He's in this for the fame, the celebrity, for the love of himself and stroke of his ego. Oh yeah, and the money. It's not to actually lead the country.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Touche'. Let's just say I have a strong feeling about that one, and so do many people. He's in this for the fame, the celebrity, for the love of himself and stroke of his ego. Oh yeah, and the money. It's not to actually lead the country.
    In your opinion. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

You're right on all these counts, but the conclusion that it will lead him resign the office doesn't make sense. Why give up the fame you just spent 18 months earning?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

You're right on all these counts, but the conclusion that it will lead him resign the office doesn't make sense. Why give up the fame you just spent 18 months earning?
    because it will be more lucrative in the short term not to be president. he will earn way more on TV then he will as President.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

because it will be more lucrative in the short term not to be president. he will earn way more on TV then he will as President.
    His enterprises can still earn while he's in office. And imagine the speaking fees after four years.... Much more than after an election.
  • Options
    Yeah, he's not going to bail now. Much more likely: He will move into the White House and do a really, really, REALLY shitty, half-assed job as he continues to actually put time into his businesses and into his media obsession. It's not like the guy is suddenly going to become presidential on inauguration day. He's going to be the same old Trump. The same guy who adores lording over beauty pageants and pimping his own name.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I finally watched the whole Obama speech from Wednesday. I think it was an excellent speech that touched on pretty much every point very well. It was really really REALLY good actually.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    I know most of the clintonites could give two fucks about this kind of stuff, but I'll post it anyways

Delegate stripped of his credentials for holding up a "No TPP" sign during Obama speech. No wonder things looked different on day 4 of the convention.

http://m.democracynow.org/headlines/2016/7/29/45908
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

I know most of the clintonites could give two fucks about this kind of stuff, but I'll post it anyways

Delegate stripped of his credentials for holding up a "No TPP" sign during Obama speech. No wonder things looked different on day 4 of the convention.

Yet, unity is important to them. Forced unity.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

I don't give a fuck. Or a second one in fact...
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

BTW, Frank should borrow a copy of the Constitution from Mr. Khan. He is clearly not aware of the difference between government provisions on free speech and private organizations like the DNC. I hate when that pesky rule book gets in the way.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

Of course you don't.
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

Of course you don't.
    That's what I said.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    You have no problem with the suppression of a vote. We know. Not to mention taking advantage of all that Sanders, his supporters and his platform has to offer, yet you spit at them. A real stand-up guy.

"Winning".
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

BTW, Frank should borrow a copy of the Constitution from Mr. Khan. He is clearly not aware of the difference between government provisions on free speech and private organizations like the DNC. I hate when that pesky rule book gets in the way.
    The guy clearly Made a mistake, but you're obviously missing the point. Oh wait you don't give a fuck, huh. A real badass you are.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

The guy clearly Made a mistake, but you're obviously missing the point. Oh wait you don't give a fuck, huh. A real badass you are.
    Since you decided that I didn't give two fucks, with your opening stanza, I figured I would just reinforce it. But I'm not missing the point. I get his point, I just don't agree with it. The private convention is a not a place to lob your protests. Do it outside. There's bigger things than his sign at stake.
  • Options
    Free said:

You have no problem with the suppression of a vote. We know. Not to mention taking advantage of all that Sanders, his supporters and his platform has to offer, yet you spit at them. A real stand-up guy.

"Winning".

This feels kind of personal Free. I don't understand why you see fit to attack me personally. Gosh.

Which vote did this delegate miss on the fourth night of the convention?
  • Options
    I didn't see this mentioned yet.

Democrats changing superdelegate rules; a Sanders win

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/democrats-changing-superdelegate-rules-a-sanders-win/
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Free said:

I didn't see this mentioned yet.

Democrats changing superdelegate rules; a Sanders win

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/democrats-changing-superdelegate-rules-a-sanders-win/

Is it just my computer or does the article only show the headline and Bernie photo with grey lines instead of text?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Brian -???
    PHILADELPHIA — Bernie Sanders’ forces are claiming victory after pressuring the Democratic National Convention Rules Committee to change the rules regarding superdelegates.
    Superdelegates are the party honchos and elected officials who automatically get a vote on the Democratic presidential nominee. Because of Hillary Clinton’s long connections, she was able to get a running start toward the nomination because she early on nailed down most of the superdelegates and helped her mount an early lead over Sanders.

On Saturday, after a lengthy debate during the Democratic Party’s rules committee — as Occupy protesters marched outside — the Sanders and Clinton delegates agreed to create a “unity” commission. The commission will be charged with developing rules that would reduce the number of superdelegates by two-thirds. It will also give Sanders, Clinton and the Democratic National Committee each the responsibility of picking members for the commission.

“This is a tremendous victory for Senator Sanders’ fight to democratize the Democratic Party and reform the Democratic nominating process,” Jeff Weaver, Sanders’ campaign manager, said in a statement. “We were pleased to work with the Clinton campaign to enact this historic commission.”

Sanders and his team argued that the superdelegates should be bound by popular votes. The Sanders camp contended throughout the primary season that superdelgates are an example of the “rigged” system, even though Sanders was not a member of the Democratic Party until he launched his presidential campaign.

Addressing this sore point with Sanders followers is an attempt by the Clinton forces to smooth over and repair and unify the Democratic family in advance of the kickoff opening of the convention on Monday, where Sanders is scheduled to give a keynote address.

Sanders’ furor at the Democratic Party was not only for the superdelegate issue but over the allegations throughout the primary season that the party and its chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., were not neutral. Hacked Democratic National Committee emails – showing staffers plotting against Sanders – sparked a controversy that may spill over to the opening session on Monday.
  • Options
    Free said:

Brian -???

PHILADELPHIA — Bernie Sanders’ forces are claiming victory after pressuring the Democratic National Convention Rules Committee to change the rules regarding superdelegates.
    Superdelegates are the party honchos and elected officials who automatically get a vote on the Democratic presidential nominee. Because of Hillary Clinton’s long connections, she was able to get a running start toward the nomination because she early on nailed down most of the superdelegates and helped her mount an early lead over Sanders.

On Saturday, after a lengthy debate during the Democratic Party’s rules committee — as Occupy protesters marched outside — the Sanders and Clinton delegates agreed to create a “unity” commission. The commission will be charged with developing rules that would reduce the number of superdelegates by two-thirds. It will also give Sanders, Clinton and the Democratic National Committee each the responsibility of picking members for the commission.

“This is a tremendous victory for Senator Sanders’ fight to democratize the Democratic Party and reform the Democratic nominating process,” Jeff Weaver, Sanders’ campaign manager, said in a statement. “We were pleased to work with the Clinton campaign to enact this historic commission.”

Sanders and his team argued that the superdelegates should be bound by popular votes. The Sanders camp contended throughout the primary season that superdelgates are an example of the “rigged” system, even though Sanders was not a member of the Democratic Party until he launched his presidential campaign.

Addressing this sore point with Sanders followers is an attempt by the Clinton forces to smooth over and repair and unify the Democratic family in advance of the kickoff opening of the convention on Monday, where Sanders is scheduled to give a keynote address.

Sanders’ furor at the Democratic Party was not only for the superdelegate issue but over the allegations throughout the primary season that the party and its chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., were not neutral. Hacked Democratic National Committee emails – showing staffers plotting against Sanders – sparked a controversy that may spill over to the opening session on Monday.
    Thank you, Free. Not sure why I couldn't view it.

Bernie supporters need to get over it. Why, if he had just brought in a few ship loads more money, sold his soul to a few major corporations, and wasn't so afraid to CHEAT he could have won. And hey, ship sails are rigged so what the hell is wrong with rigging an election? What a bunch of losers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited July 2016
    http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/bills-speech-im-convinced-convention-something-much-worse-hillary

^^^
    So, my mother-in-law just put this up on Facebook a few hours ago. Sometimes divorce seems like my only option to sanity in this world, lol--jk of course.

Oh, and her son, my brother-in-law, put up something suggesting that those voting for Hillary should show their support by taking the plastic bag challenge, with a picture of a kid with a plastic bag over his face suffocating himself. That's real classy, asshole!
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options

http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/bills-speech-im-convinced-convention-something-much-worse-hillary

^^^
    So, my mother-in-law just put this up on Facebook a few hours ago. Sometimes divorce seems like my only option to sanity in this world, lol--jk of course.

Oh, and her son, my brother-in-law, put up something suggesting that those voting for Hillary should show their support by taking the plastic bag challenge, with a picture of a kid with a plastic bag over his face suffocating himself. That's real classy, asshole!

Not cool about the plastic bag thing.

I did like what the guy in the link said though:

"...no amount of soaring rhetoric can make me see his wife, Hillary Clinton, as anything other than a pathological liar, an elitist, and someone who abandoned Americans to die.

Hillary Clinton mishandled classified material — gross negligence — which FBI Director Comey renamed as “careless.” Look into the eyes of any young Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine with a security clearance and explain to them why they are punished for “carelessness” when it comes to handling classified material…but the person wanting to be commander in chief is not."

Pretty much sums up HRC for me.

• Options
    brianlux said:

^^^

"...no amount of soaring rhetoric can make me see his wife, Hillary Clinton, as anything other than a pathological liar, an elitist, and someone who abandoned Americans to die.

Hillary Clinton mishandled classified material — gross negligence — which FBI Director Comey renamed as “careless.” Look into the eyes of any young Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine with a security clearance and explain to them why they are punished for “carelessness” when it comes to handling classified material…but the person wanting to be commander in chief is not."

Really Brian? You think HRC left people to die in Benghazi? That's your position?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

^^^

Really Brian? You think HRC left people to die in Benghazi? That's your position?
    Yeah, I'm generally known to speak my mind. It's what I do. I may not always be right but you can rest assured, even if I'm full of shit, I'll tell you exactly what I think.

Anyway, yes, I believe she certainly shares responsibility. But I doubt I will convince you of that.

• Options
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

^^^

Yeah, I'm generally known to speak my mind. It's what I do. I may not always be right but you can rest assured, even if I'm full of shit, I'll tell you exactly what I think.

Anyway, yes, I believe she certainly shares responsibility. But I doubt I will convince you of that.
    The Congressional committees staffed by the GOP couldn't even find any evidence of her being personally responsible. If you want to say that she and Obama are responsible via the laws of leadership, then I can buy that. But to say that she is complicit or negligent is a fact free statement.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

^^^

Hillary and Barack didn't leave them to die once the attack took place, but they did leave them unnecessarily exposed when there were clear indications not to. That's why it's funny to me that folks think she's better prepared and Obama had a clue. They are classic reactionaries. They are arrogant and think they know everything....until they don't. Then they react. That's not leadership. There's a reason both have never been in private enterprise without the advantage of their public connections. They'd never survive in the real world without power bestowed that way. How they keep having that power bestowed.... And folks call the Trump supporters under educated. Maybe college isn't all it's cracked up to be for some people.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Trump supporters do tend to be under educated, there is no debate there.