• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Sanders won 48% of the delegation for the dem party and 46% of the vote to get to where we are. So for ANYONE to say Sanders and his delegates don't belong there with an equal voice, all the while the feeble attempts to shut his delegates and supporters out (see above link, where the arena dimmed lights on protesters to ex-CIA speech) and stopped Nina Turner from speaking, etc. They have NO RIGHT.

We are power in numbers and won 46% of that VOTE!! And that was with closed primaries. Imagine what the results would be if they were even slightly opened. Sanders would have won no problem.

If Hillary camp thinks we're going to vote for her? With the treatment Sanders' delegates and supporters have received for merely standing up for our rights by peaceful protests and silent walkouts? Let alone the Wikileaks and primary suppression? Hiring a damned chairwoman after being forced out? Not taking our platform more seriously? REALLY?????

This is well said. Couldn't agree with you more. If things would have been done the right way, and if we had a candidate who wasn't filled with so many issues we wouldn't be where we are today. The discussion would be about uniting and sorting out any differences over the course of the election, but instead the DNC rigged everything and the Clintons went along with it. Clinton demonstrated very poor character and has been so secretive about many important matters that affect voters. I could go on and on.
    It's hard to disagree with Free here. Common sense
    I don't disagree with Free here.... It's just that what's done is done, no matter how unfair and unjust it is. That's really all people are saying when it comes to the Bernie or Bust people who are still making a stink in terms of him in particular. They come off as though they think Bernie might actually somehow still become the nominee, lol. I have no issue with those who are just protesting a rigged nomination process in general. However, the fact remains that this outrage could lead to Trump winning the election, and that is a truly terrible consequence stemming from an ultimately righteous protest that actually has no defined goal, really, besides expressing outrage. While everyone is frothing at the mouth about the Democratic nomination process and blaming it all on Hillary, Trump is going to be laughing all the way to the White House, and for some reason no one will be asking how in the fuck he inexplicably steamrolled over 17 other candidates, some of whom were actually qualified and capable of doing the job, and exploring what's wrong so that that happened. They will all be too focused on how the Dems nominated Hillary even though there is no evidence suggesting that Bernie would have won even if they hadn't tilted things in Hillary's direction. This isn't a suggestion that this issue should be ignored.... but folks might want to make sure that they haven't got massive blinders on, because while 100% of their fury is directed at the Dems, Trump will just stroll right into the White House, and god fucking knows what he'll do to the Republican Party then (or what he'll manage to replace it with). This whole election needs to be looked at with a panoramic view.
    How many times have I told you? I am NOT WORRIED about a Trump presidency. Brian is not either. Take your fear and direct it elsewhere. He DOES NOT WANT THE Job. We all know what a narcissist he is, and how much he loves the attention. You really thinks he wants to lead this country, a buffoon wanting to deal with foreign relations? Volunteering to be resident scapegoat at the top? NO! There's no doubt in my mind if he wins, he'll stay.
    Dude, I wasn't talking to you, lol. I never suggested that you are personally worried about a Trump presidency, and actually, it didn't even occur to me to wonder if you were or not. But I don't know why you're speaking for Brian (who I also wasn't talking to)..
    But since you mentioned it... I don't think Trump really wanted it either (I don't even think he really thought it through), but it's too late for that. He's not going to turn back now.
    He can quit (and probably will) at any time. Don't make it sound like the boogey man can't.

Brian and I have both voiced our opinions several times about not voting based on fear.
    Brian has actually gone back and forth and has clearly expressed concern. That is my take-away from his posts. I absolutely do not put you and Brian on the same level in any way, and I don't understand why you are speaking for him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

How the fuck do people chant protests during a fucking medial of honor recipient speaking?!?!?This is not a person making policy decisions.

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

I'm in Charlotte airport so not watching. Are you saying they are interrupting MOH speaker? What are they chanting?
    Chanting "no more war" (or something along those lines) while Florent Groberg was speaking. I will note it seemed to be a small group.
    People need to remember the manners taught in elementary school. We lambast Trump for his bullying tactics and disrespectful rants, but this is no better and probably worse. Democrats should know better.
    Indeed. I find it repulsive
    There is a pretty notable distinction though. The random people in the crowd who were booing aren't running for POTUS.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

How the fuck do people chant protests during a fucking medial of honor recipient speaking?!?!?This is not a person making policy decisions.

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.

I'm in Charlotte airport so not watching. Are you saying they are interrupting MOH speaker? What are they chanting?
    Chanting "no more war" (or something along those lines) while Florent Groberg was speaking. I will note it seemed to be a small group.
    People need to remember the manners taught in elementary school. We lambast Trump for his bullying tactics and disrespectful rants, but this is no better and probably worse. Democrats should know better.
    Indeed. I find it repulsive
    There is a pretty notable distinction though. The random people in the crowd who were booing aren't running for POTUS.
    Very true. But they are still representative of a state as opposed to themselves as an individual. I am presuming they are part of a delegation.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

Lots of arena shots. Even people behind the stage for the first time this week. Hell of a job superimposing people tv, networks. Well done

The DNC must be blowing all their budget on special effects right now.....on all the networks. That place is packed with paid robots and CGI plants!!
    I shouldn't respond to this, but this is such a childish comment. Some of the tactics she and the DNC have demonstrated support a lot of our comments, there shady practices. Just read through the facts.
    dignin said:

Best moment of the night in my opinion.

Fallen Muslim soldier's dad to Trump: Read Constitution

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/29/dnc-convention-parents-of-muslim-us-soldier-trump-constitution-sot.cnn

this was by far the best moment of the night and possibly the whole convention.
    You stick to your facts, I will stick to mine.

I saw robots....or at least two guys on twitter AND Facebook said they saw robots......so it must be true, guys on twitter and Facebook speak the truth!!!!!
    Who said anything about robots? Dude, stop wasting time here. it's childish.
    Robots are just as plausible as a conspiracy involving all the networks, thousands of delegates and the DNC.

I'm the one being childish?

I was a Bernie supporter and he lost. So I put my big pants on (like Bernie) and supported Hillary. That's called being an adult.
    No, that's called being a dutiful and obeying little robot who has no sense of reality and no critical thinking abilities and Believes the candidate who gets lots of money from special interests are really looking out for his interests. In other words, completely in denial.
    Do you think that maybe you're going too far yet? Are you really thinking about what you're posting anymore? Can't wait until your next post about how personal comments are not appropriate.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I smell name-calling. Time to have accounts be read-only?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    When you compare the list of speakers at each convention it really isn't that surprising at all. The RNC was mostly amateur hour while the DNC had speakers that people actually give a shit about.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

When you compare the list of speakers at each convention it really isn't that surprising at all. The RNC was mostly amateur hour while the DNC had speakers that people actually give a shit about.
    agreed...and it's hilarious given that Trump was stating (before the convention) that he had so many big names lined up (Knight, Ditka, Tebow, etc.) that didn't even agree to appear in the first place.

I'm surprised he didn't have Ted Nugent perform.

I was impressed by the military reps that spoke at the DNC. Way above Trump's circus.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

PJ_Soul said:

agreed...and it's hilarious given that Trump was stating (before the convention) that he had so many big names lined up (Knight, Ditka, Tebow, etc.) that didn't even agree to appear in the first place.

I was impressed by the military reps that spoke at the DNC. Way above Trump's circus.
    Now he's saying he didn't have anything to do with the convention and that all he did was show up and give a speech...okay buddy
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Now he's saying he didn't have anything to do with the convention and that all he did was show up and give a speech...okay buddy
    Yeah it's hilarious....

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    Ratings mean so much... Not. Only to media companies, otherwise they mean nothing, much like daily polls.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah it's hilarious....
    Where is it? I'd like to see an article. Need a laugh today... annoying work day.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I think it describes how he would govern.
    Here's a little personal story to brighten a day.
    http://uproxx.com/movies/bill-clinton-police-academy-dnc/

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah it's hilarious....
    Where is it? I'd like to see an article. Need a laugh today... annoying work day.
    http://thehill.com/media/289765-trump-blames-gop-as-dems-top-rnc-ratings

here you go

“I didn’t produce the show — I just showed up for the final speech on Thursday,” the Republican presidential nominee told The New York Times when asked about the differences between the two parties’ conventions.

• Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah it's hilarious....

here you go

“I didn’t produce the show — I just showed up for the final speech on Thursday,” the Republican presidential nominee told The New York Times when asked about the differences between the two parties’ conventions.
    That's leadership for you.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

I thought he showed up 3 days out of 4. :confounded:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah it's hilarious....

here you go

This is what I'm talking about when I say that he is not serious about wanting to be the president of the United States. He doesn't want it, he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah it's hilarious....

here you go

This is what I'm talking about when I say that he is not serious about wanting to be the president of the United States. He doesn't want it, he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it.
    Well a Pence presidency only makes me feel slightly better, but still unacceptable. Thanks, but I'll prefer to not take chances, and cast a vote for HRC and my boy TK here in VA.
  • Options
    A Pence presidency actually makes me feel slightly worse.
    Anyway, Free, it doesn't matter if Trump wants it or not at this point. There is no way he would bail out of it. Too late for that. He's stuck with it now.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Both conventions seemed to have come and gone with very few incidents. Proud of my fellow Americans for not resorting to blowing each other up over our differences!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    PJPOWER said:

Both conventions seemed to have come and gone with very few incidents. Proud of my fellow Americans for not resorting to blowing each other up over our differences!
    Word up.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Anyway, Free, it doesn't matter if Trump wants it or not at this point. There is no way he would bail out of it. Too late for that. He's stuck with it now.

You know it all don't you. What are you living in his house? In his pocket? Are you best friends with Ivanka? No, it's not too late for anything.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

You know it all don't you. What are you living in his house? In his pocket? Are you best friends with Ivanka? No, it's not too late for anything.
    Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot that you are the only one who can say stuff.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Saying something is one thing, talking like you know for a fact that Donald Trump can't - it's too late - and wont -quit is another.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Saying something is one thing, talking like you know for a fact that Donald Trump can't - it's too late - and wont -quit is another.
    It sounds exactly the same as talking like you know for a fact that Drumpf is in it for Clinton to me.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Why in the world would Trump go this far, win an election and then quit? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What more could feed his ego than being the POTUS for four years +? He could delegate governing to others and be the "CEO", an aloof one at that.

Here's what I do know and no one can possibly dispute it EVER. Bernie fans that are telling themselves this are simply doing it to delude themselves and rationalizing their votes for 3rd party. This is simply part of the grief cycle. Perhaps this is 'bargaining'?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

It sounds exactly the same as talking like you know for a fact that Drumpf is in it for Clinton to me.
    And just a day or two ago @PJfanwillneverleave1 gave me a hard time for saying "IMO" all the time, as though it was unnecessary because any reasonable person will know that it is my opinion, that it's necessarily implies. While I agreed with that premise, I explained that I started using it because of people like you. Once he brought it up I thought, "well, let's try not using it again. Maybe people have finally realized that it's not required in order to understand the difference." ..... Apparently not. I will reinstate my use of "IMO" just for you. I will expect you to do the same from now on.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

And just the other day PJFan gave me a hard time for saying "IMO" all the time, as though it was unnecessary because any reasonable person will know that it is my opinion, and while I agreed, I explained that I started using it because of people like you. Once he brought it up I thought, "well, let's try not using it again. Maybe people have realized that it's not required in order to understand the difference." ..... Apparently not. I will reinstate my use of "IMO" just for you.
    I've decided to go the other way. I decided to make all my statements unassailable.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

And just the other day PJFan gave me a hard time for saying "IMO" all the time, as though it was unnecessary because any reasonable person will know that it is my opinion, and while I agreed, I explained that I started using it because of people like you. Once he brought it up I thought, "well, let's try not using it again. Maybe people have realized that it's not required in order to understand the difference." ..... Apparently not. I will reinstate my use of "IMO" just for you.
    I've decided to go the other way. I decided to make all my statements unassailable.
    :lol: