Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    mickeyrat said:

I'm confused then. If the platform was largely written from Bernies proposals, how is your voice not being heard? Fact remains he did not have the necessary delegates to secure the nomination. All caucuses and primarirs are run by the individual states NOT the dnc.

one thing he really failed to address was the amount of airtime he received and the mostly negative press he was getting. that is squarely on the ad hungry media.

so my question is , was it the man or the ideas?

I am at a loss
  • Options
    Free said:

Sanders won 48% of the delegation for the dem party and 46% of the vote to get to where we are. So for ANYONE to say Sanders and his delegates don't belong there with an equal voice, all the while the feeble attempts to shut his delegates and supporters out (see above link, where the arena dimmed lights on protesters to ex-CIA speech) and stopped Nina Turner from speaking, etc. They have NO RIGHT.

We are power in numbers and won 46% of that VOTE!! And that was with closed primaries. Imagine what the results would be if they were even slightly opened. Sanders would have won no problem.

If Hillary camp thinks we're going to vote for her? With the treatment Sanders' delegates and supporters have received for merely standing up for our rights by peaceful protests and silent walkouts? Let alone the Wikileaks and primary suppression? Hiring a damned chairwoman after being forced out? Not taking our platform more seriously? REALLY?????

There were definitely more protests, but everything was under control aside from some idiots. From the people I saw, these were largely not democrats so far in they are as far to left as you can get
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mickeyrat said:

I'm confused then. If the platform was largely written from Bernies proposals, how is your voice not being heard? Fact remains he did not have the necessary delegates to secure the nomination. All caucuses and primarirs are run by the individual states NOT the dnc.

one thing he really failed to address was the amount of airtime he received and the mostly negative press he was getting. that is squarely on the ad hungry media.

They cannot be satisfied. Rationality left the movement when Bernie left.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited July 2016
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Sanders won 48% of the delegation for the dem party and 46% of the vote to get to where we are. So for ANYONE to say Sanders and his delegates don't belong there with an equal voice, all the while the feeble attempts to shut his delegates and supporters out (see above link, where the arena dimmed lights on protesters to ex-CIA speech) and stopped Nina Turner from speaking, etc. They have NO RIGHT.

We are power in numbers and won 46% of that VOTE!! And that was with closed primaries. Imagine what the results would be if they were even slightly opened. Sanders would have won no problem.

If Hillary camp thinks we're going to vote for her? With the treatment Sanders' delegates and supporters have received for merely standing up for our rights by peaceful protests and silent walkouts? Let alone the Wikileaks and primary suppression? Hiring a damned chairwoman after being forced out? Not taking our platform more seriously? REALLY?????

This is well said. Couldn't agree with you more. If things would have been done the right way, and if we had a candidate who wasn't filled with so many issues we wouldn't be where we are today. The discussion would be about uniting and sorting out any differences over the course of the election, but instead the DNC rigged everything and the Clintons went along with it. Clinton demonstrated very poor character and has been so secretive about many important matters that affect voters. I could go on and on.
    It's hard to disagree with Free here. Common sense
    I don't disagree with Free here.... It's just that what's done is done, no matter how unfair and unjust it is. That's really all people are saying when it comes to the Bernie or Bust people who are still making a stink in terms of him in particular. They come off as though they think Bernie might actually somehow still become the nominee, lol. I have no issue with those who are just protesting a rigged nomination process in general. However, the fact remains that this outrage could lead to Trump winning the election, and that is a truly terrible consequence stemming from an ultimately righteous protest that actually has no defined goal, really, besides expressing outrage. While everyone is frothing at the mouth about the Democratic nomination process and blaming it all on Hillary, Trump is going to be laughing all the way to the White House, and for some reason no one will be asking how in the fuck he inexplicably steamrolled over 17 other candidates, some of whom were actually qualified and capable of doing the job, and exploring what's wrong so that that happened. They will all be too focused on how the Dems nominated Hillary even though there is no evidence suggesting that Bernie would have won even if they hadn't tilted things in Hillary's direction. This isn't a suggestion that this issue should be ignored.... but folks might want to make sure that they haven't got massive blinders on, because while 100% of their fury is directed at the Dems, Trump will just stroll right into the White House, and god fucking knows what he'll do to the Republican Party then (or what he'll manage to replace it with). This whole election needs to be looked at with a panoramic view.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

This is well said. Couldn't agree with you more. If things would have been done the right way, and if we had a candidate who wasn't filled with so many issues we wouldn't be where we are today. The discussion would be about uniting and sorting out any differences over the course of the election, but instead the DNC rigged everything and the Clintons went along with it. Clinton demonstrated very poor character and has been so secretive about many important matters that affect voters. I could go on and on.
    I don't disagree with Free here.... It's just that what's done is done, no matter how unfair and unjust it is. That's really all people are saying when it comes to the Bernie or Bust people who are still making a stink in terms of him in particular. They come off as though they think Bernie might actually somehow still become the nominee, lol. I have no issue with those who are just protesting a rigged nomination process in general. However, the fact remains that this outrage could lead to Trump winning the election, and that is a truly terrible consequence stemming from an ultimately righteous protest. While everyone is frothing at the mouth about the Democratic nomination process and blaming it all on Hillary, Trump is going to be laughing all the way to the White House, and for some reason no one will be asking how in the fuck he inexplicably steamrolled over 17 other candidates, some of whom were actually qualified and capable of doing the job, and exploring what's wrong so that that happened. They will all be too focused on how the Dems nominated Hillary even though there is no evidence suggesting that Bernie would have won even if they hadn't tilted things in Hillary's direction. This isn't a suggestion that this issue should be ignored.... but folks might want to make sure that they haven't got massive blinders on, because while 100% of their fury is directed at the Dems, Trump will just stroll right into the White House, and god fucking knows what he'll do to the Republican Party then (or what he'll manage to replace it with). This whole election needs to be looked at with a panoramic view.
    You asked and answered your own question.
    Trump smart.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    This video shows the love for Hillary in the streets...

https://youtu.be/L_T749zVYhQ

Pretty amazing.
  • Options
    Good to know that young black men have an official spokesperson now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    BS44325 said:

Pretty amazing.

That's a few hundred/thousand people. Good for them for investing the time. Imagine if all of us had the time and ability to be a part of such energy.

Mellinianls are slowing pushing for a new order - armed with history and a new direction... Good times
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    mickeyrat said:

What are you talking about? The Dem platform? Or his?

How many times does this have to be repeated? Neither CLINTON NOR SANDERS HAD ENOUGH DELEGATES TO WIN NOMINATION prior to the convention. BOTH invited to the convention regardless of the intense pressure from the DNC to force Sanders to stop. I'll say that again. INTENSE PRESSURE FROM THE DNC AND THE MEDIA TO GET SANDERS TO QUIT EVEN THOUGH HE WON 46% OF THE VOTE. See what happens when you think every thing you see and hear on the media is accurate? It's Not!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016
    The 2016 Democratic Party presidential primaries and caucuses were a series of electoral contests organized by the Democratic Party to select the 4,051 delegates to the Democratic National Convention to be held July 25–28 and determine the nominee for President of the United States in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. The elections took place within all fifty U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories and occurred between February 1 and June 14, 2016. An extra 716 unpledged delegates (712 votes) or "superdelegates" are appointed by the Party independently of the primaries' electoral process.
    States do have a say as to how they primary or caucus. And whether they are open or closed.

I agree with you regarding Sanders not addressing "airtime he received and the mostly negative press he was getting". He should have more!

It was both! But mostly his ideas. Because nothing stops now. Bernie's already gone back to being an Independent and his movement move forward, creating new leaders across the country and continuing progressive and people-oriented issues and getting the damn money out of politics.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

I don't disagree with Free here.... It's just that what's done is done, no matter how unfair and unjust it is. That's really all people are saying when it comes to the Bernie or Bust people who are still making a stink in terms of him in particular. They come off as though they think Bernie might actually somehow still become the nominee, lol. I have no issue with those who are just protesting a rigged nomination process in general. However, the fact remains that this outrage could lead to Trump winning the election, and that is a truly terrible consequence stemming from an ultimately righteous protest that actually has no defined goal, really, besides expressing outrage. While everyone is frothing at the mouth about the Democratic nomination process and blaming it all on Hillary, Trump is going to be laughing all the way to the White House, and for some reason no one will be asking how in the fuck he inexplicably steamrolled over 17 other candidates, some of whom were actually qualified and capable of doing the job, and exploring what's wrong so that that happened. They will all be too focused on how the Dems nominated Hillary even though there is no evidence suggesting that Bernie would have won even if they hadn't tilted things in Hillary's direction. This isn't a suggestion that this issue should be ignored.... but folks might want to make sure that they haven't got massive blinders on, because while 100% of their fury is directed at the Dems, Trump will just stroll right into the White House, and god fucking knows what he'll do to the Republican Party then (or what he'll manage to replace it with). This whole election needs to be looked at with a panoramic view.
    How many times have I told you? I am NOT WORRIED about a Trump presidency. Brian is not either. Take your fear and direct it elsewhere. He DOES NOT WANT THE Job. We all know what a narcissist he is, and how much he loves the attention. You really thinks he wants to lead this country, a buffoon wanting to deal with foreign relations? Volunteering to be resident scapegoat at the top? NO! There's no doubt in my mind if he wins, he'll stay.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Pretty amazing.

That guy's got balls. And a whole lot of tolerance.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

How many times have I told you? I am NOT WORRIED about a Trump presidency. Brian is not either. Take your fear and direct it elsewhere. He DOES NOT WANT THE Job. We all know what a narcissist he is, and how much he loves the attention. You really thinks he wants to lead this country, a buffoon wanting to deal with foreign relations? Volunteering to be resident scapegoat at the top? NO! There's no doubt in my mind if he wins, he'll stay.
    Dude, I wasn't talking to you, lol. I never suggested that you are personally worried about a Trump presidency, and actually, it didn't even occur to me to wonder if you were or not. But I don't know why you're speaking for Brian (who I also wasn't talking to)..
    But since you mentioned it... I don't think Trump really wanted it either (I don't even think he really thought it through), but it's too late for that. He's not going to turn back now.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited July 2016

All Hilary delegates were given seats up front. All Sanders delegates had to sit up in the back. Not rigged at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

All Hilary delegates were given seats up front. All Sanders delegates had to sit up in the back. Not rigged at all.

States pick the seating for their delegates, I am pretty certain. I believe most states reserve their best seats for the top people then it's more or less GA
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    I wish this could have been a real proud moment in America history, like when Obama gave his acceptance speech in Denver. Hundreds of thousands of people in attendance cheering on the first African American president of the United States. Such a beautiful and inspirational moment, even republicans were proud and inspired. The first woman President/nominee should feel the same way, unfortunately the vast majority of people don't feel this way. If the polls are right, if she does have a 60+ unfavorable rating, than most Americans must not be feeling all that proud. Seats are empty or are being sold, abandon, or given away because not many want to be a part of this. Not because she's a woman, but because of her character- and that's exactly how we should judge people, based on their character. Unfortunately this isn't such a proud day in American history. Sad, but true.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Free said:

mickeyrat said:

How many times does this have to be repeated? Neither CLINTON NOR SANDERS HAD ENOUGH DELEGATES TO WIN NOMINATION prior to the convention. BOTH invited to the convention regardless of the intense pressure from the DNC to force Sanders to stop. I'll say that again. INTENSE PRESSURE FROM THE DNC AND THE MEDIA TO GET SANDERS TO QUIT EVEN THOUGH HE WON 46% OF THE VOTE. See what happens when you think every thing you see and hear on the media is accurate? It's Not!!!

The 2016 Democratic Party presidential primaries and caucuses were a series of electoral contests organized by the Democratic Party to select the 4,051 delegates to the Democratic National Convention to be held July 25–28 and determine the nominee for President of the United States in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. The elections took place within all fifty U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories and occurred between February 1 and June 14, 2016. An extra 716 unpledged delegates (712 votes) or "superdelegates" are appointed by the Party independently of the primaries' electoral process.
    States do have a say as to how they primary or caucus. And whether they are open or closed.

I agree with you regarding Sanders not addressing "airtime he received and the mostly negative press he was getting". He should have more!

It was both! But mostly his ideas. Because nothing stops now. Bernie's already gone back to being an Independent and his movement move forward, creating new leaders across the country and continuing progressive and people-oriented issues and getting the damn money out of politics.

So you're argument is had the DNC not sent those emails, the Bernie had a change with the super delegates? As fuck ked up as the notion of a super delegate is, it's politics. That's the game. It will always be the game. That's not corruption. It's a popularity contest. I don't know how the super delegates decide who they're voting for, but of the 700+ super delegates, you have to have had over half of them switch their vote to sanders. How likely do you think that is?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Free said:

States pick the seating for their delegates, I am pretty certain. I believe most states reserve their best seats for the top people then it's more or less GA
    Why do you think the camera always panned to the first 30 rows of people when you're watching a speaker? All Clinton delegates. Why do you think you never saw the empty seats up in back after the walkout? All the Sanders delegates. That guy on the video I posted even explained that... Not saying you're wrong but I've known how they sat the delegates since the first day. Those booers that Sarah Silverman ridiculed? Didn't see her angle? She was talking to the back and the sides.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    ^^^
    I like how Trump said consistently throughout his summit to his pinnacle during his podium speeches that the press never shows the crowds seated in front of him.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

I wish this could have been a real proud moment in America history, like when Obama gave his acceptance speech in Denver. Hundreds of thousands of people in attendance cheering on the first African American president of the United States. Such a beautiful and inspirational moment, even republicans were proud and inspired. The first woman President/nominee should feel the same way, unfortunately the vast majority of people don't feel this way. If the polls are right, if she does have a 60+ unfavorable rating, than most Americans must not be feeling all that proud. Seats are empty or are being sold, abandon, or given away because not many want to be a part of this. Not because she's a woman, but because of her character- and that's exactly how we should judge people, based on their character. Unfortunately this isn't such a proud day in American history. Sad, but true.

2008 was so much different. And yeah, I've been hearing that delegates have left and seats are being not sold - but paid - to people who will sit in them.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Free said:

mickeyrat said:

So you're argument is had the DNC not sent those emails, the Bernie had a change with the super delegates? As fuck ked up as the notion of a super delegate is, it's politics. That's the game. It will always be the game. That's not corruption. It's a popularity contest. I don't know how the super delegates decide who they're voting for, but of the 700+ super delegates, you have to have had over half of them switch their vote to sanders. How likely do you think that is?

My God, I never said any of this. Superdelegates voted YESTERDAY. And it's not the game, SDs are the Democrat game. They dont have them in the republican party. The DNC is shady as fuck and conspired against Sanders from early on. The emails only PROVED what we already knew. It's corruption, you apologist.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Watch especially from 3:20 to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoAJtLty0ow
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited July 2016
    That's why I asked you if that's what you meant. Because you ssid neither clinton or sanders had enough votes prior to the election.
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Dude, I wasn't talking to you, lol. I never suggested that you are personally worried about a Trump presidency, and actually, it didn't even occur to me to wonder if you were or not. But I don't know why you're speaking for Brian (who I also wasn't talking to)..
    But since you mentioned it... I don't think Trump really wanted it either (I don't even think he really thought it through), but it's too late for that. He's not going to turn back now.
    He can quit (and probably will) at any time. Don't make it sound like the boogey man can't.

Brian and I have both voiced our opinions several times about not voting based on fear.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

2008 was so much different. And yeah, I've been hearing that delegates have left and seats are being not sold - but paid - to people who will sit in them.
    Looky here Tonifig. This was on C-SPAN. Seat fillers being used to block the entrance, stopping California delegates from entering.

Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Looky here Tonifig. This was on C-SPAN. Seat fillers being used to block the entrance, stopping California delegates from entering.

Crazy man ... Ruthless

https://vid.me/4tYB
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    What is a seat filler? Unless it's a blowup doll, then it's another real live human being. If a CA delegate leaves and the DNC gives their seat to someone else, then it's still one person and eventually one vote. This is a dumb argument.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    mrussel1 said:

What is a seat filler? Unless it's a blowup doll, then it's another real live human being. If a CA delegate leaves and the DNC gives their seat to someone else, then it's still one person and eventually one vote. This is a dumb argument.

You don't find paying people to fill these seats a bit fishy?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    By contrast, looks like the ca delegates want to be there which counters the earlier argument that it was empty. Still dumb and yet another fabricated persecution.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Bernie's new jet looks comfy...hope it was worth it.