Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    edited July 2016
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

What is a seat filler? Unless it's a blowup doll, then it's another real live human being. If a CA delegate leaves and the DNC gives their seat to someone else, then it's still one person and eventually one vote. This is a dumb argument.

You don't find paying people to fill these seats a bit fishy?
    They are not paying anyone to be there. I assume he is referencing the photo shopped craigslist posts, which didn't even use the same font.

People are selling passes for a significant amount of money.

Some of this shit being believed it just straight up stupid
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

What is a seat filler? Unless it's a blowup doll, then it's another real live human being. If a CA delegate leaves and the DNC gives their seat to someone else, then it's still one person and eventually one vote. This is a dumb argument.

You don't find paying people to fill these seats a bit fishy?
    They are not paying anyone to be there. I assume he is referencing the photo shopped craigslist posts, which didn't even use the same font.

People are selling passes for a significant amount of money.

Some of this shit being believed it just straight up stupid
    Thanks for clarification.

Still not a DNC fan though. Carry on.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

By contrast, looks like the ca delegates want to be there which counters the earlier argument that it was empty. Still dumb and yet another fabricated persecution.

I am waiting for the jet fuel can't melt steel posts
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

mrussel1 said:

By contrast, looks like the ca delegates want to be there which counters the earlier argument that it was empty. Still dumb and yet another fabricated persecution.

Thanks for keeping everyone accountable. Is this also fabricated?

https://vid.me/4tYB
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I wish this could have been a real proud moment in America history, like when Obama gave his acceptance speech in Denver. Hundreds of thousands of people in attendance cheering on the first African American president of the United States. Such a beautiful and inspirational moment, even republicans were proud and inspired. The first woman President/nominee should feel the same way, unfortunately the vast majority of people don't feel this way. If the polls are right, if she does have a 60+ unfavorable rating, than most Americans must not be feeling all that proud. Seats are empty or are being sold, abandon, or given away because not many want to be a part of this. Not because she's a woman, but because of her character- and that's exactly how we should judge people, based on their character. Unfortunately this isn't such a proud day in American history. Sad, but true.

2008 was so much different. And yeah, I've been hearing that delegates have left and seats are being not sold - but paid - to people who will sit in them.
    Looky here Tonifig. This was on C-SPAN. Seat fillers being used to block the entrance, stopping California delegates from entering.

abowersock seems to be messing with people from Seattle

https://twitter.com/abowersock
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Would this be the first time Hillary utilizes the static machine? Hmmmmmm

Nah it's all fabricated.she's the most qualified and transparent politician to seek the presidency.
    Who needs news outlets when we have these two Guys(Russ) serving and protecting the people with the facts.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Ha. Guess that's what happens when you boo the president
  • Options
    Seriously though, no one is being paid to be there
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Don't make this about Obama. Hillary and the DNC are full of these tactics. Just look at the emails as some sort of evidence of that. Her not releasing her speeches is another indication of her character. Shady as Fuc! And it goes on and on.... And on.. And on... Not a very proud day in US history- 60+ untrustworthy rating ... Yeah, it must just be the whacko Bernie bros... Haha
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Some dude speaking at the DNC just said a radical revolution of values?!? What the fuck?!? Has he not been paying attention?
  • Options
    some dude posted this and now I'm sharing his comment:

"Remember we were promised violence and protests and EPIC riots at the RNC and they had thousands of cops there and there were hundreds of reporters dressed in battle armor like they do during war coverage. There was a perfect storm of Cruz taking his base and revolting against the champion with the RNC ready to sweep in and destroy trump. #WE WERE PROMISED DRAMA AND HUGE FIERY VIOLENT PROTESTS AT THE RNC.

But there was nothing. They were there reporting for the whole week preparing for the violence and it never came.

And now we have 1/3 of the DNC protesting pretty hardcore outside the DNC and you can see the camera angles they switch to constantly to avoid and ounce of drama since the DNC is so united and perfectly harmonious. They've dumped massive banners all over the DNC coliseum and they've edited it out of every clip and made sure it never sees the light of television. It's the most perfectly crafted convention leading up to this beautiful moment to hear a woman who hasn't given a single press conference in over a year. Refuses to speak publicly about the MASSIVE MEDIA CONTROL SCANDAL that was leaked. Refuses to acknowledge the fact that the DNC STOLE this entire election from Bernie. He won more votes and he still lost. We have emails and now voicemails of DNC people disparaging ATHEISTS, JEWS, HISPANICS, and now BLACK AMERICANS. The most disgusting vile den of pure corruption and disinformation ever seen in modern times. ADOLF HITLER HIMSELF WOULD BE JEALOUS OF HOW MUCH SHE CAN GET AWAY WITH.

And the media is silent as an empty room about it. They refuse to acknowledge it.
    Ignoring its existence will only make us stronger"
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    edited July 2016
    Sweet Lew!
    Post edited by CH156378 on
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Don't make this about Obama. Hillary and the DNC are full of these tactics. Just look at the emails as some sort of evidence of that. Her not releasing her speeches is another indication of her character. Shady as Fuc! And it goes on and on.... And on.. And on... Not a very proud day in US history- 60+ untrustworthy rating ... Yeah, it must just be the whacko Bernie bros... Haha
    My point was that they have been a pain in the ass all week. Of course they are going to drown them out
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Re-posted to "DNC Leaks thread. Thank you for your patience.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    brianlux said:

Why can't we just get straight answers any more? Did the DNC rig the election or didn't they? Try to find an answer. New Republic (supposedly a liberal media) say "no they didn't". The Slate, an offshoot of New Republic say the DNC doesn't even know how to rig an election. NY Observer says Wikileak proves they did. Zero Hedge, a business journal says they did. The Nation says they didn't. Indianapolis Star says they did.

I'm beginning to think everything is rigged. The whole system is kaput. The more I read about Dems and Reps the more sane Green Party looks to me. Greens take stances and nobody says "yes they did!" or "no they didn't!" It's all there. It's plain to see. Take it or leave it. I'll take it. I'm tired of all the other rotten business. How can anyone support either of those two parties anymore? What on earth is in it for you?

Because the the green party never had to react to a monetary crisis, or an attack on 9/11, or push a budget through congress. Campaigning is easier than governing.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Why can't we just get straight answers any more? Did the DNC rig the election or didn't they? Try to find an answer. New Republic (supposedly a liberal media) say "no they didn't". The Slate, an offshoot of New Republic say the DNC doesn't even know how to rig an election. NY Observer says Wikileak proves they did. Zero Hedge, a business journal says they did. The Nation says they didn't. Indianapolis Star says they did.

I'm beginning to think everything is rigged. The whole system is kaput. The more I read about Dems and Reps the more sane Green Party looks to me. Greens take stances and nobody says "yes they did!" or "no they didn't!" It's all there. It's plain to see. Take it or leave it. I'll take it. I'm tired of all the other rotten business. How can anyone support either of those two parties anymore? What on earth is in it for you?

Perhaps if Americans stuck with "God Bless America" things would even out.
    god fits in nicely with your election kinda like the little man (or woman as I would not want to belabelled as a sexist :smile: )
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

Because the the green party never had to react to a monetary crisis, or an attack on 9/11, or push a budget through congress. Campaigning is easier than governing.
    Moved to other thread. See above.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    brianlux said:

YES it was rigged
    Rigged from the beginning
    They were out to get us from the start
    We never had a chance
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :anguished:
  • Options

brianlux said:

YES it was rigged
    Rigged from the beginning
    They were out to get us from the start
    We never had a chance
    I knew it! I fvcking knew it!! I need a drink, damn it!
    :rofl:

• Options
    It's amazing that the DNC can't send an email competently, but they can somehow rig an election and edit convention footage in real time. Truly amazing.

These people obviously don't believe this but +3.7 million votes for Hillary

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_vote_count.html
  • Options
    I love that last speaker.
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    ^The father of the soldier? Amazing
  • Options
    CH156378 said:

Yeah, incredibile.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

It's amazing that the DNC can't send an email competently, but they can somehow rig an election and edit convention footage in real time. Truly amazing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_vote_count.html

We don't believe what? That she received millions of votes? When did we say we didn't believe that? Are you assuming we don't believe that? because I haven't heard one of the Bernie people mention that.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

We don't believe what? That she received millions of votes? When did we say we didn't believe that? Are you assuming we don't believe that? because I haven't heard one of the Bernie people mention that.
    That she won by 3.7 million votes or whatever is listed there.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    tonifig8 said:

More specifically that she received 3.7 mm votes more than Bernie. Every state he lost, it was always rigged.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

CH156378 said:

Yeah, incredibile.
    Powerful stuff. Special moment when he pulled out his pocket constitution.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Seriously though, no one is being paid to be there

Except for all the politicians, civil servants, campaign consultants etc who are getting taxpayer and/or donor money and who are also writing off all travel as a business expense.
  • Options
    How the fuck do people chant protests during a fucking medial of honor recipient speaking?!?!?This is not a person making policy decisions.

Fuck these people.

I'd kick them all out.