Options

DNC Philadelphia 2016

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

pjhawks said:

so one protester last night got severely burned when stomping on a burning American flag. while i usually have sympathy for injured people part of me can't help but think she got what she deserved.

I think these Bernie people are really starting to get annoying. you fucking lost. move on people. it's embarrassing chanting for Bernie during the President's speech.

if you're not scared or even disgusted by Trump's relationships/dealings with Russia you aren't paying attention. I mean the man encouraged Russia to hack Hillary's emails. are you fucking kidding me? I honestly can't believe any rational person would vote for him. it's mind boggling to me. I get why some people dislike Hillary but the things people dislike about Hillary the Donald is even worse in those same things.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Bill Clinton looks good. If (and hopefully when) Hillary wins I'm not sure bubba makes it through a possible 8 years.

I thought Obama's made some great points and agree on Hillary's resume. I've been telling people i know that i'm not sure in my lifetime we've had a more qualified person to be President than Hillary when based on her experiences within government.

This week has certainly confirmed my feelings towards many of the Bernie or bust folks. They largely cannot even speak to their positions.
    I just don't get what the intended goals of these silly actions are.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,006
    Biden and Obama just killed it last night. Great speeches.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,409
    edited July 2016

pjhawks said:

so one protester last night got severely burned when stomping on a burning American flag. while i usually have sympathy for injured people part of me can't help but think she got what she deserved.

I think these Bernie people are really starting to get annoying. you fucking lost. move on people. it's embarrassing chanting for Bernie during the President's speech.

if you're not scared or even disgusted by Trump's relationships/dealings with Russia you aren't paying attention. I mean the man encouraged Russia to hack Hillary's emails. are you fucking kidding me? I honestly can't believe any rational person would vote for him. it's mind boggling to me. I get why some people dislike Hillary but the things people dislike about Hillary the Donald is even worse in those same things.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Bill Clinton looks good. If (and hopefully when) Hillary wins I'm not sure bubba makes it through a possible 8 years.

I thought Obama's made some great points and agree on Hillary's resume. I've been telling people i know that i'm not sure in my lifetime we've had a more qualified person to be President than Hillary when based on her experiences within government.

This week has certainly confirmed my feelings towards many of the Bernie or bust folks. They largely cannot even speak to their positions.
    This has been my thought as well. I understand people being passionate about movements, people, policy, etc... I think it's great and I think more of it is need, but people also need to be real and pragmatic.

I'm not sure what the "Bernie or Bust" folks expected. Even if he were to have been the nominee and been elected, these folks do know that the House of Representatives (and possibly the Senate) will still be controlled by Republicans who will not back/support/vote for any of Bernie's proposed policies. They must not have been paying any attention to what happened to the Obama administration regarding policy proposals the last 6 years.

And the whole "well I'm not voting for Clinton to stop Trump, because there's no difference between the two" line is even more absurd. This whole election is really about the Supreme Court, who at the end of the day actually decide the laws of this country. There is already one opening. RBG, Kennedy, and Breyer are all over 80 years old. There is a real possibility they are not going to make it another 4-8 years. This makes 4 openings. Trump has already released his list of potential nominees, who are not supporters of any form of progressive ideology and are young. These 4 spots combined with Roberts, Alieto, and Thomas would ensure no progressive measures survive a decision from the Court. Thus the death of progressive ideals being imposed for at least 25-30 years.

Hell, I'm not a huge fan of Hillary, but to even consider not voting for her, is in my opinion not an option and irresponsible.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    The fuck. They are not Bernie supporters they are protesting the democratic party. Which could be any fucking body including Trump supporters or any disagreeing voter. So you know where to go with your labels and hatred. The first amendment allows us to free speech whether you two want to admit it or not. I personally do not condone flagburning but it's still a right of ours. It makes a statement and boy does it get across.
    The U.S. Supreme Court has affirmed and reaffirmed that the right to desecrate the flag is included in the Constitution's protection of speech. Flag burning and desecration is offensive precisely because it is political.
    Flag Desecration | American Civil Liberties Union
    American Civil Liberties Union › issues
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Let's talk about Nina Turner shall we?

Nina is a former senator and strong leader in the Sanders camp who was supposed to go up with Tulsi Gabbard to announce his nomination. She didn't end up on the podium and rumors flu that her credentials were taken away. What really happened is still coming out, but she was not allowed to go up by officials. No, she didn't do anything wrong. This is the Democratic Party being undemocratic and forceful that everyone does things the way they want or else.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/07/nina-turner-sanders-democratic-national-convention

Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited July 2016
    Free said:
    They absolutely need to let Nina Turner speak. They need to let everyone know that Hillary is moving forward with the promise of guaranteed traction on the Bernie issues. I agree at the end there, where they brought up how it shouldn't be a campaign based on only keeping Trump out. I do feel the DNC needs to remind the press this week how important Bernie's contributors and supporters were and still are. It doesn't sound like they're getting the appreciation they need. Good luck to em'. Thanks for the link :)
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,617
    edited July 2016
    "A lot of the stuff that was in his platform is now in the democratic platform, those are all tremendous feats, but there's an emotional part of all of this that is still not being acknowledged about what it would take to get to unity"

Whhhhhhaaat?

Honestly, this is what I am getting out of this week..this exact quote. They are getting a TON of what they want in terms of policy, but their feelings are hurt because they lost.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited July 2016

"A lot of the stuff that was in his platform is now in the democratic platform, those are all tremendous feats, but there's an emotional part of all of this that is still not being acknowledged about what it would take to get to unity"

Whhhhhhaaat?

Did you see the video? They're talking about ingenuity. Saying one thing and doing another? Saying one thing and not really meaning it because you can tell by the tone of your voice? Why do you think you're so much unrest at the Democratic convention ?????

Has HRC come out and said anything about hiring DWS? No. Has she said anything about those emails? No. Are her supporters working to get along and unite with Sanders supporters? By looking at all live feeds and updates that's a rousing NO.

Some of you may just want to be on the winning team. While you're on the losing team when it comes to being a citizen of this country. Hillary is a corporately owned politician and soon to be corporately owned president. She's not looking out for you, she's looking out for her and her corporate interests.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

pjhawks said:

This has been my thought as well. I understand people being passionate about movements, people, policy, etc... I think it's great and I think more of it is need, but people also need to be real and pragmatic.

I'm not sure what the "Bernie or Bust" folks expected. Even if he were to have been the nominee and been elected, these folks do know that the House of Representatives (and possibly the Senate) will still be controlled by Republicans who will not back/support/vote for any of Bernie's proposed policies. They must not have been paying any attention to what happened to the Obama administration regarding policy proposals the last 6 years.

And the whole "well I'm not voting for Clinton to stop Trump, because there's no difference between the two" line is even more absurd. This whole election is really about the Supreme Court, who at the end of the day actually decide the laws of this country. There is already one opening. RBG, Kennedy, and Breyer are all over 80 years old. There is a real possibility they are not going to make it another 4-8 years. This makes 4 openings. Trump has already released his list of potential nominees, who are not supporters of any form of progressive ideology and are young. These 4 spots combined with Roberts, Alieto, and Thomas would ensure no progressive measures survive a decision from the Court. Thus the death of progressive ideals being imposed for at least 25-30 years.

Hell, I'm not a huge fan of Hillary, but to even consider not voting for her, is in my opinion not an option and irresponsible.
    to address you and a few of the other people talking shit about the Bernie people. Can you guys stop with the whole, "I don't get these people booing" or "get over it Clinton won move on". This isn't about Bernie. We get that trump is dangerous, WE DO NOT WANT TRUMP TO LEAD THIS NATION!! However what Hillary and her goons have done completely undermine our democracy. So we will continue to attack her and continue to fight for our democracy. If the DNC would have put out a candidate who wasn't surrounded by so much corruption and unethical behavior I don't think we would be fighting as much. We're not a bunch of whackos. We have been around for several years and are well aware of the state of affairs. We know the struggles Obama faced. Fuck, most of us helped him get elected by donating our time and money!!! We helped him push policy by calling our representatives and encouraging others to do the same. We did a lot to help shape his presidency. We weren't born yesterday! Stop wasting time with trying to take cheap shots. Let's focus on reality.

We also know that Bernie and or Hillary would face enormous challengers with congress. WE FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT!!! The difference here is that Bernie would be someone we can trust to help fight for our democratic system. He would have helped bring in good people and help clean up the system, while at the same time pushing policy. The is a reason why Clinton and Trump poll so damn high when it comes to trust! That's the fucking reality! The two worst nominees of all time. UNBELIEVABLE!

Obama nailed it last night- his delivery was strong and by far the best from last night. He attempted to unit the party and people respected his speech and his leadership, but once the crook stepped out on stage all of that changed.

This is a critical moment where we can actually change the system- Where the people can rise up and show these powerful individuals that they are not bigger than our democracy. We'll do that at all cost.

Lastly we wouldn't be as divided had the DNC chosen a candidate who wasn't so damn shady and surrounded by so many issues. WE WOULD BE DISCUSSING POLICY RIGHT NOW, BUT INSTEAD WE'RE FIGHTING OVER THIS CROOKS UNETHICAL BEHAVIORS AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THIS CROOK HASN'T GIVEN A GODDAM PRESS CONFERENCE IN MONTHS!! HER POLICY HAS BEEN DISCUSSED - WE ALL KNOW SHE LOVES TO FLIP FLOP.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited July 2016

that's all they are good at...and I laughed at Biden talking about the middle class and how he can relate that's like me saying cause I grew up in the black ghetto for a small fraction of my life (which I did) I can understand the plight of all blacks and all of the lower middle class at the present time

amazing reading on these boards how so many people get sucked into what these frauds have to say on both sides...they don't care about anyone but their own special interest...period

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

that's all they are good at...and I laughed at Biden talking about the middle class and how he can relate that's like me saying cause I grew up in the black ghetto for a small fraction of my life (which I did) I can understand the plight of all blacks and all of the lower middle class at the present time

amazing reading on these boards how so many people get sucked into what these frauds have to say on both sides...they don't care about anyone but their own special interest...period

uh...Biden's net worth is like $500K....that's middle class

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,237
    tonifig8 said:

pjhawks said:

to address you and a few of the other people talking shit about the Bernie people. Can you guys stop with the whole, "I don't get these people booing" or "get over it Clinton won move on". This isn't about Bernie. We get that trump is dangerous, WE DO NOT WANT TRUMP TO LEAD THIS NATION!! However what Hillary and her goons have done completely undermine our democracy. So we will continue to attack her and continue to fight for our democracy. If the DNC would have put out a candidate who wasn't surrounded by so much corruption and unethical behavior I don't think we would be fighting as much. We're not a bunch of whackos. We have been around for several years and are well aware of the state of affairs. We know the struggles Obama faced. Fuck, most of us helped him get elected by donating our time and money!!! We helped him push policy by calling our representatives and encouraging others to do the same. We did a lot to help shape his presidency. We weren't born yesterday! Stop wasting time with trying to take cheap shots. Let's focus on reality.

We also know that Bernie and or Hillary would face enormous challengers with congress. WE FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT!!! The difference here is that Bernie would be someone we can trust to help fight for our democratic system. He would have helped bring in good people and help clean up the system, while at the same time pushing policy. The is a reason why Clinton and Trump poll so damn high when it comes to trust! That's the fucking reality! The two worst nominees of all time. UNBELIEVABLE!

Obama nailed it last night- his delivery was strong and by far the best from last night. He attempted to unit the party and people respected his speech and his leadership, but once the crook stepped out on stage all of that changed.

This is a critical moment where we can actually change the system- Where the people can rise up and show these powerful individuals that they are not bigger than our democracy. We'll do that at all cost.

Lastly we wouldn't be as divided had the DNC chosen a candidate who wasn't so damn shady and surrounded by so many issues. WE WOULD BE DISCUSSING POLICY RIGHT NOW, BUT INSTEAD WE'RE FIGHTING OVER THIS CROOKS UNETHICAL BEHAVIORS AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THIS CROOK HASN'T GIVEN A GODDAM PRESS CONFERENCE IN MONTHS!! HER POLICY HAS BEEN DISCUSSED - WE ALL KNOW SHE LOVES TO FLIP FLOP.
    chanting while the President of the United States was speaking was disrespectful to the man and to the office.
  • Options
    Bernie Sanders backer Nina Turner says she was dumped from DNC speaking assignment

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/07/bernie_sanders_backer_nina_tur.html
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,409
    edited July 2016
    tonifig8 said:

pjhawks said:

I wasn't talking shit. Settle down. I was stating my opinion of what I, and what appears to be others are observing from a select few who are choosing to express their opinion and opposition. Notice how I used "I" when stating my opinion and avoided using "we", "you", "they", "them". It is my opinion; not me backing, supporting, or speaking for others. No where in my statement did I direct anything at you personally. I will say, again my observation, that there is a contingent in the dissenting Sanders supports/anti-Clinton that I believe don't fully understand the full ramifications of what may possibly occur under a Trump presidency. And a group that just wants to stir the shit for no other reason that to stir shit.

Look, I was a giant supporter of Ralph Nader in the 2000 election. I was in my early 20s and found the whole "fuck the establishment" movement he brought to the table very appealing. I voted for him as did many, many others. Within a year I regretted it, and I think many other people my age did as well. I don't think I need to explain why. I still believe this country needs more than two main political parties, but that movement has to begin at the local level.

As to this part of your statement above:

"This is a critical moment where we can actually change the system- Where the people can rise up and show these powerful individuals that they are not bigger than our democracy. We'll do that at all cost."

I will agree with this once the 2018 midterm election rolls around, no matter the results of this election. If this movement can turnout and carry the fire for that election it will officially be a true movement. The problem is that voters, primarily younger voters with progressive, liberal views, always get excited during a presidential election with talk of "taking back the system" and "power to the people" but these same people disappear from the polls during the midterms. Not sure why, and as people have learned from from past midterms, especially 2010 and 2014 when the Obama backers stayed home, the real power to change government is in local, state, and US House of Rep elections.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2016
    Wow...I'm predicting a lot of shit slinging socialists, lol. Is this considered biological warfare?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    pjhawks said:

I saw some Trump supporters asked "what could he do to make you not vote for him?".... The answer was almost always "nothing". So they asked stuff like, "what if he murdered someone? Would that change your mind?" They all said no. One man said that if he was a child molester he might reconsider (which is funny, because someone has accused him of doing just that and no one cares).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

I saw some Trump supporters asked "what could he do to make you not vote for him?".... The answer was almost always "nothing". So they asked stuff like, "what if he murdered someone? Would that change your mind?" They all said no. One man said that if he was a child molester he might reconsider (which is funny, because someone has accused him of doing just that and no one cares).
    The same could be said to Hillary supporters, and they wouldn't budge either. When you're an apologist, you're an apologist.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831

pjhawks said:

Their labeling of Hillary voters as "sheep" is getting pretty ironic.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,990
    BS44325 said:
    ohh I get it now. ratings are the indicator of success or failure and how serious something is.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Ex-CIA Chief's Speech Disrupted by Chants of "Love Not War" at DNC

'Badass' protesters wonder: 'Why do we need to be in perpetual warfare?'

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/07/28/ex-cia-chiefs-speech-disrupted-chants-love-not-war-dnc

see video at link
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,617
    Not much in the way of protests tonight. Couple dozen people at FDR. Hasn't been anything really in Center City. Knock on wood...Philly did good..
  • Options

Not much in the way of protests tonight. Couple dozen people at FDR. Hasn't been anything really in Center City. Knock on wood...Philly did good..

Dnc had more protestors than rnc according to news reports.

As it has been posted and as it has been made clear, the Hillary camp is doing everything they can to get rid of anyone who isn't demonstrating loyalty to her.

It's to bad the world isn't getting the truth. The DNC party is not united, but I guess if you're running a party you want it to appear like everything is in order. Kind of like her rallies that were a quarter full but cameras wouldn't show the big picture. It's all good. Hope she does a fantastic job today.
  • Options
    Sanders won 48% of the delegation for the dem party and 46% of the vote to get to where we are. So for ANYONE to say Sanders and his delegates don't belong there with an equal voice, all the while the feeble attempts to shut his delegates and supporters out (see above link, where the arena dimmed lights on protesters to ex-CIA speech) and stopped Nina Turner from speaking, etc. They have NO RIGHT.

We are power in numbers and won 46% of that VOTE!! And that was with closed primaries. Imagine what the results would be if they were even slightly opened. Sanders would have won no problem.

If Hillary camp thinks we're going to vote for her? With the treatment Sanders' delegates and supporters have received for merely standing up for our rights by peaceful protests and silent walkouts? Let alone the Wikileaks and primary suppression? Hiring a damned chairwoman after being forced out? Not taking our platform more seriously? REALLY?????

• Options
    Free said:

Sanders won 48% of the delegation for the dem party and 46% of the vote to get to where we are. So for ANYONE to say Sanders and his delegates don't belong there with an equal voice, all the while the feeble attempts to shut his delegates and supporters out (see above link, where the arena dimmed lights on protesters to ex-CIA speech) and stopped Nina Turner from speaking, etc. They have NO RIGHT.

We are power in numbers and won 46% of that VOTE!! And that was with closed primaries. Imagine what the results would be if they were even slightly opened. Sanders would have won no problem.

If Hillary camp thinks we're going to vote for her? With the treatment Sanders' delegates and supporters have received for merely standing up for our rights by peaceful protests and silent walkouts? Let alone the Wikileaks and primary suppression? Hiring a damned chairwoman after being forced out? Not taking our platform more seriously? REALLY?????

This is well said. Couldn't agree with you more. If things would have been done the right way, and if we had a candidate who wasn't filled with so many issues we wouldn't be where we are today. The discussion would be about uniting and sorting out any differences over the course of the election, but instead the DNC rigged everything and the Clintons went along with it. Clinton demonstrated very poor character and has been so secretive about many important matters that affect voters. I could go on and on.
    It's hard to disagree with Free here. Common sense
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,990
    I'm confused then. If the platform was largely written from Bernies proposals, how is your voice not being heard? Fact remains he did not have the necessary delegates to secure the nomination. All caucuses and primarirs are run by the individual states NOT the dnc.

one thing he really failed to address was the amount of airtime he received and the mostly negative press he was getting. that is squarely on the ad hungry media.

so my question is , was it the man or the ideas?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14