Another Attack in France (Nice)

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Then Germany and Greece should have closed their border
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

^^^because the middle east can deal with their own problems, constantly at war, Isis a gang of hoodlums, terrorism and on and on .... We need to leave that part world and let them figure it out.

But when refugees flood the borders - when they land on beaches in overcrowded boats while the bodies of their loved ones and neighbors wash up on shore beside them, when 20,000 people all try to cross the border at the same time and when tens of thousands are filling the streets while they starve, you can't just leave it alone. It becomes a humanitarian crisis right on your doorstep that is literally impossible to just ignore.
    Does Germany want help? I've never seen Germany ask for help. My guess, Merkle saw these refuge' as potential voters for her political party (because the refugees will know who let them in), same here in Canada, our selfie taking prime minister sunny ways sees the refugees as liberal voters ...

You do need to screen them properly ... no matter how it takes. And wasn't it you who questioned why the refugees always end up in larger urban areas ...

As far as I'm concerned theses refugees are taking a bad situation and using that jump the que.

Are Canadians who are stuck in areas of economic decline given flights, money, health care benefits to move within Canada to improve their economic outlook? There might be a little help locally, but nothing like the help given these refugees. Sorry we don't have the $$$ for these refugees when we underfund so much of our public services ie health care in particular, and are running a 30 billion deficit. Yes I agree it's a humanitarian crisis, where is the useless un on this, where all the money poured into the worlds biggest waste, why don't they have a fund to help refugees?

The lack of compassion from those liberals in Ottawa toward their own citizens is amazing unless your in a certain income tax bracket.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited July 2016
    No, I questioned why immigrants are allowed to all end up in larger urban areas. The refugees were actually pretty well disbursed. Also, several thousands of them were privately sponsored.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    France in shock again after Isis murder of priest in Normandy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/26/france-shock-second-isis-attack-12-days

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

PJ_Soul said:

No, I questioned why immigrants are allowed to end up in larger urban areas. The refugees were actually pretty well disbursed. Also, several thousands of them were privately sponsored.

Oh ... refugees are ok as long as they don't end up in Vancouver...

That private sponsorship doesn't cover health, we do ... the taxpayer...and here in southern Ontario the system is in constant turmoil, but hey here's an idea let's bring 25000 people into Canada in two months ... what could wrong? Maybe in BC your public services are much better funded than here in southern Ontario.

edited July 2016
    It's been said before a bunch of times, but I'll say it again: The Muslim community really has to step up and confront this issue. They are the only ones who can really reach out to these young Muslims who decide to radicalize. They are the ones who need to monitor their damn kids and make sure they're not being brainwashed by ISIS online and shit, and they are the ones who are most likely to see suspicious behaviour, so they are the ones who should report it. I really don't understand why the Muslim communities around the world aren't much more vocal and involved with this issue. I know there are examples where they speak out here and there, but those few brave ones are not going to make a dent. So far, I have seen no good explanation as to why Muslims aren't more on top of this. The only two explanations I have seen are 1) there are people who speak against it (uh huh... not enough), and 2) Muslims put Muslims first so don't report suspicious activities because of guilt and fear of backlash from their community (dubious statement).
    Immigration/refugee reform is not the answer. The ONLY answer is to stop the problem before it starts. Prevent these people from becoming radicalized. That can't be done without a serious, BIG initiative on the part of Muslims, as opposed to repeated statements about how Islam is actually a peaceful religion. Yeah, we know, we know. But............
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Soul...

There could be a third explanation to the two you offered above: perhaps many are indifferent.

By indifferent, I mean they don't promote such obscenities, but they don't really care to any great degree either (in a similar manner to the 'terrorist acts nobody cares about').
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    PJ_Soul said:

It's been said before a bunch of times, but I'll say it again: The Muslim community really has to step up and confront this issue. They are the only ones who can really reach out to these young Muslims who decide to radicalize. They are the ones who need to monitor their damn kids and make sure they're not being brainwashed by ISIS online and shit, and they are the ones who are most likely to see suspicious behaviour, so they are the ones who should report it. I really don't understand why the Muslim communities around the world aren't much more vocal and involved with this issue. I know there are examples where they speak out here and there, but those few brave ones are not going to make a dent. So far, I have seen no good explanation as to why Muslims aren't more on top of this. The only two explanations I have seen are 1) there are people who speak against it (uh huh... not enough), and 2) Muslims put Muslims first so don't report suspicious activities because of guilt and fear of backlash from their community (dubious statement).
    Immigration/refugee reform is not the answer. The ONLY answer is to stop the problem before it starts. Prevent these people from becoming radicalized. That can't be done without a serious, BIG initiative on the part of Muslims, as opposed to repeated statements about how Islam is actually a peaceful religion. Yeah, we know, we know. But............

How can they prevent their kids from being brainwashed from Isis when their to busy brainwashing religion into them? I say this about all religion, so don't panic...or perhaps for the most part Christianity has at least matured somewhat (religion is a bullshit fantasy)...

edited July 2016

Soul...

There could be a third explanation to the two you offered above: perhaps many are indifferent.

By indifferent, I mean they don't promote such obscenities, but they don't really care to any great degree either (in a similar manner to the 'terrorist acts nobody cares about').

Maybe, although that would be surprising to me, since Muslim extremists kill a lot more Muslims than they do anyone else, destroy a lot more Muslim land and property than anyone else's, and Islamic terrorism is making the lives of Muslims in the West much harder because of the bigotry it fuels. So if they're indifferent, well.... that level of indifference would be beyond my comprehension so I can't comment. But something weird is definitely going on, with their lack of action, IMO.
  • PJ_Soul said:

Soul...

But something weird is definitely going on, with their lack of action, IMO.
    Trump has been saying this all along.
    And by the way you don't have to say IMO when you post. If it isn't your opinion whose is it?

PJ_Soul said:

Soul...

And by the way you don't have to say IMO when you post. If it isn't your opinion whose is it?
    I add IMO after one too many stupid comments about this and that just being my opinion. I used to say "well duh, what else would it be??", but that was ineffective, so I decided to start adding IMO for good measure. Not that it's any of your fucking business.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

^^^because the middle east can deal with their own problems, constantly at war, Isis a gang of hoodlums, terrorism and on and on .... We need to leave that part world and let them figure it out.

Yes leave them to themselves including Israel that I can agree with so you agree we should not be overthere trying to tell them how they should be running their nations ..
    I completely agree until you get into the humanitarian conundrum that creates. Human beings seem to generally feel a moral obligation to help people who are suffering. That is why it's not generally well-received with people say that we shouldn't even give to charities that feed starving people or that medicate the sick in third world countries, because we should allow natural population controls do its work. I find it difficult to believe that the west will just stand back and watch while religious fanatics rape little girls, throw acid in the faces of girls who try to go to school, imprison and murder entire villages because they're Christian, see gay people rounded up and sent to prison or put to death, etc etc etc.
    That's what Bush's Freedom Agenda was all about but I'm sure you spit on it back in the day.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Soul...

I add IMO after one too many stupid comments about this and that just being my opinion. I used to say "well duh, what else would it be??", but that was ineffective, so I decided to start adding IMO for good measure. Not that it's any of your fucking business.
    Still.
    Why do you have to add anything after what you say?
    It is what you say right?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Soul...

Still.
    Why do you have to add anything after what you say?
    It is what you say right?
    The reason I might add "IMO" after a comment is that I want to acknowledge that it is in fact an opinion and that I am acknowledging that some might disagree. Trying to sound less argumentative and more conversational.
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Yes leave them to themselves including Israel that I can agree with so you agree we should not be overthere trying to tell them how they should be running their nations ..
    I completely agree until you get into the humanitarian conundrum that creates. Human beings seem to generally feel a moral obligation to help people who are suffering. That is why it's not generally well-received with people say that we shouldn't even give to charities that feed starving people or that medicate the sick in third world countries, because we should allow natural population controls do its work. I find it difficult to believe that the west will just stand back and watch while religious fanatics rape little girls, throw acid in the faces of girls who try to go to school, imprison and murder entire villages because they're Christian, see gay people rounded up and sent to prison or put to death, etc etc etc.
    That's what Bush's Freedom Agenda was all about but I'm sure you spit on it back in the day.
    Bush's "Freedom Agenda" was all about hiding behind that line about democracy and freedom for all while what he was actually doing was getting revenge and helping out Halliburton. FWIW, I do not oppose things just because they come from someone I don't usually agree with. I'm happy to give credit where credit is due ... and it's not due as far as Bush's bullshit "Freedom Agenda" goes. And btw, I called it a conundrum for a good reason: that sense of moral obligation clashes directly with the fact that it may take waging a war in the very place where the people you're trying to help live, and killing a bunch of them. Bush didn't seem to understand that while he developed his lie about why he started that war.
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Bush's "Freedom Agenda" was all about hiding behind that line about democracy and freedom for all while what he was actually doing was getting revenge and helping out Halliburton. FWIW, I do not oppose things just because they come from someone I don't usually agree with. I'm happy to give credit where credit is due ... and it's not due as far as Bush's bullshit "Freedom Agenda" goes. And btw, I called it a conundrum for a good reason: that sense of moral obligation clashes directly with the fact that it may take waging a war in the very place where the people you're trying to help live, and killing a bunch of them. Bush didn't seem to understand that while he developed his lie about why he started that war.
    Nope. Sorry. Hatred for all things Bush prevented the world from tackling these problems head on and this is the disastrous result. You wear this. You all do.

https://youtu.be/ceSJLivxk2k
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,297
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Nope. Sorry. Hatred for all things Bush prevented the world from tackling these problems head on and this is the disastrous result. You wear this. You all do.

https://youtu.be/ceSJLivxk2k
    So professor, why don't you tell us what exactly we should love or even like about Bush? Did he leave office having left the country better off than when he found it? Answer honestly if you can but seeing you're not a citizen of the US and seemingly were left unscathed or perhaps even benefited from his administration's disastrous policies, I don't expect much. I don't own shit but I sure got shit, upon.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Bush created this mess. BS actually writes intelligent posts that are thought provoking, but he comes from another dimension sometimes- speaking of Bush as anything but an idiot that is the face of a calamity is coming from a dimension far far away.

Bush created this mess. BS actually writes intelligent posts that are thought provoking, but he comes from another dimension sometimes- speaking of Bush as anything but an idiot that is the face of a calamity is coming from a dimension far far away.

The part you and most everyone else fail to acknowledge is that the calamity was in process for decades before he ever came to office. Until you recognize this there can be no understanding of how to proceed from here.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,297
    BS44325 said:

Bush created this mess. BS actually writes intelligent posts that are thought provoking, but he comes from another dimension sometimes- speaking of Bush as anything but an idiot that is the face of a calamity is coming from a dimension far far away.

The part you and most everyone else fail to acknowledge is that the calamity was in process for decades before he ever came to office. Until you recognize this there can be no understanding of how to proceed from here.
    What calamity, exactly, are you referring to? The intensity of Hurricane Katrina? Please, what's this calamity that you speak of?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BS44325 said:

I'm not sure about that. There was certainly instability and yes... 9-11 occurred, but the US response (under Bush) was misguided at best and was definitively a triggering mechanism for the current madness.

At this point... I'm really not too sure what needs to happen. It's a mess.

BS44325 said:

I'm not sure about that. There was certainly instability and yes... 9-11 occurred, but the US response (under Bush) was misguided at best and was definitively a triggering mechanism for the current madness.

The US response (under Bush) ripped the band-aid off the madness that was already there and growing.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

The US response (under Bush) ripped the band-aid off the madness that was already there and growing.
    And made everything infinitely worse, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

And made everything infinitely worse, lol.
    Correct. Sometimes the treatment can be worse then the disease yet is the only road to a cure.
    Why do some of you think it's the west job to fix the Middle East? Leave the Middle East alone, let's get the hell out completely including importing 1 single drop of their oil. We do not need the Middle East and they are/never been worth the headache...

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    lukin2006 said:

Why do some of you think it's the west job to fix the Middle East? Leave the Middle East alone, let's get the hell out completely including importing 1 single drop of their oil. We do not need the Middle East and they are/never been worth the headache...

Isreal. For whatever reason, the United States feels that Isreal needs us to ensure their existence.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • lukin2006 said:

Are you sure North America isn't dependent on the Middle East for oil?

lukin2006 said:

Isreal. For whatever reason, the United States feels that Isreal needs us to ensure their existence.
    Yes, you have a point ... but it's the west meddling.

lukin2006 said:

Right now we are probably dependant due to our own stubbornness. Why is it ok to transport oil over the oceans, but where not ok with building the energy east pipeline...that from what I read could make energy independent from oil at least. And what I read could be wrong. But I find it hard to believe the west couldn't supply Canada with all the oil and natural gas we need.

I'm also not interested in an environmental debate over pipelines vs tanker or train or even bicycles ... I get it oil is bad ... but being the Middle East bitch worse. Pick your poison, I'll gladly take oil from the west and smile about it.

• lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Right now we are probably dependant due to our own stubbornness. Why is it ok to transport oil over the oceans, but where not ok with building the energy east pipeline...that from what I read could make energy independent from oil at least. And what I read could be wrong. But I find it hard to believe the west couldn't supply Canada with all the oil and natural gas we need.

I'm also not interested in an environmental debate over pipelines vs tanker or train or even bicycles ... I get it oil is bad ... but being the Middle East bitch worse. Pick your poison, I'll gladly take oil from the west and smile about it.
    Canada could probably be self sufficient with regards to oil and natural gas production and consumption... but we're not the key player at the moment: the US is. I'd have a hard time thinking Canada could sustain both itself and the US for any meaningful period of time.

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Canada could probably be self sufficient with regards to oil and natural gas production and consumption... but we're not the key player at the moment: the US is. I'd have a hard time thinking Canada could sustain both itself and the US for any meaningful period of time.
    Worth giving it shot. Then we need to figure a way to use less oil and make ours last longer. But currently what being done or been done in the past is not working, so let's mind our own business and stay out is my preferred solution. I just don't think we can solve every countries problems, not even close. Maybe we could put together a manual on how to have somewhat of a successful country. Who knows really...the worlds a pretty fucked up placed being run by some pretty fucked up self serving jackasses.