Another Attack in France (Nice)

Comments

• fake apology? check
    passive agressive insult? check
    building one's self up? check.

have a nice day.

this is exactly it. the more we try to destroy "them", the more of "them" we will create. it's mind boggling that people haven't fucking learned this yet.

Stopped listening when you want people to agree with that.
    Comes across as passive aggressive.
    Using your daughter to supplement at times and then back out. Check.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    Eh can I just point out that as far as I know, there is as yet no evidence that the perpetrator in Nice was in any way radicalised or involved in any Islamic extremist organisation? I know this may not fit into the argument you all want to have but I'd like to wait for facts
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 440
    BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

he is the commander and chief right.....sad as it is and every time he talks about muslims he say's nothing or very little about their involvement in terrorist attacks, he's just another excuse maker. look at our country since he's been elected....a friggin mess ! I can't wait until he leaves office.

Godfather.

We're in a hell of a lot better shape than we were the day he took office.

Turn on the tv. Nobody in their right mind believes this.
    And by turn on the TV, you mean turn on Fox News. If you think this country is in worse shape today than 2008, you are incredibly naive.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

he is the commander and chief right.....sad as it is and every time he talks about muslims he say's nothing or very little about their involvement in terrorist attacks, he's just another excuse maker. look at our country since he's been elected....a friggin mess ! I can't wait until he leaves office.

Godfather.

And by turn on the TV, you mean turn on Fox News. If you think this country is in worse shape today than 2008, you are incredibly naive.
    Things were not great in 2008 but right now your country and this world is teetering on the edge of disaster.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

I do. Tv doesn't need to tell me anything. Give me statistics as to how we are not
    BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

Things were not great in 2008 but right now your country and this world is teetering on the edge of disaster.
    The world is as safe as it has ever been
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

seanwon said:

Godfather.

Ditto don't get on GF he was in a self induced coma thru the Bush yrs he woke up when Obama was elected his anti Muslim alarm went off in his head , unreal the crap he spews on here !
    He wasn't in a coma. He just saw the complexion and party change so he started getting butt hurt.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074

This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

I understand you don't agree with me but this could have been avoided for the most part by not letting them in ours and other countries and unless Obama gets off his muslim loving ass it will only get worse or if/ when Trump is elected things will change. perfect reason not to vote for Hillary.

Godfather.

is it obama's fault the sky is blue now too? jesus.

this could all have been avoided if the US didn't go to iraq. American and British foreign policy created a whole generation of people a reason to hate all democratic "western" nations.

Godfather.

In what way is this country a mess since he's been elected? Let's use actual measures...

Let's start with unemployment? That has surely gone through the roof? Oh, yeah, right...

How about the GDP? Oh yeah, right....

How about the number of soldiers killed in wars? Oh yeah, right...

How about the number of civilians killed by terrorist attacks? Oh yeah, right...

How about the number of people with health insurance? Oh yeah, right...

Do you propose we look at anything else? Or is this just more of your idiocy?

don't forget america's image. it has drastically improved the world over.

we were not necessarily the most liked of countries when cowboy w and dick were running the show.

you stop threatening people, people start to want to try to like you again.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

I understand you don't agree with me but this could have been avoided for the most part by not letting them in ours and other countries and unless Obama gets off his muslim loving ass it will only get worse or if/ when Trump is elected things will change. perfect reason not to vote for Hillary.

Godfather.

this could all have been avoided if the US didn't go to iraq. American and British foreign policy created a whole generation of people a reason to hate all democratic "western" nations.

Godfather.

In what way is this country a mess since he's been elected? Let's use actual measures...

Let's start with unemployment? That has surely gone through the roof? Oh, yeah, right...

How about the number of civilians killed by terrorist attacks? Oh yeah, right...

we were not necessarily the most liked of countries when cowboy w and dick were running the show.

And believe it or not, violent crime is down...

So, still waiting to hear any details about how awful things are...

Godfather.

Godfather.

you won't, because it can't be reduced down into some jingo or slogan. it requires critical thought that can't be reduced to a single paragraph or soundbite.

I guess we gave up on thread integrity a long time ago :disappointed:
  • I guess we gave up on thread integrity a long time ago :disappointed:

What did you want for integrity of this thread?
    Root causes?
    Perhaps a conversation why this happened?
    What?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834

Godfather.

Godfather.

Then why all the bitching about guns?

Who is benefiting from all this GDP? Seems like the gap between the rich and poor continues to grow.

The world is getting more destabilized by the day. Britain voted to get out of the EU. Some of the most liberal countries in Europe are closing their boarders.

Liberals complain about everything but at the same time praise Obama about all his accomplishments. They are hollow accomplishments.

Root causes?
    What?
    Well I don't know why it's turned into a discussion on Obama! FFS right now the information indicates that the perpetrator in Nice was mentally ill and on medication. Just because he was a Muslim everyone has decided this attack should become part of the big conversation on what to do about radical Islam. How about you have that discussion on a thread where it is more clearly relevant? This thread was created to discuss events in Nice, no?

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

Maybe I just have the wrong channel on. I'm watching a military coup in Turkey, the day after a terrorist attack in Nice which was just a day after the funerals of a handful of Dallas police officers. World is in great shape though because violent crime is down in your neigbourhood. Venezuela, ISIS, Chicago, South China Sea, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Race riots, Brexit, the collapse of the EU, Zika, Libya, etc. It's all just background noise, foxnews, nonsense ginned up by Trump. Nothing to see here everybody. Move along. Go chase Pokemon.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    How could a man drive a truck into a group of children is beyond me.
    RIP to the victims.
    Oh how I miss those days pre 9/11.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Root causes?
    What?
    Well I don't know why it's turned into a discussion on Obama! FFS right now the information indicates that the perpetrator in Nice was mentally ill and on medication. Just because he was a Muslim everyone has decided this attack should become part of the big conversation on what to do about radical Islam. How about you have that discussion on a thread where it is more clearly relevant? This thread was created to discuss events in Nice, no?
    The "events" in Nice as you call them have everything to do with radical islam. Not Obama.
    http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/latest-from-nice-pm-calls-driver-terrorist-linked-to-radical-islam-1.2988025
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

Maybe I just have the wrong channel on. I'm watching a military coup in Turkey, the day after a terrorist attack in Nice which was just a day after the funerals of a handful of Dallas police officers. World is in great shape though because violent crime is down in your neigbourhood. Venezuela, ISIS, Chicago, South China Sea, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Race riots, Brexit, the collapse of the EU, Zika, Libya, etc. It's all just background noise, foxnews, nonsense ginned up by Trump. Nothing to see here everybody. Move along. Go chase Pokemon.
    The world is and always has been a dangerous place.

Before ISIS there was al Qaeda. Remember them? They knocked down towers.

Before Venezuela there was Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, etc.

Yea Russia. The same Russia that had missiles pointed at the US for decades?

Race riots? Similar to the L.A riots? I seem to remember them being pretty bad

North Korea? Hmmm, I seem to remember a Korean War..

England leaving the EU? Remember when there was east and west Germany? Remember when Hitler killed 6 million people? 6 fucking million. Or should we talk about Ireland and decades of civil strife and bombings?

Fact is, the world is safer than it has ever been. Just because the tv tells you things are dangerous and out of control, it doesn't mean it actually is.

Zika? You fucking kidding? How about AIDS? Still bad in Africa, but not nearly as bad as it once was...

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

Root causes?
    What?
    The "events" in Nice as you call them have everything to do with radical islam. Not Obama.
    http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/latest-from-nice-pm-calls-driver-terrorist-linked-to-radical-islam-1.2988025
    Unless the PM has info he's not sharing with us, then to me it seemed like a premature and ill-advised link to make. If it turns out to be true, then fine but I want actual facts and evidence
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

England leaving the EU? Remember when there was east and west Germany? Remember when Hitler killed 6 million people? 6 fucking million. Or should we talk about Ireland and decades of civil strife and bombings?

Fact is, the world is safer than it has ever been. Just because the tv tells you things are dangerous and out of control, it doesn't mean it actually is.

Zika? You fucking kidding? How about AIDS? Still bad in Africa, but not nearly as bad as it once was...

Then quit bitching about everything.

Root causes?
    What?
    Unless the PM has info he's not sharing with us, then to me it seemed like a premature and ill-advised link to make. If it turns out to be true, then fine but I want actual facts and evidence
    You will never get this and will always be asking that question unless you make up your mind.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

Then quit bitching about everything.
    Tha fuck you talking about?

Root causes?
    What?
    You will never get this and will always be asking that question unless you make up your mind.
    Make up my mind about what? What are you on about? Like any rational person, I don't jump to quick judgements until I have all the facts

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

Those comparisons are all true except you are missing one massive difference. Faith in our institutions. It is that faith which held the world together during previous perilous times. That faith does not exist anymore and without it the house of cards collapses.

Root causes?
    What?
    Make up my mind about what? What are you on about? Like any rational person, I don't jump to quick judgements until I have all the facts
    Well here are two facts.
    The "events" in Nice are linked to radical Islam.
    and
    you don't see this

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    Well I'm impressed that you are somehow better informed than the world's media, good for you

This is a conversational black hole, you may as well just talk to yourself, it's not like anyone else's opinions matter to you anyway
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,296

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

Be afraid, be very afraid. Fox News still have the terror alert color code thingy scrolling across the bottom of their "news?" Remember that? What color is it today?

How about Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos? War in the Middle East in '67, '73, Lebanon blowing up everyday, a coup d'etat a week in Africa, half of Europe under communist rule, China a closed society but yea, things are way worse today. So says the professor in Canada.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Godfather.

Godfather.

Who is benefiting from all this GDP? Seems like the gap between the rich and poor continues to grow.

The world is getting more destabilized by the day. Britain voted to get out of the EU. Some of the most liberal countries in Europe are closing their boarders.

Liberals complain about everything but at the same time praise Obama about all his accomplishments. They are hollow accomplishments.

name 3 hollow accomplishments that we praise him for.

Godfather.

Godfather.

you conveniently left out that 5 million brits asked for a do-over vote and that they regret voting to leave. but if it doesn't fit the narrative i can see why.

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    Well I'm impressed that you are somehow better informed than the world's media, good for you

This is a conversational black hole, you may as well just talk to yourself, it's not like anyone else's opinions matter to you anyway
    you should not feed trolls if you want to have an actual discussion consisting of facts.