Another Attack in France (Nice)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited July 2016

This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

I understand you don't agree with me but this could have been avoided for the most part by not letting them in ours and other countries and unless Obama gets off his muslim loving ass it will only get worse or if/ when Trump is elected things will change. perfect reason not to vote for Hillary.

Godfather.

Nevermind...so much to say but a waste of breath on this mouth breather. It truly is a disgrace that someone could put this type of nonsense in writing, in public. Everyone associated with you should be embarrassed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-Ijky95dc
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    edited July 2016
    pjhawks said:

This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

I understand you don't agree with me but this could have been avoided for the most part by not letting them in ours and other countries and unless Obama gets off his muslim loving ass it will only get worse or if/ when Trump is elected things will change. perfect reason not to vote for Hillary.

Godfather.

is it obama's fault the sky is blue now too? jesus.

this could all have been avoided if the US didn't go to iraq. American and British foreign policy created a whole generation of people a reason to hate all democratic "western" nations.
    a nut job kills 84 people in France an it's America's fault? man the hatred of America here sometimes is pretty galling. i mean really?
    I don't hate america. it's impossible to hate a country. I don't like your government.

also, I didn't directly say it's america's fault that this specific incident happened. I was responding to GF's assertion that all of this is the fault of obama.
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• blueandwhiteblueandwhite Posts: 662
    It seems that the world always tries to solve problems by throwing gasoline on a fire. I look at the talking points of many of the people on the train and elsewhere and think to myself that this is exactly the type of response those who are supporting radical Islam are looking for. Every time there is an attack fear and hatred run wild. Bigots come to the forefront and sweeping generalizations are made about not only radicalized muslims but all muslims. I can only wonder how our response to these events impact muslim youth who are not yet radicalized but are repeatedly told how terrible they are; how terrible their beliefs are and how they are no different than the psychopaths who commit these atrocities. I wonder how talk of closing borders or deporting all muslims resonates with these youth. If they weren't radical before, are we pushing some of these kids in that direction in the future?

• This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

Godfather.

Nevermind...so much to say but a waste of breath on this mouth breather. It truly is a disgrace that someone could put this type of nonsense in writing, in public. Everyone associated with you should be embarrassed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-Ijky95dc
    "He's. He's. He's an Arab. Oh. Oh, he's not? Okay."

Idiot. F**k there's so many idiots out there. That clip needed to be added to the idiot thread. In going to go look for an idiot in today or tomorrow's news and add them to it for a nice refreshing break from police violence and religious shitheads killing a bunch of people.

Aaahhh. Just sit back and reflect on idiots. Just like going to the zoo.

Child: "Mom. Mom. Look at that moron!"
    Mother: "Honey. Stay close. The moron is drooling and you don't want to get wet now."
    Moron: "Duh. Duhyuy. Duh. Me good person. Me smart."

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy fails because it empowers the idiot.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

It seems that the world always tries to solve problems by throwing gasoline on a fire. I look at the talking points of many of the people on the train and elsewhere and think to myself that this is exactly the type of response those who are supporting radical Islam are looking for. Every time there is an attack fear and hatred run wild. Bigots come to the forefront and sweeping generalizations are made about not only radicalized muslims but all muslims. I can only wonder how our response to these events impact muslim youth who are not yet radicalized but are repeatedly told how terrible they are; how terrible their beliefs are and how they are no different than the psychopaths who commit these atrocities. I wonder how talk of closing borders or deporting all muslims resonates with these youth. If they weren't radical before, are we pushing some of these kids in that direction in the future?

this is exactly it. the more we try to destroy "them", the more of "them" we will create. it's mind boggling that people haven't fucking learned this yet.

www.headstonesband.com

• Do you think if we ease off things will just go away?

What's the answer? Basically, we have a bunch of semi-organized lunatics wreaking havoc. Will they just run their course? Do we just accept that they are going to commit mass murder periodically and simply jail them afterwards with nothing else to do?

I have no solution here. I don't think diplomacy is going to be the answer. I think that we better hang on to our hats as well- this is going to be a long term problem.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Do you think if we ease off things will just go away?

What's the answer? Basically, we have a bunch of semi-organized lunatics wreaking havoc. Will they just run their course? Do we just accept that they are going to commit mass murder periodically and simply jail them afterwards with nothing else to do?

I have no solution here. I don't think diplomacy is going to be the answer. I think that we better hang on to our hats as well- this is going to be a long term problem.

prevention. that is all we can try to do. better intel. if that's possible, I don't know. but I don't think you can declare war on another country and expect a different, more positive, result. unless that country is explicitly harbouring and/or financing them.

www.headstonesband.com

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Godfather.

I know you don't understand this but muslims have been in this country since before it was a country. And in Europe for centuries as well.

What do you propose we do? Get in the "wayback machine" or the Delorean and go back and change history?

Radical Islam has nothing to do with current, future, or past presidents. There is little or nothing they or anyone else can do about these terrorists. Place blame all you want but it won't change anything. This is our new reality.

Now Im going to go meet my muslim friend for breakfast and a couple hours of rock climbing.

Namaste'
    good for you....life is a lesson, you know what ? right now we need to stop completely the coming of muslims into this and other countries unless you can look at each one and tell us which are good and bad muslims, then start weeding out any muslim with even the slightest possibility of terrorist or any anti American motive or we can just wait for the next attack and say to each other "but not all muslims are bad"......fuck that !

Godfather.

Godfather.

I know you don't understand this but muslims have been in this country since before it was a country. And in Europe for centuries as well.

What do you propose we do? Get in the "wayback machine" or the Delorean and go back and change history?

Radical Islam has nothing to do with current, future, or past presidents. There is little or nothing they or anyone else can do about these terrorists. Place blame all you want but it won't change anything. This is our new reality.

Now Im going to go meet my muslim friend for breakfast and a couple hours of rock climbing.

Namaste'
    good for you....life is a lesson, you know what ? right now we need to stop completely the coming of muslims into this and other countries unless you can look at each one and tell us which are good and bad muslims, then start weeding out any muslim with even the slightest possibility of terrorist or any anti American motive or we can just wait for the next attack and say to each other "but not all muslims are bad"......fuck that !

Godfather.

I wonder if "muslim" shows up on an airport security xray scanner.

www.headstonesband.com

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Godfather.

this could all have been avoided if the US didn't go to iraq. American and British foreign policy created a whole generation of people a reason to hate all democratic "western" nations.
    he is the commander and chief right.....sad as it is and every time he talks about muslims he say's nothing or very little about their involvement in terrorist attacks, he's just another excuse maker. look at our country since he's been elected....a friggin mess ! I can't wait until he leaves office.

Godfather.

Godfather.

he is the commander and chief right.....sad as it is and every time he talks about muslims he say's nothing or very little about their involvement in terrorist attacks, he's just another excuse maker. look at our country since he's been elected....a friggin mess ! I can't wait until he leaves office.

Godfather.

yeah, all this shit started in the last 8 years alone. come on, wake up.

www.headstonesband.com

Godfather.

Godfather.

In what way is this country a mess since he's been elected? Let's use actual measures...

Let's start with unemployment? That has surely gone through the roof? Oh, yeah, right...

How about the GDP? Oh yeah, right....

How about the number of soldiers killed in wars? Oh yeah, right...

How about the number of civilians killed by terrorist attacks? Oh yeah, right...

How about the number of people with health insurance? Oh yeah, right...

Do you propose we look at anything else? Or is this just more of your idiocy?

I don't think anyone is proposing using diplomacy with these nut jobs. Iran? Sure, but not the lunatics.

Keep boots off the ground and keep dropping bombs.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    There's nothing to figure out ... the perpetrators of these acts are nothing more than thugs and criminals. And I'll say it again, the west absolutely needs to get out of the middle east and stay out.
    Saying that, these crimes will still exist, peoples who are committing these acts will just find another excuse. I myself have no interest into getting to the root of there anger and hate at apparently the west ... and the the only way you'll rid isis is by boots on the ground in the middle east ... as for us here in Canada hopefully we don't get dragged in more.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the idea of updating a countries immigration policy to try to effectively minimize the chance of ending up with radicalized people's ... but there is no way for certain to prevent this, just impossible.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon

Godfather.

Godfather.

In what way is this country a mess since he's been elected? Let's use actual measures...

Let's start with unemployment? That has surely gone through the roof? Oh, yeah, right...

How about the number of civilians killed by terrorist attacks? Oh yeah, right...

:clap:

www.headstonesband.com

• seanwonseanwon Posts: 440

Godfather.

We're in a hell of a lot better shape than we were the day he took office.

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    seanwon said:

Godfather.

Absofreakinlutely
    edited July 2016

Godfather.

Godfather.

:clap:
    BUT BUT...HE DOESN'T HATE ALL MUSLIMS!!!
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • blueandwhiteblueandwhite Posts: 662

'Easing off' things isn't a solution but escalation is also a real concern. When you share a planet with 8+ billion people, there are going to be a fringe group of fundamentalists no matter what you do. The real concern is whether your response aggravates or mitigates the situation. A heavy-handed response fuelled by racism seems to be what these terrorists are looking for.

I don't think there is a simple answer here but I also don't think it's something that can be solved using brute force. In fact, I feel that a violent response is exactly what most terrorist groups are aiming for as it helps grow their numbers and strengthen their cause by bringing new members into the fold. One can only wonder how many terrorists owe their existence to Western interference in the Middle East? I don't think that doing nothing will make terrorism go away either but spending trillions of dollars dropping bombs and sending in troops doesn't seem to do much either.

'Easing off' things isn't a solution but escalation is also a real concern. When you share a planet with 8+ billion people, there are going to be a fringe group of fundamentalists no matter what you do. The real concern is whether your response aggravates or mitigates the situation. A heavy-handed response fuelled by racism seems to be what these terrorists are looking for.

I don't think there is a simple answer here but I also don't think it's something that can be solved using brute force. In fact, I feel that a violent response is exactly what most terrorist groups are aiming for as it helps grow their numbers and strengthen their cause by bringing new members into the fold. One can only wonder how many terrorists owe their existence to Western interference in the Middle East? I don't think that doing nothing will make terrorism go away either but spending trillions of dollars dropping bombs and sending in troops doesn't seem to do much either.
    and this is exactly what Hillary stated. waging a war in syria is exactly what they want, to bring their "end times" closer to reality.

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Just as I suspected it would be, this thread is an unbearable steaming pile of shit. I'm out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    lukin2006 said:

There's nothing to figure out ... the perpetrators of these acts are nothing more than thugs and criminals. And I'll say it again, the west absolutely needs to get out of the middle east and stay out.
    Saying that, these crimes will still exist, peoples who are committing these acts will just find another excuse. I myself have no interest into getting to the root of there anger and hate at apparently the west ... and the the only way you'll rid isis is by boots on the ground in the middle east ... as for us here in Canada hopefully we don't get dragged in more.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the idea of updating a countries immigration policy to try to effectively minimize the chance of ending up with radicalized people's ... but there is no way for certain to prevent this, just impossible.

I understand the idea of the West getting out of the Middle East. I get it and think that way a lot of the time too.

But I also think about whether the Middle East can turn itself around at this point? The USA tried to leave Iraq and as soon as they did ISIS took over. Syria is a mess and governed by a dictator who mass kills his own people. Libya is a mess. You do have some more stable countries in the region like Iran and Saudi Arabia that could possibly help maintain the peace at some point (not saying these countries have the care of the common citizen as their priority but their governments seem to keep things in order).
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

Godfather.

No it is not Obama's fault that the sky is blue but it also has NOTHING to do with Iraq. Again you need to recognize that this version of radical Islam has been ascendent since the 1940's. It had been growing larger everyday since and was coming whether Iraq happened or not. Not enough people understand this history and until we do we will not be able to confront it.
    of course it's been brewing. but iraq created the vaccum necessary for it to flourish.
    No. You are still not getting it. It was flourishing prior to Iraq. There was a vacuum in Afganistan throughout the 90's along with the growing adherence to Radical Islam throughout the Islamic world as well. Pakistan, Saudia Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Egypt, Chechneya, Palestinian Territories, Iraq etc., all showed this growth in radicalism. These states and others accommodated the most radical elements with the hope that they wouldn't turn inward and destroy the authoritarian governments in power. These governments eventually lost "control" of these movements. Control is in quotes because this "control" was only ever illusory. The war in Iraq shattered this illusion of control and put the west face to face with the radical element that was already present and growing. The second "vacuum" came following American withdrawal from Iraq and the failure to get involved in Syria while a third "vacuum" came in Libya following the toppling of Gadafi. Again you need to understand that radical Islam pre-dates western civilization as it is currently defined. It comes and it goes through the course of history and it's adherents do not require the behaviour of the west for motivation. All they require is the literal interpretation of the Koran as they see it. This is the ideology. A literal interpretation is not dependant on events. It is one that is strictly consistent for all eternity. It exists in the past, in the present, and in the future. To defeat it we must recognize it.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Godfather.

No it is not Obama's fault that the sky is blue but it also has NOTHING to do with Iraq. Again you need to recognize that this version of radical Islam has been ascendent since the 1940's. It had been growing larger everyday since and was coming whether Iraq happened or not. Not enough people understand this history and until we do we will not be able to confront it.
    of course it's been brewing. but iraq created the vaccum necessary for it to flourish.
    No. You are still not getting it. It was flourishing prior to Iraq. There was a vacuum in Afganistan throughout the 90's along with the growing adherence to Radical Islam throughout the Islamic world as well. Pakistan, Saudia Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Egypt, Chechneya, Palestinian Territories, Iraq etc., all showed this growth in radicalism. These states and others accommodated the most radical elements with the hope that they wouldn't turn inward and destroy the authoritarian governments in power. These governments eventually lost "control" of these movements. Control is in quotes because this "control" was only ever illusory. The war in Iraq shattered this illusion of control and put the west face to face with the radical element that was already present and growing. The second "vacuum" came following American withdrawal from Iraq and the failure to get involved in Syria while a third "vacuum" came in Libya following the toppling of Gadafi. Again you need to understand that radical Islam pre-dates western civilization as it is currently defined. It comes and it goes through the course of history and it's adherents do not require the behaviour of the west for motivation. All they require is the literal interpretation of the Koran as they see it. This is the ideology. A literal interpretation is not dependant on events. It is one that is strictly consistent for all eternity. It exists in the past, in the present, and in the future. To defeat it we must recognize it.
    I stop reading whenever someone says "you're not getting it". my 10 year old daughter says that to me.

www.headstonesband.com

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Godfather.

I stop reading whenever someone says "you're not getting it". my 10 year old daughter says that to me.
    Well that's a shame. When my 10 year old daughter says it to me I always listen. Once we stop listening we lose the capacity to learn.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Godfather.

Well that's a shame. When my 10 year old daughter says it to me I always listen. Once we stop listening we lose the capacity to learn.
    once we start being rude we lose the capacity to be heard.

www.headstonesband.com

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Godfather.

once we start being rude we lose the capacity to be heard.
    Well my apologies then. I understand that today's special snowflakes have trouble with that kind of give and take but in my world being told "you are still not getting it" is not considered rude. As I am always looking to learn and better myself my usual unemotional response would be "Ok. Please explain to me what I am not getting."
    fake apology? check
    passive agressive insult? check
    building one's self up? check.

have a nice day.

www.headstonesband.com

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    seanwon said:

Godfather.

Ditto don't get on GF he was in a self induced coma thru the Bush yrs he woke up when Obama was elected his anti Muslim alarm went off in his head , unreal the crap he spews on here !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    seanwon said:

Godfather.

Turn on the tv. Nobody in their right mind believes this.