Another Attack in France (Nice)

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,614
    Shawshank said:

BS44325 said:

There is no diplomacy to be had with radical Islam. They are not interested in your peace and love. They want your submission. You need to understand this.

Quite possibly the most accurate post on these boards. Eventually people will start to realize, you aren't going to change radical "hearts and minds"...you destroy them before they destroy you, and nothing less than that will work....ever. You will basically have 3 choices...die, submit, or destroy. Again, we are talking about the radical element here, and it's an element other Muslims need to stop being afraid to condemn. It's not about playing into fears, or being a warmonger, it's just common sense based on a need to protect ourselves from these monsters that everyone seems to be afraid to offend.

Change hardened radicals, radical "hearts and minds", so steeped in beliefs as to be suicide bombs or death machines or what not-- maybe not. But look beyond that. I'm talking about something much broader- like start with accepting our differences, stop profiling, share cultural elements, view more varied and broader perspectives, give and take, etc., etc. and work for a greater mutual acceptance that will weaken the desire for fringe radicals to form or flair up, not to mention act act so horribly. Is that not worth some effort rather than off just shouting, "Fuck 'em! Kill them first!"?

And let's look back at why this is all happening and factor in all sides and their/our corresponding contributions to the situation. Why have some of these people (not most, just a small group of them) become so angry? What factors in total led to this mess?

Rarely is war, strife, fighting etc., a one sided issue. We want to squish it all down and simplify it and make some sweeping statement... ending with, I might add, something containing a "you should" or "you would be well to" or "you need to understand" phrase. Right? No, not that simple.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Known to police again wake the f#ck up
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    I have 2 words for this piece of shits of terrorist.
    Fuck off....just fuck off
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    brianlux said:

Shawshank said:

BS44325 said:

There is no diplomacy to be had with radical Islam. They are not interested in your peace and love. They want your submission. You need to understand this.

Quite possibly the most accurate post on these boards. Eventually people will start to realize, you aren't going to change radical "hearts and minds"...you destroy them before they destroy you, and nothing less than that will work....ever. You will basically have 3 choices...die, submit, or destroy. Again, we are talking about the radical element here, and it's an element other Muslims need to stop being afraid to condemn. It's not about playing into fears, or being a warmonger, it's just common sense based on a need to protect ourselves from these monsters that everyone seems to be afraid to offend.

Change hardened radicals, radical "hearts and minds", so steeped in beliefs as to be suicide bombs or death machines or what not-- maybe not. But look beyond that. I'm talking about something much broader- like start with accepting our differences, stop profiling, share cultural elements, view more varied and broader perspectives, give and take, etc., etc. and work for a greater mutual acceptance that will weaken the desire for fringe radicals to form or flair up, not to mention act act so horribly. Is that not worth some effort rather than off just shouting, "Fuck 'em! Kill them first!"?

And let's look back at why this is all happening and factor in all sides and their/our corresponding contributions to the situation. Why have some of these people (not most, just a small group of them) become so angry? What factors in total led to this mess?

Rarely is war, strife, fighting etc., a one sided issue. We want to squish it all down and simplify it and make some sweeping statement... ending with, I might add, something containing a "you should" or "you would be well to" or "you need to understand" phrase. Right? No, not that simple.
    Yes.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    During the attack from the truck a couple.lost their 8 months kid..after post on facebook and 22.000 users repost it..someone found the baby and deliver it to the parents..good people
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    I feel so sad and angry. Only an evil monster can do a thing like this.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I was worried that they would figure this strategy out. Just need to find a farmers market and drive a box truck through it now.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    BS44325 said:

This is gruesome and horrifying. There are no rules anymore. Suddenly innocent people and children [celebrating liberty] are the front line.

It's like we're watching the world catching fire what does the French government do now they are taking a beating ..
    It calls the evil by it's name and stops making accomodations for radical Islam in all it's forms.
    BINGO ! but no need to bring that up here because the train say's it only a small percentage of Islamist that do these attacks, these countries keep letting these evil fucks in and nothing but death and destruction accompany them, these dumb-asses like Clinton and Obama want more of these people in our country and other countries with no friggin regards for the safety and lives of the people that are stuck with these idiots.

Godfather.

brianlux said:

It's a book and religion. These are not mental patients even though someone mowing people down with a truck while shouting "god is great" seems like something a super crazy person would do. Religion is the motivating factor.

How many people died in Baghdad the past week? 300?

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

You don't have to have that fear. Just support the war on ISIS fully.
    These extremists need to be eliminated.
    It is a mind war and they are winning if you have fear.

This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

I understand you don't agree with me but this could have been avoided for the most part by not letting them in ours and other countries and unless Obama gets off his muslim loving ass it will only get worse or if/ when Trump is elected things will change. perfect reason not to vote for Hillary.

Godfather.

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    For everyone who bitches about the proposal to ban Muslim migration here, this shit is pretty much the key reason, and has nothing to do with prejudice against a religion without merit.

Our system is not capable of vetting people's intentions at all. We just don't have a handle on that. So you have a small fraction of a group that fucks it up for the rest of them. Sorry, but thats the way the world is.

Why, when we have no idea how many radicals we already have in this country, why would we not stem the tide a bit until we are able to vet them properly? It's not even like we have to ban all migration here, but there would have to be thorough screening. If we don't have resources or capabilities then it should cease immediately. It's really that simple, and I don't understand why people are too stupid to understand that.

This isn't based on some unfounded fear. This isnt based in a fear that the entire world is out to get us. This is solely based on the absolute FACT, that there are literally thousands of extremists who intend to use the migration crisis as a way to infiltrate and wreak havoc on other countries. To further radicalized their citizens. To kill and destroy. That is their mission, and they are willing to die and take as many people as they can with them to see it through.
    Shawshank said:

For everyone who bitches about the proposal to ban Muslim migration here, this shit is pretty much the key reason, and has nothing to do with prejudice against a religion without merit.

Our system is not capable of vetting people's intentions at all. We just don't have a handle on that. So you have a small fraction of a group that fucks it up for the rest of them. Sorry, but thats the way the world is.

Why, when we have no idea how many radicals we already have in this country, why would we not stem the tide a bit until we are able to vet them properly? It's not even like we have to ban all migration here, but there would have to be thorough screening. If we don't have resources or capabilities then it should cease immediately. It's really that simple, and I don't understand why people are too stupid to understand that.

This isn't based on some unfounded fear. This isnt based in a fear that the entire world is out to get us. This is solely based on the absolute FACT, that there are literally thousands of extremists who intend to use the migration crisis as a way to infiltrate and wreak havoc on other countries. To further radicalized their citizens. To kill and destroy. That is their mission, and they are willing to die and take as many people as they can with them to see it through.

agreed, and well put.

Godfather.

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Shawshank said:

Sad to say, but there is some truth to this
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663

I understand you don't agree with me but this could have been avoided for the most part by not letting them in ours and other countries and unless Obama gets off his muslim loving ass it will only get worse or if/ when Trump is elected things will change. perfect reason not to vote for Hillary.

Godfather.

I know you don't understand this but muslims have been in this country since before it was a country. And in Europe for centuries as well.

What do you propose we do? Get in the "wayback machine" or the Delorean and go back and change history?

Radical Islam has nothing to do with current, future, or past presidents. There is little or nothing they or anyone else can do about these terrorists. Place blame all you want but it won't change anything. This is our new reality.

Now Im going to go meet my muslim friend for breakfast and a couple hours of rock climbing.

Namaste'
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2016
    The obvious solution here is to ban trucks. They are weapons capable of taking out almost 100 people in a matter of seconds (sarcasm of course). These assholes will find a means to accomplish their goals.
    Fact: There are Quran thumping fucktards out there in war torn countries that have been preached martyrdom and are hell bent on killing as many people (infidels) as possible. Countries with loose boarders are going to experiencing consequences of not being vigilant in trying to weed these shitfaces out. I'm just glad the damn thing didn't explode and kill a hundred more!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Jason P said:

brianlux said:

It's a book and religion. These are not mental patients even though someone mowing people down with a truck while shouting "god is great" seems like something a super crazy person would do. Religion is the motivating factor.

How many people died in Baghdad the past week? 300?

It has few to do with religion, it mainly has to do with power. In the case of Isis religion is a marketing concept used to enlist young people. Most of those who actually act were ordinary delinquants a couple of years ago, not long time fanatics. Terrorism is just low-cost war, a war based on communication and terror. You watch, you fear, you buy. I don't want to fear, I don't want to watch I don't want to buy.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Shawshank said:

BS44325 said:

So, when do we sever relations with, and call, Saudi Arabia an axis of evil?
    We don't. That would be self-defeating and will harm the long term strategy.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522

Godfather.

is it obama's fault the sky is blue now too? jesus.

this could all have been avoided if the US didn't go to iraq. American and British foreign policy created a whole generation of people a reason to hate all democratic "western" nations.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Godfather.

this could all have been avoided if the US didn't go to iraq. American and British foreign policy created a whole generation of people a reason to hate all democratic "western" nations.
    No it is not Obama's fault that the sky is blue but it also has NOTHING to do with Iraq. Again you need to recognize that this version of radical Islam has been ascendent since the 1940's. It had been growing larger everyday since and was coming whether Iraq happened or not. Not enough people understand this history and until we do we will not be able to confront it.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited July 2016

Godfather.

I know you don't understand this but muslims have been in this country since before it was a country. And in Europe for centuries as well.

What do you propose we do? Get in the "wayback machine" or the Delorean and go back and change history?

Radical Islam has nothing to do with current, future, or past presidents. There is little or nothing they or anyone else can do about these terrorists. Place blame all you want but it won't change anything. This is our new reality.

Now Im going to go meet my muslim friend for breakfast and a couple hours of rock climbing.

Namaste'
    I think the problem comes in with the recent immigrants who can't find jobs or their next generation can't find jobs. THey don't assimilate into French culture either because they don't want to or because they don't have the opportunity to (no jobs, no share history). Many then get frustrated and instead of identifying France or Belgium as their nationality, they identify France or Belgium as their enemy and identify with their Muslim brothers and sisters in Syria.

It seems like the ones committing terrorist attacks in Europe are recent migrants or their second generation, and they either don't have jobs or start out as petty criminals. So, my fear of mass migrations is not that the Muslims are bad people (they aren't), it is the fact that they'll probably have a tough time finding jobs and a stable life in Europe. When you have nothing to do to keep you busy the mind starts to think crazy things.

The evidence of this is everywhere now.
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018

I agree with you to an extent. We didn't create the hate...we are infidels...and to extremists we must conform or die regardless of our policies. Don't think for a second we couldn't shower every one of them with money, food, housing, hugs, flowers, or whatever and they wouldn't want to see us dead if we didn't adhere to their beliefs.

With that said, our actions absolutely allowed this shit to flourish. We provided just the right conditions. You are right, this could have all been avoided if we didn't go into Iraq...no doubt about it. This could have also been avoided if we didn't help take out Gaddafi, which was another huge fuck up. The power vacuum that was left, allowed these people (who already hated everything about us even before we launched a single mission over there) to thrive in an uncontrolled environment. So yes, you can definitely blame the world's current problems on the current and last administrations.

Thankfully Assad has hung on for as long as he has, or we'd really be fucked.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663

Godfather.

Namaste'
    I think the problem comes in with the recent immigrants who can't find jobs or their next generation can't find jobs. THey don't assimilate into French culture either because they don't want to or because they don't have the opportunity to (no jobs, no share history). Many then get frustrated and instead of identifying France or Belgium as their nationality, they identify France or Belgium as their enemy and identify with their Muslim brothers and sisters in Syria.

It seems like the ones committing terrorist attacks in Europe are recent migrants or their second generation, and they either don't have jobs or start out as petty criminals. So, my fear of mass migrations is not that the Muslims are bad people (they aren't), it is the fact that they'll probably have a tough time finding jobs and a stable life in Europe. When you have nothing to do to keep you busy the mind starts to think crazy things.

You make important points.
    One of the problems in France is that a lot of the immigrants from North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, etc.) have been in France for multuple generations and yet identify with their country of origin and not as being French.
    The lack of assimilation gets blamed on the French govt. and the residents as well. This lack of assimilation and acceptance is just a part of the puzzle. Unfortunately its probably too late to change it and stop the onslaught of attacks.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2016

Godfather.

Namaste'

You make important points.
    One of the problems in France is that a lot of the immigrants from North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, etc.) have been in France for multuple generations and yet identify with their country of origin and not as being French.
    The lack of assimilation gets blamed on the French govt. and the residents as well. This lack of assimilation and acceptance is just a part of the puzzle. Unfortunately its probably too late to change it and stop the onslaught of attacks.
    So what should countries do differently to encourage assimilation? Mandatory classes, swearing allegiance? What can be done to discourage bringing violent cultural teachings or religious laws encouraging subordination of women and violence towards "non-believers"? This question is directed towards preventative actions countries could take to avoid encouraging these negative consequences of migration and ending up like France?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • I don't think countries can do anything differently.

Radicals were not born radicals. Radicals develop from moderation. How do you identify an aspiring radical?
    "My brain's a good brain!"

I don't think countries can do anything differently.

Radicals were not born radicals. Radicals develop from moderation. How do you identify an aspiring radical?

I think the first step is for every mosque to constantly reinforce that this is really evil to their followers. But considering they are killing more of their fellow Muslims, I don't see the blue eyed devil figuring out a good solution.

I don't think countries can do anything differently.

It is hard to identify the aspiring radical. It is easier however to identify the environment that would cultivate a radical. Therefore while being on the lookout for the radical is important our war effort should be geared towards penetrating and altering the environment.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

Godfather.

a nut job kills 84 people in France an it's America's fault? man the hatred of America here sometimes is pretty galling. i mean really?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    BS44325 said:

Godfather.

No it is not Obama's fault that the sky is blue but it also has NOTHING to do with Iraq. Again you need to recognize that this version of radical Islam has been ascendent since the 1940's. It had been growing larger everyday since and was coming whether Iraq happened or not. Not enough people understand this history and until we do we will not be able to confront it.
    of course it's been brewing. but iraq created the vaccum necessary for it to flourish.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com