Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,345
    mcgruff10 said:

can anyone name a state in the US or even a European country that islam has contributed to in a positive way ?.........me either.

Godfather.

That is absurd , how about all the Doctors & nurses that are Muslims that work right besides me at this Level 1 trauma center here on Long Island these are professional people who went thru yrs of college id say they have contributed in the most positive way possible they would not refuse to take care of you GF ...
    Jose ,
    I think godfather is thinking as a "whole." If you look at the world right now you have to admit that the muslim world is pretty damn violent. I mean look at the middle east, afghantistan, pakistan, boko haram,the attacks in paris, isis, al quada, the taliban, abu sayaaf (phillipines)....
    Now is every single muslim violent, of course not. but as usual the vast minority fucks it up for the majority (just like gun owners here in the u.s.).
    Mike
    Take a deep look at why they resent us
    could it be that they don't like us because of our invasions in their country we distabilised that whole region ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576

the weak and fearful always start bashing Christianity when the evil actions of muslims are brought up, the last great act of defiance. you muslim supporters have no where to hid your none sense, face it you're wrong.

Godfather.

It must suck to live your life in fear.

By the way here is just a short list of christians ....

you
    Dylan Roof
    Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold
    Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer
    Elliott Rodger
    Adam Lanza
    Aaron Alexis
    you have given in to fear, you have been trained to not see and that really sucks for you and I hope you never have to feel the fear like the people who are and have been victims of islam
    tell them they are needlessly afraid.

Godfather.
    Say what?

I don't live in fear
    I don't own nor see the reason to own a gun
    I have no fear of muslims here or anywhere else.
    In fact my climbing partner, a man who holds my life in his hands on a regular basis, is a muslim.
    I was at The Pentagon on 9/11 and I was not then, or now, afraid of islamic terrorists.

What I live in fear of is so-called "real americans" who live a life of fear, hate, and ignorance. And try to spread their rhetoric of fear, hate, and ignorance.

Those killed in Orlando were NOT 'victims of Islam". They were victims of....now follow closely....

FEAR
    HATE
    IGNORANCE

Got it?

Namaste
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897

the weak and fearful always start bashing Christianity when the evil actions of muslims are brought up, the last great act of defiance. you muslim supporters have no where to hid your none sense, face it you're wrong.

Godfather.

more death and destruction and murder has been done in the name of Jesus than any other "god" in history. FACT. look at israel. but you are ok with that, because it decreases the brown population.
    yes look at Israel, what have the muslims done there ? the numbers you are talking about seem to justify your own comments to yourself, I guess I could say that there are 20,000.000 gun owners in the US and only 1 in a million are non responsible gun owners right ?

Godfather.

what have they done there? jesus. defended their own fucking right to exist. but we can leave that to the israel thread.

huh?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Godfather.

It must suck to live your life in fear.

By the way here is just a short list of christians ....

you
    Dylan Roof
    Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold
    Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer
    Elliott Rodger
    Adam Lanza
    Aaron Alexis
    you have given in to fear, you have been trained to not see and that really sucks for you and I hope you never have to feel the fear like the people who are and have been victims of islam
    tell them they are needlessly afraid.

Godfather.
    Say what?

I don't live in fear
    I don't own nor see the reason to own a gun
    I have no fear of muslims here or anywhere else.
    In fact my climbing partner, a man who holds my life in his hands on a regular basis, is a muslim.
    I was at The Pentagon on 9/11 and I was not then, or now, afraid of islamic terrorists.

What I live in fear of is so-called "real americans" who live a life of fear, hate, and ignorance. And try to spread their rhetoric of fear, hate, and ignorance.

Those killed in Orlando were NOT 'victims of Islam". They were victims of....now follow closely....

FEAR
    HATE
    IGNORANCE

Got it?

Namaste
    I just have to really shake my head at someone who says he is afraid of islam and says that those of us who aren't are the ones living in fear.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    What if this was another FBI entrapment plan....gone horribly wrong?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-law-enforcement-knew-florida-gay-club-shooter-before-shooting/5530520

Also reading that the FOIA request to release the 911 call in which the shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS has been denied....combined with the comments re shooter being a nightclub regular and using gay dating sites really calls the Islamic terror motive into question, doesn't it?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited June 2016

rgambs said:

Shawshank said:

I could give two fucks if anyone wants to bash Christians or Christianity. Christians have done more to defile Christianity than anyone could ever do in a thousand lifetimes.

My question is, why does everyone appear to be so protective of islam, and going the extra mile to not offend muslims?

Maybe because we are actually interested in winning the war on terror! Bombs and insults aren't getting it done, it's time we try economic freedom and winning the hearts and minds. I know it's a radical, revolutionary idea, that bombs can't fix everything...
    "it's time we try economic freedom and winning the hearts and minds" ....oh good grief that is the
    goofiest think I read on here.

Godfather.

Yeah, almost as goofy as thinking you can bomb an ideology.
    rgambs said:

benjs said:

mcgruff10 said:

can anyone name a state in the US or even a European country that islam has contributed to in a positive way ?.........me either.

Godfather.

That s actually a legit question.
    Really you don't see it as a rediculous ? ..
    go ahead and start digging Jose and find me a few good ways muslam has contributed to this country or Europe.......any country for that matter.

Godfather.
    It feels ridiculous to even answer you, but I'm a sucker for trolls... Ten significant Muslim inventions (from CNN): surgery, coffee, the original flying machine (predating da Vinci's by hundreds of years), university, algebra, optics, facets of music including instruments and scales, toothbrushes, cranks, hospitals. Godfather, I wish you and all others who think like you would boycott all items on that list.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/01/29/muslim.inventions/
    hahahahhahahahaha yeah 10 ancient guesses at history, couldn't you find anything say within the last 100 years ? let me help, efficient methods of head removal ?, gross treatment of women, should I go on ?

Godfather.

I can't let your ignorance stand when a simple Google search shows how truly moronic this statement is.

http://islam.about.com/od/activism/tp/charities.htm

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/muslim-charity-rated-as-top-10-charities-in-the-us-220659411.html

http://amfhr.com

Is that enough to make you change your shameful opinion? Probably not, but at least your ignorant bullshit was easily dismissed with the flick of a finger.
    Did you miss this or are you backing down on this "lapse in judgement"?
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    edited June 2016

the truth is always hard and sarcasm is usually the response when an answer is not available

Godfather.

Okay, ya racist. Here you go:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-considine/overcoming-historical-amnesia_b_4135868.html

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I watched this last night and it blew my friggin mind

https://youtu.be/QrKyI7rOl68

This is from the Imam who it was reported Omar followed. The Imam denies knowing him but who really knows if this guy can be counted on as a source of truth. Anyways his views on women are outrageous and unfortunately more and more mainstream. This is the kind of thought that needs to be countered.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,014
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/15/how-a-heroic-marines-military-training-helped-him-save-dozens-from-orlando-gunman/?tid=sm_fb

I don't think the article mentions it but I would say it is very likely this guy is Muslim...last name "Yousef" which is an arabic name meaning "Allah increases power/influence"

Godfather?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Godfather.

Michigan.

http://www.ewao.com/a/muslim-group-donates-30000-bottles-water-flint-michigan/
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/15/how-a-heroic-marines-military-training-helped-him-save-dozens-from-orlando-gunman/?tid=sm_fb

I don't think the article mentions it but I would say it is very likely this guy is Muslim...last name "Yousef" which is an arabic name meaning "Allah increases power/influence"

Godfather?

my work computer wouldn't open up the link but if he is muslim great ! I'd be glad to see it.....this young kid I work with is middle eastern and a great kid if he's muslim or not I don't know and to be honest with you I don't care the kid is respectful towards me always...all this shit is giving me a headache.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather?

my work computer wouldn't open up the link but if he is muslim great ! I'd be glad to see it.....this young kid I work with is middle eastern and a great kid if he's muslim or not I don't know and to be honest with you I don't care the kid is respectful towards me always...all this shit is giving me a headache.

Godfather.

I dare you to let the kid read your posts in here. If there is nothing wrong with your views, then that shouldn't be any problem.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather?

Godfather.

I dare you to let the kid read your posts in here. If there is nothing wrong with your views, then that shouldn't be any problem.
    Yeah!!!
    :clap:

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,345
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather?

Godfather.

Yeah!!!

Yes great idea , go ahead GF
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather?

Godfather.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Shawshank said:

My question is, why does everyone appear to be so protective of islam, and going the extra mile to not offend muslims?

I've been thinking the same thing actually. Like the notion of surveillance of mosques. I'm all for it. Would there be muslims that take offense? Sure. And they should be. But sometimes a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. I told this to my dad and he's like "But it's against the law" to which I replied, "Yeah....so what?"

And let's survey catholic rectories while we're at it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I can also see negative aspects of Islam, maybe it's not the religion itself that is to blame but the way some Muslims choose to interpret their religion.
  • Options

Shawshank said:

I've been thinking the same thing actually. Like the notion of surveillance of mosques. I'm all for it. Would there be muslims that take offense? Sure. And they should be. But sometimes a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. I told this to my dad and he's like "But it's against the law" to which I replied, "Yeah....so what?"

it has nothing to do with Islam specifically. it's about people painting one group with one gigantic and ignorant brush. as much as I loathe any organized religion, I would defend christianity the same way. the only time I go after it is to point out the hypocrisy in christians telling others that (insert religion here) is one of violence and should be feared.

read the fucking bible. read history. christianity thrived not through door to door annoyances; it grew from oppression and mass murder.

does anyone here go around saying all priests are child molesters? NOPE. never seen it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Annafalk said:

I can also see negative aspects of Islam, maybe it's not the religion itself that is to blame but the way some Muslims choose to interpret their religion.

Oh, the Quran definitely contains many negative aspects, especially when it comes to the position of women in Islam. Make no mistake, Islam is a religion full of a lot of bullshit.... just like Christianity and a bunch of other religions!!
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

same as christianity, or any other religion. except maybe buddism. not sure.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Shawshank said:

it has nothing to do with Islam specifically. it's about people painting one group with one gigantic and ignorant brush. as much as I loathe any organized religion, I would defend christianity the same way. the only time I go after it is to point out the hypocrisy in christians telling others that (insert religion here) is one of violence and should be feared.

read the fucking bible. read history. christianity thrived not through door to door annoyances; it grew from oppression and mass murder.

does anyone here go around saying all priests are child molesters? NOPE. never seen it.
    I don't disagree with this at all. Not sure why ya quoted me here.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Shawshank said:

you agreed with Shawshank who asked "why is everyone so protective of Islam" and that we should be monitoring mosques.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Shawshank said:

you agreed with Shawshank who asked "why is everyone so protective of Islam" and that we should be monitoring mosques.
    Well yeah but I don't think equates to me painting one group with one gigantic and ignorant brush. If mosques were surveyed, maybe all the FBI overhears is a peaceful group of people worshipping in whatever way they worship. Or maybe they hear the plotting of a terrorist attack. I say "maybe" to each of them because I really don't know. I've never been to a mosque.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather?

Godfather.

hahaahahahaha believe me I'd have no problem with that in fact I be interested to hear what he has to say.

Godfather.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,715
    Sometimes my faith in the masses is somewhat restored. The public, those who pay attention, are more rational than we think:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/poll-trump-orlando-response-224367
  • Options
    question: if your mother, sister or any loved one said she was marrying a muslim and flying to Pakistan to meet the family, wouldn't you be the least bit concerned ? my friends daughter did just that and it did not go well in fact her husbands father hated the white American girl his son married then would let her leave the house or the country, if my friend didn't have friends in government she may have never come home...you don't want to ask him about muslims.

Godfather.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,715

question: if your mother, sister or any loved one said she was marrying a muslim and flying to Pakistan to meet the family, wouldn't you be the least bit concerned ? my friends daughter did just that and it did not go well in fact her husbands father hated the white American girl his son married then would let her leave the house or the country, if my friend didn't have friends in government she may have never come home...you don't want to ask him about muslims.

Godfather.

I would be concerned, of course, because of the treatment of women in that country. But that has zero to do with deporting American citizens who are Muslims, which is what you floated yesterday.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

I would be concerned, of course, because of the treatment of women in that country. But that has zero to do with deporting American citizens who are Muslims, which is what you floated yesterday.
    how else would we get a handle on the terrorism committed by "home grown muslims" ?

Godfather.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Exactly. Why throw out some random scenario about a family member marrying into an incompatible family?? That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. I would also be concerned if my family member met a Mormon whose family lived in one of those Utah polygamist compounds and disapproved of that marriage ... That doesn't have anything to do with deporting citizens and treating a group like the Nazis treated the Jews in the mid- to late '30s either.