Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353

just heard gun sales have soared today in the US. Is that right? Whats the logic there?

is that so in the split second someone takes to shoot at you, you then take out your gun, take the safety off, find out where the shooting was and fire back without hitting anyone innocent? All before they shoot you?

No it's more to protect themselves for the armies that are coming to take their guns away !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,214

just heard gun sales have soared today in the US. Is that right? Whats the logic there?

is that so in the split second someone takes to shoot at you, you then take out your gun, take the safety off, find out where the shooting was and fire back without hitting anyone innocent? All before they shoot you?

No it's more to protect themselves for the armies that are coming to take their guns away !!
    Yeah, the reason gun sales spike after something like this is because everyone thinks it's their last chance to buy guns before the government banns them. Unfortunately I have several relatives that do this, no matter how many times I tell them they're overreacting they still head for the gun shops. It's literally delusional.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 953
    RiotZact said:

Yeah, the reason gun sales spike after something like this is because everyone thinks it's their last chance to buy guns before the government banns them. Unfortunately I have several relatives that do this, no matter how many times I tell them they're overreacting they still head for the gun shops. It's literally delusional.
    Wow, crazy logic. Imagine there's a ban on something dangerous and lie threatening product and peoples first thought is to go out and buy more of said product.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

RiotZact said:

Wow, crazy logic. Imagine there's a ban on something dangerous and lie threatening product and peoples first thought is to go out and buy more of said product.
    Now you're beginning to see the mentality of a gun crazy population.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 953
    eddiec said:

RiotZact said:

Now you're beginning to see the mentality of a gun crazy population.
    Crazy. Over here in the UK we have strict gun laws and by some really weird coincidence less gun crime.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,411

RiotZact said:

I have an uncle like this. He owns 3 AR-15s, at least a dozen handguns, a dozen rifles of varying calibers, and thousands of rounds of ammo. Never leaves home without his pistol holstered to his hip. Truely believes that Obama himself is going to come to his house and try to take his guns away.

When I mentioned that I don't keep guns in my house (I have no problems with hunting rifles/shotguns. My wife is uncomfortable with the idea of a gun in the house.) he went on a rant about how I was inviting terror into my home and blah, blah, blah... needless to say he didn't approve. I sleep just fine at night.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,491
    edited June 2016
    polaris_x said:

we all know chris rock has had the solution all along ...

I agree with you.
    -Use headphones if at work.-
    https://youtu.be/LWjhTWv9eUs

Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,965
    I like it a lot: The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee says he wants to explore the potential for a system that would trigger an alert when someone who was previously on a terrorism watch list wants to buy a gun.

Rep. Adam Schiff of California says an alert would allow law enforcement officials to consider anew whether an investigation ought to be reopened to determine whether the person who had expressed "radical thoughts is at the point of taking those into action."

He spoke with reporters following a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill by Obama administration officials about the investigation into the Orlando gunman.

Schiff declined to provide details about the briefing conducted by FBI Director James Comey and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson. But Schiff did say there is no clear answer yet on whether there were additional factors aside an allegiance to Islamic State militants that motivated the gunman, Omar Mateen.

Rep. Mac Thornberry, the Texas Republican who chairs the House Armed Services Committee, said investigators are looking into everything that may have motivated the gunman.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    mcgruff10 said:

I like it a lot: The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee says he wants to explore the potential for a system that would trigger an alert when someone who was previously on a terrorism watch list wants to buy a gun.

Rep. Adam Schiff of California says an alert would allow law enforcement officials to consider anew whether an investigation ought to be reopened to determine whether the person who had expressed "radical thoughts is at the point of taking those into action."

He spoke with reporters following a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill by Obama administration officials about the investigation into the Orlando gunman.

Schiff declined to provide details about the briefing conducted by FBI Director James Comey and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson. But Schiff did say there is no clear answer yet on whether there were additional factors aside an allegiance to Islamic State militants that motivated the gunman, Omar Mateen.

Rep. Mac Thornberry, the Texas Republican who chairs the House Armed Services Committee, said investigators are looking into everything that may have motivated the gunman.

I agree with it too but it definitely contradicts our basic rights of innocent until proven guilty, doesn't it? Not that someone who's been on a terrorist watch should really enjoy basic freedoms, but just saying.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

mcgruff10 said:

I agree with it too but it definitely contradicts our basic rights of innocent until proven guilty, doesn't it? Not that someone who's been on a terrorist watch should really enjoy basic freedoms, but just saying.
    yeah it's definitely a slippery slope but it's not a bad idea. terrorists don't deserve the protection of our constitution.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited June 2016
    I just want to say thanks to all that have posted in this thread..such a devastating tragedy and yet I am learning so much from reading this thread..

btw.. I think this Pearl Jam song just seems fitting..again, Thanks!!

Yellow Moon

Here, far away
    One could feel the earth vibrate

Moon, changing shape and shade
    As we all do under its gaze

Yellow Moon on the rise
    Yellow Moon on the rise

Round we go
    Where we stop, yeh no one knows
    So tonight, the moon I go

Yellow Moon on the rise

An echo that rings
    A bullet unchained
    One life, one grave
    Joins the parade

The sky grows dark
    With fallen stars
    Who'd come so far
    A headstone engraved
    The colors turn gray
    The black and white fades

Yellow Moon on the rise
    Yellow Moon on the rise

Yellow Moon on the rise
    Yellow Moon on the rise

"Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Meth, heroin, cocaine, etc. are all illegal. Even many of the chemicals used to manufacture them are illegal and/or at the very least heavily controlled. Point being, it does nothing to reduce their availability. In fact, it is easily argued that making these drugs illegal drastically increases violence nationwide. I can see a ban on firearms being very similar. Guns would still be available, guns would still be used irresponsibly, and chances are as arms dealers develop "turf", violence could actually increase.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

That's right. :lol:
  • Options

I just want to say thanks to all that have posted in this thread..such a devastating tragedy and yet I am learning so much from reading this thread..

btw.. I think this Pearl Jam song just seems fitting..again, Thanks!!

Yellow Moon

Here, far away
    One could feel the earth vibrate

Moon, changing shape and shade
    As we all do under its gaze

Yellow Moon on the rise
    Yellow Moon on the rise

Round we go
    Where we stop, yeh no one knows
    So tonight, the moon I go

Yellow Moon on the rise

An echo that rings
    A bullet unchained
    One life, one grave
    Joins the parade

The sky grows dark
    With fallen stars
    Who'd come so far
    A headstone engraved
    The colors turn gray
    The black and white fades

Yellow Moon on the rise
    Yellow Moon on the rise

Yellow Moon on the rise
    Yellow Moon on the rise

Cheers
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    So I see on the news this mass murderer actually was a regular visitor on that club often trying to pick up other men.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    can anyone name a state in the US or even a European country that islam has contributed to in a positive way ?.........me either.

Godfather.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

can anyone name a state in the US or even a European country that islam has contributed to in a positive way ?.........me either.

Godfather.

The Alhambra.
  • Options

Godfather.

That s actually a legit question.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Godfather.

Yea, good point. Just think of all the good Christians preachers have done to the boys and girls across the US and europe.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Godfather.

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

No, it isn't.
    It's a ridiculous question.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,623

Godfather.

Can anyone name a thread or even a topic that GF has contributed to in a positive way?........me either.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Really you don't see it as a rediculous ? ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

Meth, heroin, cocaine, etc. are all illegal. Even many of the chemicals used to manufacture them are illegal and/or at the very least heavily controlled. Point being, it does nothing to reduce their availability. In fact, it is easily argued that making these drugs illegal drastically increases violence nationwide. I can see a ban on firearms being very similar. Guns would still be available, guns would still be used irresponsibly, and chances are as arms dealers develop "turf", violence could actually increase.

That is why it is a REAL shock when this kind of violence happens in almost any other country except the states. Living north of your border, it has really become the yawn factor and no real shock to most people I hang out with when this happens down there. Whether it is Islam, some Christian freak, or just some lost soul, who can easily get their hands on great weapons to kill civilians who are just living their lives with.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    the truth is always hard and sarcasm is usually the response when an answer is not available

Godfather.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

go ahead and start digging Jose and find me a few good ways muslam has contributed to this country or Europe.......any country for that matter.

Godfather.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

go ahead and start digging Jose and find me a few good ways muslam has contributed to this country or Europe.......any country for that matter.

Godfather.
    This is so offensive and foul that I hope no one dignifies such filthy, ignorant trash with a real response.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,951

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    It feels ridiculous to even answer you, but I'm a sucker for trolls... Ten significant Muslim inventions (from CNN): surgery, coffee, the original flying machine (predating da Vinci's by hundreds of years), university, algebra, optics, facets of music including instruments and scales, toothbrushes, cranks, hospitals. Godfather, I wish you and all others who think like you would boycott all items on that list.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/01/29/muslim.inventions/
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    It feels ridiculous to even answer you, but I'm a sucker for trolls... Ten significant Muslim inventions (from CNN): surgery, coffee, the original flying machine (predating da Vinci's by hundreds of years), university, algebra, optics, facets of music including instruments and scales, toothbrushes, cranks, hospitals. Godfather, I wish you and all others who think like you would boycott all items on that list.

hahahahhahahahaha yeah 10 ancient guesses at history, couldn't you find anything say within the last 100 years ? let me help, efficient methods of head removal ?, gross treatment of women, should I go on ?

Godfather.

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,959
    This is like a Monty Python sketch in here...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

benjs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

hahahahhahahahaha yeah 10 ancient guesses at history, couldn't you find anything say within the last 100 years ? let me help, efficient methods of head removal ?, gross treatment of women, should I go on ?

Godfather.

your ignorance on the subject is what drives your fear and your hate ... you've been so indoctrinated with lies and fear that you don't even see that you are a racist ...

when you look at all these mass killings 139 and counting so far this year in the US - you will see two common themes: 1. mental health and 2. ignorance ...

it's been several days now - this was a hate crime perpetrated by a mentally unwell man against a segment of the population he was taught to hate ... whether its islam or christianity teaching that hate - it's still wrong ...