Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Hey that's why he's the GODFATHER it's only his kind that matters to him ga ha ha Ali was not only the greatest boxer he was a giant of a human being more class on his pinky than what the GF has in his whole body ..

good lord you are confused.....Rocky Marciano is the greatest fighter of all time, no loses and most fights ended in K.O, Mike Tyson was a better fighter than clay as well. and why don't you take a moment to tell me what or who is "my kind" I think you'd surprised to know whom I conceder a friend, my list is short but solid.

Godfather.

Yeah ok ..
    yeah o.k ???? dude I just stated a solid fact about the greatest fighter of all time and all you can say "yeah o.k" ? HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA I'm just bustin your chops man.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,025
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283366-orlando-shooters-classmate-he-was-gay
    Earlier Monday, it was revealed that Mateen was a frequent visitor to the establishment, according to one regular visitor.

“Sometimes he would go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself, and other times he would get so drunk he was loud and belligerent,” Ty Smith said of the gunman Omar Mateen, 29, according to The Orlando Sentinel.

Smith added he had seen Mateen at Pulse nightclub at least 12 times before the shooter opened fire on the venue early Sunday morning.

The Orlando Sentinel on Monday reported at least four regulars at Pulse, including Smith, recalled seeing Mateen at the nightclub before the attack.
    I don't think he was casing the joint...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    As I said before, this guy was complicated. A very fucked up guy with several factors inciting him to violence, it isn't a simple case '"ISIS evil", there's more to it than that.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    rgambs said:

As I said before, this guy was complicated. A very fucked up guy with several factors inciting him to violence, it isn't a simple case '"ISIS evil", there's more to it than that.

I liken him more to the guy that shot up the Colorado theater than I do the people out in San Bernardino. Just a crazy violent fuck.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    rgambs said:

Yes this tragedy seems to be changing day by day. Could this have been a situation where this shooter Mateen was comflicted in his possible desires to be homosexual knowing how he would be condemn by his family or his faith being Muslim. Loss his temper from being turned by associates he liked then used Isis by calling authorities to claim affiliation to hide his hidden sexual orientation. There is certainly more to this story for sure.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722

Hey that's why he's the GODFATHER it's only his kind that matters to him ga ha ha Ali was not only the greatest boxer he was a giant of a human being more class on his pinky than what the GF has in his whole body ..

good lord you are confused.....Rocky Marciano is the greatest fighter of all time, no loses and most fights ended in K.O, Mike Tyson was a better fighter than clay as well. and why don't you take a moment to tell me what or who is "my kind" I think you'd surprised to know whom I conceder a friend, my list is short but solid.

Godfather.

"Every time I talk about boxing, some white man gotta pull Rocky Marciano out of his ass."

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,243

myoung321 said:

pjalive21 said:

im just astounded that when something like this happens we go after guns instead of treating the mentally ill or vetting people more properly, but since guns shoot themselves lets take those away from law abiding citizens. I just cant wrap my head around not making individuals responsible, but instead blaming the machine. We already have gun laws on the book adding more and more to clutter up what is already there makes no damn sense

my thoughts with those in Orlando

An assault weapons ban makes perfect sense. If you dont have an assault rifle, you can not kill large amounts of people in short periods of time. It's so simple, it's stupid.
    .........no it's not simple, I enjoy owning a "assault rifle" it's a great tool for home defense and fun to take to a shooting range so who here has the right to take away my rights ? there is no gun problem there is only people problems and if you are worried about mass killings you better outlaw fertilizer or various types of gas as well or we can cut down on mass killings like Boston, NY, CA., etc. we can stop allowing muslim people into our country.

Godfather.

With everyone of these incidents you just keep sounding more & more crazy you make no sense , so now you want all Muslims banned ? Ok how about the ones that are living here deport them ?
    So let's see you & Trump want ..
    1- deport 11million illegal aliens
    2- deport How many Muslims

Tell us how will this get done are you willing to pay more in taxes to offset the cost of such an undertaking what are you willing to give up to see this come true ? ...
    it will take a while but it can be done....by the way, all of them.

Godfather.
    all of them, or just the brown ones?

So you would have deported Muhammad Ali?
    excellent question. assuming this was posed to GF.
    I'm not of the opinion that clay was a great fighter or great anything expect for self promotion.
    what is your point ?

Godfather.

I think Ali was a total douche. But to say you're "not of the opinion that clay was a great fighter" is first off, such a pretentious way to put it, and secondly, just moronic.

Ledbetterman10
    I love it when little men puff out their chest, reminds me grade school.....

Godfather.

reminds me of people who need a gun to feel "tough"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909

pjalive21 said:

im just astounded that when something like this happens we go after guns instead of treating the mentally ill or vetting people more properly, but since guns shoot themselves lets take those away from law abiding citizens. I just cant wrap my head around not making individuals responsible, but instead blaming the machine. We already have gun laws on the book adding more and more to clutter up what is already there makes no damn sense

my thoughts with those in Orlando

An assault weapons ban makes perfect sense. If you dont have an assault rifle, you can not kill large amounts of people in short periods of time. It's so simple, it's stupid.
    .........no it's not simple, I enjoy owning a "assault rifle" it's a great tool for home defense and fun to take to a shooting range so who here has the right to take away my rights ? there is no gun problem there is only people problems and if you are worried about mass killings you better outlaw fertilizer or various types of gas as well or we can cut down on mass killings like Boston, NY, CA., etc. we can stop allowing muslim people into our country.

Godfather.

With everyone of these incidents you just keep sounding more & more crazy you make no sense , so now you want all Muslims banned ? Ok how about the ones that are living here deport them ?
    So let's see you & Trump want ..
    1- deport 11million illegal aliens
    2- deport How many Muslims

Tell us how will this get done are you willing to pay more in taxes to offset the cost of such an undertaking what are you willing to give up to see this come true ? ...
    it will take a while but it can be done....by the way, all of them.

Godfather.
    all of them, or just the brown ones?
    all of them, if they can't follow the legal process for citizenship then send them back.
    do you believe anybody that can walk, swim or fly across a border should gain citizenship of that country ? I do not.

Godfather.

we aren't talking about illegals here. Trump wants to close your borders to all muslims. and he wants to nametag all the ones already here. do you not fucking get that is what hitler did to the jews? FFS, man.

actually, yes, I think borders are the stupidest thing man ever invented (besides guns). it is no longer a viable idea in today's time, but I think it's ludicrous that I have to get permission to go somewhere else on earth, because some government lays claim to that land. it's such nonsense.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,491
    mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

"Every time I talk about boxing, some white man gotta pull Rocky Marciano out of his ass."

:rofl:
  • Options

Godfather.

tyson was a better fighter than Ali? are you out of your mind? Tyson was a powerhouse who was lined up with tomato cans to crush on his way to biting the ear off an opponent and doing irreparable damage to the sport.

why won't you call him by his name, Muhammed Ali?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Lol.....you gotta watch the whole scene....

http://youtu.be/-R1h2Df3Nrc

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA !!!!!!! and every time he's probably right.......btw if a white guy you know has Rocky hidden in his ass you may want to reconsider your circle of friends. LOL !!!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

tyson was a better fighter than Ali? are you out of your mind? Tyson was a powerhouse who was lined up with tomato cans to crush on his way to biting the ear off an opponent and doing irreparable damage to the sport.

he was born clay right ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    A retired Detroit cop on the local Detroit news lost a son in those terror attacks ... found his support for guns interesting come from ex law enforcement ...

Former Detroit police officer who lost son in Orlando attack talks about the mass

shootinghttp://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/former-detroit-police-officer-who-lost-son-in-orlando-attack-talks-about-the-mass-shooting
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    what do you call Bruce Jenner ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,623
    Not to go down an idiotic rabbit hole, but pretty sure basic etiquette states that you should call someone what they would introduce themselves to you as.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577

what do you call Bruce Jenner ?

Godfather.

Please nobody respond to the obvious trolling and attempt to derail the topic at hand
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Godfather.

Tyson is a muslim too.

Oops, I bet GFs opinion just dropped for tyson...
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Not to go down an idiotic rabbit hole, but pretty sure basic etiquette states that you should call someone what they would introduce themselves to you as.

correct.

Muhammed Ali.
    Caitlyn Jenner.

both changed their names legally. even if they hadn't, you call them by what they wish to be called. Richard. Dick. Henry. Hank. the list goes on.

be respectful, GF. just because you don't like muslims or transgenders, doesn't make it your choice.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    g under p said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Lol.....you gotta watch the whole scene....

http://youtu.be/-R1h2Df3Nrc

Peace

I'm glad we can have some levity on this post. These scenes were just friggin' hilarious. I never get sick of the movie. Classic.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

correct.

Muhammed Ali.
    Caitlyn Jenner.

both changed their names legally. even if they hadn't, you call them by what they wish to be called. Richard. Dick. Henry. Hank. the list goes on.

be respectful, GF. just because you don't like muslims or transgenders, doesn't make it your choice.
    true enough. I would have to agree but your off on one point, I don't dislike transgender's...I find them really odd but these people are who they are and that is none of my business.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

Tyson is a muslim too.

Oops, I bet GFs opinion just dropped for tyson...
    he was a great fighter for a while and that's all I was referring too.

Godfather

• Options

Godfather.

he was born clay right ?

Godfather.
    Was your mom born with your dad's last name?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Gun laws are not going to stop this sort of shit from happening...your country is a violent country...pretty simple.

Pretty much. Gun laws don't hurt, but it's this culture of guns and violence and us vs them that is the real problem. Long term solutions are needed. This will take generations to fix.
    In the meantime, we should probably make purchasing a semi-automatic weapon a little more complicated than picking up milk and eggs at Wal-Mart, no?

The fact a person can be deemed too dangerous to fly, but not too dangerous to legally purchase a weapon that can kill 50 people in a matter of seconds is flabbergasting.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759

i am still beyond pissed about what happened saturday night. probably not a good idea for me to be on here reading about it.

i just want to say that if nothing is done about our gun laws following this horrific event, nothing is ever going to get done about it. these people will have died for nothing, same as the thousands before them.

They killed a bunch of kindergarteners at Sandy Hook and nothing got done about it. Newsflash: Nothing is going to get done about it.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    I have to say Jim Jeffries has a point...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89d_1411198955
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

mcgruff10 said:

Instead of rushing to ban guns, can we talk about the fact that the father of the shooter was a god damn Taliban supporter?

Every single fucking time it has to be something besides the gun. There is a common demoniator in every one of these massacres.
    Ding ding ding
    Yep. A gun that can fire even just 20 rounds in a minute shouldn't be possessed by civilians. For any reason. If you like target practice or whatever...too bad. A few bad apples have spoiled the bunch.

mcgruff10 said:

Instead of rushing to ban guns, can we talk about the fact that the father of the shooter was a god damn Taliban supporter?

Every single fucking time it has to be something besides the gun. There is a common demoniator in every one of these massacres.
    Ding ding ding
    Yep. A gun that can fire even just 20 rounds in a minute shouldn't be possessed by civilians. For any reason. If you like target practice or whatever...too bad. A few bad apples have spoiled the bunch.
    Semi auto handguns carried by law enforcement and civilians can fire off 20 rounds in a minute. This dude's sig mcx (not actually an ar-15, though media tried to say it was) wasn't even rigged for spurts or auto, it just had a big clip. It's hard to differentiate an assault weapon from a non-assault weapon with a lot of these weapons.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Gun laws are not going to stop this sort of shit from happening...your country is a violent country...pretty simple.

Pretty much. Gun laws don't hurt, but it's this culture of guns and violence and us vs them that is the real problem. Long term solutions are needed. This will take generations to fix.
    In the meantime, we should probably make purchasing a semi-automatic weapon a little more complicated than picking up milk and eggs at Wal-Mart, no?

The fact a person can be deemed too dangerous to fly, but not too dangerous to legally purchase a weapon that can kill 50 people in a matter of seconds is flabbergasting.
    or too dangerous to drive a car (i.e. DUI's, vision, etc.)....a car that is registered with a license plate that has an annual fee

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    NBC just reported that low life wife drove him to the night club on a previous occasion and tried to talk him out of doing anything criminal...charges are being considered.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    lukin2006 said:

NBC just reported that low life wife drove him to the night club on a previous occasion and tried to talk him out of doing anything criminal...charges are being considered.

I fucking knew it- I read yesterday she was not cooperating with the investigation. Wonder what other shit she helped him with
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.