Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I must decide until Thursday night..Tool or PJ, cause i can't make it both..damn..
    I'm definitely going for Boston.

Might try for Buffalo too... I'm not thrilled about the prospect of being in a crowd of thousands this winter, but am wiling to do it for this band. (it has less to do with covid anxiety as it does straight up social anxiety... I don't want to be around people!!!!)  

Part of me also sees the size of this tour and has me thinking they're trying to do as much as they can this spring... who knows when they'll get back together / tour again? I definitely think Puscifer is on the horizon for next fall, and knowing how (slowly) Adam Jones works, I know I would regret not trying to get to at least one of these shows when all is said & done. 

I don't want to overthink it, but man... this tour is massive. Maybe it's more motivated by the last year & a half then it is the unknown future, but I don't want to take any chances regardless. 
    I will be going for Boston too but will not buy tickets until much closer to the date. Chance of a Quebec show added in 2022 and all of the potential PJ I will be seeing I will make a decision next year. 2019's show was a lot of fun in Boston. 

ticketmaster venue, no?

resale potential is pretty good I should think.
    The resale feature was why I felt comfortable pulling the trigger on a ticket for Dublin this afternoon. 

I have family there I'm desperate to see, so I might be able to finagle this... that is if my wife doesn't murder me first... this conversation is NOT going to go well for me this evening. 

If I don't post in this forum after tonight, she probably murdered me in my sleep. 
    Oh jeez…Tool in Dublin? I hope you get the tickets and trip arranged!

And that you make it through the night ;)
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    edited September 2021
    Had amazing Vancouver seats pre Covid cancellation. Very minimal international bands are including Canada on tours anymore. It’s sad. Will try and hit Tacoma if border is open, or maybe even fly down if need to

i ageee, this tour is long and could be their last for awhile 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I'm guess it's because we're still not at permitting full capacity arena/stadium level events?  hopefully we get to it soon.....
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    New European tour for 2022 announced today, including a Dublin show. Happy days
    That is a TINY venue for them and their stage setup.  Jealous!  Saw them twice on F.I. tour in 2019, and will be hitting Chicago again.

Dublin? The O3 (Dubs get the joke) is a 14000 seat venue made for gigs and has a wide angle feel. It's amazing for gigs-have seen at least 30 there-and size wise it's not tiny at all. In fact I'd call it perfect and I'm very jealous I don't live there at present as I'd be all over it.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Zod said:
    I'm guess it's because we're still not at permitting full capacity arena/stadium level events?  hopefully we get to it soon.....
    Curious how it works when the Canucks home opener occurs in less then a month....Guess is the vax passport second dose requirement is just before that game meaning full arena permitted. That would allow shows like Tool, but I get why they aren't booking anything in Canada, our restrictions are too erratic to plan a show
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    JT167846 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    That is a TINY venue for them and their stage setup.  Jealous!  Saw them twice on F.I. tour in 2019, and will be hitting Chicago again.

Dublin? The O3 (Dubs get the joke) is a 14000 seat venue made for gigs and has a wide angle feel. It's amazing for gigs-have seen at least 30 there-and size wise it's not tiny at all. In fact I'd call it perfect and I'm very jealous I don't live there at present as I'd be all over it.
    Chuckled at that and I'm not a Dub. Show is all seated which means the capacity is only 9000. Same arrangement as Vedder. Got my tickets this morning, high seats but very central which I'm happy with, just to get in. Will try again on Friday to see if I can improve on them. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    Kearn5y said:

Not tiny, but still 9000 capacity for this show. Im jealous, you saw them twice in last couple of years since it was 2006 since they last played here. Good luck with your tickets 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Aaaaanndd last night was not the night to have this conversation w/ the mrs. 

There’s no rush. 😬
  • Options
    HTH do you get a passcode for the presale?  I'm a toolarmy member...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited September 2021
    it's under your profile once you login to TA. It's the promo code. 

Good luck, hope you score. 
  • Options
    it's under your profile once you login to TA. It's the promo code. 

Good luck, hope you score. 
    My "Personal promo code"?  If so, TY.  Now I know.
    GI Joe Lied To UsKnowing Is Not Half The Battle  Hacker Noon
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I must decide until Thursday night..Tool or PJ, cause i can't make it both..damn..
    I'm definitely going for Boston.

Might try for Buffalo too... I'm not thrilled about the prospect of being in a crowd of thousands this winter, but am wiling to do it for this band. (it has less to do with covid anxiety as it does straight up social anxiety... I don't want to be around people!!!!)  

Part of me also sees the size of this tour and has me thinking they're trying to do as much as they can this spring... who knows when they'll get back together / tour again? I definitely think Puscifer is on the horizon for next fall, and knowing how (slowly) Adam Jones works, I know I would regret not trying to get to at least one of these shows when all is said & done. 

I don't want to overthink it, but man... this tour is massive. Maybe it's more motivated by the last year & a half then it is the unknown future, but I don't want to take any chances regardless. 
    I will be going for Boston too but will not buy tickets until much closer to the date. Chance of a Quebec show added in 2022 and all of the potential PJ I will be seeing I will make a decision next year. 2019's show was a lot of fun in Boston. 

ticketmaster venue, no?

resale potential is pretty good I should think.
    Word to the wise: 

Unlike the European shows, it looks like the American TM tickets are non transferrable - there's no resale or transfer option to be seen, unlike the ticket I got for Dublin. 
  • Options
    Saw Tool 2 years ago in Brooklyn. Beautiful show, as usual. Hope they add 7empest to their setlist. Probably my all time favorite from Tool. 
  • Options
    In for Newark. Did Boston & ATL last run. 

+1 on adding 7empest

• Options

+1 on adding 7empest

I'm also hoping for Tempest. 

Hoping for another deep cut from Undertow as well... hearing Intolerance last time around was amazing, and they also played Swamp Song on the last tour. 

I'm in for Boston and my buddy pulled a pair for Buffalo, so I'm in for that too. Now I get to hold my breath over the prospect of a late February road trip from Boston to Buffalo.  :s
  • Options

+1 on adding 7empest

Hoping for another deep cut from Undertow as well... hearing Intolerance last time around was amazing, and they also played Swamp Song on the last tour. 

I'm in for Boston and my buddy pulled a pair for Buffalo, so I'm in for that too. Now I get to hold my breath over the prospect of a late February road trip from Boston to Buffalo.  :s
    Yeah, I wanted to head home to see friends in Boston, but my concert buddy who lives in NJ talked me into the Saturday night in Newark.

I was pretty sure I was gonna get Tempest in Atlanta, but didnt happen. It was two nights after the won the grammy. lol glad I didnt bet more than a few beers on that, 

Boston to Buffalo driving in February is a fun game of russian roulette in regards to weather. 
  • Options
    $373 for 2 tickets?

I think I'll pass on this one...
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    $373 for 2 tickets?

Nuts 
  • Options

+1 on adding 7empest

Yeah, I wanted to head home to see friends in Boston, but my concert buddy who lives in NJ talked me into the Saturday night in Newark.

I was pretty sure I was gonna get Tempest in Atlanta, but didnt happen. It was two nights after the won the grammy. lol glad I didnt bet more than a few beers on that, 

Boston to Buffalo driving in February is a fun game of russian roulette in regards to weather. 
    We toyed w/ the idea of Newark over Buffalo, as it's almost half the distance, but I figured Newark would be a hotter ticket being so close to  NYC and on a Saturday night. 

W/ the Buffalo show being on a Sunday night, we're planning to make the drive out on Saturday... if weather looks to be lousy, maybe we leave Friday night or otherwise play around with our departure time. 

I'm not going to worry about it at the moment, for now I'm just basking in the moment of having concert tickets again. 
  • Options
    $373 for 2 tickets?

Prices defiantly went up, big time. I had a similar section for Boston in 2019 compared to what I just bought for newark. Increase with fee's was about $50 per ticket.
  • Options
    $373 for 2 tickets?

Prices defiantly went up, big time. I had a similar section for Boston in 2019 compared to what I just bought for newark. Increase with fee's was about $50 per ticket.
    Newer venue is usually cheaper too.

Well.  There is always "next time" because I am not spending that for them.  Change up the setlist a little more and maybe I would.
  • Options
    $373 for 2 tickets?

Well.  There is always "next time" because I am not spending that for them.  Change up the setlist a little more and maybe I would.
    I'm in agreement there. I wasn't going to even go this tour. But, my buddy made a good point as to when they may tour again. 

I think Maynard is gonna want to do his thing with Pucifer, then who knows. The prospect of this maybe being the last big run (I know, doubtful) sucked me in.
  • Options
    $373 for 2 tickets?

I'm in agreement there. I wasn't going to even go this tour. But, my buddy made a good point as to when they may tour again. 

I think Maynard is gonna want to do his thing with Pucifer, then who knows. The prospect of this maybe being the last big run (I know, doubtful) sucked me in.
    This is what got me, the prospect of "when will I have the next chance?". 

I do wish they would drop Stinkfist, Schism, Jambi and either Aenima or 46 & 2... but God damn they were on fire in 2019. I'll take what I can get. 
  • Options
    $373 for 2 tickets?

I saw them last go around for FI so I'm good.  I'll live without seeing them again.

I paid $100 to see the Dirty Heads and Sublime this weekend.  THAT was a great friggin show.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    $373 for 2 tickets?

I saw them last go around for FI so I'm good.  I'll live without seeing them again.

I paid $100 to see the Dirty Heads and Sublime this weekend.  THAT was a great friggin show.
    Bro…… they had lunch next door to my shop. I met them all and was handed passes for the Coney Island show.  It was insane! I was hanging with them in the lot after the show , BBqing until 2:30 AM. 

Apparently the owner of the restaurant next door knows them since the 40oz days. They were in the backyard smoking dozens of joints and drinking…. At 1:00Pm hahah. I took a picture with Eric, sublime bass player and Rome. All the other guys were great too. I had doubt that they would even be able to get on stage after seeing what they consumed during lunch. Then I remembered they’re Sublime. They all couldn’t have been cooler. 
  • Options
    $373 for 2 tickets?

Dirty Heads is awesome. I'm sure that show was pretty bad ass. Did you catch them at SHN?

Lol, too bad your not my ticket buddy. You would have just saved me $183 after fees. 
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    edited September 2021
    Can someone please give me the presale code?
    Post edited by Red Lukin on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    $373 for 2 tickets?

Bro…… they had lunch next door to my shop. I met them all and was handed passes for the Coney Island show.  It was insane! I was hanging with them in the lot after the show , BBqing until 2:30 AM. 

Apparently the owner of the restaurant next door knows them since the 40oz days. They were in the backyard smoking dozens of joints and drinking…. At 1:00Pm hahah. I took a picture with Eric, sublime bass player and Rome. All the other guys were great too. I had doubt that they would even be able to get on stage after seeing what they consumed during lunch. Then I remembered they’re Sublime. They all couldn’t have been cooler. 
    $373 for 2 tickets?

Dirty Heads is awesome. I'm sure that show was pretty bad ass. Did you catch them at SHN?

Lol, too bad your not my ticket buddy. You would have just saved me $183 after fees. 
    Saw DH at Coney Island.  Missed them at SHN.  Didn't stay all day for the later shows.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    AW124797 said:
    Saw Tool 2 years ago in Brooklyn. Beautiful show, as usual. Hope they add 7empest to their setlist. Probably my all time favorite from Tool. 
    On their most recent Australian tour which was just before COVID (Feb 2020)  they were playing tempest in their set. I’d didn’t go (long story) but I know they def played it. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I saw both Auckland gigs. First night was everything except Culling Voices. Second dropped Descending (shame as Adam had guitar issues). 7empest was a but dicey the first night but fire the second.

Wow Dublin is seated. Yeah saw Ed in 2017 and Kenny Rogers in 2009 there with that setup. Auckland was standing. Seating might have made it easier for contact tracing after we found out a guy in the crowd had Covid 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018