Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    First it was: Tool & PJ avoid the northeast. 
    Then it was: they only play venues or shows in Boston that you don’t want to go to.
    Now you want to leave PJ out of it because that’s “too easy to prove” & you want to talk about population densities.

Move the goalposts much? 

Believe what you want to believe. 

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    First it was: Tool & PJ avoid the northeast. 
    Then it was: they only play venues or shows in Boston that you don’t want to go to.
    Now you want to leave PJ out of it because that’s “too easy to prove” & you want to talk about population densities.

Move the goalposts much? 

Believe what you want to believe. 

Tool has played as many shows in Australia/NZ as in the NEast in the last 10 years. With the upcoming tour, Australia will blow away the NEast # of shows over last ten years with roughly half the population. It’s not an attack on any other region/country,  just noting how a big band doesnt take advantage of the revenue opportunity in NYC. (similar to PJ with 4 full nyc shows in 7 years, WOW).

since its only about 15 shows in the last decade,  Tool has made it easy for you. And the link is below.

you can decide whether to believe facts, since were just teeing off on fellow fans here. move the goalposts and believe what you want.

better to just cut a man down than to attempt to understand. I lived their tour history, dude.

We can do the south next if you want.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/concert-map/tool-2bd6d836.html?year=2013

Don’t forget to leave out the non MJK shows in 18.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Invincible is a pretty amazing song.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Jason P said:
    Yep! I didn't like it at first but now it's my favourite along with Pneuma.
    I have not listed to the album in well over a month.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited December 2019
    Jason P said:

It's such a monster live... easily my favorite song from FI.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Jason P said:
    Pure gem!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    San Jose show just announced...and after I bought Fresno tickets because I thought that was the closest they were gonna get to the Bay Area.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    Jason P said:

It's such a monster live... easily my favorite song from FI.
    Agreed.. I liked the song on the album.  But live, they pretty much pulled my pants down and spanked me!!!

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Shut up about Invincible live y'all. I'm not going to their show here ☹
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Who else is hoping they break out 7empest on the next leg!???
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    mr bungle said:
    Who else is hoping they break out 7empest on the next leg!???
    +1
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Saw them in Raleigh and it was an incredible show. Way better than when I saw them in 2012. If they add 7empest to the setlist I'm willing to fly to a show just to witness it.
  • Options
    !!!!!!!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    show is timed to the second. what gets cut to include 7empest at 15min+
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    Whatever it takes.. that's the answer.
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    mickeyrat said:

Do they really need Danny solo for 11 minutes?
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    mickeyrat said:

that song is 4 min something......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited December 2019
    mr bungle said:
    mickeyrat said:
    +1 times infinity 

Side note. Cut 2 songs and bring back Third Eye. 
    7empest as the opener and Third Eye as the closer. I love the long Tool songs live. Takes you on a great journey throughout the song. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    the real solution is to go on earlier......

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 810
    Since a long Tool song is around 3 times the length of an average pop song you can understand the inflexibility and shortness (song wise) of the sets, not to mention the video production. The only gripe I have is for multiple gigs in the same city where they could mix it up for one or two more songs. Having said that it is the Fear Inoculum tour and the 4/5 songs they're doing from it is a great representation. I'd love to see 7empest though it may be on a later run. All over Third Eye too, but my white whale for Tool is Eulogy. They play that in Auckland and I'll shit my pants.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    I’ve seen Eulogy live like 2-3 times. Always awesome. All their songs are amazing live. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mr bungle said:
    mickeyrat said:

Danny was fooling around with the giant gong before he sat down behind the drums for about five minutes.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mr bungle said:
    mickeyrat said:

Danny was fooling around with the giant gong before he sat down behind the drums for about five minutes.
    fooling around.

right.

as I recall, it didnt add very much at all to overall time and sounded cool as shit. Seeing him utilize all parts of that particular gong and the sounds and tones he brought out of it.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mr bungle said:
    mickeyrat said:

fooling around.

right.

as I recall, it didnt add very much at all to overall time and sounded cool as shit. Seeing him utilize all parts of that particular gong and the sounds and tones he brought out of it.
    Seeing Danny Carey do anything percussion wise is a treat, & what he did with the giant gong this fall was cool as shit.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 810
    Yup for mine he's the best drummer in the world, seeing him go apeshit is a special treat. Mind you most of his parts in Tool songs are absolutely insane. Rosetta Stoned...wow. Of course I'd rather see Tool play a shorter song instead of a drum solo, but he is so good that I'd never be disappointed to see CC trip in whatever form he chooses to display it.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited December 2019

Hearing a rumor about Tool headlining Bonnaroo next year.

If true, we can probably expect more US dates before and / or after, maybe May - June, or June - July?  

I hope it's arenas again. If they swing through the Northeast, I'll take what I can get, but I really don't want to go back to the local shed.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    JT167846 said:
    Yup for mine he's the best drummer in the world, seeing him go apeshit is a special treat. Mind you most of his parts in Tool songs are absolutely insane. Rosetta Stoned...wow. Of course I'd rather see Tool play a shorter song instead of a drum solo, but he is so good that I'd never be disappointed to see CC trip in whatever form he chooses to display it.
    One of the things I always enjoyed about seeing Rush live was how Neil Peart would have a drum solo every tour.  And each tour it would be a bigger solo than the last.  Sometimes you just have to marvel in the greatness of a damn fine percussionist, as is the case with Neil and Danny!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    JT167846 said:
    One of the things I always enjoyed about seeing Rush live was how Neil Peart would have a drum solo every tour.  And each tour it would be a bigger solo than the last.  Sometimes you just have to marvel in the greatness of a damn fine percussionist, as is the case with Neil and Danny!
    Peart has a much more varied style and setup and incorporates tracks to make it an actual song. Much more entertaining than someone like DC who has totally maximized a relatively limited when it comes to what he chooses to play. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    I've seen Rush 4 or 5 times and Tool a dozen or more. The drum solos are neat but not a high point of either set for me. I would always prefer an extra song or two instead.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjl44 said:
    I've seen Rush 4 or 5 times and Tool a dozen or more. The drum solos are neat but not a high point of either set for me. I would always prefer an extra song or two instead.
     At a Tool show, I would agree because their setlists are so short.  But Rush played 30 songs for 3 hours a night.  The drum solo never took anything away from the rest of the set.