Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    ^^^^ would love to see a show in Australia or New Zealand. So jealous!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 825
    Whenever you travel check the ticket agencies to see if anything is on. Better yet obviously plan trips around events. I'm a Kiwi so it's our normal and I've seen a fair few gigs in both places. The rock gigs are a bit more intense due to scarcity. First time I saw Tool was in 2001 in Auckland and the crowd was literally a seething mass. But yeah, seeing a band you love in a foreign country you love is something special.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,955
    Think I missed my chance in Melbourne. At work, get a text from a friend getting 4 tickets sayi he can only afford to buy 3. Didn’t see the text as I was in class. Because I didn’t respond think I’ve missed out! Second show on sale I suppose? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    For me it was a choice between:
    Tool concert
    Art classes

I chose art classes. I just spent the cost of a ticket on art material I need for classes :disappointed:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Attended last nights spectacle and no posters, lol  

show was great  wish there was a little more depth in the setlist as their back catalogue is pretty good.

we did not get descend, I really wanted that one.

I did get this itinerary from the show though and Tool has a great sense of humor when it comes to their backstage passes!!!

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081

show was great  wish there was a little more depth in the setlist as their back catalogue is pretty good.

I did get this itinerary from the show though and Tool has a great sense of humor when it comes to their backstage passes!!!

Did you see this about the posters?

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,948
    pjl44 said:

that sucks. I didn't even see the philly posters. Merch lines were pretty long.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Yep.  They had a sign posted and took a pic of that too.  I'm waiting for my email.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did anyone receive any information regarding that second round of FI cds?

Just got my email that product has shipped!! month and a half late.... But it's on the way
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Another killer poster for Philadelphia!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    Another killer poster for Philadelphia!!
    Still waiting on an email from TM...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It doesn't seem like there are a lot of Tool fans in LA.  My optimism was restored this morning when, at my local dispensary, the dude checking ID's complimented me on my hoodie, and upon entry, I got to talking with a chick on staff who's a fan like my husband and I are.  She told me she drove to Arizona in 2015 for a Halloween show.

Love finding kindred spirits!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    It doesn't seem like there are a lot of Tool fans in LA.  My optimism was restored this morning when, at my local dispensary, the dude checking ID's complimented me on my hoodie, and upon entry, I got to talking with a chick on staff who's a fan like my husband and I are.  She told me she drove to Arizona in 2015 for a Halloween show.

Isn’t it great to say, “at my local dispensary.” I live in California but in the Central Valley so I can’t say that yet. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    The Mohegan Sun show was unreal. 

Invincible is a fucking monster live. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,815

Glad you got Descending too!
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Glad you got Descending too!
    It was awesome! They’re such a force live, I’m glad I made the time to catch these shows. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,841
    Never saw tool. You all are selling me on them.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    Loujoe said:
    If you've never seen them, you really should. Shit's expensive now, but it seems that (relatively) reasonably priced tickets drop day of show if you're able to grab them.
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 364
    Loujoe said:
    Saw them for the first time in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and it was hands down the best non-PJ concert I've ever been to. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:

Isn’t it great to say, “at my local dispensary.” I live in California but in the Central Valley so I can’t say that yet. 
    Soon for you, I hope!

Yeah, as much as I love PJ (and my first show of theirs will always be unforgettable for a myriad of reasons), Tool is a different beast altogether.  A beast in which I enjoy getting lost - and found, if that makes sense.

Go, LouJoe!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Soon for you, I hope!

Yeah, as much as I love PJ (and my first show of theirs will always be unforgettable for a myriad of reasons), Tool is a different beast altogether.  A beast in which I enjoy getting lost - and found, if that makes sense.

Go, LouJoe!
    Listening to swamp song now, itd be incredible if we get that tonight but it really doesnt matter what they play as long as it's from one of their studio albums. Cant think of another band I've ever thought same.

2nd and last show this year tonight, 9th overall. Hoping for more next year!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Soon for you, I hope!

Go, LouJoe!
    Listening to swamp song now, itd be incredible if we get that tonight but it really doesnt matter what they play as long as it's from one of their studio albums. Cant think of another band I've ever thought same.

2nd and last show this year tonight, 9th overall. Hoping for more next year!
    Well, you get 2 older songs that loop in and replace something else and so far 2 newer songs that get replaced by newer.

I'm wondering where the back catalog of gems are at and why they don't bust them out?  
  • Options
    Maynard chooses the sets and he goes on what he thinks he can and cannot sing. Apparently Eulogy is one of the hardest songs for him despite being one of their most beloved which is disappointing to fans. Sometimes though he'll feel on and belt out some screams he omits live. He can do them in a one off but at 55 night after night...

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    Maynard chooses the sets and he goes on what he thinks he can and cannot sing. Apparently Eulogy is one of the hardest songs for him despite being one of their most beloved which is disappointing to fans. Sometimes though he'll feel on and belt out some screams he omits live. He can do them in a one off but at 55 night after night...
    The octave in Eulogy is the hardest for him to do?  Crazy.  I'd think the screaming in Crawl Away would be.

Very interesting.
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    Ticks & Leeches and The Grudge can't be a walk in the park to sing at age 55 either. I wouldn't be expecting to hear those songs live too often in the future.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 724
    Bootleg Source for current and last year tour dates?
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Soon for you, I hope!

Go, LouJoe!
    Thank you. Me too! And I completely agree about Tool. PJ is my favorite but the top bands are a different beast live than each other. A Tool show is very different than a Pearl Jam show but both are can’t miss.  Going to go deep with some edibles and smoke for my show in January. Can’t wait. 

Side note. Downloaded Author and Punisher since he is opening for Tool at my Fresno show. Really excited to see this pulled off live. 

Bring on the new songs and bring back Third Eye. Such a beast of a track. Hopefully we get 7empest on the next leg. Either way it’s going to be awesome. 

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Not sure if Eulogy is the hardest for him to sing-reckon Ticks. Heard someone brought Eulogy up at a q and a due to it being the favourite for a lot of people. They did The Grudge last year (one of my fave Tool songs) but no scream. Megaphones have been used in Vicarious, Hooker and others.

Ha my two favourite bands are Pearl Jam and Tool-can't separate them. I'll always be more emotionally invested in PJ as them and Nirvana were the first bands I really got into on my own-as well as them being more prolific and having the boots available-but segues aside Tool have a better hit ratio to me. A higher percentage of songs really captivate me and their live sets are amazing especially with the visuals. Still wish they had one more album out than what they do currently but hey life gets in the way.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Faith No More has always been my favorite band, but Tool & PJ have always been #s 2 & 2A. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    It's a hopeless situation...